Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Titania's new passive ability sounds like a big joke.

selig_fay

1 hour ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

No, true, but literally what was the point of it when it was already a function of her 3?

Actually, that's a very common misconception. Her 3 does not silence weapons, it deafens enemies in a certain radius. Meaning, enemies outside the aura can and will hear you if you're using something alarming like explosives. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Actually, that's a very common misconception. Her 3 does not silence weapons, it deafens enemies in a certain radius.

Hmm... I have yet to see an enemy become alerted due to gunfire when they are outside of that radius. Although, anecdotal evidence is an unreliable source. Still, if you're running range and not Valhalla build, it's the same thing, because enemies beyond a certain distance are not alerted by explosions or gunfire regardless of whether they're under Silence or not. You just push the Range to beyond the Detection Distance and it's basically the same thing as silencing all weapons.

Still?

Not a very powerful passive compared to the dozens of suggestions players had for it when DE announced that every frame would get a passive. And certainly not powerful compared to several frames having base boosts to certain weapon types, others having boosts to the duration of bleeds or status types, others that regen health constantly at a base of what Titania has when she casts, and another having literal Energy regen squad-wide every time they cast.

And certainly not as game-affecting as something like Zephyr's low-grav, which allows for incredibly fluid movement and compensation for Warframe's desire to have line-of-sight beyond a few hundred meters. Or for frustration to the few players that have never once adapted their muscle memory to a different movement system before...

• Like 3

On 2020-03-25 at 6:20 AM, Birdframe_Prime said:

Some passives, like Zephyr's and Nezha's get such frequent complaints (by whiny babies) that DE just released mods that disable them.

Honestly, I'm delighted by Nezha's mod, since it's credible evidence that DE isn't likely to change his passive for something dumb at some point. 😛   "We're removing Nezha's frictionless passive since many players found it difficult to deal with for the first few minutes they ever played him.  But in honor of him being such a slippery character, he now has a 50% chance to take 25% less damage from status effects!"

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Honestly, I'm delighted by Nezha's mod, since it's credible evidence that DE isn't likely to change his passive for something dumb at some point. 😛

Yeah, no, I saw this release and it honestly made me laugh. Not only won't it change, but the people that actually want to take it off they have to trade off for a worse version of an existing mod ^^

• Like 1

While it isn't the most disappointing passive in the entire game, I do think it was lackluster. When I heard she was getting a healing passive I knew it wasn't going to be some massive healing amount that turns her into a big healer, but 4 hps seems too low. 5% health per second would actually be on par or better than a baseline Wisp Vitality mote (just looking at the healing value) for a 700HP+ character, so I don't really see them going that high for a passive (it would be fine at 300 hp probably), but it could use a bump. There's room between 4hps and 30+.

I'm sure they're also considering that you're potentially reducing the amount of damage taken when utilizing Tribute to make a small healing value have time to do something, but Tribute is obnoxious to use still. Maybe they'll also consider taking one of the many suggestions on making it better that was much better than tossing in the clunky ability cycling system. IE: remove cycling entirely and make tribute give you stacks such as all the current tributes at 25% their current value stacking up to 4 times. You'd still have to get 4 to get full strength, you'd just be getting them with a dramatically less obnoxious control scheme. But anyway...

Maybe change Upsurge to do a small amount of healing and energy regen (maybe even have it work during RW). I've always wanted her to have at least a minor energy regen mechanic of some kind and the name upsurge kind of fits that already. If they only want it to heal I'd say something like 10-15HPS would feel noticeable, 15 would be half of an unbuffed vitality mote (and the passive doesn't scale with strength). Having it proc in AW and work on additional targets it doesn't currently work on would be nice also. 

15 hours ago, Borg1611 said:

5% health per second would actually be on par or better than a baseline Wisp Vitality mote

Which would make a Passive (something that is purely additive to the kit and technically active at all times as a function that is buffing every single cast Titania makes) better than an Ability, which costs Energy.

Passives, almost exclusively, do not do that. Even though some Passives are powerful, or multi-layered, they are not better than things you cast.

It's neither a great passive, nor a bad passive. It's middle-of-the-road normal. Let it be.