Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lich Weapons upgrade change for mastery

Lazarow

I will try keeping it short.

Kuva weapons are speacial, they can go to rank 40 with 5 forma. 5 forma per weapon is expensive(it has been said many times by others too) for some players who dont have a lot of forma. The problem here is forma takes about a day to finish crafting which means I need 5 days of forma crafting to get the forma needed for the weapon. 

Now I was looking for a reasonable way to make things easier but still fair for the upgrade. Instead of forma we use Detonite Injectors to upgrade the weapon. I was thinking 2 Injectors for 2 levels so a total of 10 needed for the 10 levels. Yes this is not a lot of resource you may say but there is also a catch, when using Detonite Injectors we only get the extra mod capacity not a formad slot and the option to forma it will still be available if the player is planing to build the weapon. The forma technique will still work like it does now but the player gets more possibilities with their builds. So in a way the Detonite Injector is just for the people who want the mastery from the weapon and nothing else. One can also say "Well to build a detonite injector its still 2x12h to build same as forma", yes its true but it also gives Detonite Injectors a new usage and it also gives players a reason to go to invasions for them when available as a reward. With this implementation it will also solve future lich forma complaints and will populate invasions somewhat.

• Like 2

How about just getting full mastery at 30 like every other weapon in the game and the bonus for the forma investment can remain the bonus for forma investment for every weapon in the game. That being the ability to cram more powerful mods into it. 

• Like 1

I would say they are indeed special weapons - as in "they have nothing truly special (like Paracesis), they just came at a time when the community was complaining about a drought and their grind got massively extended in a very artificial way" kind of special.

With that opinion out of the way, I do agree. Detonite Injectors sound awesome and fairer. And it could be applied to other factions as well in the future.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 1