Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

[DE]Megan

I really appreciate you guys working hard during these circumstances to bring us this new content. I do. But this event is really confusing. I didn't even realize you are supposed to stick with a particular instance to completion to receive a bonus payout, until I read this post. And honestly, that's just not fun anyway. There's no way to approach this event casually. It's all-in or nothing. I love this game and the concepts that this event adds, but finding myself on the bleeding edge of playtesting is a real buzzkill. My instinct is to hold off playing it until more bugs/balancing is addressed.
That said, take care of yourselves and don't stress the negative feedback too much. Perhaps extend the event once you get things to a happy place. Thanks for all you've done so far. o7

44 minutes ago, LULAWS said:

why do we have to deal with a system where doing a 1000 run on a busy relay and getting carried is objectively better than doing 3000 in a relay with the risk of people never finishing it because of the full flotilla forcing people to leave so they can get their squad going? can we at least get percentage of murex driven away as a percentage of received bonus? as in 81/100 murex would yield 81% of the total bonus, but still be capped at 10000 after that multiplication so people can farm standing in a reasonable manner without depending on an unstable and inconsistent system associated with two glorified mobile defense missions.
this is unironically a worse grind than Operation Ban the Lokis Hostile Mergers, the Silver Grove, the ships, Condition Overload and the Broken War all added together.

THIS!! is my biggest issue. I did 5100 ground then switch to space to help finish the murrex because they were behind the flotilla was full so had a bunch of issues got into space it was bugged and no groups were getting kill codes despite over 10 groups running ground missions. restarted client couldn't get back on flotilla because it was full. didn't receive victory bonus because the missions broke and we got stuck at 82/100. feels bad man. worked that flotilla from start of the wave and there was nothing i could do.

I worked my ass off and didn't get rewarded for it. the whole tying rewards to murrex completion feels bad. i earn 5k points and don't get my 10k i should have gotten because the game broke. I only did the 5k to earn the 10k feels like my mission effort doesn't matter only the bonus because its sooooo big in comparison.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

Hotdropped last night:

• Fixed inability to Trade.

Scarlet Spear Victory Payout Change

• We have changed the way Bonus Victory Payout is calculated to benefit all participating players in Murex Victories. Previously, your Victory Payout was determined by your Rank in the Flotilla (I, II, or III). Now, Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Higher Total Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000). 100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.
    • As an example - if you earn 300 points in a Ground Assault in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 600 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
    • As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
    • This aims to address some feedback we’ve been receiving about players who join a Flotilla in progress (ex 70/100 Murex Driven Away, etc) who aren’t able to reach a Rank in the Flotilla before it reaches 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

A known issue that we’re aware of/investigating are the reports of receiving the wrong amount of Victory Payout respective to the Rank which is earned in the Flotilla. However, there are reports of players receiving the correct amount of Victory Payout, which is why we’re continuing to investigate the discrepancies. We have some fixes in the works that will be tested overnight before we submit for a Hotfix.

We have several other known issues we are investigating for Flotilla Kill Code upload progress and bug reports have been helpful in tracking down the issues. 

General Scarlet Spear Changes & Fixes

• Railjack owners now have the option to either Host a Murex Raid with their own Railjack or Join another Murex Raid.
  • Squads whose OpLinks are in good condition will now continue to show 'Scanning Kill Codes' as their status to avoid confusion (previously it could change from ‘Scanning Kill Codes’ to ‘Deploying OpLink’ if a healthy OpLink status was updated).
  • Your Scarlet Spear Credit count will now display in Little Duck’s store UI similar to how Credits, Platinum, etc are displayed.
  • Fixed inability to invite other players in the same Flotilla to form a squad.
  • Fixes towards the Condrix not spawning once you reach the waypoint in the Ground mission.
  • Fixed scoring discrepancies if a Host migration occurred after the first Condrix in a Ground mission was completed:
    • The score does not increase at all for the next Condrix that is completed. 
    • The 3rd Condrix is completed and the score only goes up by 5 for each Kill Code (as if this was the first Condrix to be completed).
  • Fixed Murex Raid Satellite waypoint not disappearing if a Host migration occurred after driving away the respective Murex.
  • Fixed a crash when trying to Host a session to rejoin a Scarlet Spear Flotilla.
  • Fixed a crash when the Aerolyst spawned.
    • This was a result of the Aerolyst instantly dying when spawned due to player AoE damage. The Aerolyst will now spawn invulnerable for 1 second to avoid this crash and give the poor guy a chance to wiggle his fingers at you!
  • Fixed Sentient Ramsleds not being removed after warping between Railjack missions.
  • Fixed a script error when Crewships are encountered in the Murex Raid.
  • Fixed a script error if Sentient Fighter reinforcements spawn just as the Satellite is destroyed in a Murex Raid.

Railjack Fixes:

• Fixed Heat Accretion stat comparison not working in the Railjack Configure panel.
  • Fixed a script error when encountering the Sentient Anomaly POI.

Deferred Rendering Fixes:

• Fixed Ice Spring not having any textures with Deferred Rendering enabled.

Optimizations:

• Optimized out a number small memory bloats in the type-dep database to reduce the risk of crashes due to relocation (player loadouts in relays, procedural levels, etc).
  • Fixed high GPU Effects time when shooting Profit Taker's legs with the Imperator Vandal.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur on slow internet connections if you quit the game while loading into a Relay. 

Fixes:

• Fixed a crash caused by mashing "Launch Mission" button while matchmaking service was already trying to find/Host/join a mission.
  • Fixed a crash when viewing Warframe Ability videos in the Arsenal.
  • Fixed several types of crashes that could occur when travelling to or from Towns, Relays or Dojos.
  • Fixed Operators not having correct body customizations/proportions.
  • Fixed certain Armor pieces not fitting correctly on Companions.
  • Fixed incorrect Energy color on the Nezha Yaksha Helmet. As reported here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1174134-nezhpa-yaksha-skins-energy-color/
  • Fixed the transport ships at the end of the Rush mission (Kepler, Phobos) Shield Drones having no hit box, resulting in an inability to complete the mission.
  • Fixed inability to Chat link Stance Forma.
  • Fixed a script error that resulted in a crash if a Host migration occurred when you returned to the Orbiter from a Survival mission.
  • Fixed a script error occurring when loading into a mission while the Pause Menu was open.
  • Fixed a script error when attempting to Fish.

Noice! Now where are my fish team at?

Oh wait..

The grind sucks on this. I'm so tired of every new grind. Grinding out low levels is fine in a game. But to have to grind every single time there's something new. I doubt I'll manage to get much out of the event before I'm too burned out to bother. The scoring is a confusing mess just all around as well on top of the grind. And another new currency? Another new temporary currency? I have to grind for temporary currency? I much rather have all of the old events cycling than these new ones with having to get a certain obnoxiously grindy score to achieve. I don't want to spend 3 hours sitting or leaving my computer on and having to do it for days and days in a row. 
I just don't really want to engage with this, like the gameplay is decent enough. But the effort to reward ratio. Feels bad.

I am also having a hard time with the event because my connection is unstable due to CPU limitations and am constantly crashing after most missions. If this is affecting my rewards for going to the wrong flotilla afterwards.... well let's just say this game already has more than plenty of grind in it already...

Remove the time gate and the murex limit. What did you guys smoke to think this was ok?

Remove status immunity from sentients. They already have adaptive armor, making them MASSIVE bullet sponges.

Increase ground team earned score at least 2.5x. I can barely get 3k points on ground team, but I can get 8k on space team on that same time. Space mission is a massive AFK mission, while ground team is forced to kill the bullet sponges to progress.

Increase scan speed with less players. You cant punish people for not having a nolife full squad.

5 hours ago, -Francesco.pe said:

Thank you for this.

Btw, the "Waiting for Kill code" is the new "Network not Responding"?

Update 27.3.3 is the new "Network not Responding." Fact of the matter is ever since this so called "hot fix" so many people have complained about getting "Network not responding." It's typical D.E. fashion though. Put out an update, break something that has nothing to do with the update.

Just did 11.5k points worth of space missions and the flotilla was completed with about 40 minutes left, shame not going above 5k poses any rewards, burnt out for the day
I don't suppose you can reward intrinsic points can you?

5 часов назад, [DE]Taylor сказал:

To clear up any confusion, the new Victory Payout Score still takes the cumulative score from either your Ground or Space missions. Upon successful completion of the Murex Wave (100/100 driven away), the highest of the two scores between Ground and Space is doubled (to a max cap of 10,000), and given as Scarlet Credits!

The only problem being - it's not cumulative. At least not if you change relays. We did four space runs in one wave and got bonus creds only for one.

And, as many pointed out, I also would like my 10k scarlet credits. Me and my teammates.

4 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

To clear up any confusion, the new Victory Payout Score still takes the cumulative score from either your Ground or Space missions. Upon successful completion of the Murex Wave (100/100 driven away), the highest of the two scores between Ground and Space is doubled (to a max cap of 10,000), and given as Scarlet Credits!

For the love of god, can you please make it Ground+Space, but still cap it at 10k bonus?

Reason why I'm asking is that sometimes there's not enough people doing space or ground, so you realize the instance progress and you want to swap. But if just feels overall crap to basically "abandon" your progress mid-way.

There is literally no incentive for people to swap if your relay instance (Flotilla) needs it. If you have done 2.5k points on the ground, but you realize there's (somehow) too many teams on the ground but not enough in space, it feels like sabotaging yourself to decide to swap to space, because only the highest score wins...

Please reconsider the way you are calculating the bonus reward!

this time i got the reward as soon as the 100/100 was reached.. i think this is a viable solution to help out on other instances of the murex.. just checking to see if the extra event points have been added as well or that they come after this timer has ended..

I really need some explanation on how the hell points work in this event... I got over 11k points worth of space missions, as seen in the following screenshot

unknown.png

Still, when looking at my score for the event, I only got a little over 6.5k

unknown.png

Nevermind the rewards that I'm already thinking I'm not gonna get...

If single mobile defense mission with a single squad isn't boring enough,

DE: Double the mobile defense with doubled squads but also having a much dreadful reward system.

Also if you wanna make player focus on teamwork, don't make a system that force players to do teamwork but also limit their teamwork by setting the stupid cap and time limit. It's just not fun playing this event at all.

1 hour ago, gekoaj said:

THIS!! is my biggest issue. I did 5100 ground then switch to space to help finish the murrex because they were behind the flotilla was full so had a bunch of issues got into space it was bugged and no groups were getting kill codes despite over 10 groups running ground missions. restarted client couldn't get back on flotilla because it was full. didn't receive victory bonus because the missions broke and we got stuck at 82/100. feels bad man. worked that flotilla from start of the wave and there was nothing i could do.

I worked my ass off and didn't get rewarded for it. the whole tying rewards to murrex completion feels bad. i earn 5k points and don't get my 10k i should have gotten because the game broke. I only did the 5k to earn the 10k feels like my mission effort doesn't matter only the bonus because its sooooo big in comparison.

Exactly this. I just went through a very similar experience. Went through 10k worth of missions, the flotilla ended at around 90/100, didn't get the payout, felt like I wasted 3h of my life. The most frustrating reward structure I've ever seen in my years of WF. Whoever came up with this idea can't possibly play the game on a regular basis or has a VERY weird idea of fun and fair. I understand that it's thematic for the story of the event, DE wants people to work together in the flotillas to fight off the sentients, feel like they all accomplished something together. Yea, I bet that sounded good on paper. In practice that's not how good reward structures work in games. 

And that's when it doesn't outright bug on you and you don't get the payout despite a 100/100.  

Well here is another problem: I participated in several flotilla along a single invasion and only received points from the last (which was 0 as we didn't had the time to repeal all the murex)... 3 hours well spent

6 hours ago, ldegroodt115 said:

Can we disable the Operation Link spam? Maybe turn it off like we have in options for region, or not have the icon blinking all the time.

From prevous threads, things that would be awesome if they were addressed:

Reveal hidden contents

First and foremost: Any word about player EHP/Armor/etc being affected (see this post)? The last response Rebecca made was it was "being worked on" 1 month ago, and this same issue has been brought up a few times recently so I do not think it's resolved. Please, could you give us an update?

Additionally,

Can heavy attacks please not consume the combo counter when you swing and DON'T hit anything? This feels even worse on smaller range weapons which can't really hit  adjacent enemies if the heavy attack misses the main target, unlike polearms/whips/etc.

Will the numerous visual bugs with zaw nikanas ever be fixed?

Can the team please reconsider having random stats on pets with the upcoming rework? RNG stats feel miserable (Liches, Railjack) and enough pets are already bred and dumped because of body type/energy color/head/tail

Are you just going to leave recent changes as is? Self-stagger on amps for example, the timing window that makes recovery all but useless if you're not spamming space, impact still being an undesired proc as it hurts headshot weapons, gas sucking, etc

This includes the shieldgating megathread these were common feedback posts:

• The constant shield regen, especially with Shield Ospreys is very difficult if you're not modding something to straight up bypass their defense like toxin, with slash having to eat through their shields first it's... not fun when my fully build rifle is suddenly having to expend the whole magazine to kill a level 90 Tech.
  • If shieldgate is going to require 2 hits to kill an shielded enemy, then the spillover is just way too low imo. It's frustrating to have a kitted out melee all the sudden not one tapping level 17 Corpus Crewmen because 5% of its damage just isn't enough to kill it. I can't really aim for the head with a sword either. Low ROF guns are getting kind of shafted.
  • Grey invuln for shield gate invuln duration. It's a good visual indicator that I thought at least Hildryn had?
  • Shield gate can't be bypassed by 'skill' if there is no headshot box Why are Arbitration Drones shield gated?? Corpus Cameras??

Hate for this to not be on the newest content drop but if you don't get first page and spam the latest hotfix with requests or make it big on Reddit it's like feedback goes straight to the shredder.

Give us shield gating!

It doesn't work though...

GIVE US SHIELD GATING!

Okay.

SHIELD GATING IS S#&$

Cry about everything don't you. Maybe they should just make us all invincible and every enemy have 1hp, would that suit you more? Since you are unable to land 2 shots it seems.

Just did ANOTHER 5k points and received a bunch of emblems and NO CREDITS. Thanks DE! So far that's 32000 CREDITS you haven't given me because your event is broken as hell... Really enjoying this rewarding experience where I get violently fisted instead of rewarded for my time and putting in more runs.

Archived