Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

---No-Mercy---

Scarlet Spear feedback

3 minutes ago, Nssheepster said:

Screenshots for that would be needed, seeing as nobody else seems to be getting equal amounts... Nor have I seen anyone getting that mythical 10K bonus.

The rewards are buggy right now for clients. Last Murex I did, my friend who was hosting got 2565, and I got 0.

Presumably that will get fixed, but you can see the intended rewards here (you have to open the "FAQ" in the post to see how much the mission is supposed to reward, because DE loves hiding information behind extra clicks so much that they even do it on forum posts):

The intended rewards really aren't too low. The update is just a buggy mess right now and it's not giving them out correctly.

10 minutes ago, Nssheepster said:

It is very early. And as you may recall... DE needing to Day 1 or 2 rebalance something because they did an AWFUL job with it.... Is not something new. Remember all the hotfixes and balance patches we got in the first week of Liches? Remember the MAJOR functionality changes we got too, because it was SO badly designed and implemented on release?

There's a lot of people saying 'Wait a week, either DE will fix this and it'll be worth doing, or they won't and you should just ignore it.' That seems like the sensible thing to do given that, as my OP stated.... On DAY ONE, prior to ONLY the first Hotfix, DE has made entirely certain that there is no reason to farm this event.

I am open to this improving. I hope it does. However it's also DE, and despite all their 'hard work' Impact is still the most hated damage type in the game, among other notable long running issues they have refused to fix/change. So there's a significant chance that this isn't getting changed and we'll get a BS post explaining why. Kudos to Reb though, she does a HELL of a good job making DE look better than they are.

while i don't agree with everything DE does, I certainly don't feel as badly about them as you seem to. I also feel way too many of the people complaining about the low rate are not giving the operation a chance as someone has already said in this post the amounts seem to go up the higher your rank is and bonus is tied to your rank as well. i think it is a case of everyone jumping the gun on things and a bad case of some people wanting instant gratification 

Even with that table it's still unclear... Is that meaning that I get 90 per ALL kill codes if I max the ground mission with a full squad? Or is that meaning I get 90 per kill code only on the 17th Condrix? And why is this reward scaling specifically set up to FORCE four player squads to go endless? This screws over both solo players and the players that either don't enjoy or don't have time for endless missions. So not only is that table NOT making things fully clear, it's ACTUALLY making the even look WORSE than it did before.

No energize, no grace. Guardian and strike are the only useful mid-tier arcanes available. For all the good ones we basically got hosed massively as DE is telling us to #*!% off and farm double the amount we needed before.

this is disgraceful.

12 minutes ago, Modus-Pwnens said:

The intended rewards really aren't too low. The update is just a buggy mess right now and it's not giving them out correctly.

There’s no real distinction between buggy and badly designed if the bugs aren’t immediately fixed—and by immediately, I mean like “within the next 30 seconds.”

5 minutes ago, Nssheepster said:

Even with that table it's still unclear... Is that meaning that I get 90 per ALL kill codes if I max the ground mission with a full squad? Or is that meaning I get 90 per kill code only on the 17th Condrix? And why is this reward scaling specifically set up to FORCE four player squads to go endless? This screws over both solo players and the players that either don't enjoy or don't have time for endless missions. So not only is that table NOT making things fully clear, it's ACTUALLY making the even look WORSE than it did before.

ummmm i did not see anything about NEEDING a squad in this table, it does not force you to squad up though you may find the upper levels harder solo but this is true for many warframe operations and a lot of its content as well as warframe at its core is not designed as a solo game, they do their best to make accommodations but that is not what warframe is. also a lot of warframe has better rewards for the longer you stay this is not unusual or new to the game also it's tech not endless as it tops at lv 17 and stops and there is nothing that says you have to go that high  

7 minutes ago, grindbert said:

No energize, no grace. Guardian and strike are the only useful mid-tier arcanes available. For all the good ones we basically got hosed massively as DE is telling us to #*!% off and farm double the amount we needed before.

this is disgraceful.

if you had read the notes they will be getting added later this week and next 

3 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

There’s no real distinction between buggy and badly designed if the bugs aren’t immediately fixed—and by immediately, I mean like “within the next 30 seconds.”

really?

21 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

For example, can the Railjack squad perform tasks faster if the ground team performs better or the other way around?

Yes. You can only advance rj missions if the ground teams send codes, otherwise progress is halted.

To be fair, we got what they said it was gonna be mostly. Teams in space rely on teams on the ground to do things.

25 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

This could have been awesome if:

• you get a teamchat with all players of both squads (communication)

We kinda sorta have this already, it's the relay chat as that's your flotilla and you send/receive codes from random squads in the flotilla. Too bad it's filled with that spam.

All in all, I expected worse. Like squads linked to desync and stuff like that.

5 minutes ago, Gildarts_bb said:

ummmm i did not see anything about NEEDING a squad in this table, it does not force you to squad up though you may find the upper levels harder solo but this is true for many warframe operations and a lot of its content as well as warframe at its core is not designed as a solo game, they do their best to make accommodations but that is not what warframe is. also a lot of warframe has better rewards for the longer you stay this is not unusual or new to the game also it's tech not endless as it tops at lv 17 and stops and there is nothing that says you have to go that high  

The table scales with Kill Codes sent, right? But DE capped your mission ammounts. So you CANNOT reach the amount of Kill Codes ON that table, by yourself. You are physically incapable. So yes, you DO need a squad according to that table.

As for 'A lot of Warframe has better rewards the longer you stay'... No. No it doesn't. After the C rotation of rewards, NOTHING improves. You just go start again from the rewards you got at the beginning of the endless mission. That's been a long running community complaint, in fact, from those who do enjoy endless missions... That we have no reward scaling for them, and so no incentive to keep going after the C rotation ends.

Got almost 10k credits in a few hours by farming railjack missions with a group of 2 (Mesa+Wisp). We managed to do en the entire railjack mission (5 Murex) like 4 or 5 times, and each mission gave us around 2k crédits.

If u want to farm credits, doing railjack mission with a decent group seems the best ? Moreover, it allows to farm Dirac, intrinsics and even some MK III components which is pretty good because my railjack is not very good and i think almost nobody already farmed entirely his railjack. 

Oh and it also give a ridiculous amount of relic, probably more than 20 or 30 relics each missions because it drops tons of relic thanks to kill code and then at the very end after killing 5 Murex u have a huuuuge bonus reward with a lot of relics and Dirac sometimes.

to DE:
in Space Squad, why can't we join other's and have to use our own Railjack? 😠
please make it that we can join other's railjack.

thanks

When I looked at the rewards, they displayed the arcanes as maxed rank.  So, I was thinking I had to earn 1500 credits to get the level 5 Arcane Guardian.  But, right there in the purchase window, it says arcanes are unranked.

I was prepared to grind for 4 of those arcanes when I thought they were rank 5.  Now, I'm not.  It's impossible to grind for what I want.  The rewards are simply too low.  It's insulting really.  I know I'm shut in my house these days and playing more warframe, but arcanes are obviously meant to be very sparsely represented in the game.

This event is too grindy.  Way too grindy.  Bad form, DEs.  I appreciate the content, but I don't like or appreciate the grind.  You don't have to make things easy, but you shouldn't make things unrealistic or impossible either.

I would like to know exactly how this event assigns points? 

My friends and I have only been playing this event together so far of the three of us 

PlayerA ~5k+ scarlet credits
PlayerB ~3k+ scarlet credits
PlayerC ~2k+ scarlet credits

There was one mission where we played with a rando outside of that it's been friends only the whole way. 

Initially I thought it was resource boosters but turned out I apparently had part of one left over from Simaris so even that angle doesn't pan out. 

vor 1 Minute schrieb Irhyo:

Yes. You can only advance rj missions if the ground teams send codes, otherwise progress is halted.

Hm ok, thx for the reply. I had this feeling but because some runs bugged i wasnt sure if not being able to progess was also just a bug 😄

Anyway, in this case i really dont see how this adds anything besides being a funny gimmick on the Relay.

Especially the way its implemented its basically a waiting game, and the best part is that it seems hard to tell if anyone is actually doing what you are waiting for^^

The number of event credits received for the amount of work put in is absurdly low.

825 credits for 45 minutes of work dealing with 10 waves of ground missions when the headlining items of the event are 15,000 and 20,000 credits is ridiculous. At that exchange rate, I'd need to sink 31 hours in to get the two things I want from this event.

I have yet to get anything from a Railjack mission because the game is too busy crashing to ever let me finish.

This event makes the grind of Thermia Fractures look reasonable.

Do we have to use our own Railjack? Can't we join other's? 😠

My reaction to the event What dafug did I just play 😅

Seriously, we are doing the same old defense missions, why does the context/preperation have to be so complicated ? 

12 minutes ago, Nssheepster said:

The table scales with Kill Codes sent, right? But DE capped your mission ammounts. So you CANNOT reach the amount of Kill Codes ON that table, by yourself. You are physically incapable. So yes, you DO need a squad according to that table.

As for 'A lot of Warframe has better rewards the longer you stay'... No. No it doesn't. After the C rotation of rewards, NOTHING improves. You just go start again from the rewards you got at the beginning of the endless mission. That's been a long running community complaint, in fact, from those who do enjoy endless missions... That we have no reward scaling for them, and so no incentive to keep going after the C rotation ends.

void fissures provide better rewards the longer you stay granted its not much but they do, also the old void keys also promoted this behavior on endless missions so there are precedents sorry if i said a lot i was incorrect there i meant a lot of the operations are this way particularly the competitive ones . so its a long running complaint and now that there is something that has a reason to go beyond rotation C there is still complaining.... figures 

and no you only need a squad to be OPTIMAL you do not need a squad to participate as i already mentioned warframe is a multiplayer game not a solo one, they try their best to accommodate but if thats the way you play expect it to be harder.     

31 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Yes there is.

In one case, it might not get fixed. In the other, it almost certainly will.

It's a buggy mess, and the communication about the scoring is horrible (why is it only in a forum post? why is it hidden in a spoiler box?), but everyone needs to chill the #*!% out.

Soo in the RJ missions of Scarlet Spear, occasionally Grineer Crewships will spawn. I believe i missed a nerf in the last month or so because it took 4 Foward Artillery to kill one Crewship, while it took me 1 in Veiled Prox and that with the mod equiped and maxed. The hell is going on?

Also, the grind for creds is insane please rethink...

6 minutes ago, Gildarts_bb said:

so its a long running complaint and now that there is something that has a reason to go beyond rotation C there is still complaining.... figures    

I'm not touching the rest of it, it's self defeating IMO. But this? OFC there is complaining! There are players who LIKE Endless, and players who DON'T. Forcing Endless is ALSO going to anger people. Not rewarding Endless will ALSO anger people. You need a BALANCE, and this does NOT have that.

Honestly, I can't be the only one noticing this pattern. It's nothing new, though. A lot of companies use this cheap trick to pretend they listen to feedback when in reality it's been planned from the very beginning.

The current scarlet spear is a good example. Let's break down some numbers:

You get 125 points for driving away the first Murex. 240 for the second (total: 325). 375 for the 3rd (total 700). 510 for the 4th (1310 total). 645 for the 5th (total 1955) and 765 for the 6th and subsequent ones (2720 total). That would be, being generous and insanely quick, say 30 minutes of gameplay minimum, with a perfect squad. 

Now, some more numbers: 

• Lacera: 20000 points
  • Basmu: 15000 points
  • Forma/Captura/Decorations: 5000 each (20k total)
  • Common arcanes: 1k each, 21k for a max level one (126k total)
  • Uncommon arcanes: 1.5k each, 31.5k for a max level one (409500 total)

Full total: 590500 points.

An now, math:

Assuming, being generous, each Murex run takes 5 minutes on average (including re-stocking, the time it takes you to move from place to place, etc)

Also, please, remember that the numbers can't be real, since it's impossible to play 24/7 at peak, not to mention, it resets every 100 Murex.

• If you do one 1 Murex and repeat: 4724 missions and 394 hours of continuous gameplay to get everything
  • If you 2 Murex and repeat: 1817 missions. 303 hours
  • 3 Murex and repeat: 844 missions. 221 hours.
  • 4 Murex: 450 missions. 150 hours.
  • 5 Murex: 303 missions. 126 hours.
  • 6 Murex: 218 missions. 109 hours. 
  • 6 Murex and stay: 777 Murex driven away. 65 hours.

Now, consider the insane grind. Obviously, they either didn't test it, didn't use basic math, or threw in random numbers. In that case, it's just bad game developing. OR they knew full well it was insane, that it would take a few hours for player to realize this and complain and they had already planned beforehand to reduce those numbers (which I'm guessing will happen this week or early next week). In which case, it's just a dirty trick to pretend they listen to the community. They've actually done that with the Lich grind and the Reactor grind. Release insane numbers. Tone them down later. Claim you listen to the community for doing so. 

32 minutes ago, Gildarts_bb said:

if you had read the notes they will be getting added later this week and next 

given the prices the trash ones are sold at i wonder how many hours we'll have to waste for the good ones. no thanks, i'll stick to eidolons.