Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear feedback

---No-Mercy---

8 minutes ago, Borg1611 said:

^ seems to explain the bonus system.

Not sure how difficult it is to hit those ranks or how reasonable that is in terms of time investment vs. reward. 

I also think it's not ideal that you have to seemingly stay on one Flotilla per wave and get all your points in just that one in order for it to count for the bonus (at least it sounds like that's how it works?). 

That looks like you get 20k points total for doing 4 full missions for one flotilla if it reaches 100/100 before it expires. 2.5k per full mission x 4 is 10k. And then a mail with 10k for reaching 10k with the flotilla before it expired.

Edited by Redfeather75

Edit: Holy mother of god, I did not know about the rank mechanic at all, it seems the grind can be shortened by a huge amount with a couple long missions. But tbh, this only goes to show the other problems of the mode:

Not being able to join randoms is pretty stupid, this isn`t a raid that needs a previously formed squad to ensure communication, especially when talking about the ground mission.

Btw, ground missions are Earth exclusive? Is that a lore restriction? Why not add this mode to other planets? To be fair, I don`t know anything about game development, but how hard would it be to add this mission to another planet or two to decrease the repetition? Especially since the grind is so abundant.

The rewards don`t really seem to be worth the trouble, the only good ones being the simulacrum and the stance forma, both of which I`ll only purchase once, and because of the rank system I`ll definitely be using to my advantage, I might be completely done with this mode in a week.

Edited by Lightel03
Why did they not say anything about this rank mechanic?
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Gildarts_bb said:

really?

1 hour ago, Modus-Pwnens said:

Yes there is.

In one case, it might not get fixed. In the other, it almost certainly will.

It's a buggy mess, and the communication about the scoring is horrible (why is it only in a forum post? why is it hidden in a spoiler box?), but everyone needs to chill the #*!% out.

Yes, really. If there was one thing DE needed to make sure absolutely worked from the start—was ironclad bug free—it was delivering the correct amount of points so that people recognized that they weren’t just pissing away their time before saying “hell with this, I’ll find something else to do.”

Like the fundamental mechanic is “Do mission, get points,” and they’ve apparently messed up that part through bugs and messaging confusion. Without it working correctly, it doesn’t matter if it was intentional or accidental, it lands them right in another “DE lives to screw us with the grind” scenario. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I was expecting that my crew automatically fills itself like usual.

Now it seems you need to recruit them.

Also I hoped that there is more stuff for RJ.

The Sentient tile set is nothing new for me, maybe thats why the RJ part is a bit meh for me.

Maybe some fixes like giving the photor its correct skin.

Sentient RJ Weapons, skins,.... The Avionics are nice for whoever needs them.

Maybe they played it save with the event since the Wuhan Virus lock down prevents them to fix complicated stuff fast if needed.

Just spent five minutes waiting for a kill code to be sent. This is just another example of why there should be some kind of test server where people can try out a patch before it hits live. I can't imagine that this is what DE wanted the event to feel like.

• Like 1

I think I'd be more hyped if the update just added random bosses around the star chart and they ranged in difficulty and reward and were on a rotating time limit.

Not really like acolytes but just for example.... 4 bosses randomly appear across the game. They only last for 10 minutes. Like a condrix appears in a tileset and beating it gives 500 points. And another boss appears in another tileset but is much harder and gives 1000 points. And you only get 10 minutes each hour to fight those 4 as you can do.

Yes that would have been varied and challenging.

Edited by Redfeather75

53 minutes ago, Doc-Orange said:

The matchmaking issue is preventing me to play this event!

The space mission as it is now isn't to hard to solo.  I did a full wave of space solo and I was actually the number one space squad for that wave. Its just a mobile defense with sentient, the railjack is just a taxi to the ships.  You fly to one drop of the satellite kill the sentient spike before it boards then mobile defense

2 minutes ago, CR0ME said:

I was expecting that my crew automatically fills itself like usual.

Now it seems you need to recruit them.

This can happen, I had it happen one time in 6 hours of doing space squads.  Though the only way it can happen is if someone without a railjack joins a murax raid which is pretty rare, if you have a railjack it just puts you on yours.

1 minute ago, ixidron92 said:

So, in essence they are doing it so players don't play during release, which is when normal companies want players to be active. They are saying: F*ck it, we're releasing something insane in terms of grind, glitchy and broken, don't play it until we've fixed it or all your time investment is for nothing.

Quite a sh*tty strategy imho.

I have no comment about glitch and being broken, it's unavoidable, only to what extend.

What i mean by "good"  is that the only alternative to a big grind at the start and lower grind at the end is that to combat inevitable exploiters is ... fixed time-gating to the sense of "one arcane per day only till we fix this exploit", and illegitimate already gained loots from them. 

And if there are a set of player that truly enjoy the game play to the extend of forgetting about the grind and just play for fun, it's their best case scenario. (rare, but happen)

Which led to the final point, is that the big grind discourage those who plays the number instead of the game play. If the grind is too good from the start , it would be very hard for the devs to tne it down, cuz that would make making the start of every release a "hardcore only" zone of ppl burning themselves out and leave a bad taste for those come to the party later (remember how baro was introduce?)

Just now, Ham_Grenabe said:

Yes, really. If there was one thing DE needed to make sure absolutely worked from the start—was ironclad bug free—it was delivering the correct amount of points so that people recognized that they weren’t just pissing away their time.

Like the fundamental mechanic is “Do mission, get points,” and they’ve apparently messed up that part through bugs and messaging confusion. Without it working correctly, it doesn’t matter if it was intentional or accidental, it lands them right in another “DE lives to screw us with the grind” scenario. 

you are aware that bugs happen in every game, program, and bit of computer code, it happens it has been happening since the start if the video game it does not matter where or who or what part of the program, it happens. there is also a balancing aspect to things the players frequently out pace DE's intended pace of accumulation of things due to the simple fact that there are literally millions of us and we think of things they don't  so perhaps they were a bit Conservative to see where the players will take things before ramping things up. once again i will point out it is very early in the operation it is supposed to last a month after all and it only came out today. everyone just needs to relax and take a chill pill or something.

a few things to bear in mind though:

- thanks to COVID, a lot of people are stuck at home and out of work; casual gamers who would normally not have the time to grind an event due to work/school concerns now basically have all the time in the world. it's not like we've got anywhere else to be!

- you only have to do the event as many times as YOU want. personally I'm just gonna go for the weapons, and if the event doesn't feel too grindy, I'll go for some arcanes as well.

- it is time-limited, at least for now. Scarlet Spear may return later down the line at some point, but time limited means FOMO (fear of missing out), and that's something that draws people in, even if it is kind of a moral grey area.

I'm sure some people will disagree, but I personally have been aching for a grind, and this will keep me sated for a while. 

25 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

Here's a controversial idea: That pattern actually is a good thing to have. Specially for a game like warframe.

The devs don't pretend that this isn't a bad grind, it's practically their way of saying "don't burn yourself out, it's not worth the time, come back after we sure we got it right". 

That's all very good, if it hadn't been, you know... a limited-time event.

• Like 7

Matchmaking is really killing the grind on this one. While you can get higher amounts of credits and numbers of condrix done, that generally requires having a team especially in the early days of the event when everyone is new to it. Ground teams seem to never form full squads from public matchmaking. The railjack side seems to automatically throw you into a new match if you own a railjack, no one really ever joins your crew generally, and if you try to invite someone and your flotilla is full, it won't let you. That last bit also extend to inviting people from your instance's flotilla chat, which should work considering it doesn't add anyone to your flotilla. 

A lot of people are also having trouble getting codes, as in the game seems to not funnel kill codes to every space mission at the same rate. 

We don't know yet what the better arcanes are going to cost but they are all unranked so it's quite the investment to farm them if you want a higher ranked arcane. 

11 hours ago, FireSegment said:

Here's a controversial idea: That pattern actually is a good thing to have. Specially for a game like warframe.

The devs don't pretend that this isn't a bad grind, it's practically their way of saying "don't burn yourself out, it's not worth the time, come back after we sure we got it right". 

Yeah, right. They don't want people to play updates right on release. That's why they don't hype them at all, don't announce their immediate release during Game Awards and such.

Please. 🙄

• Like 1

On a total different side-note: about the "clan-emblem-glyph" to be implemented:

You may judge me, call me dumb or anything, I guess I'd deserve it, because i did not understand it correctly, when DE announced clan-emblems as glyphs ( ?was that the choice of words, wasn't it?)

I thought -or hoped,- we could chose our clan-emblem as glyph to appear in top left as our thumbnail, like also in mission loading screen, mission-reward-screen and so on... even maybe would be able to SPRAY it on surfaces in missions,via setting glyph in gearwheel.

Long story short - I hoped for this:  menu -> profile ->glyph -> choose  clan-emblem 🙂

❤️ thanks DE for what we can do now, with our clan-emblems!! Nevertheless awesome ❤️ 

Somehow i was naive and hoped for crazy choices ,...really sorry for my wrong asumptions and expectations! SORRY for me complaining on that, really sorry, but i wanted to let this loose somehow T-T

Spoiler

m6s11gj5tpo41.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------EDIT-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

soo, I did my research, !

DE

please accept my apologies!

In devstream #136  at time 01:07:47   You announced SIGILS, and no clan-emblems for GLYPHS whatsoever !

As I watched it that day, i just had the very same idea as some others in the  twitch-chat, i.e. nubxilla, or goldfishj5 :  "clan-emblems for glyphs"  

Sorry!

I somehow probably went to bed that day, already asuming, that " the-clan-emblem for glyph" has to be such a good idea, that somehow I turned "sigil" into "glyph"  in my mind. Didn't notice this mistake, this false assumption until today.

Sorry DE!  Sorry folks!  MEA CULPA

Edited by nyxtasy
typo / grammer / layout apology xD

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

This can happen, I had it happen one time in 6 hours of doing space squads.  Though the only way it can happen is if someone without a railjack joins a murax raid which is pretty rare, if you have a railjack it just puts you on yours.

At first I was wondering for a short moment how to reach the SS base/station. Then I just tried the event tab. 

I don t like inviting people( I got lazy) and the rewards seem a bit meh for me.

I hoped I could exchange all those Anomaly shards to get stuff.

Maybe they make the event more attractive.

No Drama, just a bit disappointed that I prepared my RJ for an event that tells me to leave the ship so in the end we have technically two Ground crews.

Edited by CR0ME
  • Like 1

Sometimes I question you people, like, Tenno, you have roughly 3 weeks or 504 hours so is it really important to have them all day one?

Even after you've done getting them all efficiently, what are you going to do? Complain there's nothing to chase/do?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gildarts_bb said:

you are aware that bugs happen in every game, program, and bit of computer code,. once again i will point out it is very early in the operation it is supposed to last a month after all and it only came out today. everyone just needs to relax and take a chill pill or something.

Wait, what? I had no idea.

it happens it has been happening since the start if the video game it does not matter where or who or what part of the program, it happens. there is also a balancing aspect to things the players frequently out pace DE's intended pace of accumulation of things due to the simple fact that there are literally millions of us and we think of things they don't  so perhaps they were a bit Conservative to see where the players will take things before ramping things up. everyone just needs to relax and take a chill pill or something.

In fairness, we do tend to give DE tons of runway to careen down. On the heels of liches and railjack, busted grind again is not a great look.

I've been getting 700-900 in about 10-15 minutes running the Railjack missions solo and I've not even tried to optimize my loadout for it yet.

I'm really curious how so many people are getting so few points per run.

• Like 1

Speaking of matchmaking I've not been put in a squad at all for the last few hours on various missions, on various planets let alone the scarlet missions lol I've failed so many missions due to being alone and no one joining anything I'm doing.. seems odd for public setting.. 

Now knowing how the bonuses work my biggest issues would be RJ matchmaking so we can do that side of it without a premade squad + most public groups don't go anywhere near a full run currently, most quit before 10 rounds. This makes it kind of obnoxious to hit ranks in time for a wave. 

hace 4 minutos, 844448 dijo:

Sometimes I question you people, like, Tenno, you have roughly 3 weeks or 504 hours so is it really important to have them all day one?

Even after you've done getting them all efficiently, what are you going to do? Complain there's nothing to chase/do?

Day 1? People who can't do several hours a day will barely make it by the end of the event or at all.

• Like 8

Honestly, it doesn't matter. They'll slightly buff the reward structure, and you guys will keep playing. Same as usual.

If you really wanna hurt the game, quit for a year. Maybe 1 out of a 1000 of you will actually do that. 2019 was bad for them because lots of players stopped logging in for months.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Wait, what? I had no idea.

In fairness, we do tend to give DE tons of runway to careen down. On the heels of liches and railjack, busted grind again is not a great look.

also in fairness i did not find the grind in railjack busted in the least, can't say much about the liches as i have really only done one and i am i really only doing them casually so i don't consider it a "grind" but i generally find i am in a minority opinion there as i don't grind for much i play the game more organically which i find leaves me with plenty to do even after lots of hour and years of play but meh each to their own  

DE, since you made the rank 5 Arcane changes after Plague Star, could you please put Plague Star Arcanes in Little Duck's trade? I'm not even asking for rank 5 Arcanes like you have now. Just some way to try to rank up the rank 3 Arcanes I have would be nice! I really ran a lot of those Plague Star missions for those Arcanes (after you made those Arcanes more expensive)! I'm not looking forward to running Plague Star for 11 more of each Arcane...