Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: Launch Hour Feedback Top Items

[DE]Rebecca

7 minutes ago, Arcmourn said:

A large portion of your player base is stuck at home during a pandemic on lock down and the first major event/patch you release has time gating on play... ya think that might be an issue? 

I really, really hope not, because I still have a job to go to.
So if it is set for that level of availability to play then I'm not going to get anything like what is expected.

We've got Ori, Doom Eternal, Half Life, Monster Hunter World events, WoW exp booster, and Final Fantasy 7 all lined up competing for our time.

You all need to consider VERY carefully in this time period just what you are competing with. 

Go ahead and make the event grindy and tedious as #*!%. While the rework update certainly improved things you've definitely not redeemed yourself for the travesty that was the end of 2019 into early 2020. Warframe is going to get dropped like a bad habit unless you suck it up and make some moves towards making the event actually feel REWARDING and FUN.

It's not just me, right? Every biggish update since (and including) Liches has been excessively buggy and needed massive amounts of "feedback" to not be a dreadful slog. Things are getting pushed out worse with not enough time to fix before moving on 😕

3 minutes ago, Crevab said:

It's not just me, right? Every biggish update since (and including) Liches has been excessively buggy and needed massive amounts of "feedback" to not be a dreadful slog. Things are getting pushed out worse with not enough time to fix before moving on 😕

This is why Warframe needs a separate public test server. 

The store is not complete as we anticipated the need to balance this entirely

The most fun i have had in this game lately is watching you guys crash and burn... seriously, if something like the store isint "ready" what can we expect from the game mode itself, everything is broken, the grind again is a massive snoozefest with poor rewards for the sake of "keep people playing", you guys dont learn, jesus, get a grip, already said time and time again, what keeps people playing is not FOMO, is FUN, delay stuff if you have to, rushing to put out things because you are desperate for players is only backfiring, take the covid quarantine, do some work from home with some nice relaxing hot cocoa by your side, and ship stuff WHEN ITS READY.

51 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Wave Completion
Completing a Murex attack Wave (100/100)  for a Flotilla will result in bonus Scarlet Credits if you committed to your Flotilla to earn Rank I, II, or III. This is an important part of score balancing, but also important for overall achievability which we are monitoring (whether to increase the amount of Murex, etc). This is part of the stress test. 

How do we know what our progress is on a specific Flotilla and how do we keep track of that, especially since some might get full at times like relays?

@rebbford @sj_sinclair  @PlayWarframe  so I'm a support worker with hardly any time to play at the minute due to the chaos going on, the time restrictions in this event feel like a real spit in the face to people who've supported you for years but are also supporting the people who need help at the minute by working 68 hour weeks!

14 minutes ago, E.I.G. said:

I really, really hope not, because I still have a job to go to.
So if it is set for that level of availability to play then I'm not going to get anything like what is expected.

The problem Is not that you CAN play it a limited amount, the problem is that you get a timer that forces you to wait and you shoot yourself in the foot if you go to play another gamemode for 10 minutes while you wait for a mobile-gamesque timer to tick down. If you only have a few hrs in the evening you can't play enough to catch up to the people who can play all day. As it is it is just bad for everyone.

Someone in my clan observed that the metagame ("how does this event work? what am i supposed to do if i want to actually get credit? nope, not that, try something else!") of Scarlet Spear is significantly deeper and more complex than the primary gameplay loop, which is... problematic.

There's a lot of really good stuff going on - at least on the ground side, players are being encouraged to take a look at their gun builds, for once - but coming back from a long, challenging mission to find out that it didn't count, or getting a good group only to have the rug pulled out from under you due to artificial timegates that are neither beneficial nor even well presented, really pushes the good stuff out of view.

And that's even without the whole "you want to play with your friends? No, that's just not going to happen today, Tenno" issues.

On the plus side, I know DE is working on most of this, and have a very good track record of pivoting on the move when mechanics and design elements fail. I'm hopeful that this will be worth playing in a few days.

I'll do the bullet-point version.

1 - Stuff is too expensive. Feels you could give 10x as much points per task and it would still be rather tedious.

2 -The crashing and very frequent WTBs (like the earth scan target not taking damage or the squad link thingies never finishing to scan) really kills any feeling of progression and create much anger.

3 - The whole timed event on a cycle with confusing rules really sucks, especially during an outbreak where people are stuck at home. Can we just play the stupid event when we want already, and not have to worry about getting stuff done before an arbitrary timer. It should not be about players competing with each other to clear murexes.

4 - Squad Link feels like a fake gimmick. There's not really any feeling of cooperation between teams, and it feels more like you not having figured out how to make it work and shipping it in a way that's overly complex and serves only as potential frustrations (like not getting codes sent). It adds nothing and only makes the defense stuff seem longer when you have no one contributing codes.

5 - Don't really understand why this isn't a clan event... It would be much more logical imho that each clan would have it's own even relay space where you see the amount of murex and points acquired and can help your clannmates and are priority matchmade with clanmates. None of that cycle stuff, none of that annoying counter with 100 murex, just a clan working together for a whole month to try and accomplish multiple successive murex milestones and maybe get a couple cool dojo trophies in the process.

6 - Why no matchmaking for RJ. Should have had the choice between hosting and joining RJ games , like with the rest of RJ content.

7 - Feel like both events lack a climax... Like a boss fight or a mini victory.. As such they feel stale really fast. Maybe add a few tanky "boss" sentients with a couple dialogue lines and it would feel more interesting to stay for long in these missions.Cause right now it feels like killing waves of sentients and protecting extractors that don't heal in between rounds is the "main activity" and the rest is just flavor text (shoot big eye or place a satellite in a spot). Having a "boss" or small memorable encounter at the end of all the waves would really help make people stay till the end too, instead of extracting.

8 - Event kinda lacks depth. It's a very complex and intimidating setup for extremely simple missions, and pretty much all of that over-design could have been stripped to offer a more streamlined and fun integration of "Just doing the thing and getting points".

9 - Protecting destructible targets kinda sucks in any event like this, as it both restricts the amounts of frames you can use, plus it makes some meta loadouts way more optimal, as many frames simply bring nothing to the table to protect the destructibles, and losing them usually means mission failure. At least make them heal between rounds so you can do them solo without a CC / snow globe / limbo.

The 100 murex counter is counterproductive. People will avoid high murex count flotillas, because they want time to get their 5000 score, so the completion becomes questionable after a higher value. People who have already done the 5000 score would work for no value if they wanted to finish the remaining murex count.

FghJ3cW.png

Also need clarification about the score rewards:
- How do we know in which flotilla did we get our score? For example I left the flotilla and now I have no idea where did I do my score.
- Do we get multiple emblem rewards if we do 5000 score in multiple flotillas?
- Exactly when do we get the emblem reward? I didn't get my 10k bonus for making 5000 score in a flotilla that reached 100/100.

Played the space side for 3 hours in a squad with my clan.  The first one bugged out and couldn't progress.  Had to abandon just before completion as it was stuck.   Second time we successfully finished all 5 and went back to the spear relay.  I received no rewards.  Nothing, even though my squad mates did.  Played it again.  After another half hour my link died (in the alien ship) and it wouldn't let anyone else put one down, so we had to abandon again.  We all had them in our gears.

In total attempting to play over 3 hours, I got no rewards at all and left feeling angry and like I had wasted my time. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Completing a Murex attack Wave (100/100)  for a Flotilla will result in bonus Scarlet Credits if you committed to your Flotilla to earn Rank I, II, or III

How do we reach Rank I, II or III? What are the exact conditions to getting payout of each tier? Is it a competition in that Flotilla instance for first 3 top scores? Is there just a score threshold for each payout? Do we get more than 1 payout per Flotille if we get ranked in both ground and space missions? Do we need to rank in both ground and space missions to get better payout?

I'm asking because my squad has accumulated 4500-ish score, got placed second among ground mission groups and we got 2k credit payout. Is that amount intended in that case, or not? I figured we should've gotten 6k.

1 hour ago, wtrmlnjuc said:

Re: scoring

This really needs to be communicated better within the game. A few lines of dialogue, text, and UI would’ve helped with this; more audio-visual aid. Nobody knows that the rewards scale with time, and you cannot expect the majority of your players to read a lengthy forum post. 

Re: hard cap

Just do a soft cap and warn players about it. Hard caps are never fun to hit. 

Hard cap on what? Don't tell me scarlet credits can go waste because of capping.

I just finished 17 Condrix in a single session and only received approx. 2200 points.  By the chart posted it should be 53×90=4770.  Why the discrepancy in the two values?

Also, are we expected to sit and wait in a flotilla to receive the bonus score?  That seems silly.

Ok I'll share something that happened to me for the first time I've started to play this game. I did a condrix run with few people. After 3-4 waves, people started asking me what my build is. Apparently 60-70% of the total damage was done by me. (This isn't new to me, I'm a long time vectis prime user with a lot of headshots, holding 70-80% percent of damage of the team is certainly not a new thing for me, because I usually over-damage due to high crits and headshot multipliers) My kill count was roughly same or less than they did, but they kept asking for my build. 

At that time, I did not understand why this suddenly become an important thing, but now after reading this topic I'm beginning to suspect people are looking for anything that can get them ahead of other people during this scarlet race. I'm already seeing recruit ads going "H ground team Gara / Wisp / Nova". This type of elitism and meta seeking is exactly why I hate Eidolon runs. I hope it doesn't become the standard of Operation Scarlet Spear.

Murix being finished early = longer wait time is bad design. It punishes us for doing better. 

Why are the costs for things in the thousands or tens of thousands. Things could have been in the hundreds at the most and then tweak our reward structure so it is still not as slow.  But now instead of looking at a 61,000 grind we could be looking at like a 610 grind and that seems so much less painful (still not great if the mode isn't fun, or not clear on the rewarding).  Like you have the thing that will make people play this mode, arcanes.  No reason the exclusive items needs to be so expensive, or should be rewards for doing the event with out needing points like Thermia Fractures.

Do you have a Q.A. department at all?

If you do, are you sure they're actually doing their jobs?

Do your devs test anything before releasing it themselves?

When your design team is thinking these things up do they ever actually take the time to review the concept?

How could you not forsee this?

Wasn't this game already in the process of recovering from the last two disastrous launches?

Why do you never learn?

Archived