Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: Launch Hour Feedback Top Items

[DE]Rebecca

I think its pretty clear that ground team rewards need a little pick me up or need to scale up a little faster. 

I have been thinking a lot about the balance of instances. I think it would be really really helpful to have  UI indicator in the main floatilla and even in mission to indicate the health of the supply chain at a glance. I dont know how warframe is allocating kill codes   , if it is all kill codes put in a bin and distributed, then a single bar showing the health of supply vs demand for codes would allow an indication of what side of the equation needs more players. It is not necessarily as simple as 3 space teams and 6 ground teams = add more space teams. if ground teams are under performing or  half full squads you may need more ground teams.  Seeing how many codes are being asked for vs how many are being supplied or some variant of that ( a murex team is waiting on 9 codes and only 2 codes per minute are coming in etc.  But if one squad is being paired with another , then a list of squad pairs , and A UI element/ leaderboard  which Indicates health of code flow and number of players in each squad for each pair of linked squads. That way you can see if a space squad of 4 is linked to a ground squad of one person who cant supply codes fast enough and click to specifically join that squad. 

The make or break of a floatilla instance success is maintaining the health/balance of that flow of codes and while 1000 lines of yellow text are presented that represent dots of ink in that picture it would be really helpful to have the whole picture from an operation management perspective. 

Hi Digital Extreme and Rebeca!

It's a bit too much that all the updates are in a hurry, as you have done now. The whole game is full of bugs. For example, the current event is full of ...... I don't want to play to see hurried content that is full of bugs that will make me feel unwell .... The current situation is like that. No matter what you put in the Scarlet Spear event, it's a pure buggery. Where to start .... Yeah yeah, there are teams on Earth we don't get the codes ..... Squad can't go down to the Scarlet Spear relay because it won't show any murex activity in vain. The other is that we don't see each other in the trade, which is quite gas especially when it comes to lots of platinum. If I take the Murexes mission I have to stop after 4 rounds as sentient ships kill the oplink satellite in one shot .... which is very gas !!! In spite of the event, you cannot see from the orbiter itself what the situation is and you always have to look for space and where your kill code system will work. But the worst part is that you can't create an 8-man squad ... It would be much better because 4 people could be sent to Earth and 4 would do the job with railjack. But unfortunately it's not like that .....

Something else, the shedu is nothing against the sentient. We received it in vain from the Erra quest, but it is no more effective than Paracesis. However, it would be easy to put on the "I Wonder More Against Sentence" label, which would be better. And if you could add 25% to the status chanse, I'd be much better off. So far I have very little experience with either railjack updat or event, all in a hurry. I understand you're trying to upgrade, but if you hurry up, veteran players will become more and more tired of making another mistake and quit the game simply because of it. I think the point is that everything working should be able to start from the beginning and I would personally be able to wait for it because it would be a much better gaming experience.

At last word, the game is heading in the right direction with this sentient and space battle line, but it would be a little better not to be in a hurry with the content. Thank you for your work!

After quite some hours into it now i've come to the following conslusion:

Remove the 100/100 limit per flotilla. Instead make it global. A system like invasions or ghouls can work but there's another possibility. Make the bonus scale indefinitely depending on the amount of kill codes sent and murex defeated. Not only does this remove the insanely annoying full flotilla's, everyone will also be working towards the same goal instead of annoying eachother and putting time stress on everyone.

The scaling of the condrix' health can also improve a little more. Depending on your squad it's possible you'll never be able to kill nr 17.

Last but not least. Prices. As it is now everything is just too damn expensive. Remember you've been teasing this for a while and saying we would have the possibility to get arcanes. Right now only the top players will be able to get everything they've set their minds on. With a decent squad I can make it to condrix 17 with ease (haven't been able to do the RJ part yet as it's always bugged when I enter). But not everyone is able to do that. Especially since you need to do 17 scans 2 times in a row + 1 more (smaller) mission to be sure to stay within the time limit and get the bonus.

EDIT: 30 minutes of trying to find a flotilla that has already some murex defeated as 1: we need to make sure we reach 100/100 and 2: enough ppl are in there to be sure to have it move forward

It's like you're not even joining the flotilla you select!!! I can't even be polite about it anymore. This whole thing just sucks.

The bonus dependent on the flotilla reaching 100/100 is TWICE AS MUCH as you get from actually playing. And your flotilla reaching 100/100 is totally out of any single squad’s control. If you join a flotilla when the timer resets, play for an hour in that flotilla and score several thousand points, but you are unlucky and the flotilla you chose doesn’t populate as time moves forward for whatever reason, you don’t get your reward because there is nothing you can do to make it reach 100/100. This means you can literally waste your time because of factors out of your control.

The 100/100 requirement for bonuses NEEDS TO GO AWAY. 

I spent 2 hours in a flotilla from the start of the timer. At the end of the two hours I saw that my server was only at 48/100 and NOBODY WAS JOINING IT. It showed 4 ground squads and 2 space squads and it was obvious I just chose the wrong flotilla when I started. I got my rank 3 badge alright, BUT NO CREDITS. This is absolutely disrespectful of my time.

People will not join a flotilla that doesn’t look like it will reach 100/100 for this very reason. So anyone who joins a flotilla early is TAKING A HUGE RISK on whether or not theirs picks up enough steam for players to be confident their time won’t be wasted. As time progresses, less and less players join these at risk flotillas compounding this effect meaning this will only get worse as players notice this for themselves. Right now I have no intention of joining a flotilla until we are at least an hour into the cycle and I can clearly see that it has potential to complete.

There are too many factors involved in whether you get this end payout that are out of your control to justify gating 2/3 of battle pay to this end payout. YOU NEED TO REMOVE THE 100/100 REQUIREMENT FOR THE BONUS AND RETROACTIVELY PAY EVERYONE THE BONUS FOR EACH FLOTILLA THEY HAVE BEEN IN.

20 hours ago, motorfirebox said:

I just... don't really understand what's going on, moment to moment. I mean I've figured out how to mechanically perform the actions I need to perform in order to do the event. (My first time doing a Murex, I stayed on my railjack because I foolishly believed that a railjack mission would require some level of railjack flying beyond simply going from point A to point B. Silly me...) But I have no idea why I'm doing them.

Like, the Condrix. What prompts it shutting? Is it a damage threshold? I figured out from Warframe muscle memory that opening it requires killing the marked targets, but as far as I'm aware there wasn't really anybody telling us that? In the Murex, is there a scan completion tracker? I've only done one Murex raid, so maybe I missed it, but I didn't see it on my hud anywhere.

The oplink itself is... I dunno, I don't feel particularly connected. No idea who the killcodes are coming from when I'm on the Murex, no idea who I'm sending them to when I'm on the Condrix. The way squadlink was described, I was worried it would require too much orchestration, with Squad A failing because their teammates in Squad B didn't know what to do. The actual issue turned out to be the opposite—there is no Squad A or Squad B, there's just guys stockpiling killcodes and other guys using up the stockpile. Which avoids the first problem, I guess, but still.

Also, does anything bad happen if we don't drive off enough Murexes (Murexii... Murexopodes...)? Like there's fifty different flotillas, does it matter which one we join? Doesn't seem to, so... what's the point, aside from being unable to form a Murex squad if you're actually present on one of them which seems like a really big problem and is certainly very frustrating? 

I dunno, most Warframe events, there's a strong sense of what's going on and why what you're doing matters. With this event, it's clear that what you're doing matters, in the big-picture sense, but it's not clear why the individual actions you take actually progress you towards that goal.

its a buggy content again with a excavation and a mobile defence and 5 months to create it, feel free to buy plat and the next prime access.

There should be a backup, where if you NEVER get a kill code sent to you in space, eventually the game just makes up and sends to you.  Sitting in spaces for 30-60 minutes waiting on t kill code, while watching another space and ground crew exchange codes got really old.  It does not have to be often, but there should be a no-code contingency plan.

Another event that don´t worth my time, as railjack never will.

Spending less and less time playing warfarme... at least now have more time to spend on other games, and look this: I DON´T NEED KEEP DOING SAME MISSIONS TRILLIONS OF TIMES IN A ROW TO GET UNWORTH REWARDS ... YAY  \o/

I leave the excessive grind, almost all parts of the game unfinisched and, of corse, thousands of bug´s for those who enjoy being massively disrespected by the developers.

I confess that two years ago when I started playing I even had fun for a few months, but the truth is that most of the time it was filled only with promises of something that when it arrived, it has only worsened what was no longer something that brought good level of entertainment at that time.

Too much hype, too little delivered.

It´s my personal overall viewpoint, respect it if you want to me respect yours.

Currently only Scarlet Spear Murex Raid can choose to be a host or Join, I want Ground Assault implement the same options.
AND, If can implement it, I usually want that option for normal missions as well.🙃
I want to feel free to play games without bothering others.🥰

Have you considered to implement the same system of monster hunter where one can post a quest and the other people look the type of the quest and how many players are in i now recruiting chat exists but is more tedious and you have to wait if someone in the chat look what you posted in the right time please changing the way we host missions after all this years can help the game a lot.

Should've left this one in the oven for another month or two. We all know you rushed this out to get in on the increase in game playing because of the covid lockdown and it's not working out for you. The buggynes of this thing is only surpassed by the railjack release, and the way it's set up makes it nearly unplayable for most. You guy's position of needing to work from home, and slowing down your workflow as a result, is causing delays of much needed fixes. It was horrible timing. It should've been delayed, instead being pushed out unfinished.

Practically no public matchmaking whatsoever by itself is a disaster. Confining matchmaking to individual relay instances limits the pool of players so much that, if the matchmaking actually existed at all, it would still be a ghost town. There's no way to join ongoing ground missions so that's just flat out invite only, and joining the railjack only barely works.

The difficulty of the ground mission far exceeds space, and is more time consuming, yet rewards less. While space is much better when it works, most of the time it doesn't because 90% of the ground squad's codes get thrown into the ether and never reach anyone who needs it. Most of the good teams are doing space, because it's the more rewarding half of the event, and ground ends up with the less experienced players in the harder mission that the space players rely on to actually work. On top of the aforementioned lack of matchmaking on ground this creates a huge issue where the space squads are often sitting in their mission several times longer than they should be waiting for codes, assuming they haven't encountered the bug where you just don't get codes at all.

The lack of reward for ether not hitting the 5000 point mark in one wave, or not clearing the wave at all, makes the wave mechanic as a whole really problematic, as other players clearing the wave too fast, or players not clearing the wave fast enough, both ruin your rewards and waste your time as a result which is extremely discouraging. Having your success determined by other players not even in your squad, and more often than not to your detriment, is not a great design.

The player limit makes these issues FAR worse. I've frequently seen upwards of 20 players just sitting in the lobby not doing anything, preventing any potentially active players from joining and actually helping clear the wave.

The satellite in space missions has pretty much no way to defend it at all in transport aside from having players box it in with Odonata shield and literally no one will do that. It's not cloaked with the void cloak ability, particle ram is unfortunately not also a shield, Amesha's defensive ability is stationary, the only thing that might help is that one railjack ability that sends out decoy flares but that's unreliable. When the satellite is destroyed it feels like it's entirely outside of the players' control, and it doesn't help that it's the most fragile defensive target in the game and dies in 2 or 3 shots from practically anything.

speaking of defense targets the oplink having persistent health and no regeneration, as well as also being incredibly fragile pretty much makes limbo a required frame. you guys keep saying you don't like the concept of required frames, yet you keep doing this.

I'd go as far as to say, aside from the missions themselves which I actually quite enjoy for once, the entire underlying systems of this event need to be changed, as well as some severe rebalancing, in order for it to be a remotely enjoyable experience.

I’ve been able to do about five or six waves since the event started.  Three of them relatively bug free.

Even if things work as intended, with kill codes generated fast enough (and received), there is still something that feels off about the reward structure.

My suggestions: 

1. Flip the balance of “base” reward and “bonus” credit reward. Currently the bulk of my event credits have come from choosing/lucking into a good flotilla, something mostly beyond my control, instead of time/effort/tactics in-mission.

2. Combine the ground and space scores for the purpose of calculating "Victory Payout". Why was this split? To penalize people who switch in an effort to balance out Kill Code generation in their flotilla?

3. Give us more information about how our flotilla is doing. The current “yellow text” situation requires a bunch of reading and scrolling just to find out things like “How many Murex are left?” What would probably help most (especially if you fix #2) is some sort of metric on the balance between codes needed and codes generated.

april fool i guess:

2 full murex runs with nice squads 

start of 3rd run gets canceled due to client host mismatch

can't find a another squad so i host myself - i stay alone and fight myself through 2 murex (as a rhino)

100 murex reached ok that should be enough for rank 3

back in flotilla i have 345 points ... not 5k

back in orbiter i get 690 credits.... not 10k

vor 7 Minuten schrieb fatDOX8-EGT-:

april fool i guess:

2 full murex runs with nice squads 

start of 3rd run gets canceled due to client host mismatch

can't find a another squad so i host myself - i stay alone and fight myself through 2 murex (as a rhino)

100 murex reached ok that should be enough for rank 3

back in flotilla i have 345 points ... not 5k

back in orbiter i get 690 credits.... not 10k

i can only suggest u to do what i do: wait until the event is more playable.

its sad that event time is gone due to that and i wish the prices on arcanes and generally of lil Ducks shop were improved because its just a silly grindfest on top of the bugs and even tho i dont dislike the missions after a while its just tedious.

since i read what exceptional mess the railjack part is i wont even do that as an alternative and jump back into ground missions once its better, especially the reward reliability.

nothing is more frustrating than a very grindy event and then to top it off we cant even trust that we get the rewards for which we grinded....

Archived