Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Used to really like this game

Tubsie

And since the last 3 years, it has progressively gotten worse and worse. Broken in alpha state basically: Liches, Railjack and now even an operation? And before everyone is "But oh no it's the virus!". Yeah well how do you explain it when nobody had even heard of the virus? I'm so fed up with Warframe and it's constant lack of quality that just gets worse and worse. Bigger projects, longer waiting times, and even then it's just buggy mess that comes out. And this Scarlet Spear.... more like "Operation: Alpha-testing the Squad Link for future". Scores don't add up, people losing points or not getting them.... instances showing the murex numbers are wrong.... the same model used for multiple NPCs in the relay is missing half a head and just plain white eyes.... and who knows what else.

I can find only 2 solutions to this problem that is getting worse: Hire more people since clearly you cannot keep the quality up with your projects.

Or then you really.... REALLY, need to take your time with the updates to make them work as intended, or at least very close to it.

I know I'll be doing another event in another game that actually works and has better rewards than "grind your brain out to buy some arcanes".

Only thing I'm looking forward to is the story quest.... and sadly I'll also expect it to be so buggy that there are some progression stoppers most likely.

Edit: Scarlet Spear released on March 24. Scoring fixed on April 2nd, after 10 days in total. I doubt this was just a math problem.... but it should not take 10 days to fix it.

Edited by Tubsie
  • Like 74

DE doesn't release content in a finished state, and hiring more people doesn't really produce better results when it comes to developing games, especially when part of the problem is inefficient use of resources. May as well throw money in the trash at that point.

All you can do is report issues, and just not participate in new content early. Liches for example, after the first few, I stopped; because I knew they would go through a bunch of changes anyways.

• Like 6

We should really have a way to tag threads as 'Just Salt'.

So, you really think your two solutions are the only ones?

How about accept the reality it's just time to realize that the game is no longer targetted toward you, or even, heaven forbid, just chill out and not worry over bugs in a F2P game and move on with your lfe?

Been playing live games since there have been live games, bugs happen, deal with it, or don't, your choice.

I just don't get the whole "walk into the middle of the town square and scream" thing.

Especially over a video game.

Edited by Zimzala
words are hard
  • Like 18

7 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

How about accept the reality it's just time to realize that the game is no longer targetted toward you, or even, heaven forbid, just chill out and not worry over bugs in a F2P game and move on with your lfe?

Being playing live games since there have been live games, bug happen, deal with it, or don't, your choice.

I just don't get the whole "walk into the middle of the town square and scream" thing.

Basically this^.

Any criticism of DE and their products should be forbidden and auto-deleted by the mods. In case of low mod response time, the players should tell the poster to stop having emotions towards the things he used to like, to have opinions, and he should just bend over and take it next time like a man.

• Like 42

On 2020-03-25 at 10:43 AM, Tubsie said:

And since the last 3 years, it has progressively gotten worse and worse. Broken in alpha state basically: Liches, Railjack and now even an operation? And before everyone is "But oh no it's the virus!". Yeah well how do you explain it when nobody had even heard of the virus? I'm so fed up with Warframe and it's constant lack of quality that just gets worse and worse. Bigger projects, longer waiting times, and even then it's just buggy mess that comes out. And this Scarlet Spear.... more like "Operation: Alpha-testing the Squad Link for future". Scores don't add up, people losing points or not getting them.... instances showing the murex numbers are wrong.... the same model used for multiple NPCs in the relay is missing half a head and just plain white eyes.... and who knows what else.

I can find only 2 solutions to this problem that is getting worse: Hire more people since clearly you cannot keep the quality up with your projects.

Or then you really.... REALLY, need to take your time with the updates to make them work as intended, or at least very close to it.

I know I'll be doing another event in another game that actually works and has better rewards than "grind your brain out to buy some arcanes".

Only thing I'm looking forward to is the story quest.... and sadly I'll also expect it to be so buggy that there are some progression stoppers most likely.

Warframe has been like this from the beginning. It's no different than any other early alpha/early access game where the devs aren't capable of making a complete, polished product. But there is way too much kissing up to DE on these forums and too much worship of DE on Twitter for DE to ever produce anything higher quality.

On 2020-03-25 at 11:10 AM, Sovyul said:

Basically this^.

Any criticism of DE and their products should be forbidden and auto-deleted by the mods. In case of low mod response time, the players should tell the poster to stop having emotions towards the things he used to like, to have opinions, and he should just bend over and take it next time like a man.

I wonder if he/she will recognize your sarcasm.

On 2020-03-25 at 11:00 AM, Yamazuki said:

DE doesn't release content in a finished state, and hiring more people doesn't really produce better results when it comes to developing games, especially when part of the problem is inefficient use of resources. May as well throw money in the trash at that point.

All you can do is report issues, and just not participate in new content early. Liches for example, after the first few, I stopped; because I knew they would go through a bunch of changes anyways.

Hiring more people certainly won't produce better results if they are at the same skill level as DE's current developers. DE needs to hire more highly skilled devs, but I could imagine most highly-skilled devs aren't looking to work at DE but at mainstream AAA dev studios.

EDIT: I want DE to get better, though. I still believe Warframe, with its lore, has the potential to rival something like Star Wars. But DE has to want higher quality for their game. They have to want their game to be more than just a mediocre RNG-plagued grind fest. They have to create a game that is high quality and attract developers and artists who want to work for a high-quality studio. They have to care about players having a fun, engaging, and immersive gameplay experience and not about stringing players along with grindy, RNG-heavy systems built on FOMO and shallow gameplay systems. They have to be willing to put quality into everything they do, including their art and animation work (which, in the case of the art, has been lower quality ever since Mynki left, and in the case of animations, has been lower quality for all 7 years of WF's history until Elise came on board). And that includes old art and animation as well as the new stuff they make. DE has to start embracing high quality and not mediocrity.

Edited by TheGildedOni
Can't believe I spelled "hire" wrong. lol
  • Like 9

Just now, Sovyul said:

Basically this^.

Sarcasm aside, this is just another reason that we cannot have actual discourse - this rush to extremes.

It's fine to not like the game, it's fine to complain about the things you don't like, IMO.

But just after a patch drops, if you think making yet another "I am dissapoint" thread is, in any way, constructive when there are real ways to give real feedback, then I have oceanfront property in AZ to sell you.

Sure, people have every right to make frivolous complaint threads ... does not mean they will not get shown for what they are ... why should they be given anything else beyond the same dismissive tones and ridicule they toss out?

It's a game. A free one at that. If it really upsets you, then walk away or buy the company and change things, or post your coherent ideas in the places where they can be constructive...anything else is just forum jousting...

• Like 13

hace 13 minutos, Zimzala dijo:

Been playing live games since there have been live games, bugs happen, deal with it, or don't, your choice.

So you are actually defending this trash quality. They are getting paid for releasing a totally broke content. Going on stream and scamming people (cause this is a scam) telling them how they are going to release a great update. Please buy more platinum, we deserve it.

• Like 34

29 minutes ago, Tubsie said:

Don't mind others. Apparently they are incapable of even seeing the problems the game has, or at least coming up with their "better" ideas to counter yours or at least give some real arguments. They see your post as a S#&$ post, but actually i think it's actually the other way around.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Travis05 said:

So you are actually defending this trash quality. They are getting paid for releasing a totally broke content. Going on stream and scamming people (cause this is a scam) telling them how they are going to release a great update. Please buy more platinum, we deserve it.

I am defending nothing but reasonable discourse.

The salty rantings of players deserve to be met with the same tone they toss out, IMO.

Give real feedback, get disussion.

Toss salt, it gets ground up and tossed back.

Simple equation.

If some of the posters could get out of this 'with us or against us' binary attitude, a whole lot of things in this world would benefit.

• Like 16

22 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

Basically this^.

I've been there. I used to play Tribes Ascend, really liked that game. Then HiRez did their usual thing and screwed it up with a long streak of poor choices.

I was sad. Angry, even. I was about to write a long, emotional rant about it on Reddit. Then I took a good look at my text, erased it and decided to unceremoniously uninstall the game and move on.

You know why? Because I realized that drama-ridden rants matter absolutely f*ck-all. If they didn't pay any mind to your actual feedback, they sure as hell are not going care about your emotional outbursts either.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Pr1A said:

I've been there. I used to play Tribes Ascend, really liked that game. Then HiRez did their usual thing and screwed it up with a long string of poor choices.

I was sad. Angry, even. I was about to write a long, emotional rant about it on Reddit. Then I took a good look at my text, erased it and decided to unceremoniously uninstall the game and move on.

You know why? Because I realized that drama-ridden rants matter absolutely f*ck-all. If they didn't pay any mind to your actual feedback, they sure as hell are not going care about your emotional outbursts either.

Played Tribes from the first day the first one dropped.

Was very sad to un-install as well.

• Like 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Zimzala:

But just after a patch drops, if you think making yet another "I am dissapoint" thread is, in any way, constructive when there are real ways to give real feedback, then I have oceanfront property in AZ to sell you.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Zimzala:

I totally get where you are coming from, and usually i would agree.

But you can watch what happens to the "real feedback" these days and see where it ends up.

It gets merged with all the useless rant discussion into one big Megathread no person can ever understand when reading through it.

So, why would you take you time (giving good feedback takes a lot of time), when in the end your work ends up in a Megathread and will never be seen again?

(Ps: To this day i tried to give constructive feedback, i have a 3 pages long feedback topic about the OpenWorlds sitting in the Feedback section, and i tried to give feedback about Squadlink while also asking question about it i meant serious just to see it getting merged into a Thread with now 600 replies in which 500 are (justified) Rants about the Rewards.

Seriously, im done with putting time into giving "real" feedback...

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, DreisterDino said:

It gets merged with all the useless rant discussion into one big Megathread no person can ever understand when reading through it.

These megathreads are not for us. They are for the devs and it is easier to have one big thread with all the feedback, rather than look through hundreds of threads hoping you find something constructive.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I am defending nothing but reasonable discourse.

The salty rantings of players deserve to be met with the same tone they toss out, IMO.

Toss salt, it gets ground up and tossed back.

Simple equation.

If some of the posters could get out of this 'with us or against us' binary attitude, a whole lot of things in this world would benefit.

Yeah I can get behind that. But then again, when I gave actual feedback regarding Melee 3.0, I just got told to like it or f*ck off, so there's that, we always end up on the "don't like it, don't play it" page. Or the commonly used "this is in the game right now, this is what you should like". The drones (not you) just don't seem to understand that salt exists because salties like the game, but don't like certain features in it.

And despite all the salt and feedback, this will happen anyway:

12 minutes ago, Pr1A said:

I've been there. I used to play Tribes Ascend, really liked that game. Then HiRez did their usual thing and screwed it up with a long string of poor choices.

So in the end, it all comes down to just venting.

• Like 4

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Genitive:

These megathreads are not for us. They are for the devs and it is easier to have one big thread with all the feedback, rather than look through hundreds of threads hoping you find something constructive.

No.

How is it easier if Topics about Rewards, Bugs, the Gameplay and other Various things get merged into 1 Thread?

Keep this in mind: While merging, all posts get sorted by the time they have been made, which means that that all previous discussions get pulled apart and mixed randomly, there is no way of telling who responded to who and so on. Its just a mess. Do me a favour and go to the Megathread and try to sort out who is talking to who and what belongs to what topic and then come back and tell me it is easier for the Devs.

Edited by DreisterDino

12 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

This^

Why waste time and try to make the game better when we are not heard anyway. And its not the minority anymore. You just have to look how "aktiv" the people are in this event (or more like the 2 missions).

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

No.

How is it easier if Topics about Rewards, Bugs, the Gameplay and other Various things get merged into 1 Thread?

Keep this in mind: While merging, all posts get sorted by the time they have been made, which means that that all previous discussions get pulled apart and mixed randomly, there is no way of telling who responded to who and so on. Its just a mess. Do me a favour and go to the Megathread and try to sort out who is talking to who and what belongs to what topic and then come back and tell me it is easier for the Devs.

Yes.

One would assume someone at DE would sit and sort through the megathread, no? Organize it so it makes sense. 

And did you forget there are separate megathreads for separate topics? They don't put everything in one single megathread. There are 13 megathreads in the general feedback section, 4 in the weapons section, 4 in the art section, 3 in the missions section, and 1 in the warframes section.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, DerGreif2 said:

Why waste time and try to make the game better when we are not heard anyway.

If that's how you see things, the answer should be obvious: don't.

33 minutes ago, DreisterDino said:

And that's fine.

24 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

So in the end, it all comes down to just venting.

IMO, it's just another thing that too many here have not learned - these forums are just for venting.

IMO, it's biggest charade around - game companies getting the masses to think they help mold the game...that cool thing you thought they should make that came out a month later? ... Yeah that had been in the pipe for a while, but now they can say "based on player feedback"...

This has been a reality of game forums since there have been game forums.

Sure, there are actaul bright people who give ideas the developers probably never though of and incorporate, but teh masses are not guiding the development.

Good feedback is still important for tweaking things and to let the company where they failed or succeeded, but that is in terms of what the company thinks happened, not what the forums think happened.

Not that I have any experience in software development or any contacts in game companies or anything ... 😉 

• Like 2

Why are so many people such a pushover for DE. This is what feedback is for, whether its negative or positive. People will express their own opinions in their own way, although there are extremes to certain ways of expressions I will say that. People get their panties in a wad over some salt. So what? Man up if you can't take the salt and just move on or just go ahead and throw it back like a toddler. As long as no threats are being made, and no extremes are taken, people have a right to voice their concerns both good or bad. DE needs the feedback and criticism as long as its in a civil manner. How else do you learn from your mistakes or know what needs to be fixed or taken off all together?

People loved the game at one point and now some of the people who used to play or still play, don't. DE is having to cater and adapt to new players. Warframe is not what it used to be, and I don't believe it will ever come back and that's fine. Some people will accept that and some people won't. Everyone is going to be different. Just because someone throws out some salt that annoys us or you don't agree with it, does not mean we can just discount them. Whether it's in regards to just released buggy content or not. DE knows the name of the game and so should the rest of us. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

Why are so many people such a pushover for DE. This is what feedback is for, whether its negative or positive. People will express their own opinions in their own way, although there are extremes to certain ways of expressions I will say that. People get their panties in a wad over some salt. So what? Man up if you can't take the salt and just move on or just go ahead and throw it back like a toddler. As long as no threats are being made, and no extremes are taken, people have a right to voice their concerns both good or bad. DE needs the feedback and criticism as long as its in a civil manner. How else do you learn from your mistakes or know what needs to be fixed or taken off all together?

People loved the game at one point and now some of the people who used to play or still play, don't. DE is having to cater and adapt to new players. Warframe is not what it used to be, and I don't believe it will ever come back and that's fine. Some people will accept that and some people won't. Everyone is going to be different. Just because someone throws out some salt that annoys us or you don't agree with it, does not mean we can just discount them. Whether it's in regards to just released buggy content or not. DE knows the name of the game and so should the rest of us. 

Ah, the old 'man up' - just too much testosterone, I see.

• Like 4