Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

[DE]Megan

Done in the same flottilla two runs for 2.295k points and one for 1.3k. Murex fleet was wiped, 100/100. Got a rank1 and a rank2 emblem from it. That's all. Should have gotten the 10k credits as end of wave reward. It took me and my friend 2 hours of farm. Not doing anything else in the event until you fix that broken reward system. 

So lemme get this straight, since the payout is for the highest score of either mode... You are actively punishing every player who alternates gameplay?

Why would someone volunteer for the alternate mission type when you are actively getting punished for filling a player drought? if I'm playing ground and railjack needs people I'm punished if I help and vice versa? you are forcing people into CAMPS and punishing fluid play and alternating gameplay? why are you making the event even more restricted! you are locking people into gamemodes and making the event even more BORING, I can't get bored of ground assaults and swap to railjack for a bit because I'm literally getting 1/3 of the pay, is this for real?

Got my medals but no credit payout. Would appreciate clarification on how and when we're supposed to get bonus credits, and if there are any plans to compensate those who've lost rewards. Would generate a bit of good will which a lot of the playerbase is lacking right now.

After Hotfix 27.3.3, did in one frotilla over 5k points and it got 100/100, almost 6k even i beleive. Went in for another, did around 1.3k there, it got 100/100. Got 2 emails, one had 2.6k credits, other only emblems rank3 - no credits. Feels sad man.

3 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.

why do we have to deal with a system where doing a 1000 run on a busy relay and getting carried is objectively better than doing 3000 in a relay with the risk of people never finishing it because of the full flotilla forcing people to leave so they can get their squad going? can we at least get percentage of murex driven away as a percentage of received bonus? as in 81/100 murex would yield 81% of the total bonus, but still be capped at 10000 after that multiplication so people can farm standing in a reasonable manner without depending on an unstable and inconsistent system associated with two glorified mobile defense missions.
this is unironically a worse grind than Operation Ban the Lokis Hostile Mergers, the Silver Grove, the ships, Condition Overload and the Broken War all added together.

I am genuinely still confused how scoring even works here. This seems hugely complicated. All I know is that for all the (certainly not top-tier) effort I put in, I only got 450 or so points to my name. It's a tad disheartening.

... Is this an indirect PvP of a type? We have to be better than others in our group or we get nothing (or next to nothing)? That just seems weird for a war against an enemy faction, if you ask me. It also discourages all but the most elite players to even try, eh?

But I probably still don't understand this. I'd be grateful for a straightforward explanation of what to do in order to gain enough points for the new weapons at least. ^^ Anyone? Many thanks!

vor 13 Minuten schrieb BreezeKazero:

So lemme get this straight, since the payout is for the highest score of either mode... You are actively punishing every player who alternates gameplay?

Why would someone volunteer for the alternate mission type when you are actively getting punished for filling a player drought? if I'm playing ground and railjack needs people I'm punished if I help and vice versa? you are forcing people into CAMPS and punishing fluid play and alternating gameplay? why are you making the event even more restricted! you are locking people into gamemodes and making the event even more BORING, I can't get bored of ground assaults and swap to railjack for a bit because I'm literally getting 1/3 of the pay, is this for real?

^THIS
You are forced to run either 2h hours of the same boring defense mission in space (that got an additional railjack loading screen) or you fight on ground in the same cave, over and over again. The missions feel so uninspired that it really hurts. Everything around it is so great, I really like the theme of this event but how its executed is just a bad joke.

To put something constructive, after the update (3. hotfix) I got stuck in an railjack mission and had to restart the game. Atleast I got 10k bonus rewards (still missing 4k from yesterday).
It seems to appear randomly because it worked before and after. I will only use this event to farm some caches while I save up some creds for additional mastery fodder.
Basmu and this ugly reskin of an old weapon just feels so unrewarding... maybe I get lucky and some shedu parts drop. Hopefully the prices of them will drop even more, but as of now I do not have anything positive to say about Operation DElayed Bugfix.

I do not think they will patch this "fun-issue" with their next three hotfixes. EVENT IS OVER FOR ME.

14 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

A known issue that we’re aware of/investigating are the reports of receiving the wrong amount of Victory Payout respective to the Rank which is earned in the Flotilla. However, there are reports of players receiving the correct amount of Victory Payout, which is why we’re continuing to investigate the discrepancies. We have some fixes in the works that will be tested overnight before we submit for a Hotfix.

We have several other known issues we are investigating for Flotilla Kill Code upload progress and bug reports have been helpful in tracking down the issues. 

Let me make it easier to look into. The issue is that only the HOST is getting the correct rewards eg after the squad gains 5k credits, the bonus rewards gained for the clients is 2k credits in their inbox and the host will recieve 10k credits reward. This also happens in Railjack squads where often only the host can earn points.Until that's fixed there's very little reason to play the event. So far I've missed out on about 24000 credits to this bug thanks very much.

13 hours ago, DariusMcSwag said:

Perhaps there needs to be a tutorial on the Operation then? The best way to clarify any confusion is to show/tell the players how to do the missions.

Links to a forum thread DO NOT COUNT. 

Make a tutorial video showcasing how to do the missions and what the player should expect to get out of it. And then, put that video in game so that players can see it without having to Alt-Tab out of the game. Little Duck could even be the place where you view the video so that if a player forgets, they can watch it again.

This shouldn't be hard, nor time consuming. Every new update needs one of these.

Mate they probably couldn't manage to complete the mission, have you seen em play?

3 hours ago, Sardaukar66 said:

Thanks, and keep up the good work!

what good work? pc players shouldn't be doing QA and testing for lazy devs and poorly-managed releases. EVERY recent "content" release has had progress-stopping/game-crashing bugs. i cannot believe that every single one of these problems was missed by proper testing BEFORE release. don't even think about blaming covid-19 for this; kuva liches and railjack were trash on release too and are still getting tweaked. i've not seen any other decent multiplayer game in recent memory that does this: release half-baked content, depend on players to report progress-stopping bugs, take months to fix everything, yet release more content while old content is still buggy and being fixed. some bug fixes and balancing i can understand, but consecutive broken releases? even the typically sycophantic youtube partners are getting frustrated. DE just has no awareness anymore that their players aren't supposed to be their testers.

as if the endless grind was not enough, players are getting shafted and not getting the rewards they earned because of poor design (no matchmaking, flotilla player cap, loading into empty flotillas and having to keep remaking teams) and bugs (crashes, progress reset by host migrations, inconsistent credit rewards). IF YOU'RE GOING TO MAKE US GRIND ENDLESSLY, MAKE SURE THE REWARDS MATCH UP AND WORK IN THE FIRST PLACE.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Higher Total Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000).

There's no reason to choose the higher of the two, you should just add them together so someone can help in both ground and space during the same wave and have both scores count towards their bonus. Especially since you're capping it anyway. 

I got just a bit under the 5k mark in a flotilla and should've earned just under 10k credits and a tier 2 emblem. About a half an hour later I receive my mail, yay! Oh wait, it has 2 tier 1 emblems in it??? How does this even happen. Also checked with little duck and I most certainly have not received my payout.

Spoiler

2020-03-25_21_51_37-Warframe.png2020-03-25_21_51_46-Warframe.png

I just got two emblems without any credit. And I watched my relay reached 100/100. Just why? What is the point of giving me exact two same embelms and no credits at all. 

And another question. Do u still get reward if you quit that relay after you are done with several missions?

You released a 20 minute update that you then attempted to stretch out as much as possible to make it last multiple hours. What the #*!% is wrong with you?

I haven't seen such a desperate and shallow attempt to create some semblance of gameplay since LJN's Jaws for the NES in 1987.

Just let it go.

I think everything is going good. People forget DE does listen to the community and does compensate us when needed. With that said here are a few things I hope gets some attention. The flotilla you join you stay in if you go back to your ship. I was in a sortie today and got constant chat feed in he mission from the flotilla I was in. If others wanted to join said flotilla they couldn't because the cap was met even though it wasn't with active players this is a big issue and I believe multiple systems would need to be changed to address this. Easy way is all flotilla are joined instead of trying to create urgency in one locked instance. Just double the score and give us the credits when we leave instance. No crazy math no punishment if the instance is locked to our friends then give us a overall kill count of all tenno on taking out all motherships on our ship so we can feel like we are all working together instead of the shared relay that our friends can't get in. I tried hosting for hours earlier today so hard to get people in instance on top of that if you join a pug from recruitment chat you could be capped on flotilla or lose benefits from 1 flotilla to another if you join a group that just does 1 run your stuck to that flotilla trying to group up inside of that 1 instance is still difficult and you might not bealbe to host new people but why wouldn't they leave if they come in late?  One other bug report I was in a sortie today and got chat spam from the flotilla I was in earlier. I had already been in other missions and in my ship as soon as I joined the sortie the flotilla chat spam started and my spot locked someone else out of the instance.  Oh and at least half of the kuva floods since the status revise patch go corrupt and at least the host has to leave to reset the instance if not everyone has to leave and start over and hope the new one doesn't get bugged  but it happens so much that you don't want to do them because of a bug that I thought would of gotten some attention awhile ago. I believe in DE and know all will be resolved 

The reward system for this event is unnecessarily convoluted, badly designed, poorly explained and broken.

As an earlier poster suggested, keep it simple: complete a mission to get a reward.
If DE wants to cap rewards then that would be easy enough to do. Just make this clear to players.

Such simplification would make it easier to achieve all the things players are crying out for e.g.:
1. No waiting for successful 100 Murex clearance.
2. No penalising players who participate in a failed 100 Murex clearance.
3. No discouraging players who want to mix RJ and ground missions.
4. No confusing players with zero/minimal explanations.
5. No cheating players of their rewards.
6. No unfair rewards between ground and RJ missions

hace 1 minuto, DukeOfCornwall dijo:

The reward system for this event is unnecessarily convoluted, badly designed, poorly explained and broken.

As an earlier poster suggested, keep it simple: complete a mission to get a reward. No more, no less.

Such simplification would make it easier to achieve all the things players are crying out for e.g.:
1. No waiting for successful 100 Murex clearance.
2. No penalising players who participate in a failed 100 Murex clearance.
3. No discouraging players who want to mix RJ and ground missions.
4. No confusing players with zero/minimal explanations.
5. No cheating players of their rewards.
6. No unfair rewards between ground and RJ missions

this!

Do Objectives = Get Points

Win Mission = Get Rewards!

Do both Mission types = Get More Rewards!!!!!

Win Event = Get Even More Rewards!!!!!!!!1111One

Archived