Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shield and Armor elemental mods {Update #1}

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

Update: made changes to all the mods except "Cold Shield".

Shield

Cold shield: +350% shields, +50% shield damage resistance, +20% slow on enemies within 10m, and -50% shield recharge.

Heat shield: - 90% shield recharge delay, +100% shield recharge, +10% chance for your attacks to proc heat, and adds 6 seconds to the cooldown timer for shield gating to be able to reactivate.

Toxin/Nature Shield: Loosing 1 unit of shields gives the player 1 unit of health, depleted shields grants the player +100% movement speed, initial melee attacks deal 35% of the melee weapon's damage as toxin damage in a toxin proc, and +50% shield recharge delay.

Electricity shield: +350% shields,  regenerating 1 unit of shields grants 0.2  units of energy (abilities that recharge shields dont give energy), loosing 90% of health fully replenishes shields and electrocutes enemies within 15m, and -25% healing.

Health

Cold Armor: +75% armor, +220% health, +10 bonus armor every second up to 500 but -2 bonus armor every damage tick recieved and is -50 bonus armor on melee and explosive attack ticks, and -15% movement speed in all forms.

Heat Armor: +110% health, +50% projectile damage evasion, 100% damage immunity for 3 seconds after a kill, and -50% shields.

Toxin/Nature armor: +110% health, +15 health per second when when the player isnt sprinting or performing parkour moves, cannot loose more than 500 health per 2 seconds, -25% damage resistance to to shields.

Electricity armor: +50% armor, +110% health, +30% of power strength and weapon damage after mods when affected by a status proc, +100% status duration to self.

Thoughts on more defensive mods like these? And do you have any new ideas for defensive mods?

Edited by (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII
Making revisions based on feedback, not done yet
  • Like 2

I'm in for shield mods , kinda miss nova shields , spike shields or any property that makes the shields intwrsiring so I'm all for the shield mods.

The health ones , I don't think they are necessary and it would be nice for once for the shields to ofer something health and armor can't offer. So would prefer to have just the shield one's.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, KitMeHarder said:

Interesting ideas, but I don't think I'd use any of them except for the "Cold Shield".

Not heat for free armor reduction? Or electricity for shields to be quickly replenished activating shield gating?

Is it because you feel the other mods are bad or because you simply just dont want them?

2 hours ago, keikogi said:

I'm in for shield mods , kinda miss nova shields , spike shields or any property that makes the shields intwrsiring so I'm all for the shield mods.

The health ones , I don't think they are necessary and it would be nice for once for the shields to ofer something health and armor can't offer. So would prefer to have just the shield one's.

Theirs definently a lot of mods for health and armor already, just thought it would be nice to have the elemental effects added

Then again, my opinion may be rather bias because i always want elemental cosmetics and abilities on everything, especially ice hence my username

• Like 1

1 hour ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Not heat for free armor reduction?

• 7 meters is nothing to be honest, especially without the panic. And very rarely do I need to deal more damage to status prone enemies.
  • I assume this would take up a mod slot, so that's already stiff competition. Seeing as I almost never put on more than 2 defensive mods.
    • I get 190% less shields than redirection in exchange for 75% rate, only to lose 3/5 of my innate shield DR.
1 hour ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Or electricity for shields to be quickly replenished activating shield gating?

There are much easier ways to get above partial shield gate. And I feel shield restore would either never happen, or would never be enough. Not to mention that the -50% healing is atrocious IMO. Etc...

I can critique the other stuff as well if you want, but for example something like the -20% movement speed is bad IMO. The mod would have to be better than Adaption to accept this kind of downside in average play. It's the same reason I don't use shotguns, because they don't have Amalgam Serration.

2 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:
  • 7 meters is nothing to be honest, especially without the panic. And very rarely do I need to deal more damage to status prone enemies.
  • I assume this would take up a mod slot, so that's already stiff competition. Seeing as I almost never put on more than 2 defensive mods.
    • I get 190% less shields than redirection in exchange for 75% rate, only to lose 3/5 of my innate shield DR.

Yea, you can equip both mods but yea, maybe it is a little to low 🤔

There are much easier ways to get above partial shield gate. And I feel shield restore would either never happen, or would never be enough. Not to mention that the -50% healing is atrocious IMO. Etc...

that its true, i only made this to add more variety to a perseons build. Like the mod "hush" isnt necessarily the best mod to use over equiping a silent weapon, however having the mid opens up loadout variety by giving players the option to go silent a different way

20% movement speed is bad IMO. The mod would have to be better than Adaption to accept this kind of downside in average play. 

Right i wasnt sure how much movement speed would be too much, but why do you say it has to be better than "adaptation" rather than an optional replacement for a mod like "vitality"?

I can critique the other stuff as well if you want

Id love it! It helps me with things like this

That is, if you dont mind

17 hours ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

that its true, i only made this to add more variety to a perseons build.

To that extent it's fine. I'm only giving my personal biased opinion as an MR28 player that has tons of tool at my disposal. Adding stuff that has no drawback to how I currently play is great, and I'm sure someone will find it useful. It's just ATM I don't think I would.

17 hours ago, (PS4)IIFrost_GhostII said:

but why do you say it has to be better than "adaptation" rather than an optional replacement for a mod like "vitality"?

Because I find Adaptation to be a very powerful mod. And I was trying to show that even if a mod that was equally as powerful as Adaptation ended up being added with that downside, I still wouldn't use it. All movements slowed by 20% isn't going to be worth it to a "Vet" like me.

• The Good
    • Cold shield - 350% shields is respectable, but 50% DR on top of my 25% is massive, giving me 75% DR. An increase from 1.34x shields, to 4x shields. And the 20% slow to enemies within 10m is just a nice little bonus. The reduced rate in nothing when I'm much more tanky, will almost always have a 1 second delay, and abilities can regen shield for me.
  • The "not for me"
    • Heat shield - Did it.
    • Electricity shield - Did it.
    • Toxin shield - At a certain point you barely need healing in this game thanks to abilities, arcanes, companions, Life Strike, Healing Return, Hema, Hirudo, Basmu, Wind of Purity, etc... So it ends up being less shields, unneeded healthing IMO, and a 8 second shield delay if my shield breaks. The stun is still kinda too small, out of my control, and not all that useful (the same way companion CC abilities are bleh).
    • Cold armor - Ignoring the fact that being slow is really bad... But losing 5% of the bonus armor every damage tick is an unrewarding mechanic just like it is on Magus Firewall. At best I see this mod being used for Inaros/Rhino memes. Etc...
    • Heat armor - Reduced stats for negligible damage and a heat proc. But only after you lose 100 health, and only dealt to enemies currently affected but an ability (not any new cast afterwards). And again rarely do I need to deal more damage to status prone enemies, especially this inconsistently.
    • Toxin armor - Nothing inherently bad, but again I personally don't need anymore sources of healing. Getting back to full has never been the problem, surviving burst damage has. And anything with an Ignis already shreds your booty, I can only imagine an extra 75% damage.
    • Electricity armor - Worthless damage, and if it doesn't deal an electric proc it's totally worthless. Not to mention +150% status duration to self can be really bad.
  • Like 2

To that extent it's fine. I'm only giving my personal biased opinion as an MR28 player that has tons of tool at my disposal. Adding stuff that has no drawback to how I currently play is great, and I'm sure someone will find it useful. It's just ATM I don't think I would.

Because I find Adaptation to be a very powerful mod. And I was trying to show that even if a mod that was equally as powerful as Adaptation ended up being added with that downside, I still wouldn't use it. All movements slowed by 20% isn't going to be worth it to a "Vet" like me.

• The Good
    • Cold shield - 350% shields is respectable, but 50% DR on top of my 25% is massive, giving me 75% DR. An increase from 1.34x shields, to 4x shields. And the 20% slow to enemies within 10m is just a nice little bonus. The reduced rate in nothing when I'm much more tanky, will almost always have a 1 second delay, and abilities can regen shield for me.
  • The "not for me"
    • Heat shield - Did it.
    • Electricity shield - Did it.
    • Toxin shield - At a certain point you barely need healing in this game thanks to abilities, arcanes, companions, Life Strike, Healing Return, Hema, Hirudo, Basmu, Wind of Purity, etc... So it ends up being less shields, unneeded healthing IMO, and a 8 second shield delay if my shield breaks. The stun is still kinda too small, out of my control, and not all that useful (the same way companion CC abilities are bleh).
    • Cold armor - Ignoring the fact that being slow is really bad... But losing 5% of the bonus armor every damage tick is an unrewarding mechanic just like it is on Magus Firewall. At best I see this mod being used for Inaros/Rhino memes. Etc...
    • Heat armor - Reduced stats for negligible damage and a heat proc. But only after you lose 100 health, and only dealt to enemies currently affected but an ability (not any new cast afterwards). And again rarely do I need to deal more damage to status prone enemies, especially this inconsistently.
    • Toxin armor - Nothing inherently bad, but again I personally don't need anymore sources of healing. Getting back to full has never been the problem, surviving burst damage has. And anything with an Ignis already shreds your booty, I can only imagine an extra 75% damage.
    • Electricity armor - Worthless damage, and if it doesn't deal an electric proc it's totally worthless. Not to mention +150% status duration to self can be really bad.

Interesting, ill take all of this into consideration 

As for the movement speed thing, im a "Vet" too, been here since game release on ps4 6 to 7 years ago, and have played missions where enemies have gone over 1000 when you play for 7 to 8 hours straight. I just dont do that often because the added stress isnt worth it + i cant switch warframes, weapons, companions, and builds during the time it takes. I lose mind engagement satisfaction from so much repetition.

I like to mix it up with a tanky warframe and take the mission slow, or use a different warframe and move at a faster paced due to the warframe not being as tanky. Its why i gave the cold armor movement speed reduction with 300% increased armor, just for those who arent trying to cramp their fingers when theyre grinding for hours

But the 5% Bonus Armor reduction might be too harsh, as you said, coupled with the movement speed.. 

Thank you so much for the feedback!! I'll make some changes for sure

• Like 2

On 2020-03-28 at 2:40 AM, KaffeRausch said:

It all sounds almost too strong to make Warframe skills better out of it.

With the mod [retribution] you can see how careful they are with something like that.

DE is careful yes, but the example you chose displays the exact reason why they should remove some of their limitations with mods.

Because [Retribution] is literally worst than near every mod in the game right now.

When was the last time you needed a 60% chance for something to be stunned for 1 second after it melee hit you?

Im sure your answer would be "Never" (With a capital N) because when something melee hits you, you can just slam attack it for a 1 second stun, or jump away.

I think the only reason that mod exist is because it was made during the beginning of warframe. It was highly experimental, and holds no use at all now. Its old, and just like the old status chance mods like Melee Prowess used to give 15% status chance, it needs to be reworked or be tossed out. Its completely useless now

Since you are mostly right, but when will you revise this mod again or will it be completely out.

The mod ideas here are good, but I think DE will take longer to get something new.

Mods that reduce the energy consumption of skills can be counted on two fingers, that will not change either.

The game is still evolving, I still know where you had to cut the Warframe skills into a mod place and the stamina was used up during the race.

• Like 1

changing the way sheilds, health and armor work sound interesting. Might I suggest mods that moderately increase the stats (not even half as much as the base mods) and change the type of shields/armor/health? I have it on good authority that there are multiple kinds with different elemental strengths and weaknesses.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2020-03-31 at 9:53 PM, majorchord96 said:

changing the way sheilds, health and armor work sound interesting. Might I suggest mods that moderately increase the stats (not even half as much as the base mods) and change the type of shields/armor/health? I have it on good authority that there are multiple kinds with different elemental strengths and weaknesses.

Yea this sounds pretty cool too!

Alright i finally made some changes, lmk what you all think