Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

[DE]Megan

Riiiiight... so we ran 3 groundmissions to 17 to reach over 5 k.

The flotilla ends and my mailbox shows up with 2k credits... Amazing. 1h 20 minutes down the drain. Why am I even playing this game where there seems to be 0 consideration for the players time and this event gets released in this horrible state for us to literally betatest?

You punish players for switching team and that's stupid.

People also get f@@ked if other players happen to not join their flotilla and end up not reaching 100/100. So people just shouldn't play in a new murex session? How stupid can you be to design such a system? Get your freaking mind right DE.

A problem I've had a couple times now with the flotilla victory bonus is not getting it even though I've put a whole lot of effort in because I unlucked into being onto an inactive flotilla or tried during a less active time.  It feels pretty punishing to not get the lion's share of credits gain for that.  I really think the whole victory/flotilla/timer scenario needs to be rethought entirely.

44 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Now, Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000).

tzc4YFY.jpg 

NpFkH4o.jpg   7j67dUe.jpg

So, if I understand correctly, I should get 10k credits instead of 2k that I got.

Should we expect a compensation when you fix the issue?

I don't care either way as long as you fix it but, it's good to know for planning ahead.

Edit: LOL... I didn't check the thread before posting. Apparently everyone has the same question.

/Foo

2 minutes ago, sitfesz said:

Yeah, I do now. Hopefully you're the right in this.

Well in their own example:
"As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout"

It wouldn't make sense to award someone that had a higher score with less payout in their own example.

vor 31 Minuten schrieb TheFoxing:

thank you for the fixes

question: is the ground team suppose to not be able to actually go endless with forced extraction at 16 scans? 

really bummed out we're getting scaling rewards but can't actually scale...

DE statement on this:

Endless? 

The original mission design was Endless, but after testing we added a cap to help the flow and battle resolution. The cap on Condrix is 17 in 1 Ground Assault and 5 Murex in 1 Murex Raid. 

VTaVl8.png

hfp15L.png

6u69xf.png

12 minutes ago, Zecthus said:

How is this going to work tho? Because for two times I reached rank 3 and got the wrong amount. The first one I got 6k and the second one (which was a few minutes before this hotfix) I got only 2k (and my score was 8k). Im getting the Rank 3 emblems in the email, but only got the right amount of creds once. Is there a plan for a retroactive reward for this cases? 

Just to add to my comment. Please fix this ç.ç

Thanks for your hard work!

29 minutes ago, Lord_Khaavren said:

The new score rewards are only going to further the divide in reward inconsistencies for time spent in murex raids vs time spent in ground assault. There is already a huge issue with not enough people doing ground mission to supply codes for murex raids and this will make it worse because you can earn twice the points in the same amount of time doing railjack vs condrix. This just means the most stubborn railjack players will receive the most rewards while others feel forced into doing ground missions for less.

good intentions, bad planning, even worse execution....

its been like this for yrs and DE still didnt learn from all the negative feedback.

what a shame...

49 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

We have changed the way Bonus Victory Payout is calculated to benefit all participating players in Murex Victories. Previously, your Victory Payout was determined by your Rank in the Flotilla (I, II, or III). Now, Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (capped at 10,000). 100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.

• As an example - if you earn 300 points in a Ground Assault in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 600 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
  • As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
  • This aims to address some feedback we’ve been receiving about players who join a Flotilla in progress (ex 70/100 Murex Driven Away, etc) who aren’t able to reach a Rank in the Flotilla before it reaches 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

Can we get clarification on this. is it Best single run or Best Total Runs

AKA: If I do 3 rounds each of 300 points do I get 600 bonus or 1,800 bonus points

46 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

capped at 10,000

Why? Once a player reaches 5k in a relay the incentive to stay is only to help get it to 100/100, but their time is no longer being rewarded with an incentive of a bonus.

I reached 15k yesterday, I would very much have liked a 30k bonus for that (I got 2k thanks to some weird bug, probably why this reward system is now changing).

Please review this to have a higher cap or no cap. A player should be able to grind efficiently if they want to, I thought this lesson on caps would have been learnt from standing caps on open worlds 😕

Also, review the rewards for ground team vs space team. This means BUFF ground team or have the 2 teams aligned somehow so they both gain equally when working in sync. At the moment due to differences in scoring and time to complete missions, there is more incentive to play space mode (and now people can just hop into RJ matchmaking this may get worse). We already get stuck with no codes being sent (bug?), we don't also want no codes being sent as people do not want to play the less rewarding ground team role. That's bad game design, wasn't the whole point of arcane changes and changes to status effects to give player's more choice in the game? Give player's that choice here, please.

52 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

This aims to address some feedback we’ve been receiving about players who join a Flotilla in progress (ex 70/100 Murex Driven Away, etc) who aren’t able to reach a Rank in the Flotilla before it reaches 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

Why is this even a thing...

Honestly I'd rather have higher base rewards and no extra payouts... the whole concept of trying to hit a target within an unknown amount of time is just stupid imo. 

Pretty sure I haven't missed it anywhere but we still have the discrepancy between land and space rewards... and in all honesty NOTHING that has been done so far is making me want to play the event, it still feels like I'm being forced to do the same chores over and over... it just is not fun...

Archived