Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: Launch Hour Feedback Top Items

[DE]Rebecca

vor 13 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Tradesman2:

PLEASE don't put out a console build until its fully fixed and stable.  Based on what I have read here and watched from Warframe partners on Twitch this event is poorly designed and very broken. I even saw a partner quit playing it last night, advising people to not even attempt the content til Friday at least (hoping it will be fixed to a worth playing state by then). I would love to play a working, stable fun content update, but from what I see PC version isn't even close, so please don't rush out broken console versions too.

Consoles wanted to be Beta-Tester with earlier releases as well. Welcome onboard 😜

Played with a friend for a few hours last night. Did both Condrix and Murex, and these are my thoughts.

Matchmaking did not work. At. All. We jumped into the Condrix run and it was just the two of us for several consecutive runs. The game never matched in more players, and never matched us into an existing run. When we tried the Murex raid, it launched us into a new instance and never brought more people in. On the bright side we learned we could do this stuff as just a duo, which is kind of neat, but it sure would have been nicer with a full stack. Having to jump between flying my boat and patching it up/dealing with boarders because my partner was on the Murex was.... mildly stressful. Can't stop the people shooting at my boat when I'm dealing with boarders, and can't stop the boarders when I'm shooting at the enemy ships.

Credit rewards seem to be way, way under what they should be. Either the store item costs need to come down by a factor of 10, or the credit rewards need to go up by a factor of 15. I'm not saying people should be able to get everything in a few days, but after a few hours of play I have less than 1000 credits. I need.... what? 30k for the Basmu? 25k for the Ceti Lacera?.... credit drops vs quantity required is wildly out of balance. I see you've said that the credit costs were balanced around doing a full run at max potential. This was a mistake: you should balance your credit costs around what an average player can be expected to earn in an average run. By balancing it around 'best performance' you're making it hard for average players to get more than just a few things, and you're making it all but impossible for the sub-average players to get anything at all. Disincentivizing a chunk of your player base is never smart, DE. You know better.

Why are the credit costs of store items structured the way they are?
Why are the consoles, which are nothing more than orbiter decorations, 5000 credits? They're useless decor that should not cost more than 1000 given the abysmal credit acquisition rate and the cost of other items. The various clan sigils should only be 500 each.

Furthermore, the argument for not having all the arcanes in the shop at-launch because you want to prevent exploits is just complete nonsense. You say you dont want people buying up hundreds of high-value arcanes if they manage to find an exploit, so you want to wait until the exploits can be found, and removed, before introducing them. That would make sense if the arcanes were a direct reward of the exploit, but they're not. The potential exploit would simply mean lots of scarlet credits, and since players know you're going to put high-value arcanes in eventually, they'll just sit on their exploit-earned ScarCreds until the things they want are in the store. You've prevented nothing: only delayed it.

You need to put in better instructions and explanations for things. (arguably this is true for the entire game, not just this event, but I digress). The ground op was pretty clear, so you got that one pretty much right. The Murex Raid, however... you guys failed to inform the pilot that when tractoring the satellite our main gun doesn't work. That's something people need to know up front, because I burned a dozen munitions taking out ships until we got to the drop point and it gave me my gun back. I thought the game was bugged because this sudden change from normal Railjack was not explained. Ideally, you should have Cy explain that carrying the satellite disables your gun. Failing that, have a little text pop up come on-screen when the pilot jumps on-station to explain it.

On the bright side we didn't bug out at any time. It was actually relatively stable for us, though that might also have been because we were both in my house, on my internet.

Overall this event has potential, but it seems we're maybe only 75-80% there. Still needs polish and balance.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Hiero_Glyph said:

It's not beta testing if we go 6 weeks without a single hotfix or patch like we did with Empyrean. It's just playing a buggy, broken mess.

Exactly, that's why it needs time to launch in a fixed, enjoyable state because the fixes/patches come so much slower to consoles than to PC.  Intrinsic buffs, avionics, so much was shipped broken in December and just left that way til mid March.  Not looking forward to a repeat.  This event seems to be another one-off ( running 4 weeks only)  I would hope most of the time its playable, not just the last week or so.

vor 9 Minuten schrieb (PS4)Hiero_Glyph:

It's not beta testing if we go 6 weeks without a single hotfix or patch like we did with Empyrean. It's just playing a buggy, broken mess.

Dont worry I fully understand you. Its just dishearting what they become with the past updates gameplaywise. Just fancy and shiny things instead of a satisfying core gameplay (at least for me). Looks more like "Get as much money as we can get out of it before it burns down" for me now.

Hello, dunno it's me or servers, but it was lagging for like a hour, like really.

I waited for codes like for 10 min and more.
My score do not count, like I have finished 2 mission on Earth with 500 points, and they don't count at all, so yet again I will have bonus only for 1k earned points.

In 1 mission after 8 scanned "bosses" game don't count other 5 down...

I wish smth will be done after that xD

19 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

For Full Operation Details see here: 

2) Matchmaking
Players right now have the option to pre-form Squads (i.e through normal means or /Join on people in your Flotilla), but there are optimizations to be made in the flow of matchmaking that are being discussed specifically for Railjack. 

Nope. I have tried over 20 times now to join any space squad and it just makes me host a squad instead. Unlike the rest of the game there does not seem to be a way to join an open match or lobby at all without an actual invite! I can see the space squads over the center console though, so unless UI is broken too the squads exist.

If there is an option in game it's like really, really fundamentally broken.

It's not just a matter of optimizations, it effectively doesn't work.

Waiting for kill codes is a pain too. So are Little Duck trade costs

Please fix

Operation: The Scarlet Codes

- Your ground squads already transmitted the Kill Codes? Please wait 10-15 minutes or never to let the space squad receive!

- Blaming other squads because they're not transmitting/receiving any Kill Codes!

-  Oh you're gone already? Here's the code that you've transmitted 10-15 minutes ago!

- You can even give OpLink reinforcement to yourself while receiving Kill Codes from yourself!

I swear this event is a really massive waste of time. Low Scarlet creds rewards, messed up Kill Codes system and slow Flotila load. 

Why don't you guys just delay the event? Please don't give the Work-From-Home excuses. Just delay it, please, next time, polish new events and release it later. No need to rush and it end up like this. 

The major idea behind this event is amazing, but the performance is just ridiculous:

1. Matchmaking doesn't seem to work properly: You either need to join into the mission at the very start with a group full of friends or clanmates, or try to find someone within your instance. Starting a mission, Railjack or Ground, will result in you running through that mission mostly Solo.

2. I don't know exactly how the Squad-Link System works, but let me say this: It is NO FUN receiving around 3 Kill-Codes on the Railjack mission after 30 MINUTES. I get that you want Ground teams as well as Railjack teams, but the matchmaking is just awful. You see so many Kill-Codes being transmitted from the Ground Teams, being dependent from only one Squad at a time, which probably suffers from the same problems mentioned in 1. ,simply destroys the whole motivation in taking part in this event.

3. A reason for the problem mentioned in 2. might also be the consumed time in each type of mission: The Ground Mission can be played until the 17th Condrix (whose Level is 188, not to mention the time it takes to get there) with a reward of 2295 Credits; The Railjack Mission consists of 5 Murex, with a reward of 1800 credits. Although the Ground mission reward is higher, it takes AGES to fully complete it. No wonder many players tend to do Railjack Missions, only to be stuck in an endless loop since there aren't enough Kill-Codes being transmitted

4. What is the reason behind the 100 Murex Cap? Seriously, I get the idea of preventing exploits, but by limiting the gamplay in an ALREADY TIME-LIMITED EVENT just doesn't make any sense at all. You can go on with the 100 Murex completion Bonus, but the players should still be able to fight them off.

Conclusion: Please work on the mentioned errors, looking at the majority of players, they'll agree on those points.

16 minutes ago, imbressive said:

Please display our personal score progress on each instance.

Reveal hidden contents

I mean It should definitely be a thing but there are more pervasive issues.

Because the only way you are going to be able to get a top score (which is apparently expected) is if you start a flotilla when the wave starts and then do not stop playing until the wave resets. Because if you stop, move flotillas (or even change modes) you have essentially forfeited the potential for you to "win".

Now if you are able to get back to that flotilla then you're golden BUT if the flotilla is fills up you are just SOL and if you aren't able to get back before someone else is able to carve out a decent lead you are again SOL. So even if you know what Flotilla you where on it only helps you if you can very quickly make your way back to that flotilla. Again assuming it didn't fill up. 

Once that initial window at the start of the wave has closed, it doesn't matter what Flotilla you go to because you have no hope of getting a top score for the necessary bonus points. 

Seriously, I love this game, but this operation just frustrated me. I’ve got problems on matchmaking and mission result screen keeps loading, not getting single code in like a million years. Guys, I just returned from afk and I hate to say it: right now it just not worth me for coming back . 

So far very annoyed by Scarlet Spear... mostly because of INSTANCING and TIMERS and MATCHMAKER. You limit the amount of people that can interact with one another, there's a bug where you can't invite people FROM THE RELAY to your squad because FLOTILLA IS FULL even though I am looking at the sad sod I am inviting, there's a LIMITED NUMBER OF MURAX every wave meaning something like 90 minutes of downtime... NO ONE joins onto your RAILJACK and you end up SOLO running 4 MURAX by yourself and ending up with only 2k bonus...

DE... this is just a huge mess... and most of this stems from two things. FLOTILLA CAP and 100 MURAX per wave. They slow down gameplay and limit the matchmaking capabilities, resulting in unsatisfying and mostly annoying experience of rushing to not miss out, fighting everything alone, fighting bugs and getting unsatisfying rewards for your effort.

the whole execution of this event is #*!%ing S#&$. like, actual, crap. something as simple as farming creds, or score ( whatever reason these two are separate ) is #*!%ing overly complicated. the WHOLE score/cred system is unnecessarily complex, for the sake of complexity, hurting the gameplay. i'm getting the event exclusives, and i'm done. no god damn arcane ever is worth doing something so overly complicated that hitting your head against the wall would feel better. i got DOOM to play, i got SMASH ultimate and Mario odyssey to play, i got Ori 2 to play, i got games to play that the devs actually cared about doing something that FEELS nice to play, not only LOOK nice. get your crap together DE, you're going further down the rabbit hole of mediocrity, these days. and it cruelly shows, these days. the arcanes are not worth the grind. pretty much none of this would justify such an idiotic implementation. i've got better games to play after that. farming prime parts and selling them to get arcane is a thousands time better. i've got games to play that were CAREFULLY playtested, and actually thought to be balanced, and fun. and not overly complex for no other reason than being complex and making player's life hard. you need to design the game as a PLAYER, not a high power entity. otherwise, you will never create good stuff.

In short, this event is a whole lotta nothing with a lot of fluff to make it look big. the idea was good, the implementation makes me wanna smash my head. the whole quality of the event is pretty sad, even, considering that we were used to much better. but that was before.

I went on a mission three times and waited for codes for 15 minutes. I did not receive the codes and canceled the mission without receiving anything. maybe DE themselves will play the Scarlet Spear and I will do something useful.

I've been having almost no problems with this event. 

scoring is pretty well balanced.  ( you need to work up to rank 3 to get the big credit payout)  when the timer reaches zero (like any invasion type quest) you get an extra reward.  the inbox message states you got 2000 credits but looking at the score on the navigation panel i get the correct points there. 

matchmaking is horrendous though. both in space and ground teams.   

rewards are a bit lack luster to be honest. would have liked more forma options (even just the normal forma)  since I was personally unable to play during plague star.

keep the credit prices and credit rewards as they are. (i mean unless some folk are legit getting the wrong amounts then sure fix it.  but i've been getting consistantly correct amounts i think. 

if the instance fails,  due to not completing 100 murex in time the reward is lower.  at the end of the invasion. 

try to count how many murex / ground missions you need to get to rank 3.  see if the instance is big (full) enough to handle the rest of the mission and go do something else until the timer resets. if the teams avalable are not alot then continue the event til the timer finishes.  if you beat all the murex before the timer, and you're rank 3  you get 10k points in your inbox. 

so its not hard to collect points you just need to know how to do it.  

getting a team together to run these quests is harder than the event. 

AND PLEASE EVERYONE ONE RAILJACK.  STOP REFINING THE ENGINEERING!  PLEASE! i want ot have supplies to last the quest....  if some gobS#&$e refines in the railjack at te first 2 minutes of the quest then the quest fails cause there is no revolite to fix the ship  the fault is on the dumbS#&$ that used refining. 

thanks  

Archived