Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

[DE]Megan

Last night, I did 4k points in railjack missions (kill code receivers), my Flotilla reach the "100 murex driven away" and I got 0 bonus points in the mail. Is it normal or ?

Edit : It was after the hotfix

Ran 2 full back to back ground missions (17×2 Condrix) and received only credits but no Operation points.  Submitted a ticket, but I am not holding my breath.  Saw Rebecca responding on Twitter to people who are having issues, perhaps we should all take to Twitter because clearly no one on their team seems to be reading these comments.

9 minutes ago, MobyTheDuck said:

Another emblem after playing for two hours and once again no goddamn bonus reward.

rX65ChU.jpg

This event can go die in a greasy fire.

Same.  I'm up to about 6k missing credits so far and know people who have lost way more.

And the same problem as last night is back

We did ground mission. All the way to 17 Condrix and not one Murex crew received our kill codes.

I went into a Murex raid and received no kill codes despite the flotila saying there's 9 ground crews and 3 space crews. This is bugged to hell, even hell wouldn't even touch it.

19 minutes ago, zuraja said:

Same.  I'm up to about 6k missing credits so far and know people who have lost way more.

Yeah I'm missing a 10k credit reward from a few hours ago- I got no credits and two emblems instead (one of which was wrong, even- should've been a rank 3 murex but it was only a rank 2).

Are you looking at the Kuva Siphon issues?  Since the earlier mainline (big) update, the game doesn't always properly register clouds that are destroyed... and even when it finally does, it never destroys the siphon at 4/4.  So no kuva.  Failure seems pretty random so far.  Thanks.

il y a une heure, Elvia a dit :

Last night, I did 4k points in railjack missions (kill code receivers), my Flotilla reach the "100 murex driven away" and I got 0 bonus points in the mail. Is it normal or ?

Edit : It was after the hotfix

Same thing here. 😑

Went on a mini-splurge and dropped 75k credits (the normal ones, not scarlet) several times to send support to a bunch of people who were in damaged or critical status. Did so at several different Instances of the Relay.

Would this spending benefit me in any way? Or is this just a thing for people rich in normal credits to flex? 

9 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

To clear up any confusion, the new Victory Payout Score still takes the cumulative score from either your Ground or Space missions.
Upon successful completion of the Murex Wave (100/100 driven away), the highest of the two scores between Ground and Space is doubled...

Could we I get the rationale here?
I've spent a few hours on the event thus far, only ever gotten victory payout once.

Now, granted, some of that's probably the lack of sufficient clarity on this mechanic, but some of it's not.
My last round had me and a couple of teammates spend about 2 of the 3 hours in a single flotilla, ending with ~5.2k ground score, 74/100, 1-2 active space squads and ~50m to end of wave.
Naturally, my friends and I, who thought we were done, jumped into a couple of space missions.

We didn't manage to reach cap (wave ended with 91/100), which kinda sucks.
But under the new paradigm, not only are new people looking for rank 3 discouraged from joining an active flotilla, you're also actively discouraging players in the flotilla from 'going where the event needs them'.

Am I missing something?

One more info.
Ground team are never enough.

Space team basically waits for ground team which are always not enough because the reward is much smaller and can even take more time.
Fine if you want to meme a bit (like we did while entertain space teams) but my god it's slow.

We kept running ground mission 1k run so we could provide more kill codes but my god this is bad.
At one point we had 6 space teams and 3 ground teams.
And yes that's the flotilla in which i didn't receive my bonus points.

I asked my host if he received the points, i'll let you know.

11 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

Hotdropped last night:

• Fixed inability to Trade.

Scarlet Spear Victory Payout Change

• We have changed the way Bonus Victory Payout is calculated to benefit all participating players in Murex Victories. Previously, your Victory Payout was determined by your Rank in the Flotilla (I, II, or III). Now, Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Higher Total Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000). 100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.
    • As an example - if you earn 300 points in a Ground Assault in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 600 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
    • As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
    • This aims to address some feedback we’ve been receiving about players who join a Flotilla in progress (ex 70/100 Murex Driven Away, etc) who aren’t able to reach a Rank in the Flotilla before it reaches 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

A known issue that we’re aware of/investigating are the reports of receiving the wrong amount of Victory Payout respective to the Rank which is earned in the Flotilla. However, there are reports of players receiving the correct amount of Victory Payout, which is why we’re continuing to investigate the discrepancies. We have some fixes in the works that will be tested overnight before we submit for a Hotfix.

We have several other known issues we are investigating for Flotilla Kill Code upload progress and bug reports have been helpful in tracking down the issues. 

General Scarlet Spear Changes & Fixes

• Railjack owners now have the option to either Host a Murex Raid with their own Railjack or Join another Murex Raid.
  • Squads whose OpLinks are in good condition will now continue to show 'Scanning Kill Codes' as their status to avoid confusion (previously it could change from ‘Scanning Kill Codes’ to ‘Deploying OpLink’ if a healthy OpLink status was updated).
  • Your Scarlet Spear Credit count will now display in Little Duck’s store UI similar to how Credits, Platinum, etc are displayed.
  • Fixed inability to invite other players in the same Flotilla to form a squad.
  • Fixes towards the Condrix not spawning once you reach the waypoint in the Ground mission.
  • Fixed scoring discrepancies if a Host migration occurred after the first Condrix in a Ground mission was completed:
    • The score does not increase at all for the next Condrix that is completed. 
    • The 3rd Condrix is completed and the score only goes up by 5 for each Kill Code (as if this was the first Condrix to be completed).
  • Fixed Murex Raid Satellite waypoint not disappearing if a Host migration occurred after driving away the respective Murex.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to Host a session to rejoin a Scarlet Spear Flotilla.
  • Fixed a crash when the Aerolyst spawned.
    • This was a result of the Aerolyst instantly dying when spawned due to player AoE damage. The Aerolyst will now spawn invulnerable for 1 second to avoid this crash and give the poor guy a chance to wiggle his fingers at you!
  • Fixed Sentient Ramsleds not being removed after warping between Railjack missions.
  • Fixed a script error when Crewships are encountered in the Murex Raid.
  • Fixed a script error if Sentient Fighter reinforcements spawn just as the Satellite is destroyed in a Murex Raid.

Railjack Fixes:

• Fixed Heat Accretion stat comparison not working in the Railjack Configure panel.
  • Fixed a script error when encountering the Sentient Anomaly POI.

Deferred Rendering Fixes:

• Fixed Ice Spring not having any textures with Deferred Rendering enabled.

Optimizations:

• Optimized out a number small memory bloats in the type-dep database to reduce the risk of crashes due to relocation (player loadouts in relays, procedural levels, etc).
  • Fixed high GPU Effects time when shooting Profit Taker's legs with the Imperator Vandal.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on slow internet connections if you quit the game while loading into a Relay. 

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash caused by mashing "Launch Mission" button while matchmaking service was already trying to find/Host/join a mission.
  • Fixed a crash when viewing Warframe Ability videos in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed several types of crashes that could occur when travelling to or from Towns, Relays or Dojos.
  • Fixed Operators not having correct body customizations/proportions.
  • Fixed certain Armor pieces not fitting correctly on Companions.
  • Fixed incorrect Energy color on the Nezha Yaksha Helmet. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1174134-nezhpa-yaksha-skins-energy-color/
  • Fixed the transport ships at the end of the Rush mission (Kepler, Phobos) Shield Drones having no hit box, resulting in an inability to complete the mission.
  • Fixed inability to Chat link Stance Forma.
  • Fixed a script error that resulted in a crash if a Host migration occurred when you returned to the Orbiter from a Survival mission.
  • Fixed a script error occurring when loading into a mission while the Pause Menu was open.
  • Fixed a script error when attempting to Fish.

can Whisper also be fixed I can't whisper anyone with the /w command, i have to /profile <user> and then send msg.

Remove the bonus, remove the relay, remove the 100/100 thing and the timer itself. Simply keep one mission that gives you points to buy stuff with; how hard is that?

Why did you over complicate something that should have been that simple?

This event is completely unacceptable DE, this will probably fall on deaf ears, but remember when you mentioned that you would now be 100% transparent with details of the game and to some degree you have, but that's to a degree this is prefect example where you have not given us no amount of information regarding the reward structure or any other information regards switching relay, scoring and or the point system, how can you develop this event for months and not: A. give your player base all the information regarding of relevance in your eyes, they need. B. keep on releasing content that is broken from the start without adequate testing to ensure that you yourself are happy with the outcome and not sending out hundreds of hotfixes hoping it all works in the end. hold off developing new open maps, cinematic quest, etc that will WOW the media and fix your game, you cannot now after 7+ years fix shotguns and status when nobody asked for them, start listening to your majority of player who have been here the longest and have tested your game for you. You keep on missing the mark when you release new content stop making things complicated and keep if simple fun and engaging.

This is getting old real fast and if you keep heading down this path you will be the downfall of this game and to yourselfs. Actually read the forums post and listen to the words your players are trying to express to you. STOP ignoring are concerns.

Some comments:

• Now that that we (my clan/squad) understand how you gain Scarlet Credits (immediate mission reward + "flotilla" reward), the grind actually seems somewhat acceptable. Especially with the more understandable way of gaining bonus credits (best ground/space score X 2), introduced in 27.3.3.
  • All of us have experienced wrong or missing Scarlet Credit rewards (and "no relic reward"-instances) during this somewhat bewildering and hectic "initial phase". Would it at all be possible to analyze the stats from this bug-fix period and maybe return the missing credits at a later date? As a bonus to all those of us bravely helping you iron out the problems while trying the new content.
  • Scarlet Spear might be actually be better than we (clan/squad) thought at first. Since it is a "grind event" the unreliability and the resulting risk of "not getting anything" is still a (huge) problem. The mechanics (evaluating a "near future" where all problems are gone) are actually quite nice, and it is fun finding squad/weapon/warframe compositions that work (on the ground). There will be some need for tweaking this and that, but everybody I play with seems to be moving towards a "well, this is ok after all"-state.
  • The bugs affecting playing with a "friend"-/"clan"-squad needs to be ironed out quickly. If you play with 4 (possible even IRL) friends and one gets kicked from a mission (and can't rejoin), it destroys the enjoyment for all. This has been THE worst thing for us, having to abort a mission, possibly even a "flotilla" (possibly even having to restart Warframe to break the link to a specific flotilla which your friends can't join) in order to get a friend to join again is, well, BAD. This also applies to having to "end & restart" Murex missions because some squaddies/friends don't get their kill code rewards.
  • Since the linkage to a certain "flotilla" (instance) is sort of all-important, there should be a more detailed and much more clear process for joining, being in and leaving a (certain) flotilla, as well as checking a break-down of your current "flotilla" results. This is maybe the one thing we "can't get" with Scarlet Spear, how this part of the event was "ignored". The point is that clarity and control is much more important than "fluent gaming" in this case. Or in other words:
    • there has to be a "do you want to join this flotilla? yes/no"-experience when joining up
    • a way to see your current flotilla ("you are a member of flotilla X") in your orbiter, maybe even showing both that flotillas' and your personal current stats
    • a way to clearly and easily select and immediately go to "your own" flotilla (and NOT to any other random flotilla instance)
    • and a "do you want to leave this flotilla? yes/no"-experience (especially in the orbiter, maybe also in Scarlet Spear HQ).
  • And totally stop the game from switching flotillas on you, we have had to start again from scratch after the flotilla changing while we all (the whole squad) are standing in the Scarlet Spear HQ (suddenly going from X Murex and Z standing => zero Murex AND zero standing).
  • Before launch we were under the impression that the co-op between the ground team and the space team was a bit more explicit (basically that a ground team would be sending the scans/codes to a specific space team). There was some disappointment that this wasn't the case, but with the intensity of the missions it is now clear that this would not have been possible. However, we still think there is a future opportunity hidden in the possibility of having missions with a "hot link" system between a specific "space" squad and a specific "ground" squad. This would entail increasing the squad size to 8 (reminiscent of the now defunct raids)  and allow for travel back-and-forth between "space" and "ground" (basically starting as 8 players on the Railjack and continuing as an "aerial assault from space" in a linked ground mission). We think this would greatly enhance the co-op part, reintroduce a "raid-type" mission, it could easily be an endless mission (or a 3-hour "endless" mission as per current event). It would not work from a PUG/randoms perspective (and might even need its own "double-squad setup mechanism"), but we think this is more of a strength than a weakness. There is also no problem for such a mission type to work in parallell with the normal 4-player co-op, as an example of potential, if such a system was included in a future "Scarlet Spear"-event it could simply allow the 8-player squad to travel directly to another Murex/Condrix-invasion spot (flotilla/instance) and continue racking up points & rewards for the whole three hours, or alternatively to be allowed to continue "in-mission" for the full three hours (ranking up enemy level, amount & difficulty).

Archived