Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am i the only one who won't play Scarlet Spear until some balance is done ?

HatedByLifeItself

5 minutes ago, Arphila said:

I feel like people are blowing this whole thing out of proportion ...

Yes it is kinda grindy but when the grind consists of generally standing around doing nothing it's not really that bad.

I've already made over 30k points since it has been out and that's not even playing the event all day long.

I'd really side with people complaining about the event grind if it consisted more than doing shoot stationary object and afk in limbo's rift. The only tough part about Scarlet spear is if peoples railjacks are bare bones, than you might run into some problems.

When people realize you can do nothing in space missions and get a ton of points, ain't no one going to be doing ground missions. 

• Like 1

I tried it on the first day, it was bad.

Saw that today there was matchmaking added to the Railjack portion, joined a relay and tried to join a squad and it just told me I couldn't over and over so I turned Waframe off and decided to wait until they figure their S#&$ out and make it playable.

• Like 2

Just lost what would've been 20k bonus payout (5k ground/5k space), 10k cap now after the hotfix???,  in a relay that went 97/100 at the very end. Not to bad cause I'm already sitting at 90k+ points for the event, but definitely feels like DE do not play their game sometimes

This event can really punish you for starting missions right after wave reset. All that work you spent on the event down the drain because you got unlucky with the relay you chose.  Maybe this isn't as big an issue during peak hours, but during "dead/down" hours of the game, if you start in the wrong relay, you are #*!%ed on bonus payout.

Right now its better to wait 10-20 minutes after a wave resets to see which relays all the players settle in.

Edited by Goldenrice
  • Like 2

The most annoying thing about this whole thing is the timegating. If they made it that you get your bonus after the 100 are completed right away, it wouldn't be that bad. But hey, you need to stand around for and hour or two until you can MAYBE get the bonus

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well basically the big issue atm is that most of the time, only the host gets the 10k bonus points in their inbox while the other 3 clients get 2k or crappy emblems.

Well they changed how the bonus works now so I'd recommend giving it a try if you aren't completely turned away from the event already.

11 hours ago, Arphila said:

Well they changed how the bonus works now so I'd recommend giving it a try if you aren't completely turned away from the event already.

Already did and I got precisely SQUAT for a 5010 credits point run. I have 4 shiny emblems in my inbox though? That makes it all better.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy

The event is okay. It's not ground-breaking new content, but it's something to do at least. I wish there was more variation in the objective; It's basically just mobile defense with the new enemy group for a loooong time. 

The grind is less insane if you're only going after a few arcanes & the new weapons. I'll have my first new weapon by day 3 of pretty casual playtime. I think the people acting like they need to acquire every. single. thing. Little Duck is selling to be a bit ridiculous. It beats RNG farming Eidolons at least. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

I have earned >8000 points from missions and gotten 2000 bonus credits in the mail.

Wake me up in 2 weeks when the reward is worth my time and no longer bugged.

Hopefully it will be sooner than that; if you keep up with the patch notes they're aware that some players aren't getting the correct amount of credits and are trying to figure out why the system has a discrepancy. I haven't personally been affected by it though, so I have no ideas. 

4 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Your opinion ? I can't find any positive, except the Nova bundle that looks amazing imo. 

I didn't know there would be 6k MR on offer. I also didn't know the event would be such a clusterfook at launch; I kind of expected problems, since railjack is involved, but not on this scale. from what I can tell so far, the following changes seem necessary:

- simplify the Flotilla system, just make them like relays and don't tie them to the player; there's no guarantee you get to stay on the same flotilla, and I was under the impression it would basically just be an event themed relay with a couple additional functions.

- get rid of the 100 Murex cap thing, you're supposed to be repelling an invasion, not worrying abotu whtehr you'll get rewarded. I don't know why they didn't just use the same formula of past events: award the player for simply reaching milestones (10 murexes, 25 murexes, 50 murexes etc.) and just give a fixed amount of Scarlet Credits for each milestone. this method works much better than whatever this new system is.

- same can be applied to ground teams: 10 Condrix kills, 25 Condrix kills, 50 condrix kils etc. and each time you reach these milestones you get a large amount of credits, with the amount increasing for each milestone.

it seems to me that like half the problems of this event, the ones that aren't bugs and glitches, or players getting bored, are a result of DE overcomplicating their own systems. now instead of just the usual "event is boring" threads, we've got most people saying the event in't even working properly. seems everything involving railjack is destined to be cursed... just hoping it all gets fixed for consoles.

and I don't think it would be inappropriate to extend the event, or offer some form of recompense for PC players, since they aren't getting the rewards they (rightfully) deserve playing the event in many cases.

I might not play this event ever, actually. It made me not want to play WF at all for the first time in years, largely due to the insane grind that is once again an order of magnitude more than it should be. I gave DE the benefit of the doubt for years, but they've been making the game for seven years now, they would've learned by now. They must doing this deliberately, making the grind absolutely ludicrous to then reduce it to 'only' grossly excessive and reap praise for 'listening to community feedback'. I'm not okay with being lied to like that.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, OvisCaedo said:

What new mission type is it a testbed for, exactly? 

Squad Link as a concept, as well as the Aerolyst

Yes, DE will do an Operation for something as small as a new enemy. I'd ask "remember False Profit?" but it's not healthy for the human brain to try and remember that

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Arphila:

Yes it is kinda grindy but when the grind consists of generally standing around doing nothing it's not really that bad.

I know that the Devs managed to get most of the playerbase to a point where they say exactly things like this.

The game is best (aka not that bad) when you literally dont have to play it all and can just go afk and do something else while "playing it".

But at least for me, when i am starting a game on my computer, i am not doing it to start some sort of process and then let the game generate rewards for me,

i want to actually play the game and have fun. I want to experience story, action, or simply put, have a good time with it.

So no, "its really not that bad" doesnt apply to me, this sort of "gameplay" makes the game especially bad for me and like others here, i wont really participate in it.

I can live with not getting any arcanes from it because after the reworks so far i feel even less of a need to have them maxxed, everything is more than doable already anyway.

To take your example: Why would i want to farm arcanes if i can already "win" in the game with literally standing around and doing nothing? I dont need Arcanes for that.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

I just tonight finished my railjack. Havent done 1 RJ mission. You learn from experience not to ever really rush to play an update the same day it drops.

New content should be played after 2 weeks to reduce headaches and wasted time from bugs.

and yet after its release, rj is still a broken mess so far and now this update lands with it still broken.

• Like 1

To be honest, me and some friends took this out for a spin and by our calculations, we're looking at ~25 hours to unlock the weapons and some of the stuff we want. We sort of noped out after that. We might try some tactics to speed it up, but the fact that most of the points gathering is behind a time gate of three hours and all of us have real lives, this is just likely going to be passed over.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

And the arcanes cost way too much for how many you can get ( most people would go for 15k points, that's 10 r0 common arcanes, in 3 hours because you CAN"T exit your relay) .

Where does this silly rumor come from?

Prior to yesterdays patch you would grind to R3, stick around if you want more credits from active runs and help drive off Murixes or leave to wait for a possible win payout. There was never a need to stay in the flotilla after reaching the rank you want.

Now since yesterdays patch you'll want to grind 5k standing in the flotilla, after that you can leave as you like and hope the 100 Murixes will get driven off for a 10k bonus pay for you.

• Like 1