Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania Prime: Riven Disposition Update Plans

[DE]Connor

Greetings Tenno!

With today’s Titania Prime Access announcement, you may recall that we are preparing some adjustments to Riven dispositions, including our first pass at Melee Riven disposition. However, the last month has been a tumultuous time for Warframe - we didn’t want to gather usage stats until Warframe Revised had a chance to settle, but we’ve also been very busy with the transition into working from home!

When these factors met the reality of consoles’ certification process, we had to make a difficult decision. So unfortunately, Riven disposition changes will NOT be included in the upcoming Prime Access console builds. We will instead ship these changes in the following console update, likely Scarlet Spear. 

Since we make these changes synchronously across platforms to avoid unfair market manipulation, these changes will also be held back on PC until console players are up to date.

We’re sorry about the delay, and hope that you are understanding during these unusual times! Thanks everyone!

11 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

However, the last month has been a tumultuous time for Warframe - we didn’t want to gather usage stats until Warframe Revised had a chance to settle...
Since we make these changes synchronously across platforms to avoid unfair market manipulation, 
these changes will also be held back on PC until console players are up to date.

We’re sorry about the delay, and hope that you are understanding during these unusual times!

That's probably the wiser course of action, so no worries, it's all good.

Thanks for the heads up.

On 2020-03-24 at 4:40 PM, [DE]Connor said:

We’re sorry about the delay, and hope that you are understanding during these unusual times!

Just [DE]lay the riven nerfs forever and nobody will be upset

Or better idea - set all dispositions to 1 (neutral) as a baseline, then buff all the less popular ones

Best idea - fix rivens to not be RNG, thus meaning we wont need limited Pay2Win slots for them, and we could even build our own custom rivens!

2020/3/27 AM3点20分 , (PS4)True_Reclaimer 说:

Just [DE]lay the riven nerfs forever and nobody will be upset

Or better idea - set all dispositions to 1 (neutral) as a baseline, then buff all the less popular ones

Best idea - fix rivens to not be RNG, thus meaning we wont need limited Pay2Win slots for them, and we could even build our own custom rivens!

Agree.

DO NOT learn the balance model as Blizzard Entertainment in Starcraft.  Warframe needs keeping self-effort valuable(idea 1) and expand custom styles(idea 2)

On 2020-03-25 at 11:12 AM, Xardis said:

It would be nice if rivens were useful even on weapons that got nuked. It would also be nice if dispo was judged by had by a team that played the game regularly.

It would be nice if we all could actually believe that the nerfs/buffs are truly based on "usage stats".

It would be even better if we knew what "usage stats" actually mean. Is it how many of the weapon have been MR'd to 30? How many that are currently owned? How many that are actually taken into missions? How much the weapon is actually used in a mission (equipped "in hand")? Is it how many kills the weapon rack up? How much total damage it does to enemies (in missions)? How many kills the weapon rack up with a riven build?

I think the idea of having a moving riven disposition based on "usage" is fair and ok, since that links to the original purpose of rivens (to make "underused" weapons more interesting). However, if there are arbitrary decisions made while changing disposition, the system becomes inherently unfair and "false".

In other words, if a weapon is "too powerful" but not widely used, leave the riven disposition alone and nerf the weapon instead (if needed). Arbitrary changes (= not following the logical context) to disposition as a means to nerf the riven+weapon combo would be lying (in my book anyway). And I know there are quite a few players who suspect this is what is going on, and why the "based on usage stats" is considered "not completely true".

All this could be easily rectified by making the disposition calculations public, so we would all know what "usage stats" are actually used and could be sure that they aren't arbitrarily manipulated for specific weapons & rivens. Or, if that is what is actually going on, just say so ("yes, riven disposition is changed to balance stuff, not by actual usage"). 

I think that riven disposition should change for players who didn't invest in rivens and that the stats would change depending on if a player has rerolled a riven type or not to exclude them. Any new rivens they get would reflect the new changes of the disposition (good or bad) EG: getting a 1.0 dispo to perfect stats and having the dispo change to 1.2 would mean they would have to try and get new stats all over again with a new riven of that type (this would be a bad case example), or having good stats at 1.0 and it getting nerfed to 0.8 and they would get to keep the riven they worked for. I believe the community and everyone who actually cares about rivens would find this a good compromise.

On 2020-03-25 at 5:06 AM, craftfaster2 said:

Hey, it's riven changes, take alllll the time you want. infact don't even release it! riven changes are always bad news. I like my nukor riven! leave it ALONE!

riven changes only means nerfs to me. i say stop nerfing stuff and adjust enemy stats to make them more challenging, then there is no need for nerfs of any kind at all!

8 hours ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

They are based on power level as well.

DE stated this on a Riven Dispo Update thread a few months ago.

No riven changes are based on utter BS and spitting on players time and money

- Prime weapons getting worse disposition than their knockoff versions is plain stupid;

- dispositions so low that a riven is actually worse than a regular corrupted mod are insulting;

- some stats  are still missing from riven poll: ammo conversion, area of effect, accuracy, most acolite mods effects

- no changes to reroll costs or any form of mitigation of the crazed RNG pertaining rivens

- DE still crapping on players inventories by changing what is not theirs!

- LET DISPOSITION ON INVENTORY AND EQUIPPED ITEMS ALONE! Update it only in case of resale or reroll!

Archived