Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: Launch Hour Feedback Top Items

[DE]Rebecca

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Oreades:

I mean It should definitely be a thing but there are more pervasive issues.

Because the only way you are going to be able to get a top score (which is apparently expected) is if you start a flotilla when the wave starts and then do not stop playing until the wave resets. Because if you stop, move flotillas (or even change modes) you have essentially forfeited the potential for you to "win".

Now if you are able to get back to that flotilla then you're golden BUT if the flotilla is fills up you are just SOL and if you aren't able to get back before someone else is able to carve out a decent lead you are again SOL. So even if you know what Flotilla you where on it only helps you if you can very quickly make your way back to that flotilla. Again assuming it didn't fill up. 

Once that initial window at the start of the wave has closed, it doesn't matter what Flotilla you go to because you have no hope of getting a top score for the necessary bonus points. 

i trough u only need to reach the 1k/3k/5k milestones for the bonus( either on ground or space mission), not "top" score. the 1st time i got my bonus, i only played a full murex mission ( 5), was no where near top score and still got the bonus ( 1k points bonus, mail said 10000 credits for some reason...)

and while we are listing problems with flotilla instances, mine just died mid progress. i was on a new one ( chose 75, for someone reason turned into 111). we had 3175 score on space, at some point we stopped receiving codes, we aborted and tried multiple times and didn't get any codes.  display said 2 space missions and 9 ground, squad link chat was constantly uploading codes. progress was 48/100 and 30min left.

after we decided to call it a day, i left and returned to the same instance, there was no murex attacking, scores wiped, no one in the instance.

i mean wtf is even going on?

this event feels like a huge waste of time right now.

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

4) World-State Score Clarity vs. Mission
There is a clarity issue where viewing the score in your Orbiter lags behind your active score in the Murex. The Orbiter Score gets updated after Murexes are complete to consider bonuses. The Flotilla is real time for the active Murex Waves. This is causing some confusion, but we will be making this more real-time soon. 

Yeah, this is kind of really important when you're trying to arrange a COOPERATIVE EVENT. I try to be positive, really, I do. But come on, when I see a flotilla at 12/100 but upon joining it's "no murex detected", that's not a bit of lag, that's an hour's worth of lag at least for crying out loud. I expect the event to be extended by however long you will need to fix THE BASIC BUGS OF THIS. I'm not asking for a bug-free experience (warframe, bugframe, we know and love it despite that), but I can't spend TWO HOURS trying to find a space squad and have NOTHING to show for it. It's insulting.

My first 2h spent in railjack part was waiting for codes... 1st round we got 9/9 in around 30min and after that 1h and 30min with only 4 codes... We had to abort because it didn't move even by 1 for 40min  loosing all progress since you cant just extract. Please fix whatever 💩 is messed up (seems like the link itself and that's probably DE servers). There were 6-10 ground crews constantly active but we (space crews) didn't get any codes.
Tactical potato was in one of the crews but dunno how messed up his experience was

7 minutes ago, imbressive said:

i trough u only need to reach the 1k/3k/5k milestones for the bonus( either on ground or space mission), not "top" score. the 1st time i got my bonus, i only played a full murex mission ( 5), was no where near top score and still got the bonus ( 1k points bonus, mail said 10000 credits for some reason...)

and while we are listing problems with flotilla instances, mine just died mid progress. i was on a new one ( chose 75, for someone reason turned into 111). we had 3175 score on space, at some point we stopped receiving codes, we aborted and tried multiple times and didn't get any codes.  display said 2 space missions and 9 ground, squad link chat was constantly uploading codes. progress was 48/100 and 30min left.

after we decided to call it a day, i left and returned to the same instance, there was no murex attacking, scores wiped, no one in the instance.

i mean wtf is even going on?

this event feels like a huge waste of time right now.

I think the 1k 3k and 5k also require your flotilla to clear the 100/100 whatever they're calleds. 

yes. you need to reach those milestones and your instance needs to reach 100/100 before time expires. still you don't necessarily need a high score/top score. anyway, the points you brought up were very good and i agree with a lot of them.

right now i am really frustrated with this event.

My suggestions for the next hotfix are simple.

1. Bring the rewards for ground missions into sync with the Railjack missions or you won't have any ground teams to send codes.
2. Lower the cost of everything back to what you showed on stream.
3. Raise the health of Oplinks or let them heal between waves.
4. Some Railjack teams are reporting how easy it is to play missions while pretty much AFK with Limbo. Fix that or again, you won't have ground teams to send codes.

I'd suggest changing what sending support does. Something like a temporary squad-wide buff for the team similar to what the conduits from disruption do would definitely make the operation missions slightly more dynamic and make the players receiving aid notice the difference because right now I don't even know what it does except maybe heal the op-links.

The event completion payout is thematically on point but a miserable player experience. If a substantial portion of my rewards are tied to a time gate, I am penalized hard for my schedule not aligning perfectly with that of the game, just as though I'd logged on right after night. The ability to just log on and get my space ninja on whenever works for me, and for however long works for me, is a big part of Warframe's draw for me.

DE! Get your S#&$ together! Why there is no matchmaking fo these missions? Are you crazy? My railjack equipment is S#&$, I can't do the murex mission alone, but I can't find any teams either, the chat is constantly being spammed, the game bugs out and doesn't let me invite people and when I go to kill murexes the game just throws me solo with no prospect of sitting around for another player to join. WTF is this game desing? Do you want people to get mad at this operation?

20 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The hottest item on the list, we are getting data and stats together to audit the Scoring. Reward turn-in was based on approximations of playing a full best-performing run per day to get the event exclusives (+ bonus payouts) but we will absolutely be responding and and working on this! The store is not complete as we anticipated the need to balance this entirely - Stay Calm and OpLink on. 

My main issue with the scoring system is that 2/3 of your total earnings are supposed to come from the bonus of reaching rank 3 in a single flotilla (5k from doing the runs then another 10k as a bonus). Once you get those 15k+ it feels good and rewarding. But the problem is that the system is a bit janky in how it works. It's too reliant on people no-life'ing the game to be around just in the time for the beginning of a wave so they can farm the 5k points they need in that time period while staying in the same flotilla and not leaving. What actually happens is: you log into the game and the wave is near the end so you decide not to play because you won't get the bonus and it feels like a waste of time. Or you get a squad in recruit chat which is sometimes a time consuming process, but they disband after the first run, and then you have to do it all over again wasting precious wave time. Or everything goes fine, but all of a sudden the 100 murex limit is reached on that flotilla instance and you get booted out mid-mission (that one is BY FAR the worst, such an awful mechanic that is completely outside your hands). 

Also for me it's fine because I always loved endurance runs and I have no issue whatsoever staying for 30 min and fighting lvl 200 condrix to get what feels like decent rewards at 2.3k. But I imagine more casual players, those who don't have adequate builds or knowledge or those who don't have a lot of time and can only hop in for quick 10 min runs now and again must be pretty upset. Getting 90 point reward for the minimal run is just... jesus, that must feel like a massive waste of time for them. 

The 100/100 bonus should be sent via inbox. I missed two #1's yesterday because I had the gall to leave the relay after participating for 3 hours straight each when we finished the rotation.

Also there should be scaling bonuses because missing the mark by three ships to get nothing is a crotch-shot to everyone on the relay. Speaking of everyone on the relay, the Top 3 bonus should be a little more spread out, not saying pay leeches but the credit gain is so weak that hitting 100/100 should give everyone a little something extra.

What's about this all matter with Limbo? He can afk the mobile defence parts of both missions.

Will you count it as exploit? Because it technically isn't, with making things invulnerable being his main mechanic. Still I'm kind of scared.

Maybe you fix him or at least clarify the situation?

So, not having read all the posts but going to throw in my thoughts on the time gating / kill limits.

Make it either a simple bonuses awarded at 100 murex killed or, better yet, base it on a simple clock.  If you've banked x points within a time window, you get a bonus.  The time window immediately resets, giving anyone currently active and just joining in a chance to build up points for the next bonus.

Have a warning like red text to the flotilla players that the time limit is approaching at 15, 10, 5, then every minute after before the time resets.

If it works better allow the current missions active for the time window to be completed and count towards that window even if they run over.

13 minutes ago, souldead341 said:

Make it either a simple bonuses awarded at 100 murex killed or, better yet, base it on a simple clock.  If you've banked x points within a time window, you get a bonus.  The time window immediately resets, giving anyone currently active and just joining in a chance to build up points for the next bonus.

I like this. That said, why not just use the same system as invasions? Maybe a slight modification to make it reflect the multiple tiers of completion?

I just... don't really understand what's going on, moment to moment. I mean I've figured out how to mechanically perform the actions I need to perform in order to do the event. (My first time doing a Murex, I stayed on my railjack because I foolishly believed that a railjack mission would require some level of railjack flying beyond simply going from point A to point B. Silly me...) But I have no idea why I'm doing them.

Like, the Condrix. What prompts it shutting? Is it a damage threshold? I figured out from Warframe muscle memory that opening it requires killing the marked targets, but as far as I'm aware there wasn't really anybody telling us that? In the Murex, is there a scan completion tracker? I've only done one Murex raid, so maybe I missed it, but I didn't see it on my hud anywhere.

The oplink itself is... I dunno, I don't feel particularly connected. No idea who the killcodes are coming from when I'm on the Murex, no idea who I'm sending them to when I'm on the Condrix. The way squadlink was described, I was worried it would require too much orchestration, with Squad A failing because their teammates in Squad B didn't know what to do. The actual issue turned out to be the opposite—there is no Squad A or Squad B, there's just guys stockpiling killcodes and other guys using up the stockpile. Which avoids the first problem, I guess, but still.

Also, does anything bad happen if we don't drive off enough Murexes (Murexii... Murexopodes...)? Like there's fifty different flotillas, does it matter which one we join? Doesn't seem to, so... what's the point, aside from being unable to form a Murex squad if you're actually present on one of them which seems like a really big problem and is certainly very frustrating? 

I dunno, most Warframe events, there's a strong sense of what's going on and why what you're doing matters. With this event, it's clear that what you're doing matters, in the big-picture sense, but it's not clear why the individual actions you take actually progress you towards that goal.

On Pc here
I was just on a roll in a relay doing the ground mission, kept my high score and we was almost at 100 Murex, the random host for the ground levels decided to leave, left not too long after. Got back to the relay, not the one I was fighting for, some other relay, seeing all my progress for the relay GONE... We were so close to reach 100, was even on a leaderboard for once! Investing basically all my credit to help... now gone, all GONE!!! :c 

This game mode needs to keep your progress at least with these buggy relays that don't allow you inn again suddenly! 

Console will have MOST of these issues resolved? MOST!? How about address all the bugs and shop prices before rushing a build for cert? The event's first impression has already been ruined for pc tenno, so why ruin it for the rest of the player base? Is it like the hema where it would be somehow "unfair" for some players to have a better experience because some other players had suffered? 

Good Things:

Once the patch dropped that added proper matchmaking, I had a hell of a lot of fun in-mission.

There's still some confusion...and the grind wall is still a bit high in some cases...but when it works, it is beautiful.

Thanks for the work, [DE]. Very much appreciated.

Now about that UI...

On 2020-03-25 at 5:35 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

If you crash, always provide a WAR-##### Crash report when able. We have fixed the most rampant crashes from today but are continuing with remaining offenders. 

We'll be able to do that only when the crash reporter doesn't crash as well.
In the past 600 days, I've tried reporting 4 times.
it's crashed every single time. (not just on one pc, but also on a new laptop machine as well).

Not enjoying the bugginess of the space missions. UI fails about 50% of the time to register anything beyond it's original "Tow Satellite" so when it explodes there is no warning it's at low health. A number of missions have failed to give me any scarlet credits at all, the last one I did a full 5 Murex drive-away. I like the missions themselves, but the time-gate/lack of rewards/ kill codes not being sent is making it significantly less fun.

@[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Steve @[DE]Megan

1. Remove flotilla instance restriction for bonus (u're literally locking us from the entire game) & let it be server wide. As long as we are in one of the instances participating, game should track our progress.

1.1 Therefore the 100 murex objective should be made account wise instead of flotilla instance, session timer runs out progress gets a reset.

1.2 We also get keep our head badges when we visit a different instance.

2. Bonus delivered upon successfully participating on 100/100 murex w.o waiting within a given invasion session. (Ground teams' progress will be tracked based on sent kill codes)

2.2 Let game record completion data to deliver bonus when murex invasion timer runs out but please let us get out of the flotilla & do something else but not lose our rewards (aka value of time).

3. Let the 2 big condrix hands/tendrils attack us randomly when we encounter one untill its downed.

4. Make the condrix deploy ability disabling drones during the ground mission & also make them available when we receive codes inside murex.

5. Another option is to have random elemental hazards while we defend our op-links (fortuna event concept/void has elemental hazards/sentients are void beings thus makes sense why in earth missions).

6. Remove the cap from both mission types, balance out insane enemy scaling along with adding some objective variations after crossing certain limits (Condrix – 10/15/25/30… & Murex – 3/5/7/9…) ensuring better scaling rewards.

6.1 For sample additional objective variations

Ground

a.       Assuming you make the condrix tendrils to attack us, on the 10th one along with all existing requirements at one point we will have to damage & take those 2 tendrils down in order to make progress.

b.       Say on the 15th one condrix will deploy special drones (hazard ones & ability disabling ones) we must kill all drones to continue

Murex

a.       Destroy 2 grineer crewships

b.       Destroy Special Drones (They will halt the op-link progress, must destroy all)

c.       Destroy a Shielded Sentient Disruptor ship (Halt kill code receiving progress, destroy to continue)

Additional Objective Rewards

a.       Bundle of scarlet credits (100/150/200… Scale as we keep doing more)

b.       Unvaulted relics (Current Nekros & Oberon Prime)

c.       Radiant Axi relics

Archived