(PS4)northern_rebal

Dragon key runs solo?

Question

I usually run with random squads so organized missions for tgevderelict vaults seem unlikely.

Is it really possible for the  "average" player to run with all 4 keys equipped?

What's the way to run with the best chance of succeeding?

23 answers to this question

Posted (edited)

It's definitely possible.

Use a tanky frame, like Inaros, and bring at least one hard-hitting weapon (in case of capture) and you're set.

Edited by (PS4)Quantaminum
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

I haven't tried all 4 at once,  but exterminate with rhino carrying all but extinguished is pretty easy as long as you keep Iron Skin up.  Could probably manage with extinguished too, but the reduced damage will make it slow going.  (I decided it was better to take the 25% chance of being unable to open the vault.)

Edited by KnaveOfSwords

Absolutely possible as I primarily run these solo. I use Inaros with an Arca Plasmor and all four keys attached and have very little issue. The capture mission is easiest - capture the target, look for the door and speed to the exit. Use bullet jump for speed as it doesn't seem to be slowed by having the Hobbled Key attached.

• Like 2

Limbo and Loki are probably the most commonly used in solo runs because they avoid damage very well. As others have said, capture is the best, since its only a single objective to kill. Once you get familiar with where vaults spawn in the derelict tileset, you can breeze by 95%+ of the mission with either Limbo or Loki....of course any tanky frame should work. The Index is actually good practice with its debuff of financial stress for surviving with really low hp/shields, hobbling is a joke because you just bulletjump to bypass it, and as long as you have a weapon that deals a lot of damage extinguished isnt too terrible.

I play almost exclusively solo and have done dozens of vault runs with all 4 keys equipped. I take Rhino Prime and take my Arca Plasmor. I don't really struggle at all but if you find the corrupted enemies a bit much just mark the vault with a waypoint and go back once you have killed all of the regular enemies.

Beware the extra debuff you get when you open the vault and pick up the mod as you will be getting a duplicate. I've never really noticed if the extra damage debuff actually applies as I don't really struggle with the enemies but getting a second speed debuff is both hilarious and annoying.

I always do exterminates because the enemies helped me find the vaults early on but the place is pretty much burned into my retinas now.

I usually take off the one that slow you down, because that's a pain. The others aren't hard if you have a good weapon. I use Nekros with Pyrana Prime, no problem.

Tip: never have more than 1 key of each type at the same time. When you open the vault, one of the keys will be used and the drawback of it will be gone. If you still have another, the drawback stays on. This can be helpful when fighting corrupted.

I bring Limbo personally, but I don't risk death, leaving him in the rift at all times and using operator to finish the mission instead.

Posted (edited)

I do solo many times with Limbo. If you don't have Limbo Prime, now it's time farm one. He'll be vaulted to make room for Titania Prime access next week.

Edited by RougeMagma

I ran Rhino/exterminate with all keys a lot. And I really mean a lot. Weapons are usually Ignis Wraith, a catchmoon if something really annoying comes too close and the big melee hammer that autoscans kills for bashing on cats (cant remember its name atm, sorry).

Might not be fastest because more often than not I get lost looking for the bloody door but its actually very easy.

Fun story......

The other day I was looking at nightwave challenges and I had a brain fart.  It wanted me to go after drift mods but instead I thought it wanted vault runs lol.   So I decided to try the solo thing as I had built up 5 of each dragon key.  I have been using Rhino alot to farm focus.  I normally use a Roar loadout to play as support.  But right before the NW challenges I had been tinkering with Iron Skin build to make him viable for Lich/RJ missions.  So I slapped on 4 keys and used my iron skin build(which is nothing special except alot of str mods).  It was super easy................. Didnt take an ounce of actual damage lol.    Your DPS is the hardest part of going solo.  If you dont have a weapon that can overcome the nerf then just try your operator???  I didnt need to...Jat Kittag is awesome.   I was like 3 vaults in before I figured out I was doing wrong challenge lol.  But now I have a good plan when I do need vaults.  

There are prob tons of other possabilities but Rhino you get super early and could be a little bit hard to mod.  All the strength mods are either super rare (augur secret) or vault mods (Blind Rage, Trans Fortitude).  You could buy the vault ones or just go in groups to the vault until you get.  

I have a "Four Dragons" build for Inaros expressly for this purpose - all tank no energy or ability buff - go with Soma Prime or Rubico Prime, the scan-hammer.

It is always much better to do it with one other person though - one guy carries keys, and checks extraction first for the vault, the other guy checks everywhere for the vault and for kavats. Much more productive than solo.

fit all 4 keys, use rhino, make sure hes set for loads of strength and some duration, bring a decent weapon and go to town as you please.

8 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

I usually run with random squads so organized missions for tgevderelict vaults seem unlikely.

Is it really possible for the  "average" player to run with all 4 keys equipped?

What's the way to run with the best chance of succeeding?

Equip Rhino (very early in game frame), equip 4 x dragon keys, profit.

Have fun and may RNG be forever in your favor.

11 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

It's 100% possible. I'm probably about an average player, more or less. I've done Derelict Capture & Exterminate vault runs with regular Rhino using just basic mid-game gear. Nothing expensive or hard to get.

One problem in capture is if the target has a Glaxion he can one-shot you. Suggest taking him down from range as fast as possible. Or just go with exterminate. (I don't like exterminate because you have to kill kavats. I hate killing kavats.)

10 hours ago, Shalath said:

I always do exterminates because the enemies helped me find the vaults early on but the place is pretty much burned into my retinas now.

I didn't know about that one. How do the enemies help you find the vaults?

• Like 1

Nezha. Use his 3 and his passive to keep yourself alive while effectively negating the speed debuff. You can run it with all 4 keys equipped. EZPZ.

Run capture missions, take limbo and mod for survivability, and take a powerful weapon of choice.

Jump into rift until you find your target and get them. Then back into rift and hunt for that door. Get your treasure and rift walk to the exit.

You might get downed by the target occasionally but you have enough health to tank hits from mobs while your locked into your capture animation

8 hours ago, FadeToNull said:

I didn't know about that one. How do the enemies help you find the vaults?

Nothing special, following the "nearest enemy" marker largely guides you around the map and most of the time you will stumble upon the vault. For other mission types you generally have to hunt it down yourself which if you don't know the maps can leave you struggling to find it.

What is worth knowing is that if you can't find the vault simply abandon the mission as doing so won't consume your key. The key is consumed upon completing the mission.

Posted (edited)

you can pick Warframes which either feature good Ability Damage or EHP through Abilities - but it's also a Derelict Mission, it's just some like Lv20 Infested. except in Exterminate you don't even have to Kill hardly any Enemies in the first place, you can find the Door, grab the thing you're looking for, and just leave.
so even if you're pretty thin on Gear/Stats, you can still complete the Missions with little issue.

Edited by taiiat

I chose to use Inaros with an insane health build.  I've  run 6 missions and killed maybe 3 enemies.   Movement is always difficult for me, so the hardest part is actually the capture.

I'm  not sure I've  gotten any mods I couldn't  live without, but I'll run a few more times to see what I get.

Thanks for the advice.

2 hours ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

Movement is always difficult for me, so the hardest part is actually the capture.

Well go for Nezha then.  Like the peeps above said it can help cancel out the speed nerf of hobble.   Nezha is in your dojo.    I built one for Wisp Hunting lol but I never got it working great.  I wanted to blaze all over the plains of eidolon.   

Did anyone mention Wukong yet???  I have seen others do it but im not sure how many keys they had.  But you can use your cloud walking to buzz around the maps.  My Wukong is already overloaded with other game modes like PT and Index lol.