Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tubsie

Used to really like this game

I think this game is suffering from the same problem star citizen has, they want to do too much and they also lost their focus and conection with what the playerbase thinks the game is for, they said on a stream this game was just more for relaxing and spend some free time, but how these massive grinds are relaxing for some spare time when it requires multiple hours to get something good and once you get it then you one shoot entire hallways and everything becames more monotone than euro truck simulator? why it seems that everyone has an idea of where the game should go but then de devs move further away from that?

58 minutes ago, Arch_Prime said:

Its obvious from how much I see you shilling for Warframe in every post that you haven't been playing the game that long or just haven't played much of it. People who have been playing this game for quite awhile and have done everything but still love this game and want more fun from it have learned from this new operation how little care DE gives for its gameplay. Its extremely grindy, boring, and unrewarding. People are still playing it because they feel the need for completion however this is easily the worst operation they've come out with ever.

yeah compared to plague star were you could easily get new zaws and a ton of cetus wisps this is to much

Thread cleaned.

If you guys suspect someone from trolling, it's better to not reply. Just hit report button and move on. Replying to the troll just turns the thread into an absolute mess.

12 hours ago, Tubsie said:

Bigger projects, longer waiting times, and even then it's just buggy mess that comes out. And this Scarlet Spear.... more like "Operation: Alpha-testing the Squad Link for future"

And you expect a whole new system will work on day one? I myself played the operation and it ran smoothly without problem and honestly, DE is one team that I put my trust on for testing new grounds instead of making the same thing over and over again.

So tell me, is there any game out there that tries as much as warframe does instead of sticking to the same formula on every update and event?

Hire more people since clearly you cannot keep the quality up with your projects.

And what will make more people means better quality?

REALLY, need to take your time with the updates to make them work as intended, or at least very close to it.

And there's always CoNtEnT dRoUgHt thread whenever something is delayed for any reason

13 hours ago, Tubsie said:

I know I'll be doing another event in another game that actually works and has better rewards than "grind your brain out to buy some arcanes".

I would like to know what event in another game you're talking about that isn't "grind your brain out to whatever"

11 hours ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

But when the developers stop making the video game fun to play, and they end up not listening to what the community has to offer, for example, in the case of how the game could be made fun to play

What do you see as fun? Zero grind with rewards served to you on a silver plate? One run and you get everything? What is it?

2 hours ago, Arch_Prime said:

Its obvious from how much I see you shilling for Warframe in every post that you haven't been playing the game that long or just haven't played much of it. People who have been playing this game for quite awhile and have done everything but still love this game and want more fun from it have learned from this new operation how little care DE gives for its gameplay. Its extremely grindy, boring, and unrewarding. People are still playing it because they feel the need for completion however this is easily the worst operation they've come out with ever.

This is the thing, what do you see as fun and rewarding? And saying someone hasn't been playing the game that long is jumping to conclusion. What if I tell you I've played from 2014 with zero break, and I'm still enjoying warframe through all changes and even enjoying this operation for the gameplay itself? Deploying OpLink for railjack crew and vice versa? The fight itself if fun and the rewards are good? Are you going to say I haven't been playing that long or just haven't played much of it?

21 minutes ago, 844448 said:

This is the thing, what do you see as fun and rewarding? And saying someone hasn't been playing the game that long is jumping to conclusion. What if I tell you I've played from 2014 with zero break, and I'm still enjoying warframe through all changes and even enjoying this operation for the gameplay itself? Deploying OpLink for railjack crew and vice versa? The fight itself if fun and the rewards are good? Are you going to say I haven't been playing that long or just haven't played much of it?

Id ask you what your MR is at and see if you just play the game in spurts of 1 hour a week or if you purposely use trash frames to make it more challenging for yourself? Like go in with mesa, smash the eye, kill everything else, sit around. Its extremely basic and boring for extremely weak rewards. You also have to do this on repeat for many hours of brain melting boring ass. In what world is this enjoyable to you? Deploying oplink is literally just making the giant sentient go away then throwing an item on the ground and protecting it. Its mobile defense with some extra steps and none of them being challenging.

40 minutes ago, Arch_Prime said:

Id ask you what your MR is at and see if you just play the game in spurts of 1 hour a week or if you purposely use trash frames to make it more challenging for yourself? Like go in with mesa, smash the eye, kill everything else, sit around. Its extremely basic and boring for extremely weak rewards. You also have to do this on repeat for many hours of brain melting boring ass. In what world is this enjoyable to you? Deploying oplink is literally just making the giant sentient go away then throwing an item on the ground and protecting it. Its mobile defense with some extra steps and none of them being challenging.

And what does MR bring in this case? Even a total newbie can reach MR 28 in 28 days just from making all things and leech exp in hydron so it has little meaning in it

Play time? An hour or two every night to blast enemies to the void and bring nezha for multiple role in one package

Fun? I find doing genocide against the grineer fun so what do you see as fun?

Challenging? I'm building my power to be on top and not struggling against some random enlarged guys as elites and what do you see as "challenging"? Besides, what can mortals do against us tenno?

12 hours ago, Arch_Prime said:

So you now somehow understand why every player plays the game and I do not?

Really?

This update, like virtually every update to every live game in my lifetime, has been called the worst ever...I guess it is, in fact, possibe that each one, for every live game, has gotten worse...but that all depends upon the success criteria used.

This game has gained players over the years when most games lose them.

The company seems to be profitable and continues to produce the game.

This seems like a succesful enterprise from my POV.

The entire idea that the game company does not care about the game is laughable.

You and many others are upset because the game company does not focus on the things you think are important and does not judge it's success or failure by your definitions.

No one is forcing anyone to play the game...if you really think it's all just compusive completionists...then you are living in a very small bubble, IMO.

PS: WF is just another game I play, I don't treat any of them like RL, they are games.

2 hours ago, Zimzala said:

So you now somehow understand why every player plays the game and I do not?

Really?

This update, like virtually every update to every live game in my lifetime, has been called the worst ever...I guess it is, in fact, possibe that each one, for every live game, has gotten worse...but that all depends upon the success criteria used.

This game has gained players over the years when most games lose them.

The company seems to be profitable and continues to produce the game.

This seems like a succesful enterprise from my POV.

The entire idea that the game company does not care about the game is laughable.

You and many others are upset because the game company does not focus on the things you think are important and does not judge it's success or failure by your definitions.

No one is forcing anyone to play the game...if you really think it's all just compusive completionists...then you are living in a very small bubble, IMO.

PS: WF is just another game I play, I don't treat any of them like RL, they are games.

DE lost money over the last year. This game is not as successful as you claim it to be. Go look at Leyou's financial reports.

23 hours ago, TheGildedOni said:

DE lost money over the last year. This game is not as successful as you claim it to be. Go look at Leyou's financial reports.

Yes I have read that data.

Last year seems to have been a dip, gaining players and losing money.

That is never a good thing, but I work for companies that have good years and bad years and they are still in business.

It's this idea that the whole company will fail just because there are players that don't like an addition to the game that I find funny.

I have seen it on all Live Game forums for years and years...even this one has had the naysayers claiming it will die each release.

So yes, last years profit took a hit, I read that after I posted, but I still don't see the level of doom and gloom the game-company-hating forum posters see.

If so many of these players really think the game is dying and they also seem to hate what they call wasting time in the game, why do they still play...it's just silly.

For now, the game is obviously still alive, still putting out new stuff, so it seems pretty successful to me, when some many others in that 7 years have come and gone already.

DE has proven they have a game that draws some serious crowds and can keep them around for 1k's of hours. I don't think they're going anywhere, anytime soon. Companies will see good years and bad years all around. You see what works and you see what doesn't, and you move on from there. 

On 2020-03-26 at 5:08 AM, 844448 said:

What do you see as fun? Zero grind with rewards served to you on a silver plate? One run and you get everything? What is it?

From one extreme to the other, a man who only sees the extremes and nothing in between, the extreme-man joins the thread

I took a 10 month break from WF and only came back a few weeks ago, and let me tell you, I can hardly recognize these forums. Before I quit, most people were on DE's side. You'd actually get shunned to some extent if you criticized them too much. Now it seems like it's the exact opposite, being against them is the norm around here. I mean, I'm trying to understand what was the straw that broke the camel's back, but it doesn't make sense to me.

I know the narrative is that Liches followed by Railjack and now Scarlet Spear were all big updates that bombed because people thought they were far too buggy, grindy, etc. But again, that doesn't make much sense to me. This just seems like DE operating as usual to me. Except maybe this time the fails happened one after another instead of scattered a bit more in between more stable updates. I mean, PoE was SUPER buggy and grindy when it launched, and yet it was pretty well received overall. People gave DE time and in 1 or 2 weeks the worst bugs had been fixed. The grind remained for MONTHS until they redid the economy and made it better. Fortuna had a more stable launch than PoE, but it was more of the same. Basically PoE 2.0, but bigger, more streamlined and with corpus. Railjack was super experimental and broke away from the core gameplay, and people hate it in its current iteration (with good reason, I tried it and it sucks), but the same happened to archwing and Lunaro to cite two examples.  

I understand Liches sucked really hard on launch, I read about it, but honestly, playing it now after all the fixes and changes, it's a really damn good system. In fact it's one of my favorite things to do in WF atm, and this is coming from someone who's usually jaded and burnt out from the game (I did quit for almost a year). Scarlet Spear has a very questionable reward structure, but the actual missions and gameplay are fun IMO, and a few days post launch it's feeling a lot better to play. 

I mean, I don't know. What's different now? Maybe it was all the Tennocon hype and promises that weren't delivered in the end? Too much false advertisement? Trying to understand. 

This is why.

The difference is, there is no difference on the last events and content where DE stated the would want to lower the grind.

6 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

This just seems like DE operating as usual to me.

Maybe we don't want it to be the usual anymore. Maybe the community is sick and tired of DE being too ambitious in trying to add something game-changing to Warframe with every mainline. Maybe we need the developers to slow down, fix what needs fixing, and buff current systems like Liches and Railjack into the content that they promised us for not one but TWO Tennogens in a row. Maybe they need to start treating the PC players like players, and not like bug-testers who, in this very strange and trying time, just want to find some entertainment in their lives with this game that, while I still hold to a high standard, has started letting people down more often than not.

It's time to stop. It's time to slow down, and backpedal. And it's time for change.

I think a lot of players are either old or returning players. As time goes on, Warframe convinces less and less new players to join in, and we see the return of old players jumping back in to see the same thing that turned them away in the first place. Remember when Warframe was in its early stages, we had tons of players coming in from Destiny/ Destiny 2 coming in saying "wow, this game is fresh new and has tons of content!", now those players are old players seeing what warframe is really like and the content update isnt far from how those games update.

I feel like now its a never ending cycle, now with more and more cynics coming out of the woodworks and more of a backing behind them now. Each new update jades out a section of the player base, now with a newfound voice and backing behind them after all these years of other players feeling secluded.

The increase of grind and overall decline of "fun" every patch since Fortuna part 2 has the put this game on a steady decline, every patch makes you hate the negatives of the next patch even more which has lead to immense anger, people are going past breaking point and no longer deem constructive criticism effective since DE never listen, and when they do they pull shady crap to undermine the entire patch (AOE blanket nerfs, nerfing weapons that never had self damage, Arcane nerfs implemented solely for this event)

People are getting tired of DE's crap, this event pushed people over the edge and they are making it known, if this continues we will reach Fallout 76 levels of customer revolt, can you believe the Railjack patch was 2 years in the making?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)LeBlingKing:

Maybe we don't want it to be the usual anymore. Maybe the community is sick and tired of DE being too ambitious in trying to add something game-changing to Warframe with every mainline. Maybe we need the developers to slow down, fix what needs fixing, and buff current systems like Liches and Railjack into the content that they promised us for not one but TWO Tennogens in a row. Maybe they need to start treating the PC players like players, and not like bug-testers who, in this very strange and trying time, just want to find some entertainment in their lives with this game that, while I still hold to a high standard, has started letting people down more often than not.

It's time to stop. It's time to slow down, and backpedal. And it's time for change.

Not just that, even more recent things like Fortuna and Cetus, minor bugs existing aswell for almost over one year and longer, i am not mad at DE trying alot and new stuff will of course have bugs, we are used to it, but it should not be to such extend with such big announced events and we should expect that older stuff be at lest fixed to some extend aswell before they make such big leaps.

On top of seemingly false promises, and i not talk about the arcana which get added later and can be debatable on its own, but like Railjack beiing more then just a bigger Archwing map and Lichs having there own ships and were suppsoed to be more then a loot pinata. I rememebr times when there trailers actually shown what you can do in game, now they blown into this Triple A company like all the others basically.

That is what saddens and upsets me and other people simply, why they are angry and lost there trust by now.

1 minute ago, Marine027 said:

On top of seemingly false promises, and i not talk about the arcana which get added later and can be debatable on its own, but like Railjack beiing more then just a bigger Archwing map and Lichs having there own ships and were suppsoed to be more then a loot pinata. I rememebr times when there trailers actually shown waht you can do in game, now they blown int othis Triple A company like all the others basically.

I understand your pain, and I share your suffering. The entire point of both Liches and Railjack were to be integrated with the entire game. Instead we got small islands of content, all there under Warframe, but all separate from each other content-wise. Requiem Mods serve no other purpose than to deal with Liches, and as for Railjack, they have their own system of mods, EXP, and weapons, which means that no matter how far you are into the base game, you're forced to start from scratch.

I'm holding out hope that these will be looked at along the line. I've waited several years, I can wait several more. If the game lasts that long, that is.

1 minute ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing said:

I've waited several years, I can wait several more. If the game lasts that long, that is.

I've been going strong for 6 years, coming up to 7.

How long will you last?

the last 3 or 4 features DE has pushed out have either been ultra buggy or just completely underwhelming in terms of delivery.  what's really going on here? with the current event, you really wonder what DE is thinking.  how to annoy the player base to quit playing their game or force arbitrary grind on the masses.  rail jack is a pile of garbage, liches an underdeveloped mess, and now this.... the event we've all been waiting for, turned out to be another anti fun, none intuitive, obviously none tested mess.  I logged on today, went to the event station to find a game to play.  guess what? no parties can be detected. tried a few more different stations, all said the same thing. logged off.  this is not it DE lol.  stop biting off more than you can chew.

1 minute ago, -BG-StormFighter117 said:

I've been going strong for 6 years, coming up to 7.

How long will you last?

As long as the game grants me the patience to. I've been through hell and back with this game, and it's still one of my favorites to this day. Four years strong.

I'm not worried how long I'll last, the worry is that how long I'll last depends on how long this game plans on giving me reasons to come back.

Liches were just RNG on top of RNG for a weapon that you most likely wanted nothing to do with all tied up into a 3-5 hour grind fest.

Railjack has numerous issues ranging from bugs, excessive resource grind, RNG stats on weapons.

Scarlet Spear is just a broken mess that doesn’t work. As well as the rewards being massively overpriced. Which sucks because it actually looked fun on the devstream. 

DE has always hard an issue with balancing fun and grind, but it feels like they just made a massive push towards making everything super grindy and it’s honestly ruining the experience.

Also now the Forum Moderators a regularly taking down any remotely negative criticism of anything in what I can only assume is censorship to make the backlash seem less intense than what it really is. Which just kind of communicates to the players that unless you post a “Keep up the good work” post you’re likely to be silenced. Effectively creating a hostile environment towards the forum users.

I personally blame Revenants inclusion for all of this.