Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Initial Impression So Far

Methanoid

only been playing for a few days but so far i quite like this, my last sci-fi space type online multiplayer game was mass effect 3, lots to do, but getting pretty aged now theres no updates so this game came as a nice refreshing surprise when i accidentally came across a review for it.

my fave class in me3 was infiltrators which kinda made me gravitate towards loki after the tutorial, after seeing my fellow teammates smashing everything to pieces in seconds i kinda wish i'd taken 1 of the other 2 and was a bit sad to find i couldnt "reset/restart" which was a shame, but ive stuck with it so far and loki isnt bad, he just seems to lack the sharp teeth the others have with regards to destructive power.

overall this actually reminds me of "Rengoku II Stairway to HEAVEN" on the PSP, or at least the frames/models resemble them, its a shame this game doesnt have the wealth of body parts and weapons to go with it or it would rank as best game ever imho.

My only gripe now is that im starting to want to buy blueprints to make new weapons and after consulting the wiki i'm actually pretty confused, my noob rifle actually seems pretty decent now its stuffed full of mods and its very accurate, after reading some wiki info i cant actually tell whats an upgrade or downgrade given that some weapons seem to have a rather large list of downsides to accompany their good points.

Its a shame theres not a sort of "try before you aquire" sort of system on a mock target range or something because im dreading either wasting lots of time/resources on something ultimately no use to how i play, its whats also stopping me aquiring platinum as again i dont want to waste cash on the vast unknown.

I cant even tell from my teammates what weapons are as most big kills i see come from powers not weapons, also i do like the noob rifle and there doesnt seem to be any upgraded allround superior version of it with the same kind of accuracy/rof/range/etc, i think the "normal" version of the noob rifle you can buy has far worse accuracy than the noob version?

No matter, apart from not being able to tell a decent upgrade on any weapon what i do like are the missions, the sheer variety of them, the minor stuff like terminal hacking, varied different enemies, needing teammates help to open doors and many other features that are very enjoyable so far.

Also are there any decent newbie guides kicking around that are "in-date", i did watch some youtube stuff but a lot of those vids had people bouncing around with kickass gear/mods and didnt seem very starter friendly.

Only thing left is the wish 1 day for a plentiful variety of Rengoku II style swappable frame/body parts, and maybe a tiny addition to the tutorial to maybe include stuff like the foundry, i played a whole 2 days before even noticing it or knowing wth it was even for.

In order of appearing:

Loki isnt that bad - its a frame that should focus on invisibility and melee weapons. Hitting monsters when you are invis gives you MASSIVE damage boost. Also decoy works wonders for grouping enemies. Powers work well against low (and mid) level enemies, in endgame against hardest oponents you will rely mostly on weapons, so the bigger damage = the better,

Buy weapons for the looks/check wiki - most of them are at least decent, only few are horribad (but bad weapons are cheap to make, so meh, who cares). Even if you buy bad wapon - max it, s it gives you mastery points.

Basic rifle (braton) can be upgraded to "braton prime" - you will get it by farming orokin void later on.

If you dont want to waste platinum, thereare only 2 things you should buy: weapon slots and frame slots. Ofc you could get new colours or scarves (neat looks), but the rest of the items can be found in game. No need to pay for weapons, unless you absolutely want to be 1st one to get them or you have too much money :P

Normal version of noob gun has higher recoil IIRC butmuch better DPS. Its one of better starting weapons in the game IMO.

Just get the weapons you like, not the "op" ones. There are few very good ones (soma for example) but most of them when maxed will get the job done. Its usually about maxing the levels/using mods rather than picking proper gun.

So what you're saying is that you did barely any research about how things work or what you should do and are upset that you have many options?

from my understanding the game is beta so ever changing, i always find it best to jump in and have a go, typically if you mess up you just restart after gaining some knowledge/experience.

nothing wrong with options, im just finding it hard to see a clear upgrade path.

In order of appearing:

Loki isnt that bad - its a frame that should focus on invisibility and melee weapons. Hitting monsters when you are invis gives you MASSIVE damage boost. Also decoy works wonders for grouping enemies. Powers work well against low (and mid) level enemies, in endgame against hardest oponents you will rely mostly on weapons, so the bigger damage = the better,

Buy weapons for the looks/check wiki - most of them are at least decent, only few are horribad (but bad weapons are cheap to make, so meh, who cares). Even if you buy bad wapon - max it, s it gives you mastery points.

Basic rifle (braton) can be upgraded to "braton prime" - you will get it by farming orokin void later on.

If you dont want to waste platinum, thereare only 2 things you should buy: weapon slots and frame slots. Ofc you could get new colours or scarves (neat looks), but the rest of the items can be found in game. No need to pay for weapons, unless you absolutely want to be 1st one to get them or you have too much money :P

Normal version of noob gun has higher recoil IIRC butmuch better DPS. Its one of better starting weapons in the game IMO.

Just get the weapons you like, not the "op" ones. There are few very good ones (soma for example) but most of them when maxed will get the job done. Its usually about maxing the levels/using mods rather than picking proper gun.

ah so the noob rifle is still useful later on, good, atm i still like it, im kinda weak if im unable to pop a decoy i prefer some range between me and the fireworks so the noob rifle is perfect for how im playing atm, as for the extra damage when invis, i think i read thats only for melee?  ive used that sometimes but keep wondering if everything doesnt die do i really want to uncloak in the middle of the leftovers.

crafted the dual heat blades last night so got those to level up now, they seem kinda ok so far, ill see about crafting the cheaper weapons then, see how they go, as you said i still get something useful for them even if i dont stick using them which is handy.  Weapons wise im still nto sure for later tho, i kinda feel after reading the wiki that my loki needs something full auto for when/if im swarmed, thats when i tend to have trouble so picking a short burst weapon or slow sniper doesnt seem ideal (thats how i see it in my head at least).

again the wiki is useful for weapon data but because of the wealth of info the listed disadvantages sometimes put me off, at first glance i was thinking of trying the burston, boltor or hind, got plenty of time i suppose to try them all.

cheers for the info all.

I think i explained it wrong way. MK1-braton: get it to level 30 and sell. Braton - its good weapon for a while, but you will find better stuff. Braton prime can be found way later in the game (its quite hard to get all parts) but it is the strongest of the series. Thats what i meant as an upgrade - the next weapon from the series.

Invis yeh - only melee. But if you decloak, just spam invis again. With proper mods on warframe, you will keep invis for quite long time and will be able to recast it often.

Hind is cool but if host is laggy it loses a lot of damage. Burston is mediocre (hind is also burst weapon but way better). Boltor was very good weapon for a long time, ther are better now but boltor should still work OK.

As for weapons: i usually carry one maxed (or almost maxed) weapon and 2 weaker ones, that im actually exping.