Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

[DE]Megan

1 hour ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

1. It's not too grindy. It's actually quite light on grind. You get 10K bonus points every wave easily. That's a lot of points and can easily be done within one hour. Getting enough points to buy the new weapons is hardly a grind in my opinion.

2. The increased level of the railjack enemies is nice. I am impressed with the new visuals, the new enemies, the new tiles and so on. I've only done the railjack portion of this event so far.

3. The new lore is awesome. Thank you for putting that in the game.

4. There are bugs. Bugs which I am sure you are aware of, like the missing head on the NPC in the flotilla, or the "waiting for kill codes" bug. I didn't experience the kill code bug at all last night, which was nice.

5. It's easily cheesable with Limbo. Kind of tough to balance that because limbo's very design is to be imbalanced and break the AI. Tough to balance without breaking limbo.

6. You guys aren't getting enough credit for what you have done right. Players are zooming in on the negative and blowing it out of proportions. If I was DE, I would be proud of what I've created. The story, sound design, visual effects, and overall performance here is excellent. YES - there are some issues. But I think you guys deserve more credit for what is actually good here. Thanks for what you've created. Please fix the issues though.

7. I'm going to do another in depth analysis on status effects. I am surprised you guys didn't touch viral. I'll run a battery of tests again, this time I'll include the new sentient enemies. I intend to create some charts based on my results. If things don't change, I suspect viral+heat or viral+slash will become the new meta. I'll find out.

8. I hope the moderators here are prudent in removing comments that are downright rude and disrespectful and abusive to DE. I see a lot of that just rolling on and on and it's not good. DE doesn't deserve to be treated like that. Criticism should be constructive, not destructive.

ROFLMAO...

Almost all warframe partners are screaming "FOUL" about this event.

Almost everyone, myself included want DE to succeed, for Warframe to flourish but there is a real disconnect between the devs (which are starting to be perceived as divas) and the community.  This launch is a direct representation when a dev group stays in a dev build/server and isn't cognizant of time investment, time gating, resource cost in the regular live build.  It's obvious that whoever is in the testing group is just feeding DE glory and praise instead of legitimate criticism when they need it or... they are forwarned and they aren't listening!!!

Because it "feels" like alpha releases instead of bonafide updates to their game. 

It "feels" They have no comprehension of the time investment and commitment of their player base to acquire any of the items in this launch and the crushing blow players experience when their credits and bonuses are lost due to bugs, glitches in this launch.

Nightwave still on intermission isn't even laughable it's a sobering, harbinger of the state of this games development and that makes me worry because I love this game and I'm the only active member of my clan left.

Event is still pretty bugged. Was receiving kill codes fine, lots were coming in, then they suddenly stopped. Ground crews said they were still playing and sending them. Twice as many ground crews as space crews. But nothing has come in for like 30 minutes now and the window is almost over. We were at 71/100 and if seems to be frozen there...

18 hours ago, Senguash said:

I've missed 16k (24k after the hotfix) thus far, so I'm glad to hear it's being looked at.

What's supposed to happen to my credit rewards if I leave one Flotilla in the middle of progress and join another one?

If one of my friends crashed or leaves to his ship, or leaves, and we need someone to rejoin or someone else to join, and to flotilla is inevitably full are we meant to just be screwed?

There's some major issues in playing with your friends due to way your scoring is tied to one specific instance, that you can easily get shut out of. 

There's a number of simple ways to effectively alleviate the problem if you're willing to play just a little loose with the player cap per instance. Things like guaranteeing rentry into a flotilla where you've already made progress or letting invitations bypass the player cap up to a point.

I just want to know if potential solutions are being considered.

This happened to me y/day. I played with my gf all day, always the same squad, except for we d/c from each other ONCE, and apparently because of that single d/c I recieved ZERO spear credits, wheras my gf recieved 10k spear credits.

This caused both of us to simply stop playing yesterday as it was beyond frustrating.

Why not just give everyone 20k spear credits to make up for the gigantic mess this event has been so far?

I'm still having a lot of issues with this, now I'm not even getting bonus rewards at all- nor the right payout of rewards for my points earned. I'm sure others are as well, just kind of makes me sad. 

The Event is enjoyable, just wish it was not as fubared. 

Just wanted to say thank you for putting out the hotfixes, since this is already the third one out now after a sizeable update. It probably isn't easy to work from home and there are other struggles that we might not see, but the fact that you guys are still working in the current state of this world is very respectable.

What was released for playing is not the best, but perhaps it was intended for testing like much of the operation notes suggest, thanks for fixing the holes that are coming up throughout the week.

So lagging way behind, I finally have arrived at Railjack. I really like the system, and I find the game type to be a lot of fun. However, there are just so many bugs. I am normally a turret gunner, and I have been trapped inside the wall of the ship, thrown outside the ship while still in the gun, and most recently I was attempting to enter the gun, only for the animation to cancel, but the game still believe I was in the gun. I could move freely around, but doors would not open for me, and I could not interact with the different parts of the ship. I've done about 10 railjacks now, and I have only had two that were bug free, and four were completely broken by bugs I could only escape by aborting the mission. 

While this is not too big of an issue at my level of play (starting missions around earth), at a higher level I cannot imagine how it would be, and it has killed all desire I have to try out the space component of scarlet spear.

I have been repeat running the ground assault, and I have encountered two problems:

1. Is there any way to clearly show which flotillas are currently dealing with waves? There doesn't appear to be any delineation at the moment, and there is nothing quite like having to work through over a dozen flotillas to find an active one.

2. At the moment, for score, it is beneficial to run the ground assault for as long as possible. For kill codes, however, it is better to start new rounds (for me at least) at about the 9th condrix, after which the phases grow extremely long. Is there some way to reconcile this, like after a certain point the missions reward more kill codes rather than more score per kill code?

I hope this is useful. I have really enjoyed having a reason to pull out the parascesis again, and the combat now feels better balanced; rather than basically having a critical-mass-off, it seems to actually follow a difficulty curve. No idea how that works in detail, but appreciate it.

I'm missing "Arsenal" under "Equipment" in the main menu.

Warframes are taking up a lot of screen space in "Arsenal / Upgrade" Love to see the warframe just removed from this screen, seems they are always getting in the way of the mods.

Space crews still sometimes don't get any kill codes, just left a Murex raid where no codes were generated despite the flotilla having 3 space crews and +10 ground crews.

I'd like to actually play both parts of the event, so this is saddening.

Maybe the Operation was released a little too early?

Have they fixed the reward/time/price ratios yet?

add a digit at the end of the reward AND/OR remove one from the prices.

Really bored but this is not worth my time, you should try to get your players to feel happy and nice not annoyed and frustrated 

Just now, thalminion said:

Have they fixed the reward/time/price ratios yet?

add a digit at the end of the reward AND/OR remove one from the prices.

Really bored but this is not worth my time, you should try to get your players to feel happy and nice not annoyed and frustrated 

on top of a minimum of 20k spear creds for everyone, sure. Then I would never have to play this stupid event again. Oh wait, it fails 99/100 times so I can't play it anyway!

I have been having an issue with not receiving kill codes in the murex raid.
I am host and railjack owner and I had one friend with me. One thing we noticed was that my friend’s relay chat was several min faster then mine and mine only updated in spurts. Example: when we placed our beacon it said the message that “I was waiting for an upload code” on my friends chat but not on mine. My friends chat then immediately gets a response message that said “XXX has sent me a kill code.” I then carefully watched my relay chat and sure enough, a few min later I saw both messages and then we started downloading the kill code. 
Hope this info helps solve the problem!

Note: we have only had this problem with me as host for some reason, joining other people’s squads is fine. Also, on occasion my relay chat seems to have different people and messages then my friends. We believe that the chat connection is playing a large role in whether or not we receive kill codes. 

Just did 3 rounds of 17 condrixes with a 4 man team.. didnt get anything   thats screwed

you would assume would be the minimum working order to have an event.. this is seriously bugged

Oh and on top of that as a big poke in the behind.. 3 random shabby emblems.. really guys!!!????

worst event ever in wf

I've been trying to start a mission with a premade team cause if i try to start it public it always turns out to just be solo.

3 days have passed and about 4 hours of just waiting for the mission to begin, waiting for others to connect since others have alt f4'd out of frustration and oh so many bugs and endless host migrations, u need to give me a way to make these credits on my own in solo stuff, it's impossible to start a mission in this event. it's all broken delete the event or just ignore me i'm not sure i wont delete this tedious game all together

2 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

8. I hope the moderators here are prudent in removing comments that are downright rude and disrespectful and abusive to DE. I see a lot of that just rolling on and on and it's not good. DE doesn't deserve to be treated like that. Criticism should be constructive, not destructive.

On the contrary. They deserve every bit of flak they get for the abysmal quality of their work. Respect isn't granted; it's earned, and DE has done precious little recently to earn it.

4 minutes ago, Cyanide2018 said:

On the contrary. They deserve every bit of flak they get for the abysmal quality of their work. Respect isn't granted; it's earned, and DE has done precious little recently to earn it.

No not exactly  - personal attacks and insults are not acceptable, flak for bugs or game related issues should be put forward in less aggressive 'child having a trantrum' format

So I waited for 3 hot fixes before trying Operation Scarlet Spear last night. I selected a relay instance and got in a ground mission to get a feel of it but then was shortly told to go to extraction since the Murex count reached 100. I then tried a couple of other relay instances which were "busy" with less than 100 Murex count but they were completely empty with no Murex wave when I got to the relay. I finally found one instance with people waiting but the Murex wave timer kept reseting so I can't play and gave up. There are better things to do in Warframe.

Archived