[DE]Megan

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

Posted (edited)

Still no bonus credits , most of the relays are empty for some reason (bug obviously).

The grind was already painful , but grind for nothing ? Back off DE .

Edit : There's the new mordhau update guys ! Join me in a funnier game :)

Edited by Kim-Pine
  • Like 4

So I waited for 3 hot fixes before trying Operation Scarlet Spear last night. I selected a relay instance and got in a ground mission to get a feel of it but then was shortly told to go to extraction since the Murex count reached 100. I then tried a couple of other relay instances which were "busy" with less than 100 Murex count but they were completely empty with no Murex wave when I got to the relay. I finally found one instance with people waiting but the Murex wave timer kept reseting so I can't play and gave up. There are better things to do in Warframe.

Posted (edited)

No satellite when Murex were available, and it let us in the mission. 

3E4283082C7E150B3FB60D5AF3FDE693C2963960

Edited by Cerebrum123

I feel like every new update is geared towards making every new activity more and more tedious but not rewarding:

- Kuva Liches require grinding the murmurs, weapons (with randomized stats) and parazon mods;

- Railjack requires constant repairs, grinding for resources and better parts (with randomized stats);

- Now Scarlet Spear requires you to stay in the same flotilla and grind the same missions for better victory rewards. You're not getting anything extra if you switch between space and ground. And it has only 100 Murex to drive away, with time limit, with limited amount of players on flotilla and event itself is only 4 weeks long, not to mention tiny rewards for playing.

Not a fan of recent changes, that's all i'm gonna say.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

THe Scarlet Spear does link Ground with Space Groups, Murex are not up to date, an new relai has no murex, AND AND, many people has hud problems from start = no points at the end (while starting the mission @[DE]Rebecca different loadingbartimes seems to be the problem for it).

Rejoin an old "USED" Relai would be nice! FULL IS FULL and not watchable or joinable. 1Disconnect or 1 Bug in 3 turn = fail for the group

Edited by xXPeGaSuSXx
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hai DE ...just want you to know most relay got that no murex found bug (idk tried many other relay still the same) and some not really of fan to do lot of grindy in one relay for 100/100 (or if we do has lot of free time in quarantine but I dont) can DE team fix this..even i do 3 run from murex and condrix run then exit relay/game it doesnt matter as long the count not 100/100 n not getting the cred reward <oh no my time wasted>

Edited by NewbDataFrame

I see new hotfix.... 

Hopes up! 

Join relay 34/100.... 

In relay ... there no murex raid available ....

Yeah..... Alt+F4  and start having fun while playing other games.... 

Guys im not mad im just sad and disapointed...
The rewards are joke and no respect the time investments at all... and yeah ... the whole thing not working is a big problem too..... and god help mercy shooting neraly invincible tubes while stuck  in the texture and then get dps check from the sentient bird...   S.O. M.U.C.H. F.U.N.

• Like 3

losing countless hours doing the missions only to get stuck in them to lose everything you worked for totally unfair waiting and waiting for ground support to send kill codes and they never get there then you die lose everything after sending so much time doing it not even credit for being in the mission all progress gets lost so end up losing game time rewards its almost like I didn't play at all after spending most of my day playing and losing that sucks plz plz plz fix this

To be fair, I want to keep having faith in this event but hell it is hard...

Ground part is simply a mobile defense mission but longer cause you have to deal with grineers and sentients with little to no reward in the end... It would have been nice to, for once, team up with the grineers but no, they only stay in the "hurr durr must kill tennos" mood... -_-
So yeah, in the end, everyone wants to go in the space part because it is easier and rewards more credits but it finally gets even longer than on the ground as everyone leaves this side.
And having to stay until the last murex is destroyed to get the additionnal reward? Seriously?

My disappointement in this event is immesurable for now, hope it will get better quite quickly otherwise, no one will be playing the event apart from the very bored people

• Like 3

Thanks for the hotfixes but please do something about all the recent unnecessary nerfs to gimmicks.

Gas is extremely weak now, the radius buff is pointless when it literally can't kill anything after level 30. It's genuinely weaker than using pure toxic.

Reduce the falloff of some explosive weapons like Kuva ogris, maybe even add a deadzone radius to explosions that maintains full damage before actually starting the falloff.

The redeemer prime nerf was completely uncalled for, it's nowhere near OP or anything like that. It's just another weapon that people occasionally use for fun, and it can be easily outclassed by an actual gun with a good build.

• Like 3

I was just in a Murex raid, our mission ended on completion then we couldn't leave to go back to Flotilla. Had a cataclysmic failure didn't repair because we couldn't interact with navagation to go home the correct way so we figured blowing up would send us home.

NOPE and we got a failure!

Finally had to ALT F4 to exit

This isn't a rant, or a negative post party to tear down DE. I want DE to suceend, I love playing Warframe... I'm pleading with you to figure out a cohesive vision for this game's future and put resources and effort in place to get there.  This buggy half baked mess ain't it, stop and reset. Figure out what you want to be most of us are rooting for you!!!

OK, serious question DE. What about closing the event, saving everybody's point, FIXING THE DAMN THING, balancing it rightly, releasing it in 2/3 weeks WHEN IT IS READY ?  And as an apology gift everyone 20k credits. Do that and you might not loose ton of players, because i sure as hell am not going to play this mess. And surely i won't pay a single more euro in this game anymore. 

Sincerely, a heavily paying customer. 

• Like 2

Great "Fix" now u owe me 20k operation cred's... 

All relay space mission's are bugged, u still can't "invite ppl u whanna", if u go as 4 on relay almost everyone got ghost relay...

Just don't do any "fixes" u just add bug's instead, better return to release version Kappa

1 hour ago, staticall said:

weapons (with randomized stats)

I imagine you're talking about the % of the 'progenitor' stat.

The credit/murex system need to be completely reworked...  It's like trying to walk a tightrope... Either you join a populated relay so you can finish the 100, or you pick a less busy one so you can reach 5k credits and don't kill the 100 murex... The system works against itself. 

And as a kicker the relays don't report their status accurately so it's a total crapshoot what you're going to walk into. You guys need to fix that like before release...

I suggest you make the reward available to those who put in the effort even if their relay didnt kill all 100. Fair is fair, if you put in the effort but there just weren't enough it doesn't mean you exerted any less effort... You really have no control how few or many people join your relay or if people balance evenly between ground/rj. You should get rewarded for your effort.

SECONDLY

Condrix and Murex ARE NOT BALANCE like not even in the slightest. And the Murex is clearly benefiting from taking advantage of the ground. Murex is getting close to 9k credits while ground can't breach 5k... But murex wouldn't be able to do anything unless ground does their part... You really need to bring these into balance. 

I suggest just boosting the credits earned on ground, or even just moving the cap from 17 to 20 so ground groups only have to spend a little while longer to get to the 5k threshold. 

fg3IMn2.jpg

This picture clearly illustrates the issue... There is a great disparity between murex and ground rewards... And the imbalance in rewards is leading to an imbalance in teams which is cyclically screwing this event up... These must be brought into balance. No suggestion here this is just necessary.

You guys plan to stream this in like 3hrs, you aren't embarrassed by the first impression this bug-riddled nonfunctional event would broadcast to fresh eyes? You only get one shot at that first impression before someone decides this game isn't functional and that they don't wish to play it. 

I criticize because I know you can do better. And I know you want to do better.  

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Leqesai said:

The warframe community is horribly vocal with the complaining. I have never been so invested in a game where people complain as much as the people around these forums.

Personally i like the shield gating.

i like sheild gating as well, but this event leaves much to be desired

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@[DE]Rebecca hi, there's a bug with operation scarlet that prevents us from getting the bonus reward : either the murex kills are not attributed to the correct flotilla, or when entering or exiting a space mission we're switching flotilla.

i've just done a mission (with a premade group), entering the railjack with the flotilla being at 11 murex driven away, killed 5 murex and came out of the mission to see the flotilla still at 11 murex driven away and no points being shown on the board for me.

that happened several times to me. and i'm not getting any bonus reward. please fix the way murex kills are tracked by the flotillas, and/or the bonus attribution condition (give it even if the player isnt in the flotilla anymore when it reaches 100 or something), because right now, putting in efforts for 1-2h to reach the 5k participation in a murex wave and not get any bonus is infuriating.

also, some space squads receive multiple killcodes in a row while others are waiting without getting any. you guys need to put squads on a list ordered by timestamps they put their oplinks up.

to give credit where credit is due though : the event is pretty much awesome (if you dont take the bugs into account). nova's new deluxe skin is gorgeous.

Edited by blaes
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hello DE, I tried today some runs but all attempts din't work out because,  all relays that  joined are disconected. They say: No murux invasion right now. I tried restarting the game but after three times restarting and still no functional response I gave up the hope. Please fix this. This problem is very common, when the relay server does not work, then the chat also wont be linked to the relay. But somehow u can talk to all people who are in the same situation as I described here above.

Also could u make it possible to switch relays (from the relay where you are in to an other relay (server)). That would be very usefull when a murux has ended and then you end up mabey less often as described above.

About ending murux invasion in a relay: In someway  I joined a already completed murux invasion relay.  Please fix that also. If this was not the intention.

People find it annoying that the scarlet operation chat is visible at all time, please also adjust this if possible.

The railjack mission in the murux raid is very easy, I could do it even solo with my ship unprotected. While I have normally a hard time in Veil proxima.

Edited by Lordwolfspirit
Grammar, I hope u can read it :P

I only wish it was possible to go public and join a mid-session squad, like every other mission. Well, at least in my region, going public always gets me solo anyways... I don't know if it is meant to be like this, but I prefer joining a random squad and do the trick with the tools we have. But of course, I'm not talking about joining in at the 17th Condrix and get all the credits for free, but i think it's fine up to the 2nd one.

1 hour ago, Akegara said:

Ground part is simply a mobile defense mission but longer cause you have to deal with grineers and sentients with little to no reward in the end..

It honestly goes by pretty quickly and getting a relic or 500 endo per condrix is pretty decent. One thing I found out today is if someone can deal damage to the condrix other's can kill the sentient while condrix is still open, making the condrix open as soon as it closes again. Meanwhile the mobile defense is true but it's a lot quicker then mobile defense with 3 or 4 links being dropped. And a single limbo with range/duration build can stop all threats to the operational links. 

if there's a problem is just that it's repeatable. but getting 17 done (the max per ground mission) is challenging with the levels going to like 175. I think the space missions are far more boring and they are easier then normal railjack missions. 

2 minutes ago, Azrael_V said:

My feedback from my last hour...

No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detectNo Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,ed,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected,No Murex detected...

At this point I dunno...

@Azrael_V You made it much more clear then me XD.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

1. It's not too grindy. It's actually quite light on grind. You get 10K bonus points every wave easily. That's a lot of points and can easily be done within one hour. Getting enough points to buy the new weapons is hardly a grind in my opinion.

2. The increased level of the railjack enemies is nice. I am impressed with the new visuals, the new enemies, the new tiles and so on. I've only done the railjack portion of this event so far.

3. The new lore is awesome. Thank you for putting that in the game.

4. There are bugs. Bugs which I am sure you are aware of, like the missing head on the NPC in the flotilla, or the "waiting for kill codes" bug. I didn't experience the kill code bug at all last night, which was nice.

5. It's easily cheesable with Limbo. Kind of tough to balance that because limbo's very design is to be imbalanced and break the AI. Tough to balance without breaking limbo.

6. You guys aren't getting enough credit for what you have done right. Players are zooming in on the negative and blowing it out of proportions. If I was DE, I would be proud of what I've created. The story, sound design, visual effects, and overall performance here is excellent. YES - there are some issues. But I think you guys deserve more credit for what is actually good here. Thanks for what you've created. Please fix the issues though.

7. I'm going to do another in depth analysis on status effects. I am surprised you guys didn't touch viral. I'll run a battery of tests again, this time I'll include the new sentient enemies. I intend to create some charts based on my results. If things don't change, I suspect viral+heat or viral+slash will become the new meta. I'll find out.

8. I hope the moderators here are prudent in removing comments that are downright rude and disrespectful and abusive to DE. I see a lot of that just rolling on and on and it's not good. DE doesn't deserve to be treated like that. Criticism should be constructive, not destructive.

1- If the event worked, had equal payouts for ground and air, and wasn't time gated, this would be the case. It's not though, so...

2- This is nice yes.

3- Lore is always good.

4- There are many more bugs than just that. The event is unplayable at times and in some cases you don't even recieve rewards.

5- Limbo makes the ground portion of the event actually bearable.

6- They are getting credit, the performance here is bad, ctd's more than skyrim.

7- Impact, Gas, Magnetic, and Cold are all still very lackluster.

8- Being critical of a major game company with a large budget for releasing a broken, buggy, occasionally unplayable, time gated, grindy event isn't bullying or being mean.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

I haven't been this put off by Warframe since I started playing.

For the first time I can't reliably play with my friends (since MR0) anymore, since we can't reliably join a flotilla even if we group up first. When we finally get the guys together in the same flotilla/instance, the first mission is usually a "no mission rewards for some"-mess. And if someone gets kicked during loading (before this bug shows up when plinking down the op-links), we all have to restart not the mission, not Scarlet Spear but Warframe itself in order to get everyone back into the same instance.

If the first mission is a "no mission rewards for some" we do a quick "1 Murex" and go back to the Scarlet Spear HQ, and start a new mission. By then the actual gameplay mostly is working, so we do 3 X 5 Murex. The leaderboard says 5000+ points = fine, we have maxed this wave. The flotilla is at 81 points with over half the time left, so everything is alright, bonus credits are coming our way. We hang around in Scarlet Spear for short while, but then when the guys are starting to leave one says, wait. For some reason the number of Murexes driven away has stopped at 83, even though there are 5 space teams and 10+ grounds teams, and the kill codes seem to be rolling in. Wtf! The other guys have to leave so I jump into Murex space alone. No kill codes arrives, no more Murexes are driven away, but I can see the kill codes rolling in from the ground team. Wtf! I go back to Scarlet Spear, go into space again. No kill codes coming, flotilla still at 83. I figure it might be my game, a whole flotilla can't have crashed, now can it. So I leave Scarlet Spear, go back in, still at 83, still a lot of teams in space and on the ground, fighting for the common cause. But the no kill codes for the cause seem to be registering. So I restart Warframe, go back to Scarlet Spear. Can't select a new instance, so the game still remembers where I was. Good! Or not, since I arrive in Flotilla 1. And the board says "No Murex available". Oh boy!

After about an hour I check the situation again, my flotilla/instance is still at 83. There went not only another hour of my life, but all the promised bonus. A flotilla that easily got to 80+ in less than half the time should have completed 100 with ease, but the kill codes didn't register. I wonder how many of my fellow Tenno were fighting on the ground to produce all those kill codes that never went anywhere...

Earlier today we had a 2-player team that did two 5 Murex and one 4 Murex, ending up with 4960 standing (40 from max payout of bonus), we did the 100th Murex ourselves, so the flotilla/instance did complete. But the reward arriving in the inbox was two emblems, no credits whatsoever. Not a single one.

After three days I have no idea how many credits have been lost to a kaleidoscope of bugs. I am ready to give up on Little Duck, getting me to fight for free promising rewards that never materialize. Should be called Little Huckster, the bloody cheat. If she wants me back in business, she'll have to pay me what she owes first. With interest.

Paradoxically I can see a lot of good stuff in this new system, and as with Railjack a lot of future potential. A lot to build on, to keep Warframe going. And the recent changes to melee and status are good and interesting, and shows DE has the courage to fix things. I should be happy for all this, but I feel mostly cheated and slightly burned out. All the let-downs and Little Duck stealing my credits have put me off Warframe, and who knows when the problems will be fixed, or if they ever will be.

Edited by Graavarg
  • Like 4