Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tubsie

Used to really like this game

Just now, Radiofloyd said:

Sheep? A blind follower, likely taken from the fact that actual sheeps will  follow the herd leader even if it's off a cliff (at least that's how it is in the usual tale).

Ohhhhh, okey, now I remaber, cheers.

I am WAY to tired.

5 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

pay devs few million $ and you can decide what they do.

EZ

Or the devs can listen to the playerbase if they want people to play ez. 

I return every year to check new content and I buy some prime-pack to support the game. But I won't do that this year.. After new Revised patch I had 3 days of bugs and disconnects on my PS4-loosing rewards, bounties failed. I unistalled Warframe.. not from anger, rather tired and annoyed..

Hot take... they could release the best update ever and people still gonna complain. It's what happens when any game gets this long.

It happens A LOT in MMOs. And instead of player recognizing he has burnt himself out and it's time to move on or take a break. They start attacking developers, fellow players, clan mates etc. Almost like a bad break up with an ex.  I've seen this happen countless times in other MMORPGS that I've played in.

Don't go away mad. Just go away.

as someone who's been playing this game for almost 7 years
I don't understand it, it seems that the more I like what DE is pushing out, the more people cry the end is nigh
I mean look at the warframe revised update, so many vets were crying that it was going to make shotguns garbage, now my highest damage gun is a shotgun, only cause of the changes to status
I don't understand it
Scarlet spear is kind of boring TBH but I've not faced a single bug while playing it, outside of laggy hosts

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Falseliberty:

Hot take... they could release the best update ever and people still gonna complain. It's what happens when any game gets this long.

It happens A LOT in MMOs. And instead of player recognizing he has burnt himself out and it's time to move on or take a break. They start attacking developers, fellow players, clan mates etc. Almost like a bad break up with an ex.  I've seen this happen countless times in other MMORPGS that I've played in.

Yes because we are burnt out of repetetive content they put up as time limited and time gated events aswell, sure that is our fault and not how it is implented in the game, did you read most threads here? People come back after a big break and are still disapointed at this mess, this has nothing to do with being burnt out anymore.

It has to do with how often the same mistakes are repated on DE's side, which partly the community for demanding content and there money givers for wanting to see numbers is are also to blame.

If they continue this road, then this game stops exisitng instead, if people play they love a game but sometimes it is a chore and complaining shows we care for this, we not want it to burn down, criticism is part of it same as praising on other sides.

Both side exist buddy and i neather will i defend both but also can agree both sides are right in several points.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)shann_cz said:

I return every year to check new content and I buy some prime-pack to support the game. But I won't do that this year.. After new Revised patch I had 3 days of bugs and disconnects on my PS4-loosing rewards, bounties failed. I unistalled Warframe.. not from anger, rather tired and annoyed..

Well they can't do much better now, since we're in this world situation, but to my knowledge the PS4 division is hugely competent in making stable updates to the game. I can't blame you for uninstalling, but I would recommend you to give it a try after the next patch if that really is the main reason you uninstalled.

26 minutes ago, Falseliberty said:

Don't get me wrong, there's some salty folks who don't come up with anything reasonable in their feedback to DE— but what bothers me, and is equally as absurd is when people respond like you do that there's some underlying motive or excuse when people may be just giving genuine feedback hoping to see things improve too. Your type of response is just as bad as the salty ones the other way. Imagine what it's like as a neutral viewing this type of absurdity from players. It really does nothing to benefit Warframe. 

Not every reason to not like an aspect of the game is attributed to resentment or burnout to the game and Devs. There's real feedback there. To tell people to "Just go away" is what attributes to problems too. Ultimately, there are real issue going on right now. You can't just say everyone is burnt out and salty, go away and really believe that can you? You have no idea how annoying that is for someone who genuinely cares about the game trying to give feedback to move forward.

6 hours ago, Radiofloyd said:

I would love if they did that, but I can guarantee you they're still getting content drought complaints and overall decay in revenue, which will probably make the keep this up less and less... 

Then better act fast, human error is every development's curse... .

Everything that I put time and effort into ends up getting nerfed, so I stopped putting any time into the game at all.

The game lacks any sense of permanence.

1 hour ago, condimentking said:

Then better act fast, human error is every development's curse... .

Yeah, but they (ironically enough) likely need a more stable revenue to really start fixing things. You can't do much on life support. I hope they can figure things out somehow, but I sure as hell don't envy their position.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Radiofloyd:

Yeah, but they (ironically enough) likely need a more stable revenue to really start fixing things. You can't do much on life support. I hope they can figure things out somehow, but I sure as hell don't envy their position.

https://www.digitalextremes.com/news/2019/08/de-tapped-venngo-excellence-award

You and many other people really should read that.

As a company they have a revenue which is good enough to ensure award-winning working conditions.

There is this other guy who made like 20 posts in the last 2 days claiming that we really should help DE, and that he spends money whenever he can and that he even feels sorry for not being able to do more. I dont want to go as far as saying that DE is fooling us to spend money out of goodwill, but they definitely know how to create an image of being "our friend" (just have a look at all the cringy "love you space mom" posts) so that we are willing to spend money just because we like them, not because they do a really good job.

22 hours ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I took a 10 month break from WF and only came back a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, I can hardly recognize these forums. Before I quit, most people were on DE's side. You'd actually get shunned to some extent if you criticized them too much. Now it seems like it's the exact opposite, being against them is the norm around here. I mean, I'm trying to understand what was the straw that broke the camel's back, but it doesn't make sense to me.

i didn't really took any break with warframe the last year, but i was also as surprise as you are about how the community turned.

It's not until recently that i got a vague idea on what might have happen when i accidentally stumble upon the 3hr length video of Bromize on youtube (it's kinda average but it have context for the "community" side about 1h30 onto it, the first part is fair rants on the new player experiences and the part guessing about  DE internal structure is quite good). Basically the idea i got from that is the "newly" gained twitch streamer community have some hard falling out over twitch drops, twitch partners, then a fair bunch of youtube influencing people drop out of warframe after what conceived to be a big content drought.

Essentially, what i interpreted is that what we have now kinda the result of losing so many voice of good faith critics, thus the uglier portion of the community rising up without the check from those who understand what it actually take for DE to release new content and  know their normal way of doing things.

In other words, it's not that DE changed, it's parts of the community ran out of good will and DE keep being DE did not help ease the fall out.

2 minutes ago, FireSegment said:

i didn't really took any break with warframe the last year, but i was also as surprise as you are about how the community turned.

It's not until recently that i got a vague idea on what might have happen when i accidentally stumble upon the 3hr length video of Bromize on youtube (it's kinda average but it have context for the "community" side about 1h30 onto it, the first part is fair rants on the new player experiences and the part guessing about  DE internal structure is quite good). Basically the idea i got from that is the "newly" gained twitch streamer community have some hard falling out over twitch drops, twitch partners, then a fair bunch of youtube influencing people drop out of warframe after what conceived to be a big content drought.

Essentially, what i interpreted is that what we have now kinda the result of losing so many voice of good faith critics, thus the uglier portion of the community rising up without the check from those who understand what it actually take for DE to release new content and  know their normal way of doing things.

In other words, it's not that DE changed, it's parts of the community ran out of good will and DE keep being DE did not help ease the fall out.

Uh, no. This is not because of some Youtubers or Twitch streamers. Way off base. Others on this post have detailed why and they don't include Youtubers and Twitch as the reasons why players have grown discontent with both the game and with DE specifically. 

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Phase 3 for Railjack

Hold on, what's that? I don't mind phase 3, 4 or 5, but does that mean that AI/NPC crew is delayed again? NPC crew was promised as well, wasn't it? I think they said at TennoCon that you could hire bots from Fortuna and deploy them to railjack.

From the Liches up to now, the certainty that any released content will be a loathe some grindfest at risk of being nerfed and be riddled with hotfixes like it should be an acceptable practice. Why even try to play then and be a lab rat, when you have loads of other games to play with?

I love DE but these days even social distancing cannot force me to play it like I used to.

1 hour ago, Aluzhun said:

Everything that I put time and effort into ends up getting nerfed, so I stopped putting any time into the game at all.

The game lacks any sense of permanence.

This is the way I feel too 

1 hour ago, FireSegment said:

Your speculation about streamers...I doubt. But your last paragraph, I can buy.

DE is being DE, but many of us have finally just run out of patience. Perhaps DE kept being DE too many times in too short a period. 

3 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

guess, but look Floyd, DE have done too meny "promised" stuff and when you been around for some time, you'll see it and then, well, we're here. They "supposedly" worked on Pets 2.0 (no where to be found). Arcwing 3.0 (still in heavy W.I.P, likely won;t see until next year). Phase 3 for Railjack, Phase 3 for Orb Mothers. etc.

How bout the rest of the melee rework? S#&$ we still can't even fundamentally hold a knife in one hand and a pistol in the other. But nah let's do a space ship for space battles. Yeah!! Even though we have archwing for space battles Lol

It's all vary strange. tenor.gif

1 hour ago, FireSegment said:

Sorry mate, but I must disagree with you. Everything that is negative that has happened is on DE. They have the staff size and the talent to get things done properly. When you compare them to other companies Tripple A or not, DE does not have room for excuses anymore. Areananet staff size of 250 does more with what they have with an arguably larger game and complexity yet manage to turn out content that is not half as buggy and unplayable as what DE has been doing lately.

Ever since DE got their name on a bill board on Time Square back in October 2017 De had built up community good will and patience which they have banked and traded on.

When DE can afford to brag about said accomplishments then piss away money and community good faith ( The Space voyage for 250K which still no one has heard anything about and was to be done by December 2019). They have made many promises  in their Tennocons, having us believe what we see is what we will get. Having worked on many of those projects or on the books for 2.5 to three years, and then pretty much fail to deliver on anyone of them. So much so that few systems are replayable, bug free, challenging or entertaining. Sure for a couple of minutes the systems may seem like that, until you dig into the meat and find there isn't any.

DE was in massive denial over the Lich system, you could see it in Reb's "Hyperbole: thread to me, or Steve in denial that we did not like how the Lich take downs were done.

Many Vets knew from the get go if DE released Railjack it would be a compounded $hit show and they were not wrong. DE used to brag that they were in the Top 10 steam charts for years, and when that failed to happen White Knights would tell you that the Steam charts are nothing to go by.

So nah mate, I have been on DE's side for almost as long as you, when DE was the darling of the F2P industry, having stuck by DE by purchasing every PA since Trinity Prime. Now I am deciding if I wish to continue to support them. Notice after many Vets said they would leave if DE did not get their act together, that Vets would take their toys and their Wallets home with them, that DE after 3 months of Foxtrot Uniform Charlie Kilo ing around, finally DE decided they would start addressing said issues? The trouble is, that is all well and good. Not that it is too little, it is too late for many to care, to care to come back.

TL:DR DE forgot about their community, the community that got them to where they wanted to be, then dropped the ball to keep up that good faith. It is all on DE.

4 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Those suppsoed 3 Phases

Speaking of.  Thats another thing they BSed about.  When they said railjack will be released in three phases,  they lead us to believe it would be 3 updates in a row.  The dry dock, take flight. And the find answers. .   

Which has now turn into " crash and burn" when is crash and burn coming out. .. or maybe the "find answers " part is for us to find out what happened to this joke of a game mode. ..

4 hours ago, Falseliberty said:

You sir just deliver a huge blow to these complainers. But alas, telling them to go away is impossible because this is the internet. 

4 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

You sir just deliver a huge blow to these complainers. But alas, telling them to go away is impossible because this is the internet. 

If DE had released a working update then so many players people wouldn't be here, or on Reddit or on Youtube, expressing their discontent. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

That is not good. Getting kicked and freezing during missions, especially a new mission, and so consistently is not good. 

4 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

If DE had released a working update then so many players people wouldn't be here, or on Reddit or on Youtube, expressing their discontent. Sorry to burst your bubble. 

That is not good. Getting kicked and freezing during missions, especially a new mission, and so consistently is not good. 

19 minutes ago, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Call me crazy I never experienced those crashes, then again I am using a beefy computer. The only bug I found is not receiving killcodes, but I can always switch to ground if that happens. DE treats the PC player base as testers for console platforms, if you don’t want to experience bugs it’s best you just don’t play it until DE fix it to make it playable. 

They also will extend Scarlet Spear as an “apology” for the bugs. For confirmation see Home Devstream.