Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

nova deluxe 2

K555

this is what we get? looking at the concept art of it compared to the final skin that we got and i'm sure i'm not the only one that's just completely disappointed, you've changed nearly everything but the arms from shoulders down, where's all the energy? wheres all the metallics? where's the skin that you show'd saying we'll get? i really hope you update the skin and fix it because this just looks degrading compared to what Pete gave us

The first thing I noticed when I look at her is the edge textures on tertiary color channel (so pixelated by the blue), and I'm like does this not bother anyone else? Am I really that nit picky? It looks disconnected from the rest of her and it looks messy. Her concept art is so clean it has me asking is this really on purpose or did someone miss a polish pass? But you are the only person I see complaining about her besides me. Is everyone just too salty about the Crimson Spear to care?

They made her boobs bigger and now they aren't even round (green)? It's kind of embarrassing in my honest opinion.

w3nMARN.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Yseviel said:

The first thing I noticed when I look at her is the edge textures on tertiary color channel (so pixelated by the blue), and I'm like does this not bother anyone else? Am I really that nit picky? It looks disconnected from the rest of her and it looks messy. Her concept art is so clean it has me asking is this really on purpose or did someone miss a polish pass? But you are the only person I see complaining about her besides me. Is everyone just too salty about the Crimson Spear to care?

They made her boobs bigger and now they aren't even round (green)? It's kind of embarrassing in my honest opinion.

w3nMARN.jpg

everything u just said ive said twice in my alliance chat already same with a lot others since most of us fashion frame

33ad070dc8.jpgb36019686e.jpgf5d52358e2.jpg

I don't dislike it ; I think it's a pretty cute skin .

If anything I don't see it as a "Nova" skin .
Her reactors got removed ( and they were part of her appeal ) , her porcelain-like look isn't there anymore ( and she's known to be a fragile yet powerful frame ; she's a literal porcelain doll ) and her muscleheater-like very simple yet unique legs and feet got changed completely as well . 

I like the skin but I think it would fit Nyx , Khora or even Mag more than Nova and by the end of the day I think I may prefer her prime look to her deluxe one.

• Like 1

honestly, I love the skin. using darker colors addresses the metallic / saturation issue to a degree, though I imagine it'll get fixed at some point

I'm more bothered on two things: one the completely broken state of her syandana (only two of her spines even MOVE, and they don't even move properly - they only dangle in place, as if broken and hanging b a wire. the other, is the rigging, where in some animation sets her right shoulder implodes inwards, and her very lower back (coccix area) is also extruded inwards in a very odd way.

Besides that, however: she's an energy goddess and looks the part now, and the Alamos sniper skin is honestly one of the most elegant deluxe skins yet. it solves the horible aestetics of some guns (komorex in particular looks retarded in my opinion, would be better as an archwing with a model like that;) and, among all snipers, it«s the leanest, thinnest skin. it practicaly screams PRECISION.

• Like 1

Just came to this subforum to drop in to say that I love everything about this skin and think it's one of the nicest deluxes so far. I hadn't noticed the apparently fuzzy edge in the chest texture, though, that looks like it could use a tweak.

I didn't have any interest in the concept art, but this skin is something unique and special. It screams finely tuned machine and has that "synthetic" vibe with apparent artificial bone and muscle, somewhat distinct from the usual Warframe arrangement that has at least some fairly normal looking (for Infested hybrid living metal) flesh in there, and with a really nice color distribution that doesn't end up mixed and muddled like your Mesa Primes etc. since the "outer" layer of strappy stuff is confined to mostly the torso and head. The textures are fantastic - I love the little "diamond-plate steel" pattern in the outer metallic layer so very much. All of that would feel like a sort of Ghost in the Shell vibe, but then it peels back the sci-fi with some fantasy by way of the elbow gaps and hands making the rest of her body seem like a sealed conduit containing the "antimatter" plasma. That's the kind of thing that probably wouldn't fly on a regular frame skin and is what we have deluxes for.

It's just exactly the look I didn't know I needed for my adorable astronaut. (Going to have to get the Tennogen Tachyon helmet for her at some point, though, that's an absurdly nice fit with this body skin too.)

It would have been neat to keep her shoulder vents in some form, but this is a deluxe and they're meant to bring their own gimmicks instead, so she gets the arms and not the vents. Just how deluxes go. I do like the slight changes to her physique like the narrower shoulders etc., making it feel like a very distinct look and not just sort of Nova in a new "costume".

I need to start a thread on the ancient Asa syandana, though, and its base non-energy color being that same white plastic of sentinel accessories and not respecting any color setting. I needed some kind of plasma stuff going on on her back without those vents. X ]