Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's new passive ability sounds like a big joke.

selig_fay

I think you need to give a bonus to the people who implemented this because they have a great talent for turning great ideas into useless things.

What I thought when there was a description of "Titania heals allies when using abilities":

*Maybe it will not be a large number, something like 5%. This is useless to me, because at 300 hp I will get 15hps, but my allies who really have hp will get 30, and the inaros and grendel get 200+, it’s not enough, but still has little benefit.

*Pets can benefit from 30+ hps, but this has the greatest benefit with a full moon, which will actually increase healing by 50% with hp.

*But the biggest benefits are specters and defeance targets. They can have a very large amount of hp.

*razorfly has 100 hp, but a large amount of armor and even 5hps (7.5 with a full moon) will make it more tenacious.

What did we get as a result?

*Fixed 4 hps, which in fact can only be for beginners against level 6.

*Only valid on frames. Yes, your companions and defeance targets will take care of themselves.

*Does not work on archwing missions. Garuda has more damage from lack of hp, hildryn has a cool healthgate and Titania has nothing for archwing missions, despite the fact that it is the only frame using archwing on normal missions. I don’t know, maybe it’s planned to completely remove all the passive abilities of the frames from the wings, but now, this was the last straw that made me write this post.

I dont know. I saw so much good in this passive ability, but the current implementation makes me think that the old trampoline made a lot more sense than that.

• Like 3

vor 14 Minuten schrieb mantasas17x:

they added free passive to her kit and you are complaining really? 

Just because it is free not means it can't still be bad, wanna talk about useless passives like Zephyr? While other passives have clear advantages like Saryn status duration, Excalibur sword damage, etc.

Them introducing passives back then was the biggest misstake ever, remember Oberon charming animals which only was on earth and against grineer basically? Or Vauban having 25 more armor as his passive? Passives are a joke and they often not seem to know or waht to do or add to certain frames since they brought them up. Because of this, they could remove passives again as well this way then.

Showing criitc and concern is needed and not just pass it over and praise them for it.

With your logic we could add a passive to slow the team, doesn't make much sense but is also a free addition right?

Edited by Marine027
Typos
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, mantasas17x said:

they added free passive to her kit and you are complaining really? 

Yes. Yes. I complain about the implementation because the idea was good.

We had a situationally useful passive ability that was not worth the energy and could increase the mobility of the people who run behind Titania. Now we have a passive ability, which against the background of all healings is useless.

And this is not supported all the time, like the +3 hps aura, we need to spend energy. But the aura works on all the allied objects and can be stack, while the passive ability does not. Many Titania builds are now designed to use razorwing all the time without blitz and use tribute every two minutes, which means we won’t use it most of the time. But even for my caster Titania build I do not see the point. It takes about 75 seconds to heal 300 hp. Why, if I can do it in a single melee strike?

Edited by zhellon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Marine027 said:

Them introducing passives back then was the biggest misstake ever

It's not a bad idea to have passives, they just have to be good passives. Nidus' passive is phenomenal, and there's plenty of room for more engaging passive abilities.

A flat 4hp/s though is extremely underwhelming, that much is true.

4 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Just because it is free not means it can't still be bad

Loki: Infinite Wall Latch.

Banshee: Weapons are silent.

Chroma: Your energy colour dictates your element for the mission, and cannot be changed for that mission.

Mag: Item Vacuum on Bullet Jump.

Nova: When knocked down, enemies in a tiny radius are also knocked down.

Trinity: Two seconds faster revive time on downed allies.

Passives are free and can easily still be bad.

Some passives, like Zephyr's and Nezha's get such frequent complaints (by whiny babies) that DE just released mods that disable them.

Titania has a passive that is not too powerful, but is a function that none of her abilities would have done before this. With her abilities granting her evasion and damage reduction, the small amount of heal over time is actually fairly functional and balanced within her kit.

Take it as a blessing that she didn't get an actual bad passive.

3 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Titania has a passive that is not too powerful, but is a function that none of her abilities would have done before this. With her abilities granting her evasion and damage reduction, the small amount of heal over time is actually fairly functional and balanced within her kit.

Take it as a blessing that she didn't get an actual bad passive.

The problem is that a passive ability can be useful, but can be ignored by players (e.g. garuda, where + 100% damage is useful, but not necessary all the time)

And there is a passive ability that is useless. Do you know the moment of the game where you need 4hps for frames only? I think even new players are able to get a more powerful healing. When there is a situation where it will be useful, I will change my mind, but for now this is simply a poor implementation of a good concept.

1 minute ago, zhellon said:

I think even new players are able to get a more powerful healing.

You're missing the point, Zhell, it's passive healing for free, just for playing the frame.

It functions, it's neither an outstanding, nor a bad passive. It's genuinely just average.

It's kind of the reason that a lot of people stop talking about certain frames from time to time. Nobody calls for a rework to frames that actually work. Until they have that one thing that annoys us about them, then it's all aboard for the rework train.

It's a passive, it doesn't have to be Octavia's or Nidus' level of power, it doesn't have to be some massive buff function or multi-layered situational thing like Hildryn. You cast an ability, you get health regen as a bonus. There's nothing bad about that. Could it be better? Sure, but DE have literally just put that in as a function and there's no way they'll just say 'oh yes, nobody likes getting free Health, let's remove it again' within a week of her Prime being released...

I mean what, did people seriously enjoy that her passive before was literally only functional when she wasn't in Razorwing? And that all it did was make her Bullet Jump a little further, and did the same for allies if they happened to Bullet Jump from the same place just after she did?

A buff is a buff. Enjoy it.

• Like 2

It is not so uncommon to see a bad passive ability. For example, passive on Volt is virtually non-existent. Some warframes, like infamous Limbo, does not have any passive ability at all as well.

But, just because there are so many bad passives out there is not an excuse for stop the complain about that. Don't prevent the other's right.

1 hour ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Some warframes, like infamous Limbo, does not have any passive ability at all as well.

Limbo's passive is that he heals 10 energy for each enemy he kills in the rift. Allies who do the same do not get the energy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, zhellon said:

I saw so much good in this passive ability, but the current implementation makes me think that the old trampoline made a lot more sense than that.

She still has the constant benefits of the trampoline. The healing is merely in addition to it. I actually found the trampoline annoying when playing with an ally Titania just because of the unnecessary energy effects everywhere (assuming she wasn't in razorwing anyways which made it useless). 

In my understanding, a weak passive ability! = Useless passive ability. For example, the Ivara radar. There is a much better option, but this passive ability still looks good and it can, because it never turns off and works in conjunction with other radars. In fact, you may not need such a large radius, but it will still be useful. 

Another point, Loki, wisp, Zephyr, Nezha. They all use parkour enhancement. And you can also improve it even more, or ignore, but in the case of nezha and zephyr - it was their playstyle, so they could not ignore their passive abilities for a long time. But most importantly, this is an improvement that can be used. Slide nezha is very cool and has great synergy with abilities.

And really, if Titania could highlight enemies (including ignoring walls) for the whole team, when she aiming, I would have nothing against it. This passive ability is not strong, and many people can ignore this, considering it bad, but this is something that can be used for convenience and has synergy with dex pixia.

I would not mind 4hps healing if it affected all objects and could be stacked. Or if it worked passively, say "+ 4hps for all allies for every positive effect that Titania has." (Titania can have 5 effects on its own from Tribute and Spellbind, which is already 20hps, which you can ignore).

The problem with healing is that only the time it takes to heal is important. Hp also has a top cover, which means regeneration is useless to you when you are in full health. (And Titania can not badly evade damage, that is, it is almost useless for herself. In any case, there is Divata, which lasts full health in 1 heavy hit). The problem with healing is that only the time it takes to heal is important. Hp also has a top cover, which means regeneration is useless for It very weakly helps allies with 700 health (really, wait 2 minutes to heal yourself from small hp to complete only with Titania’s regeneration? The operator will save you!)

I would not mind if the passive ability of Titania worked like arcane aegis, yes, it is 4 shields per second, but the passive restoration of the shield is added to this value. God, I wouldn’t even mind if Titania could create a health orb, because this thing works well with the equilibrium.

I just have one question, how and where can I use this? If I always have full health, allied frames do not need such disgusting healing, and for the rest, including pets (the only ones for whom this could work), it is simply not available. A buff is a buff, but if I cannot use it in the game, how can I relate to this?

If it comes to beginners, I remind you that the quest is available with mr7.

• Like 1

I just have one question, how and where can I use this? If I always have full health, allied frames do not need such disgusting healing, and for the rest, including pets (the only ones for whom this could work), it is simply not available. A buff is a buff, but if I cannot use it in the game, how can I relate to this?

I suspect the primary, and intended, usage is to top up Razorflies.  

Well at least it's better than having to put on rejuvenation or arcanes that give hp regen, including medi-ray. Also it's not bad but with shield-gating, she only needs it if there's damage to her health but it's not the best healing power like vazarin abilities from operator or healing return from melee weapons.   

Edited by TheNeonGod

On 2020-03-25 at 7:20 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Mag: Item Vacuum on Bullet Jump.

I'm an advocate for saying that Mag has the most generally useful passive in the game. Increased item pickups from doing simple actions? Yes! Would be much better on all Frames though. Give Mag a new Passive like stronger shields that regen quicker.

Yeah honestly it's a super lame passive. Thank god we're keeping Trampoline, I'll get a lot more use of of that in the minuscule fraction of time during a level when I'm out of Razorwing. 

Best we can hope for is it gets reworked in four years *Ba dum Tss*

• Like 2

I really didn't think people would complain about a passive that heals 4hp/s, that will heal Titania from 1 to 300 in about 75s (or who knows how much with Titania Prime)

Seriously, if you get to live through having your shields burst and health reduced, you will gain that health back sometime. You don't need an absurdly overpowered passive that is meant to heal her 50% of her hp per second.

And yes, there are still useless passives laying about, remnants of ages long past and still requiring updates.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ScytodiDaedalus said:
Seriously, if you get to live through having your shields burst and health reduced, you will gain that health back sometime. You don't need an absurdly overpowered passive that is meant to heal her 50% of her hp per second.

Maybe we want a big healing not for Titania, but for the allies? I literally wrote about it. Why do I need healing at all if I get 0% in almost every mission? Another point, healing would be useful for defeat targets, specters, Pets, and other frames. But other frames don't really need it, because everyone has things to heal.

13 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Certainly not a bad passive.

No, true, but literally what was the point of it when it was already a function of her 3? Banshee only got this passive when the other frames released before Zephyr got theirs (since Zephyr was the first to have an actual passive) a year or so after frames started being released with a passive as standard.

In comparison it would be like giving Ivara a passive that turns her invisible when she isn't firing a weapon. She already turns invisible with an ability already, and has an augment for it too. Why, after the ability and the augment existed, would you give Ivara a passive that did what this ability did without casting the energy?

What kind of person said 'Oh, we have a frame that can cast an ability and make her entire squad's weapons silent, one that has an Augment for her ability that makes Finisher damage better to encourage people to use it for the stun, what passive should we give her? Oh, I know, her weapons are silent!'

The thought process there was... the genius, it almost generates gravity.

• Like 2