Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

5 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

I got around that much in about 45 minutes, what must you be doing differently?

You need to do a single mission and go until the end. Or at least go as far as you can. Not do various shorter missions. So that'd be 17 condrex for ground mission (they go up to lvl 200) or 5 murex for Railjack (haven't done that myself). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

I got around that much in about 45 minutes, what must you be doing differently?

Dunno. Killing things more quickly? I literally just ran around as Nova, cast 4 once in a while, and shot everything that moved with my Bramma (and Redeemer for some of the tougher sentients towards the end).

The good arcanes arn't even there yet the ones up now if you have ever done a bit of eidolon grinding you likely have alot of those already.  Matchmaking on railjack missions seems bad... kinda seems like you have no option to join a crew unless you don't have a railjack yourself thats the worst part imo.  I spent the whole time solo in railjack missions so many people were on the ground ones I did almost half the space ones solo on my own for that wave.

Its alot of grind sure but its a month long event just do a little bit at a time.

hace 8 minutos, Katinka dijo:

Or maybe they start with conservative numbers while the player base does the first few days of testing and then they'll tweak gameplay, fix bugs and adjust rewards/costs based not just on feedback but also their own metrics.  This way they can make sure exploits have less of an effect.  Same reason why the rarer Arcanes aren't available yet.

Those are one heck of a conservative numbers. When even the simplest weapon would take 23 consecutive Murex runs. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Crusher4881 said:

They should probably add sentients that go out and attempt to hack your link satellite to disable it and end the mission, forcing you to defend against that. But, to compensate, they should reduce the amount of op-links required for maximum kill speed to 2. Right now when the team reaches the area, all 4 people go into the ship just to drop oplinks, and then 1 or 2 might recall out to defend the railjack.

it would be kinda hard to do that now.  Matchmaking for the railljack part doesn't work well.  They didn't put in an option to join a crew, the only way you can join a crew is if you don't have a railjack of your own.  If you have one it just puts you up there solo so most of the space squads are just solo players.  At least that was the case in the few waves I have done so far.  as it is its not hard to solo but if they added all that it would be.

hace 6 minutos, Crusher4881 dijo:

There is something that makes the grind much easier. Namely, if your flotilla kills all 100 murexes within the time limit,you get extra points, up to 10000 if you scored 5000 points during the mission. That cuts the grind by 2/3rds or so.

That would mean like you and 3 other in your squad need to bring down 9 Murex for maximum efficiency, which allows for 11 squads to get that bonus (if the timing is perfect and everyone stops at 9 kills). I dunno how many people can fit in one flotilla, and considering you can't exactly coordinate with everyone, my guess is there will be people left out of the reward.

And even so, it's a 10k bonus every 2 hours. So, it's better to keep going after 9, which will bring up much more competition, which in turns means even fewer peole will get the reward.

Edited by ixidron92

Just FYI you can only do 5 Murex per run. It's no longer endless, they put a cap on both missions (ground mission is 17 condrex max).

But yea, I agree. This trend of starting with absolutely outrageous and ridiculous numbers to tone it down afterwards is pretty draining on the player base. They should at least start more realistic. Like consider: what type of grind makes sense to earn a cool new weapon bp? Certainly it's not running 8-9 missions of 30 min each for a total of 240-270 min of gameplay (not even counting loading screens and downtime). 

EDIT: That's 4.5 hours for one weapon. Now rinse and repeat for the other weapon, the simulacrum, the cosmetics, all the arcanes that you need to put at r5 now that your old arcanes aren't maxed yet, etc... 

Edited by --END--Rikutatis
  • Like 6

I see some screenshots of people getting a bonus in the mail on reddit. I'm curious if the bonus is based on the leaderboard and if so if only a handful of people actually get the bonus each wave? If so, that's an awful system and they need to change it so everyone can reliably farm. 

Some people have done ground team missions, then done a railjack mission, and ended up getting a kill code form themselves. The whole "squad link" is a scam. Ground team player names are just put into a waiting list, and then sent out in order to a railjack team. There is zero immediate meaningful interaction between the two sides.

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

it's just a dirty trick to pretend they listen to the community

If DE sincerely want to know why WF is hemorrhaging players, this right here is why. They've done it too much, people see through it now and don't want to be subjected to it anymore. All the other stuff, the bugs, the delays, the unfinished content, the abandoned systems, all the rest of it would be forgiveable and we'd happily joke about it. But this, this is gaslighting. It is abuse. No wonder people are leaving in droves.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 37

I'm not happy about how you argue this whole thing.

I just spend 2-3 hours in this event and got...nothing? If you think about how long it took for the new release it's a shame!
NO, i dont want to grind 6-10 hours to get one weapon... that es even worse than Lichs

DE... 2 Missions after this long time and then making it the worse grind ever ISNT CONTENT it's lazy work. Why dont you just change the chance for warframepart drops on bosses from 33% to 5% and call it "a new experiance"

for most of us this is 10-20 hours for 6000MR points... nothing more and nothing less. It's mobile defence 2.0 with the worst time/reward since lichs and the grind of the second spider mission on fortuna so build the thing that lets you use archwing weapons on the ground

• Like 21

33 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

If DE sincerely want to know why WF is hemorrhaging players, this right here is why. They've done it too much, people see through it now and don't want to be subjected to it anymore. All the other stuff, the bugs, the delays, the unfinished content, the abandoned systems, all the rest of it would be forgiveable and we'd happily joke about it. But this, this is gaslighting. It is abuse. No wonder people are leaving in droves.

Gaslighting is very serious and abusive behaviour. I’d like some additional clarification before I entertain the idea that I’m being subjected to it.

This quoted post is your response to the sentiment that companies act like they’re listening to feedback, but they planned all along to only make it seem that way. The only way I can think of providing feedback at the moment is on the forums or (to a lesser extent) reddit or twitter or social media in general. I’d like additional sources of feedback if you can provide, and wish to expand my knowledge regarding them, but because we’re both posting in the forums I’m focusing on the forums as feedback.

Based on what I know about the dynamic of feedback and implementation, the question I’m asking of you in search of clarification is: People are leaving in droves because they’re not being listened to on the forums?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

hace 4 minutos, (NSW)Greybones dijo:

Gaslighting is very serious and abusive behaviour. I’d like some additional clarification before I entertain the idea that I’m being subjected to it.

This quoted post is your response to the sentiment that companies act like they’re listening to feedback, but they planned all along to only make it seem that way. The only way I can think of providing feedback at the moment is on the forums or (to a lesser extent) reddit or twitter or social media in general. I’d like additional sources of feedback if you can provide, and wish to expand my knowledge regarding them, but because we’re both posting in the forums I’m focusing on the forums as feedback.

Based on what I know about the dynamic of feedback and implementation, the question I’m asking in search of clarification is: People are leaving in droves because they’re not being listened to on the forums?

I've denounced that in the 2 previous occasions, both the reactors and the lich system being insanely grindy on purpose, and also doing the math for the reactors, though someone else did the math for the Liches.

• Like 1

^ seems to explain the bonus system.

Not sure how difficult it is to hit those ranks or how reasonable that is in terms of time investment vs. reward. 

I also think it's not ideal that you have to seemingly stay on one Flotilla per wave and get all your points in just that one in order for it to count for the bonus (at least it sounds like that's how it works?). 

edit: now my new question is, can you hit rank 3 in a Flotilla, leave and go do it in another and so on and so on and get bonus mail for all of them? 

Edited by Borg1611
  • Like 1

Here's a controversial idea: That pattern actually is a good thing to have. Specially for a game like warframe.

The devs don't pretend that this isn't a bad grind, it's practically their way of saying "don't burn yourself out, it's not worth the time, come back after we sure we got it right". 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

I've denounced that in the 2 previous occasions, both the reactors and the lich system being insanely grindy on purpose, and also doing the math for the reactors, though someone else did the math for the Liches.

Okay. Thanks for your input (I mean it). The question was for @SordidDreams

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

45 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

Unfortunately when most relays reach 100 murex killed you cant even grind anymore. Which might be the stupidest thing to ever be concieved in this game.

This.  Got a group for the railjack part, tried to go, had to wait 10 minutes.  Then after that, game told me to wait another 10 minutes.  I told the game to shove off and went back to destiny 2.  When scarlet spear is out of beta let me know I’ll give it a try. 

• Like 1

hace 1 minuto, FireSegment dijo:

Here's a controversial idea: That pattern actually is a good thing to have. Specially for a game like warframe.

The devs don't pretend that this isn't a bad grind, it's practically their way of saying "don't burn yourself out, it's not worth the time, come back after we sure we got it right". 

So, in essence they are doing it so players don't play during release, which is when normal companies want players to be active. They are saying: F*ck it, we're releasing something insane in terms of grind, glitchy and broken, don't play it until we've fixed it or all your time investment is for nothing.

Quite a sh*tty strategy imho.

• Like 9