Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.2

[DE]Megan

13 hours ago, minhzai said:

Why always release a broken economy to have the fan base up and arm then fix it later it happen since eidolon and keep happening with new event

Because if everyone gets everything all at once then the event is wasted, and not much they can do about it except hope enough players missed the time in which prices were too low. If prices are too high they can lower them and refund stuff. 

really happy to see more content being added to warframe. i was slightly disappointed with empyrean and how little that ended up doing for warframe as a whole, seing as the majority of warframe is still the grind-and-loot shooter that it's always been. players are finding the insane grind game to be a little taxing, especially when things cost both time to find their resources, laced with RNG backed by more RNG on top of more RNG, giving things low drop rates which are only just lightly affected by boosters and abilities, and then getting to wait another day/day and a half just to finally use something. even in dojo customization where things are purely cosmetic and serve no tactical or gameplay benefits other than "my dojo room looks cool" take a whole day to complete, even a turtle the size of a foot stool takes that long. even pigment research is a problem, it takes 32 hours to research a pigment, and thats not including time to grind out the resource.

now onto the new stuff:
scarlet spear is nice as a story-inclusive game mode. it really should be recurring, like plague star. not sure if that was gone over or not, but just saying. i always enjoyed one thing that warframe boss-enemies brought to the table, and that is the "villain of the week" factor that was seen commonly in older cartoons and commics like batman or whatnot, and the sentients hadn't (until this point) been really brought into that scene yet. luckily, now i think the sentients CAN be in that light, should DE go that way and add a sentient node-set on the star-chart, or include them in the disruptions. from a gameplay perspective, im not displeased by scarlet spear (or as my friends and i call it, scarlet dong) in the slightest, we found we could hop into a ground mission and shoot the breeze, while taking out sentients for once. or we could hop into the "ringo starrship" my railjack, and kick it to some tunes, ALSO kickin sentients like the ground missions. we didn't come across any bugs or big concerns with it, aside from the usual "grind is a pain up my tailpipe" just to get our hands on some scarlet shop merch.

as usual, thanks for the content DE, im glad it's at least coming out given the situation with the virus and all that. thanks for working from home, bringing the community closer with the at-home streams and keeping it live. it must be rough, but hey, it probably wouldn't happen if DE wasn't committed to it's baby: Warframe and it's community. Thanks again DE

Its nice to see that you seperate changes and fixes and fixes 🙂

Who decided that we have to fight in the same cave for about a month?
Who decided that SS is ready to launch?
Who decided that railjack missions are worth more but need two ground parties to atleast complete?
Also they are way easier. Personally, this sounds like an confession to me, railjack isn't fun at all and needs such an band-aid.

Who decided that in an community event, the community fights over limited ressources?
This is the first time we have to fight each other in order to make progress... just why?
Who decided to add an annoying time gate?

I just can't believe the current status of this.... lets call it "event". It could have been so great and I really want to like it.. but thats just to much to handle.

Me and my friends spent 3, 4 hours playing Scarlet Spear, in a broken fashion. I should say that early this morning we jumped in and it was fine. Tonight's play however was broken. How so?

We teamed up and jumped into an instance of the flotila and did a murex raid. we spent 10-15 minutes waiting for kill codes. no codes ever arrived. we aborted and tried the murex raid again. same thing. we aborted it again.

Then we decided to give Condrix raid a try since ground mission should work without having to wait. It did kind of worked but I noticed that during our run, we sent up kill codes but I've never even once seen the typical kill codes received messages from players that we experienced this morning playing this. Extracted and did another condrix raid. Same thing, kill codes transmitted but never once seen a kill code received message.

We went back in to try at a murex raid again, seeing as ground crew outnumbered the space crew by 2 to 1 so we thought we shouldn't be waiting for kill codes then. We went in, and we were waiting for kill codes for the last 10 minutes. We aborted and decided to jump in solo, either we go solo or we'll team up with a not yet full squad. I ended up in a solo instance of the murex raid.

I have finally reached the end of my bug report. And during this whole time of me typing this out which is roughly 30 minutes, i have only received 2 kill codes. Yeah, according to Mission Progress tab, I have been inside the ship for about 30 minutes and only received 2 kill codes... randomly and in a long interval between those codes.

Maybe DE can rename Operation: Scarlet Spear to Operation: Wait Around.

i thought DE said they will do what they can to reduce the grind.

is this what they can do?

great, thanks DE.

this whole thing is yet again another grindfest, filled with bugs and broken matchmaking and broken connection between the ground squads and the rj squads.

also, reaching to rewards demands a very high amount of points/standing.

DE, i love you and all, but ever since the nightwaves, you basically release grindfests on top of more grindfests, with timegates, rngfests and clusterbugfests.

i get warframe has a grind, but we are way past the acceptable mindless grindfest state.

take a step back and think things through.

thanks for reading!

Holy crap where do i begin, this Event is super dumb, like what is the deal with all this floatilla nonesense, i can't invite anyone half the time because of this floatilla nonsense, not to mention, theres no in game way to really keep track of which floatilla your on so you can tell squadmates or they can just see for themselves, this is all really complicated for no reason. Pls fix the event.

All right, I think it has been said plenty how awful the grind is, how buggy and whatnot. What I wanted to add is this:

DE, why the frickin' VAY HEK are lore based events timed and will never come again? This doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever. I mean, I wanna experience the ENTIRE lore of the game and for the past events, for the most part, I can't just because I started playing this game pretty late in October 2019. 

This is unnecessary and quite frankly, just plain stupid and a braindead decision. Who decides this? Because they can't be very bright.

Let me start with thanks DE for trying to get this amid the current pandemic.  I like the new event, but it has a few issues.

So here are some of my observations thus far.

First let’s address the basic formula for every new event there has been for a bit.  Stuff will be broken, the grind will be insane. 

Stuff is broken because it is new content being put in.  The grind is insane because of two reasons.  It kind of lengthens the time spent on the new content and it is an upper threshold that will be reduced.  That is way better than making it too easy. Making it harder it is easier to scale down.  And it gives the team time to work on mechanics/bug work/give them more data.

We as players find different things fun or rewarding and trying to find a middle ground between new, casual, vet, hardcore, etc. players is tough.  People argue even if they are making the same point.  Meh, it is the internet.

To date the best event I have played right out the gate with few problems was the Dog Days event.  Frames didn’t matter, and we all had the same weapon.  And that one dude was crazy fast and Kela was drunk/high.  What also made it fun was that it was easy to pick up, it had difficulty and it equalized everyone.  And adjustments were still made to the mode as we played.  This is hard to replicate for other events.  And not every event needs to be like this one.  But it probably had the fewest mechanics as part of it, so I understand more code means more problems.

So this event.  Yup grind is rough.  I will say it is hard to get a metric on what would feel right when parts are less than optimal.  Getting Shedu parts was nice.  But I couldn’t ever tell how many credits I was getting, and what is the purpose of the score number next to our names?

Yes some railjack teams to get the code priority, but part of that might be due to a few things.  My squad got out of the Railjack portion after not getting more codes.  I finally saw why.  We had 7 teams on railjack and 7 on the ground.  Of the 7 on the ground only two were generating codes.  The other 5 were doing other parts and were not giving codes.  So the squads that were linked were getting the codes.

Grineer and sentients boarding the ship at the same time was kind of fun, but most of my squad had trouble doing damage and so it became less and less fun.  I think this may have been after 4 or 5 murex ships were sent back home.  So maybe this was by design?  But with so few codes being sent and low reward credits made it tough to keep going.

The new enemy sentient is kind of tough to figure out how to kill it.  As well as other things tied to the event.  Still working on that.  I figure we will all figure it out like when eidolons first showed up. After a bit sentients stopped spawning and we were stuck there waiting for code that weren’t coming with no enemies.  It felt like a nice breather, but then it extended too long and they would slowly trickle in. leading to more long wait times even though they were high level.  Not saying they need to be harder, they just need to be more numerous while still giving players some breathing room maybe?

1 hour ago, Cerebrum123 said:

Because if everyone gets everything all at once then the event is wasted, and not much they can do about it except hope enough players missed the time in which prices were too low. If prices are too high they can lower them and refund stuff. 

But doing so will cause player good will and further more people might left the game at the very least they can start explain to people what to expect and why doing so 

Still waiting for payout being explained properly. We are supposed to test this before it goes to consoles, with the only reward being account suspension for unreported exploits as SS FAQ states, but we can't even know if something is a bug or a feature if you keep things opaque. How are we even supposed to know if things works or not when all explanation we get is "commit to flotilla and reach rank I, II or III", what even is this?

@[DE]Megan I want to add a few comments on why I think it feels like everything has become so grindy lately and offer suggestions on how it could possibly be improved.

For most of the core aspects of the game (MR, weapon leveling, endo collecting, focus, etc...) you can make progress towards each of those goals in any mission. For earning MR, you have a reasonable grind to acquire a new warframe (say Frost, for example). After getting Frost though, you have nearly no limitations on what missions you can run to rank it, which lets you play whatever mode you feel like playing, while still making progress in the game. Between missions, there is obviously variation on how quickly you can progress, but you aren't forced into a small subset of missions to level them and specialized mission types (i.e. Elite Sanctuary Onslaught) give significant progress towards their dedicated purpose. The point is, there isn't a required, huge, limited-mission-type grind involved. It can happen passively in any mission, without limiting gameplay. This event, along with some of the more recent content, required massive amount of farming in a limited set of missions, which gets incredibly boring, especially when you barely feel like you're making progress. I'm not saying it should be easy to get everything, but it's not fun, having to commit ALL my in-game time to a very small set of repetitive missions, just so I don't miss the limited-time content.

TL;DR: Major grinds should be passive in the game, happening in any mission. Grinding in select missions is fun and rewarding when they *aren't* super long. We shouldn't have to spend all our in-game time on one event to finish it, and it DEFINITELY shouldn't be less rewarding than normal missions *glares at arcane costs and mission rewards compared to running eidolons*.

So why did you make this operation host to play ? why cant we just quick join?

why?......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Just wanted to say that I actually really like the event. Lots of people are responding negatively, but my friend and I have had a great time. Sure, it's not perfect, but I really like boarding the Murex, and the tension of trying to hold out while ground teams obtain kill codes (though the wait is sometimes excessive).

The ground missions have a little less flare than the railjack ones, but we had fun. It's a nice feeling to know that us broadcasting those codes is helping tenno in the sky, especially having been on the other end and not recieving codes nearly fast enough.

I was a little sad to see that I couldn't even purchase the blueprints for the new weapons due to mastery rank, but I'm close to 11 so I'll just have to grind it out before May. Also, getting some more Scarlet Credits would be nice. I understand that the most scarlet credits are supposed to come from winning battles, but it makes the individual missions feel a little frustrating when you spend an hour on a Murex and then only get 200 credits.

But I'm legitimately having a good time. Especially because I can't leave my house or do anything. It really enhances the feeling of helping other tenno when I haven't been able to see another person in two weeks.

Что за хуйня с этим ебучим обновлением, каждый раз при заходе на любой канал входит только на первый, даже если меня приглашают в пати с любого другого?

Archived