Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

[DE]Megan

somewhat disappointed with the event, ground assault is just shooting a defenseless bullet sponge and standing in a limbo bubble, and railjack is even worse, because its nothing but standing in a limbo bubble. There's nothing that prompts player engagement.

archwing became nothing but a taxi between objectives in open world because you orphaned the gamemode, then you relegate it completely to a taxi in railjack by nerfing AW damage capabilities.

this event makes railjacks nothing but a taxi between objectives as well. So now we have to fly our jack to the point, then get into archwing, and fly to the point again, and then we can enter the objective. If the gamemode specific mechanics aren't being utilized for the mission, why are we even playing in that gamemode? This is not me saying I don't want to play railjack. This is me frustrated because the railjack event may as well not have a railjack in it, seeing as its nothing but a glorified loading transition between objectives. 

Hi everyone!

Without lengthy prologue, issues after update:

- no bonus payout for ground mission with highest score if the last Murex is done in space and ground mission is cut short!

- if I understand correctly, bonus points were actually decreased in some conditions:

-> previously - 2 full ground rounds in same flotilla= ~5k points and 10k bonus (qualified for tier 3x1 = 10000)

-> previously - 2 full ground rounds, in different flotillas= ~5k points and 12k bonus (qualified for tier 2x2 - 6000x2)

-> now           - 2 full ground rounds in same flotilla = ~5k points and 5k bonus   (~2500x2, only highest round counts)

-> now           - 2 full ground rounds in different flotillas = ~5k points and 10k bonus   (~2500x2x2, both rounds count (tested))

-> I'm calculating for ground, as space has a lot RJ issues right now and people don't want to play it and wait for codes. Difference jumped from 20% to 100%. This point system encourages flotilla-hopping and doing a short run in every instance instead of contributing to one. Worst case scenario - new timer begins - people go to flotilla 1 - do a ground mission - EVERYONE leaves - do a mission in flotilla 2 - leave again - and so on -> if everyone goes top to bottom of the list like me, this makes space missions even harder and makes waiting in space for codes even worse, as with time number of people in flotilla decreases instead of staying and grinding points. Please bear in mind, that patching it to one flotilla only per player per timer will only serve to further reduce reward and hemorrhage already upset people.

- no price adjustment in sight - I know, it's early, not every arcane is in the shop and so on, but without it it's more of a frantic grind and fear of missing out rather than deciding if you want some extra points for that arcane that may be nice to try out (As some people already mentioned, for arcanes, doing tridolons is faster and more price-efficient. And that's for uncommon ones, I imagine you intend to price Rares much higher).

- for ground assault, please get rid of the "thank you for the code' transmissions, they cause ~1,5s lag each time, which in addition to all the staggering is unacceptable

hi,in every flotilla i go it says " no murex waves detected" and there is no visible players in the flotilla even though it says the flotilla is busy or i can chat with other players in the realy chat, i was just wondering if it was a bug,i even closed my game several times.

Overall enjoying the event and dont mind the grind so far; interested to see how many credits the rest of the arcanes will cost when released. 

While hosting Murex raids, both before and after the hotfix reward changes, I don't believe I missed any credit bonus rewards. However, I believe I missed most if not all of the bonus rewards while I was a client. Perhaps that will be helpful. 

Yesterday I also experienced instances of the satellite not showing up on the map after clearing a Murex; this may have been due to another player piloting the railjack somewhat far away from the satellite, as the issue disappeared after we left the railjack by the satellite.

It would also be nice to have an indicator besides 'calm' or 'busy' for flotilla capacity, so you can determine if your squad can fit into a given flotilla. Thanks for the event and hope you all are staying healty.

Me and my friends spent 30 mins waiting for kill codes from ground team in the space raid. Not a single one was received from the 10 ground ops and we spent the time wandering around the Murix ship because we were bored of killing the sentients. Going to come back after a week to see if anything changes but clearly, 31 days for this event is not going to be enough. 

16 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.

If you were to remove this condition, it would lessen the impact of some frustrating bugs. When your flotilla is stuck at a certain score it's impossible to get bonus payout. My last flotilla was stuck at 98/100 for an hour even though we had enough squads running both missions. Space apparently did not receive kill codes.

2 minutes ago, Zyxazad said:

If you were to remove this condition, it would lessen the impact of some frustrating bugs. When your flotilla is stuck at a certain score it's impossible to get bonus payout. My last flotilla was stuck at 98/100 for an hour even though we had enough squads running both missions. Space apparently did not receive kill codes.

I waited in space for freaking 30 mins. Zero kill code came in.

Relay chat keep saying XXX's squad sent kill code.
But then again I also saw XXX's squad received kill code over and over again.

its like there is RNG involved with the kill code as well.

I played yesterday. Got a score of 3760 for Killcode Receivers. So I expected to get 7520 points when I logged in today. I got a mail with an emblem, so I know it was completed, but no points were attached to the mail... So I guess its bugged and not rewarding points.

When are we getting a fix to being unable to invite someone to a squad for stuff outside the Operation due to "being in another flotilla" or "flotilla being full" despite neither having even participated in the operation that day.
That and sometimes people getting flotilla chat while just playing random stuff...
It kinda seems you created server shards for the game, which is limiting the matchmaking, and either did that by accident or forgot to mention it, and provide tools to change shards so we can play with others. Right now matchmaking outside the operation is getting hurt significantly.

As someone who is unable to play as frequently as i used to (a new baby really affects the amount you can game, who saw that coming), im lucky if i can play for upwards of 2hrs at a time now, maybe 2 days a week.

Last night i was able to login for 45 minutes. I logged in to play around 8:15pm and was able to jump into 1 ground mission. Public matchmaking didnt work, i ended up soloing 3 condrix before all 100 ships were completed. After i left the mission, there was a 30minute timer that had to count down, followed by another 10 minute timer before the next missions could start up.

I basically say in the flotila relay for 40 minutes waiting, trying to get into a ground mission, finding out the hard way. I tried different flotillas and all ended up being completed.

for people who are in a similar situation as i am, this is resulting in players not being able to join in to the event simply because everything gets completed before they can actually do contribute. I was able to get 90pts in the small amount of time i was able to get into a mission. How am i supposed to be able to get any of the rewards of the event when i simply cant play any missions for the event in the small amount of time i am able to play in a week? Im not saying that DE needs to cater to people who simply dont have as much free time as others, but the current method missions are being handled for this event has quickly turned warframe into waitframe

1. It's not too grindy. It's actually quite light on grind. You get 10K bonus points every wave easily. That's a lot of points and can easily be done within one hour. Getting enough points to buy the new weapons is hardly a grind in my opinion.

2. The increased level of the railjack enemies is nice. I am impressed with the new visuals, the new enemies, the new tiles and so on. I've only done the railjack portion of this event so far.

3. The new lore is awesome. Thank you for putting that in the game.

4. There are bugs. Bugs which I am sure you are aware of, like the missing head on the NPC in the flotilla, or the "waiting for kill codes" bug. I didn't experience the kill code bug at all last night, which was nice.

5. It's easily cheesable with Limbo. Kind of tough to balance that because limbo's very design is to be imbalanced and break the AI. Tough to balance without breaking limbo.

6. You guys aren't getting enough credit for what you have done right. Players are zooming in on the negative and blowing it out of proportions. If I was DE, I would be proud of what I've created. The story, sound design, visual effects, and overall performance here is excellent. YES - there are some issues. But I think you guys deserve more credit for what is actually good here. Thanks for what you've created. Please fix the issues though.

7. I'm going to do another in depth analysis on status effects. I am surprised you guys didn't touch viral. I'll run a battery of tests again, this time I'll include the new sentient enemies. I intend to create some charts based on my results. If things don't change, I suspect viral+heat or viral+slash will become the new meta. I'll find out.

8. I hope the moderators here are prudent in removing comments that are downright rude and disrespectful and abusive to DE. I see a lot of that just rolling on and on and it's not good. DE doesn't deserve to be treated like that. Criticism should be constructive, not destructive.

3 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

1. It's not too grindy. It's actually quite light on grind. You get 10K bonus points every wave easily. That's a lot of points and can easily be done within one hour. Getting enough points to buy the new weapons is hardly a grind in my opinion.

10K bonus points every wave is not easy. You need to:

- get 5000 points before flotilla reaches 100/100

- not be in a flotilla that can't reach 100/100

- not be accidentally disconnected from the flotilla halfway

- not have any bugs where the flotilla is stuck at a certain score making you miss out on your rewards even though you did everything else correctly, yes I'm annoyed.

22 minutes ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

When it doesn't bug. It has always bugged for me.

Ground missions award you negligible points for your time. There is a bonus if you get 100/100 murex drivin away, which supposedly fixes the grind, and that would most likely be fine if it even worked.

First off, a flotilla can glitch out where NO Murex raid teams receive kill codes. Multiple times I waited fifteen+ minutes with no kill code. Other murex teams reported no kill codes were coming in, despite the flottilla chat containing many messages that kill codes were generated. The murex would stay at the same #/100 until the reset. Absolutely infuriating. Another problem I've heard, is players are not even receiving these bonuses if they earn them. Inbox messages can contain the wrong amount of creds as well. In it's current state, I'd have to nearly make warframe my job just to get the rewards I want by the end of the month. Warframe isn't my job.

This isn't fun in the slightest.

vor 22 Minuten schrieb Flying_Scorpion:

2. The increased level of the railjack enemies is nice. I am impressed with the new visuals, the new enemies, the new tiles and so on. I've only done the railjack portion of this event so far.

3. The new lore is awesome. Thank you for putting that in the game.

4. There are bugs. Bugs which I am sure you are aware of, like the missing head on the NPC in the flotilla, or the "waiting for kill codes" bug. I didn't experience the kill code bug at all last night, which was nice.

5. It's easily cheesable with Limbo. Kind of tough to balance that because limbo's very design is to be imbalanced and break the AI. Tough to balance without breaking limbo.

6. You guys aren't getting enough credit for what you have done right. Players are zooming in on the negative and blowing it out of proportions. If I was DE, I would be proud of what I've created. The story, sound design, visual effects, and overall performance here is excellent. YES - there are some issues. But I think you guys deserve more credit for what is actually good here. Thanks for what you've created. Please fix the issues though.

7. I'm going to do another in depth analysis on status effects. I am surprised you guys didn't touch viral. I'll run a battery of tests again, this time I'll include the new sentient enemies. I intend to create some charts based on my results. If things don't change, I suspect viral+heat or viral+slash will become the new meta. I'll find out.

8. I hope the moderators here are prudent in removing comments that are downright rude and disrespectful and abusive to DE. I see a lot of that just rolling on and on and it's not good. DE doesn't deserve to be treated like that. Criticism should be constructive, not destructive.

1. True, if it would work like it was intended to.

2. True, they told us about scaling enemies and rewards and we got that.

3. Yes, I really like the theme and lore, too.

4. Thats exactly the point, there are bugs which are so obvious that its a shame DE released SS.

5. Well, everything in Warframe is more or less cheesable with the right setup. I guess thats a part of the game anyway.

6. Correct. As I have already mentioned the theme of this event is really great but it gets overshadowed by a huge mist of cunfusion and bugs.

7. Nothing to say on this. Have not done any testing, but the Hammer Shot etc upgrades are nice.

8. We also do NOT deserve to be treated like DE did. I feel like they are unaware of the fact, that all their wages got payed from us.

Archived