Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.2

[DE]Megan

This event is hot #*!%ing garbage and here's why that is.

1. A Severe Lack of Rewards
Why in god's name is the amount of credits you get per mission so disproportionate to how much is actually needed for everything a player would likely desire? Did you even want to include arcanes in this update? Because grinding for the weapons alone in a drawn out and arduous task. Why did you even put arcanes into this update if it's going to be impossible to get any of them without sinking far too much time into a single event? You increase the amount needed for a max arcane and then make the grind for even one arcane take 30 minutes of doing a single mission (may I note that this is 30 minutes if you're using an optimal team like it's #*!%ing tridolons, cause good luck trying to get anywhere close to 10 Condrix scans without excessive amounts of damage buffing)? Increase the amount of credits you get from doing missions. Simple solution to the problem you made for yourself.

2. Half of the Event Doesn't Work. Period.
I was once in a lobby with 13 ground squads and 2 space squads. I thought to join into the space squad to fill in the role people apparently weren't playing. Turns out I know why there just weren't people doing space squads. It's because, more often than not, you just straight up don't get kill codes. At all. Every single multiplayer lobby I've been in has had to wait 5-10 minutes for a single kill code and then the next one never, ever comes. And yet you think it was OK to ship this update in the state it's in where half of it consistently breaks? This is frustrating, annoying, and most importantly, insulting. Fix it.

3. Excessive and Arbitrary Scaling
Is there any reason why the Condrix has to have so much health that, as I mentioned before, you need to mega optimize your squad just to feasibly get 10 done while also making the amount of credits you get when you first get into the mission to be pitiful? Where does the new player fall into place in this entire event? Scaling is so buffed out the ass that I can't see anyone that isn't a veteran getting any sort of rewards. Even Veterans are going to have a hell of a time getting anything in this entire event because your idea of fun, Digital Extremes, is sitting in front of a Condrix doing nothing but pumping it full of DPS while getting bombarded with hundreds of grineer and one of the most annoying to fight (at least in bulk) enemy factions in the entire game just to inch closer to any sort of rewards whatsoever.

Don't get me wrong, I like this event conceptually, but you executed it so poorly it becomes an absolute chore. Please for the love of god, fix Murex Raids, fix the scaling, fix the rewards. Then, and only then, will there be a decent event. To be completely honest, however, I expect you to fix none of these issues besides possibly the kill codes. I sincerely hope you will and that you'll prove me wrong, but considering your track record, I can't help but expect the worst.

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

Thank you for the hotfix. I'm having a hard time putting time into this event. On one hand I am a content dry Warframe player who is quite literally stuck in their home for the most part. However on the other hand, Scarlet Spear is an unpolished mess where the Railjack portion barely functions, and the ground squad is extremely tedious after a few hours worth of runs. I want to grind my way to having the new weapons and new Arcanes, but it's just painful to play this gamemode that feels as half baked as Empyrean as a whole. I understand you guys are seriously pinched from working at home and such, but please stop releasing an unpolished and unfinished update. Liches were the first red flag in the last few months, and it seems it's just continuing again.

The matchmaking for this Operation is questionable. Squad Link is essentially a lie as well. Two completely separate missions linked by a yellow relay chat isn't exactly what I would consider to be squad linking. Players cannot even make custom flotillas comprised of clan members or custom 8 player squad links. You claimed this was a community event, but it hinges on flotilla activity. Nothing is worse in Warframe than being unable to go at your own pace. Slowing down in space because the random pub 4 squad on the ground is taking a while to produce codes is infuriating after the first few times.

Rewards really need to be addressed. 8 players across the squad link should share the same points income one way or another. There should not be a situation where someone has an incentive to invest in a specific side of this event and not the other as this will create imbalance in the matchmaking structure.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

After playing for an hour and a half I have to say I'm bored already. Eventhough the update adveritses lots of new content, the scarlet spear is pretty much the same old defense mission. The squad link is basically a new hindrance, you have to open your gear wheel and click on a gear item that adds nothing to the game.  

This whole event is the same old thing put in a new package with a cute little ribbon on it.

Keep getting update failed after this hotfix
can't even play now 
Anyway, I've managed to do 4 ground runs and 1 space run, things are just too expensive, or the missions aren't rewarding enough and those missions aren't really bearable to grind.
I've done 12 round of ground and only got 1200ish point or something, not even worth a single arcanes :facepalm:

I'm still hopeful for this event but the grind really is next level. And things being as broken as they are, it really feels like a waste of time. Which considering how much free time I have, is ironic. It's not the end of the world to me but I'm not really sure the 25 days this event is scheduled for is going to be enough for me to even get all the base rewards, let alone a decent selection of arcanes. Not really feeling it.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

Thank you for the hotfix. I'm having a hard time putting time into this event. On one hand I am a content dry Warframe player who is quite literally stuck in their home for the most part. However on the other hand, Scarlet Spear is an unpolished mess where the Railjack portion barely functions, and the ground squad is extremely tedious after a few hours worth of runs. I want to grind my way to having the new weapons and new Arcanes, but it's just painful to play this gamemode that feels as half baked as Empyrean as a whole. I understand you guys are seriously pinched from working at home and such, but please stop releasing an unpolished and unfinished update. Liches were the first red flag in the last few months, and it seems it's just continuing again.

The matchmaking for this Operation is questionable. Squad Link is essentially a lie as well. Two completely separate missions linked by a yellow relay chat isn't exactly what I would consider to be squad linking. Players cannot even make custom flotillas comprised of clan members or custom 8 player squad links. You claimed this was a community event, but it hinges on flotilla activity. Nothing is worse in Warframe than being unable to go at your own pace. Slowing down in space because the random pub 4 squad on the ground is taking a while to produce codes is infuriating after the first few times.

Rewards really need to be addressed. 8 players across the squad link should share the same points income one way or another. There should not be a situation where someone has an incentive to invest in a specific side of this event and not the other as this will create imbalance in the matchmaking structure.

Everything that Voltage wrote i can only fully admit. You ruining your own game. I thought i couldn´t get worse after railjack is this will be a fun Event. I was wrong. Every clan member knew after 2 Hours that this will be grind fest and that only for the weapon. Therefore you knew it also. My hope goes really down.

The lack of matchmaking is awful.  I can solo the ground mission, sort of.  As long as I run away the moment I can extract.  The people that have sent me invites almost always have ping of 250 plus (just an observation, not their fault my ISP sucks.)  I know exactly NO ONE that still plays this game, so I have no one to invite.  And the payout to prices ratio for the new weapons is... frankly absurd.

At the moment, it looks like I'd be playing this for about 200 hours just to get one of the guns.  If there's some kind of "bonus" payout, I'm not getting it because of an existing, longstanding (and probably Windows related) bug that causes me to get kicked to login randomly.

The space mission is apparently unplayable solo, so I have nothing useful to say about it.

I'd like to get the new weapons.  But given how much time I'd have to spend, doing a mission I already don't enjoy...  yeah.  To say I'm disappointed in this event would be a grave understatement.

how did you guys design this event to be so user unfriendly
lets leave aside the whole you can only kill 100 murax as a community per flotilla

but you can't consistently join the flotilla instance you select from navigation
i see an instance #46 that has a low population count (calm) and currently has a progress of 15/100

i try to join it and i get shunted to instance 1 that was
1. not on the list of instances i could join
2. had no one else in it other that the squad i had organized
3. didn't have a murex wave at all

i tried multiple times to try and join the instance but the same result each time

after this i one of the people in the squad i had gathered decided to try and find another instance and that worked fine
though has they don't have the most stable ping they decided someone else should host to i decided i may as well
i left the squad and then despite them being in the same instance as me and being in a squad with me moments ago i couldn't invite the mas the instance was at the player limit
given that you are rewarded more if you start in an instance that has less progress because of your silly ranking within that flotilla granting extra rewards and that your mission will be cut short if you are in an instance that is near completion further penalizing you for trying to play in a mostly completed wave

honestly i think this whole experience would be much more user friendly if there were not bonus rewards every hour or so based on your ranking in an instance and we didn't have to deal with the waiting between waves in an instance

7 hours ago, Motodog242 said:

Friend, you do know you can keep going in that same mission and get more creds, right? Instead of dipping after a single murex kill, regrab the uplink satellite and put in front of the next sentinel ship that is waypointed. Your points become additive, as in, after, say, three murex in a row in a mission you won't get* a measly 315, but 700 something. 15 minutes for 315 or 700 something, the choice is clear, keep going in the same mission. Your 12 hours has become 6 or less, just like that. Lol.

Good luck with that...so far after the first murex kill the satellite will just fly inside a sentient ship and get stuck there...

Cost of the credits in Little Duck's ship on the flotilla is rather steep. I get that most of us are staying at home since the pandemic but that doesn't mean we all suddenly have all the time to grind.

Some of us have responsibilities, daily chores to do. Some of us have kids to take care of, or relatives that need care.

I propose we cut the cost of items to by a third of what is currently offered.

Or adjust the rewards of doing the ground or space missions to reward much higher than what is rewarded currently if you don't want to lower the cost.

Never played in space, could never join other mates, going by the console to space puts me alone in my own railjack. Considering there were RJs with free slots i think i should have gone to one, before i take my own. Had to go to ground, and after doing the same thing 12 times, only got around 1k points. With the amount of things costing upwards of 5k, im not going to be bothered. Best regards.

Who ever said timed gameplay and a limited relay player count would be fun needs to get fired.
PS: The prices are sky high. So much for "We are intending less grind for players", nice keeping your word DE (more grind=less fun), not all of us can play this game 24/7/365. Not to mention tons of bugs, and matchmaking problems. Fix this DE

Thank you dev team for the fixes. Waiting for more.

Also, it would be really useful (and logical) to autojoin an open squad for the space mission. It isn't logical to previously assemble a squad and then begin the space mission.

Why is it so hard to just make a menu with two buttons that say "Create Railjack Squad as Commander" and "Join Railjack Squad as Crew"?

Oh yeah also these rewards are idiotic compared to the costs, if I grind for three hours I can get an arcane that I'd get five of running Eidolons?? Wowee.  15k for the weapon.. How does this make it to production?

Archived