Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear - Victory Payout

Blazing_Oni

The latest Hotfix has just been deployed. DE changed the way your Victory Payout is calculated wich is absolutely fine tbh. But what still bothers me is that Quote

"100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout."

This "mechanic" does not respect the players time investment. I played quite a bit of the event over the last 12 hours. I played in a squad with 3 members of my alliance. We chose a Relais that was almost full ( 10 Ground-, 8 Space-Squads). We did 2 full runns of the Railjack part of that Event (5 Murex) wich took us about 50 minutes. But after we were done we realised that now the Relais was basically empty (3 Ground Squads an 1 Railjack Squad ….we). 

Now to the problem.

Getting Victory Payout is essential to your progression towards getting arcanes or basically anything in the shop. With the last change to the calculation of your Victory Payout wich now essentially doubles your SS Credits after your Relais reaches 100/100 Murex (capped at 10k credits), it reduces the grind by 66% and makes it easier to get anything in the shop without having to spend hours grinding the same mission over and over wich is a very welcome change. You can now stop at 5 k SS-credits and be sure to get another 10k...IF your Relais reaches 100/100 Murex.

That IF is a big Problem because you can not actively to anything about that. Coming back to what I wrote in the beginning. After finishing 2 Space-Raids my squadmates and I were stuck on a Relais with no active Players left. That means no further killcodes for us. That means no increase in Victory Payout. That means more grind. We were also essentialy stuck on that Relais since you can't carry your Progression over to another Relais. So we basically lost twice our earned credits as Victory Payout since the Relais was stuck at 72/100 Murex with 20 minutes left and no active Players.

This wouldn't be such a big deal if the mission-credits were twice as high but since Victory Payout is integral to the balance of the economy for this Event loosing credits for something you have no control over just straight up sucks. This is just a bad design. It is never fun to lock something important to your content behind something I as a player have no control over… Maybe Players will stay on that Relais... Maybe not... even if the relais is full Maybe some squads are just to "slow" to reach 100/100 Murex. It's just a gamble at this Point (It has been for me at least). Not even talking about the fact that sometimes the amount of Victory Payout you're getting is not correct.

A very easy fix would be to remove this 100/100 threshold completely and just give me a percentage of the Victory Payout based on the amount of Murex "destroyed".

Meaning if I end up on a relais with 80/100 Murex after 3 hours I get 80% of my Victory Payout. That way I am always guarantied to get at least some of the bonus credits even if my relais ends up being empty after 2 hours.

That would be a fair change. You still reward the players who manage to reach the full 100 Murex with more credits but the ones who are unlucky with their relais (2 times so far for me) do not leave empty handed.

• Like 28

Totally agree. I actually enjoy the event itself, the missions, I don't mind the repetitive nature of it unlike other players. But the rewad structure straight up sucks and sounds like something that was devised by someone that doesn't play the game and just comes up with ideas that sound good on paper but can't meet the reality test. This is what I wrote in the patch notes thread:

I wish you guys would move away from this '100/100 Murex driven away' for the victory payout, or just completely remove victory payouts alltogether and increase the amount of credits earned per run. It's just a needlessly convoluted and frustrating reward system. It combines time gating with random "luck" elements that are completely out of your hands. I know on paper it probably sounded cool and thematically fitting for the designers, but in practice it's just frustrating to navigate the logistics of it for us players. 

• Like 7

Or, how about you remove this 100/100 bullS#&$, remove the extra timers. And simply multiply the creds you get by x3 for the event ? Simple solution, rewards you for your time, afk people don't get rewarded. I know they wanna make this feel like we are "connected" but leave that to another patch where the programmers know wtf they doing. S#&$'s not working. 

• Like 6

Yeah, Victory Payout definitely doesn't respect players time investment. It's a problem if you're too slow driving away the Murex, because you won't get anything. However, it's also a problem if you're too fast driving away the Murex, because then you just cut off the other people farming points. This is especially so since it's supposed to be the longer you stay, the more points you get.

• Like 2

Is it possible to invite people to a Relais and fill it with people you want? As in, get a group together with clan, alliance, and recruit chat invites and fill a Relais with a reliable group that way?

Barring that, see if hollering in the recruit or region chat helps if you need bodies.

Not saying their system ain't borked, just looking at options to alleviate the pain atm.

(Will also help me with a game plan once it hits Xbox)

I will remove the 100/100 thing and base the bonus on how much muraxes are driven away during the 3h cycles

with 1 murah being 1% bonus

so 100 muraxes will still grant 100% bonus,meaning if you get 1000 points within that 3 hours,you will get an additional 2k as a bonus 

with that said,it is possible to go past 100 killed,meaning you can get more than 100% bonus in a 3h cycle. Example 125 driven away,125% bonus for 1k points earned will be 2250 bonus points.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DarthIronclad said:

I will remove the 100/100 thing and base the bonus on how much muraxes are driven away during the 3h cycles

with 1 murah being 1% bonus

so 100 muraxes will still grant 100% bonus,meaning if you get 1000 points within that 3 hours,you will get an additional 2k as a bonus 

with that said,it is possible to go past 100 killed,meaning you can get more than 100% bonus in a 3h cycle. Example 125 driven away,125% bonus for 1k points earned will be 2250 bonus points.

I like this! It keeps the feeling of all working together, and incentivises staying with a flotilla to help them, but doesn't overly punish you for it.

It's not perfect (I feel like the amount you and your team personally put in to achieve that goal should also contribute) but it's probably better than the current system.

This situation is also a LOT worse outside of the NA/EU regions. I played with some clanmates in the SA region, we did way over the minimum 5k for the rank 3 payout, but the flotilla didn't reach 100/100 because there just aren't enough players playing in those regions. I usually play NA region when I'm solo or going through recruit chat, but my friends and clan are all from SA and always play there. It's pretty hard to get 100/100 in the flotillas there, and there aren't even that many open per wave to begin with. They really need to scrap this 100/100 BS... 

• Like 6

So before the hotfix people were getting the wrong victory payout -- I myself participated in two waves, got to tier 3, and got only 2k credits at the end both times -- and after the hotfix, there are no victory payouts at all?

Honestly astonishing how much of a catastrophe this whole roll-out has been.

• Like 5

I'd rather they just binned that mechanic and just paid out more in the missions. That way people who can't hang around doing this for 3 hours at a time arent being screwed over and those who are putting serious time in aren't worrying about missing out due to the relay not getting 100 done in that time.

• Like 1

here here.

Part of the problem is that flotillas carry over to next event cause not everyone leaves them.  So lots of flotillas get started but after peak hours there are still lots but not enough players and players are spread too thin making LOTS go XX/100.

The other part is that sometimes groups will break apart on a flotilla, and then it is 'full' so a new group can't replace them, and the broken up group has members that stay there, blocking re-forming the party on the flotilla and the likes.

Basically, the rewards are structured on a system requiring widespread coordination.   But there is no system to coordinate it efficiently enough to not waste effort by alot of people.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GREF_TM said:

You know what's the absolute worst part? There's a metric crapton of backlash about this whole cost/reward situation, yet devs a still mostly quiet about it. Communication, my arse.

its been deployed like 2 days ago. calm down.

How do you get 5k credits in one mission ? Railjack ?

I have done one Railjack mission til extraction but I didn't see the credits reward but I assume it was something like 1 or 2k. I'd like to understand the intricacies of that S#&$ but that seems awfully complex, anyone to enlighten me ?