Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

[DE]Megan

After playing this mode a bit more... it seems that DE wanted us to go to the relays first, then squad up there,

This could be indicated by the situations where a person goes over to the relay and then tries getting people via recruiting chat, only to see "relay has reached max player limit" and get frustrated by that. This "relay has reached max player limit" message indicates that the teaming up probably was meant to occur at the relay among people already within the relay.

But in practice, we all squad up in orbiter since that is how the game always was. But now we are presented with a different set of issues (or in this case, glitches). After having a team at the orbiter level, and proceeding over to the relay, we find a glitch that says "No Murex Detected" and we have to disband and reform and go to another instance of the relay. Sometimes the instance selection screen shows something like 33/100, but when you arrive at the relay, it is 100/100 and there's no Murex again. This may happen several times before successfully finding a relay with available missions, making the matchmaking process more difficult than the actual mission, which is just mobile defense with a few extra steps.

Overall, it looks like there's a conflict between what was intended and how the game is actually / usually played.

To me, this situation shows that the game NEEDS better matchmaking systems. Please take some time to create MATCHMAKING 2.0. From stuff like finding a squad, to filtering in/out what frames you want in the team, etc. It would probably solve 80% of the this forums complaints as well, including players being upset that their team mates are "leeching" / too slow / not doing enough, and those that complain people are too fast and preventing them from having their "interactivity". And for those concerned about the nodes or missions or times of day where there's not enough people for a squad... first, things like time of day and off-peak are already a thing regardless of whether matchmaking is improved, and further they can simply have the matchmaking system take that into account. When the game has high/healthy traffic of people playing, matchmaking settings work and all the filters apply. When someone is playing the game at off-peak periods, then the matchmaking automatically goes off. The UI can simply say "Selected Mission is currently experiencing low traffic, matchmaking settings may not apply" in the low crowd situations

Hello! So, my teammates and I know what we're supposed to do and how to do it. We've done the ground missions just fine, easy peasy. We can take the Murex on just fine, but for some reason, we haven't been able to receive kill codes. Two times in a row, we've gone to a Murex while the ground squads outnumber the space squads at least 2-1, setup camp....and wait twenty+ minutes for one, maybe two kill codes? We can see them being sent and received by the bucket loads in the chat, but we've been wasting a lot of time waiting for nothing that shows up. We were even at an almost 3-1 ratio this last time, and got nothing to work with. The first time we went to the Murex, we took one out, so I know it's not the methodology being wrong. It may sound like a small problem, but it's frustrating to keep wasting time when the numbers say everything should be humming right along, and it would be nice to be able to mix up what we do. As nice as it would be to take a space-break, we don't feel like we dare if we want to accumulate any points at all.

On 2020-03-27 at 2:36 AM, Xepthrichros said:

the game NEEDS better matchmaking systems. Please take some time to create MATCHMAKING 2.0.

Indeed. Shockingly people have fought against me when I've asked for this.
It can be one improvement at a time but it needs to be a number 1 priority. It's blows my mind it's been so long with nearly zero improvement in the way of automated matchmaking. The fact it's been just a chat-log to find players when the requests for matchmaking are so common.

It can even be built with some code that could very easily be reused for trading improvements after matchmaking is made reasonable.

I think more work needs to be done with balancing the new status effects. Viral is still a bit OP. And so is Heat. Corrosive is much less valuable now with the new "S curve" armour scaling. Magnetic is getting overshadowed by both viral and heat, even when being used against the corpus! I made a video on all of this, I hope DE sees it.

Archived