Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tubsie

Used to really like this game

Thread cleaned.

You guys have the right to dislike the content or to disagree, but I have to remind you all to stay chill about it. Not liking the content or disagreeing with something is perfectly fine. What's not fine is spamming, being rude or acting obnoxiously about it. Be constructive and polite : that's all we ask for.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

No. We need DE to get their sht together and find out what they're doing wrong, what they've BEEN doing wrong, and how to fix the errors of their ways before the community tears itself apart, tears DE apart, and revolts entirely.

Talk about llama drama - it's a video game - a thing to pass the time - take a breath ...

Just now, Zimzala said:

Talk about llama drama - it's a video game - a thing to pass the time - take a breath ...

Video games and developers work together to create communities. Groups of people who have invested time, money, and both into the game. Both the developers and the community feed off of each other. 

But when the developers stop making the video game fun to play, and they end up not listening to what the community has to offer, for example, in the case of how the game could be made fun to play, it's only a matter of time before the community starts disliking the developer's idea of "fun", and even the development team as a whole.

Obviously, video games are not supposed to be taken seriously as a medium for entertainment. But when entertainment is pulled out of the formula, immersion is broken, and the community gets angry. When the community gets angry and the developers don't listen to what the community has to say, they get angrier. It's not going to end unless the developers chip in and do something about it. 

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Video games and developers work together to create communities. Groups of people who have invested time, money, and both into the game. Both the developers and the community feed off of each other. 

But when the developers stop making the video game fun to play, and they end up not listening to what the community has to offer, for example, in the case of how the game could be made fun to play, it's only a matter of time before the community starts disliking the developer's idea of "fun", and even the development team as a whole.

Obviously, video games are not supposed to be taken seriously as a medium for entertainment. But when entertainment is pulled out of the formula, immersion is broken, and the community gets angry. When the community gets angry and the developers don't listen to what the community has to say, they get angrier. It's not going to end unless the developers chip in and do something about it. 

Exactly. 

vor 40 Minuten schrieb Genitive:

Yes.

One would assume someone at DE would sit and sort through the megathread, no? Organize it so it makes sense. 

And did you forget there are separate megathreads for separate topics? They don't put everything in one single megathread. There are 13 megathreads in the general feedback section, 4 in the weapons section, 4 in the art section, 3 in the missions section, and 1 in the warframes section.

Please read again, i was talking about merging several threads into one big MegaThread.

I wasnt talking about designated Megathreads created by the DevTeam.

Look at this topic:

Zitat

Some Moderator took all the Topics which have been active at the moment which are somehow related to Scarlet Spear and merged them.

Now you have a wild Mix of complaints about the Rewards, Bugs, Squadlink, Matchmaking and what not.

And again, the posts are not even arranged by the original Topics they come from but by the time they have been made,

so multiple discussion got mixxed into each other as if you are shuffling a set of cards.

When you want to know which cards are in a Set, do you just quickly look through the freshly bought Set while its still sorted,

or do you shuffle the whole Deck and then start counting the Cards while you arrange them again?

9 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Except pretty much all statistics show that the forum community around games is a tiny fraction of the actual playerbase and that's foolhardy to rely on it as a real indicator of a games acceptance in the marketplace.

Not to mention the POV it takes for someone to post here thinking they speak for some large portion of the millions of people that play or played the game.

These posts are those of extremes that do not, in any data I have ever seen, represent the general acceptance of the changes in a game like this, these posts represent only a tiny fraction of the actual population.

No company producing any product can ever please all of the people.

So, this round, that means you are in the portion that is not pleased, and yeah, that can suck, but it does not mean the game ane the player community is going to rip itself apart...that's llama drama.

And, sure, people invest what is often arguably an unhealthy amount of emotional well-being around games like this - that's on them, IMO, not the game runners, they just make games, people have to take personal responcibility, IMO.

2 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

Please read again, i was talking about merging several threads into one big MegaThread.

I wasnt talking about designated Megathreads created by the DevTeam.

Look at this topic:

Some Moderator took all the Topics which have been active at the moment which are somehow related to Scarlet Spear and merged them.

Now you have a wild Mix of complaints about the Rewards, Bugs, Squadlink, Matchmaking and what not.

And again, the posts are not even arranged by the original Topics they come from but by the time they have been made,

so multiple discussion got mixxed into each other as if you are shuffling a set of cards.

When you want to know which cards are in a Set, do you just quickly look through the freshly bought Set while its still sorted,

or do you shuffle the whole Deck and then start counting the Cards while you arrange them again?

DE does this all the time these past couple years. Its so they can act as if there aren't that many complaints about something. They never do this with threads that show a positive point of view of something.

1 minute ago, Zimzala said:

Except pretty much all statistics show that the forum community around games is a tiny fraction of the actual playerbase and that's foolhardy to rely on it as a real indicator of a games acceptance in the marketplace.

Not to mention the POV it takes for someone to post here thinking they speak for some large portion of the millions of people that play or played the game.

These posts are those of extremes that do not, in any data I have ever seen, represent the general acceptance of the changes in a game like this, these posts represent only a tiny fraction of the actual population.

Fair, but of the millions that do still play this game, it would only make sense that the people who DO have access to one part of the content (in this case, SS) would want to go onto public forums and share their opinions and feedback on it, whether it be positive or negative.

2 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

No company producing any product can ever please all of the people.

Obviously. But there's a difference between a service that displeases a little bit of people, and a service that displeases a LOT of people. Patterns can be found in the way people talk about something. If you notice that a lot of people who have access to something, and have seen how that certain something works to the point where they can form feedback about it, have something negative to say 9 times out of 10, then naturally a developer could look at that and say "Oh s***, something's wrong." People will complain about everything, but if a lot of people are ONLY complaining about something, then something's wrong. 

12 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

ome Moderator took all the Topics which have been active at the moment which are somehow related to Scarlet Spear and merged them.

Ok, fair enough. However, I don't think knowing the origins of the posts or even their order is necessary to extract feedback. From the first page of the topic you linked I can already see that one of the biggest complaints is that the new event is too grindy. It is really not that difficult to read through it and make notes on the things that are complained about the most.

As I said, megathreads are not for you to follow the discussion, they are for the devs.

Of course, maybe we could avoid so many merges if people posted in the dedicated megathreads in the first place.

16 hours ago, Zimzala said:

We should really have a way to tag threads as 'Just Salt'.

So, you really think your two solutions are the only ones?

How about accept the reality it's just time to realize that the game is no longer targetted toward you, or even, heaven forbid, just chill out and not worry over bugs in a F2P game and move on with your lfe?

Been playing live games since there have been live games, bugs happen, deal with it, or don't, your choice.

I just don't get the whole "walk into the middle of the town square and scream" thing.

Especially over a video game.

Nobody is right when everybody is wrong.

Compare forum feedback several years ago to the sorry state of forum content now. There's an obvious trend in my eyes here reflective of the overall state of the game. You are correct things change, but what has remained mutable and fixed for so long in this game has done nothing to support its overall health.  The pissing matches of "love DE" or "hate DE" have gained no helpful momentum for at least a couple of years now.

So many times now feedback that should go off topic section hasn't. I don't even want to talk about development itself which is a whole other area of FAIR criticism (or should I say constructive criticism). Short version, I'm not surprised where this game is now. It is what it is, effective communication and focus on effective development was lost a very long time ago. If it ever existed. At some point a happy merging of the audience and DE needed to be lead with DE in the front and it didn't accept as effectively as it could have. I'm not blaming anyone or the devs for that. They have their own intention in mind. I personally would argue those lessons were never learned (just look at it the forum content right now) or moved so slowly that it never was as strong priority in the first place. Which is fine too, but people need to quit arguing who is right or wrong on this "love/hate" DE b.s. on forums. I'm so over it. I come here everyday and lately it just feels like two people in a butter battle, REALLY not all that different from each other meta complaining about why they love or hate DE.

You have no idea how annoying it is to come to forums, see some click bait title or no explanation to the content of the post at all in the header of the topic and then just see some completely trash or irrelevant thread in the feedback section to the game either praising DE or bashing DE with no real substance.

All I'm trying to say is the attitude in the forums has changed a ton from where it used to be and it's old. Lately it's just folks on both sides of the spectrum spewing nonsense that has done nothing for helpful to the game itself. Digest on that for awhile everyone. Perhaps, maybe some of the pessimism people have for the game has to do with the image forum goers present to the neutrals who view this same tit for tat bs over and over on the forums.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

Fair, but of the millions that do still play this game, it would only make sense that the people who DO have access to one part of the content (in this case, SS) would want to go onto public forums and share their opinions and feedback on it, whether it be positive or negative.

Obviously. But there's a difference between a service that displeases a little bit of people, and a service that displeases a LOT of people. Patterns can be found in the way people talk about something. If you notice that a lot of people who have access to something, and have seen how that certain something works to the point where they can form feedback about it, have something negative to say 9 times out of 10, then naturally a developer could look at that and say "Oh s***, something's wrong." People will complain about everything, but if a lot of people are ONLY complaining about something, then something's wrong. 

Again, you imply that an uptick of forum posters complaning represents a large portion of the playerbase though...

And yes, displeasure with the game, objective or subjective, is all great feedback...do you really think the company is not watching or hate their own game, etc.? Do you really think that they do not have their own POV on what works, what does not work, etc.? They have been making money wth it like this for seven years, I bet they have seen all this rage many times and know how to handle it, regardless of if loud forum posters agree with what they do...

But, jumping to conclusions and saying things like it will rip apart the game and the community, the day after it dropped when we all know it won't go smoothly, is a bunch of hyperbole...llama drama.

This whole run into the publis square screaming, tossing out buzz words like White Knight, it's just noise inthe way of the developers actually hearing what's wrong, because it's not coherent, it's just rage post after rage post...

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

Sarcasm aside, this is just another reason that we cannot have actual discourse - this rush to extremes.

It's fine to not like the game, it's fine to complain about the things you don't like, IMO.

But just after a patch drops, if you think making yet another "I am dissapoint" thread is, in any way, constructive when there are real ways to give real feedback, then I have oceanfront property in AZ to sell you.

Sure, people have every right to make frivolous complaint threads ... does not mean they will not get shown for what they are ... why should they be given anything else beyond the same dismissive tones and ridicule they toss out?

It's a game. A free one at that. If it really upsets you, then walk away or buy the company and change things, or post your coherent ideas in the places where they can be constructive...anything else is just forum jousting...

The thing is we don’t need to its simple DE IS dead fair free to play is dead all that’s left is salt. Your kinda doing the pot calling the kettle round. Your criticism is just a cyclical thing that’s just as pointless as salt. Your making more nothing bro and complaining about people complaining. 

The very day and moment I heard that DE is going to be bought by a Chinese company(this was also the release of excalibur umbra) was also the hour that I told my clan:

"Warframe will never be the same warframe we used to love, ever again. For DE will begin to change"

Unfortunately, I was right.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)palebluelight said:

The thing is we don’t need to its simple DE IS dead fair free to play is dead all that’s left is salt. Your kinda doing the pot calling the kettle round. Your criticism is just a cyclical thing that’s just as pointless as salt. Your making more nothing bro and complaining about people complaining. 

I disagree all that's left is salt, it's just that simple.

The game might be dead for you and a bunch of other people, but that does not mean the game is in fact done/dead/finished, it just means it no longer appeals to YOU.

Why do all these players think that DE is responcible for thier happiness?

If you like the product, awesome!

If you no longer like the product, see you next time if you try again, enjoy your next game!

This idea that you are invested in a game to the degree that the game can can become nothing but 'salt' just seems a bit over-the-top.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)palebluelight said:

exactly...this forum is filled with people really no different than each other, I get tired of one side claiming the holier than thou attitude. What's the real priority here? This thread is the perfect example of it.

2 hours ago, Sovyul said:

Basically this^.

Any criticism of DE and their products should be forbidden and auto-deleted by the mods. In case of low mod response time, the players should tell the poster to stop having emotions towards the things he used to like, to have opinions, and he should just bend over and take it next time like a man.

Just want to sweep it under the rug? Pathetic. 

1 hour ago, Tubsie said:

I can find only 2 solutions to this problem that is getting worse: Hire more people since clearly you cannot keep the quality up with your projects.

That somehow is the opposite of what they need right now, it feel more like too many cook and nothing stand out in there

4000 in game hours. I used to LOVE this game and always purchased any cosmetic items and anything that needs real money to match the power of my loadouts.

It’s not just quality issues. It’s quality issues on top of tons of nerfs starting 3 years ago in the PvE game. The game development and its design philosophy is on a wrong path and it shows in rankings of the game and also player count. It climbed to top 5 in 2017-2018. As it is nerfed to the ground, it’s now below top 10. These bad Updates caused the game ranking to tank. They couldn’t see it.

I no longer pay a dime on this game since last October after Update 26. 

5 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

DE doesn't release content in a finished state, and hiring more people doesn't really produce better results when it comes to developing games, especially when part of the problem is inefficient use of resources. May as well throw money in the trash at that point.

All you can do is report issues, and just not participate in new content early. Liches for example, after the first few, I stopped; because I knew they would go through a bunch of changes anyways.

DE allocates too much time, people, and resources to nerf this game. All that could be used to release better contents. 

6 hours ago, Sovyul said:

Any criticism of DE and their products should be forbidden and auto-deleted by the mods.

DE literally asks for feedback and stickies threads in sub-forums for that.

Are you saying that they're doing it wrong and need to stop doing that? Go ahead and prove it, delete your post.

DE have actually been pretty ok about development recently? I guess? I actually like Railjack, once the teething troubles were sorted. The new damage updates and mechanical changes are great, the new mainline system changes are good. Liches....DE kinda dropped the ball on Liches, but I guess we'll see how that system goes in future. Kuva Ogris is one of the most fun weapons I've used in ages, that's a plus. Going a little far back, but I love the Ember rework, and I'm still happy about that. In general, people kvetching about 'content drought' won't find my agreement, I'd rather have delayed good content than rushed content.

Mostly I think DE are just coming in for a bit of kicking at the moment because they're making such an absolute mess of launching Scarlet Spear, to the point that they could almost stand to take it offline for an extra week and do some serious fixing, then just relaunch it and extend the Operation by a few days to make up the time.

I still like the game.  It's just that I also realize that no single game can hold anyone's attention for long.  Which is why after 4+ years I'm playing other games more and WF sparingly.  i still get the inch to binge on WF until I'm happy.  

10 hours ago, Zimzala said:

Sarcasm aside, this is just another reason that we cannot have actual discourse - this rush to extremes.

It's fine to not like the game, it's fine to complain about the things you don't like, IMO.

But just after a patch drops, if you think making yet another "I am dissapoint" thread is, in any way, constructive when there are real ways to give real feedback, then I have oceanfront property in AZ to sell you.

Sure, people have every right to make frivolous complaint threads ... does not mean they will not get shown for what they are ... why should they be given anything else beyond the same dismissive tones and ridicule they toss out?

It's a game. A free one at that. If it really upsets you, then walk away or buy the company and change things, or post your coherent ideas in the places where they can be constructive...anything else is just forum jousting...

Its obvious from how much I see you shilling for Warframe in every post that you haven't been playing the game that long or just haven't played much of it. People who have been playing this game for quite awhile and have done everything but still love this game and want more fun from it have learned from this new operation how little care DE gives for its gameplay. Its extremely grindy, boring, and unrewarding. People are still playing it because they feel the need for completion however this is easily the worst operation they've come out with ever.