Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am i the only one who won't play Scarlet Spear until some balance is done ?

HatedByLifeItself

8 hours ago, mrhapps said:

i actually think that its bugged since the latest hotfix, both of the last two resets haven't given me any bonus credits in my inbox, and i have been host all day (playing with friend)

Yeah, being host has no impact on it for me either. The one time I hosted all 4 runs (3x 17 and a 10 before 100/100) I got no bonus, just the emblem... Before that, the bug is the game rewarding 1 tier lower than I'm supposed to get. If the game ever registered me at Tier 3, I always just got the t2 emblem+6,000, if I was t2, I get t1 emblem+2,000, if I could only get to t1 in time, I would get 0. The reward where I got t3 emblem and no bonus was the one after hotfix, haven't done another run yet.

Frankly, I’m not sure they are capable of fixing this enough to make it enjoyable at all. 

joining the missions needs to be easy, the flotillas need to be clearly labelled and your spot in them needs to be protected if you get DCd or crash. getting rewards needs to be instant and fair. As in, ground and space squad need equal rewards. I like the ground mission, but why should I do all that work for a quarter of the reward the space teams get? Then then the space teams complain that nobody is on the ground...

even ignoring the technical and mechanically broken parts of almost every single aspect of the event right now, the EXPERIENCE is fundamentally flawed as well. Pretty much everybody in my clan has already decided this isn’t worth it, and we can’t even have a guarantee of actually playing together if we WANT. No amount of fixes or tweaks will change that right now.

This. Wasn’t. Ready. This event is a lump of dough, thrown out before it even saw an oven, and it makes me so sad because I was really looking forward to this before it launched.

Edited by Banatine
Spelling errors
  • Like 2

DE didn't put in the effort, why should we ?? They said they would fix the game before giving us new worlds to explore. They gave us boring and bugged new content !!!

I'll be playing other games for now ... 

Edited by Sergent-Qc

10 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

For an event that lasts a full month, I don't think it's that bad. I'm doing like 3k points in less than 30 minutes, not counting with the bonuses.

My beef is instead with the fact that DE made an event that is intended for us to repeat countless times, but the missions aren't that great. It's going to get old soon.

If it was more fun, the repetition wouldn't be as much of a problem.

you ever heard of raids? 😉

OP is not alone in this: standard procedure for me with these new events has been to try out the new content, then inevitably not touch the thing for a few days while DE fixes the most egregious bugs and corrects the grind. The Scarlet Spear is no exception, and from the looks of it much of the playerbase is already doing the same. The fact that one of the rewards requires more than three consecutive hours of grinding is ridiculous, to say nothing of how out of balance the credit gains are between ground and Railjack missions... when the forced, unnecessary OpLink requirement allows for any progress to be made at all. It will require more than a few timid hotfixes for the operation to be made tolerable, let alone pleasant.

• Like 2

Il y a 1 heure, SneakyErvin a dit :

Now since yesterdays patch you'll want to grind 5k standing in the flotilla, after that you can leave as you like and hope the 100 Murixes will get driven off for a 10k bonus pay for you.

Don't you think relying on other players to be "rewarded" for your effort is a problem ? Also what happens if i wanna play with someone who is in another flotilla, i won't grind the 5k in just 1, can i not just get 5k overall in any flotilla and receive a bonus ?

So for you everything is fine. Fair.

11 hours ago, Vit0Corleone said:

For an event that lasts a full month, I don't think it's that bad. I'm doing like 3k points in less than 30 minutes, not counting with the bonuses.

Wait until they introduce rare and legendary Arcanes. By using the current pricing structure:

Common = 1000

Uncommon = 1500

Rare = 2000 expected (if not more)

Legendary = 2500 expected (if not more).

So you are then looking at 42,000 points for a single max-rank Rare, and 52,500 for a single Legendary, if not more.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 2

I got 2 new weapons and the new cimulacrum room. Until they fix the bonus credits and the regular credits I really don't feel like doing anymore of the scarlet spear stuff. in the time it takes to run 1 event missions i can take down all 3 eidolons get my 3 random acranes and be already into another eidolon hunt. this is just not really worth it.

7 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

52,500 for a single Legendary, if not more

If everything worked as intended you could get 15k points in about 1.5 hours with a good team.

So you are looking at >5 hours of efficiently grinding a very simple, very repetitive mission to get a full legendary Arcane.

Of course 2 Arcanes and both weapons is really the minimum you would want from the event - that equals 14.5 hours of pure playtime in a (by that time) atrociously boring mission.

Now in reality though, nothing is working as intended. The victory payout is broken, results are unpredictable but it is entirely possible to get nothing. At all. Increasing the time required in missions to 43.5 hours - if everything else goes perfect, which it doesn't! The matchmaking is broken, the Squad Link is broken, the balance between space and ground missions is broken.

I stopped doing Eidolons because I was sick of it, thought the event may finally be an option to get all those Arcanes - nope, of course it is even worse!

• Like 4

I'm pulling what little hair I have left out just trying to get one of these done you sit in game for an hour waiting for codes that never come so no your not the only one not wanting to play this.

8 hours ago, Arphila said:

Well they changed how the bonus works now so I'd recommend giving it a try if you aren't completely turned away from the event already.

They did not fix it. They made a Hotfix...and the bug is very, very much still present. Also, squadlink is bugged and space crews aren't receiving kill codes.

The Operation is entirely built around two mechanics:

1. Flotilla battlegroups use squadlink to transmit killcodes to achieve shared objectives.

2. The Operation economy/grind is balanced around achieving bonus scores on those objectives.

Neither of those systems are fully functional right now. They weren't working on launch, we are three Hotfixes in, they're still not working.

DE need to pull the plug, figure out the underlying issues, and then restart the Operation in a few days.

• Like 2

Aint touching that stuff till I'm going to get properly compensated for the time I need to invest.

Players like: Complex missions and simple reward system.
DE like: Simple missions and complex reward system <insert trollface here>.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Unibot said:

Aint touching that stuff till I'm going to get properly compensated for the time I need to invest.

Players like: Complex missions and simple reward system.
DE like: Simple missions and complex reward system <insert trollface here>.

rW9xIbV.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

Don't you think relying on other players to be "rewarded" for your effort is a problem ? Also what happens if i wanna play with someone who is in another flotilla, i won't grind the 5k in just 1, can i not just get 5k overall in any flotilla and receive a bonus ?

So for you everything is fine. Fair.

I'm not relying on others for any of my effort. My effort is payed by the points I did grind, the other is an optional bonus if the group effort (including mine) is enough or not. If I'd worry about rewards for my effort I wouldnt stop at 5k, I'd keep going since I'd obviously be interested in a bigger reward as a whole. The more I grind the less % of my final reward is made up of a bonus. And no it counts the flotilla you did most in afaik, not sure if you can dip into several of them and get completion bonuses.

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

They did not fix it. They made a Hotfix...and the bug is very, very much still present. Also, squadlink is bugged and space crews aren't receiving kill codes.

The Operation is entirely built around two mechanics:

1. Flotilla battlegroups use squadlink to transmit killcodes to achieve shared objectives.

2. The Operation economy/grind is balanced around achieving bonus scores on those objectives.

Neither of those systems are fully functional right now. They weren't working on launch, we are three Hotfixes in, they're still not working.

DE need to pull the plug, figure out the underlying issues, and then restart the Operation in a few days.

It must be a very hit and miss bug then regarding kill codes since I've had no failed Murex waves since the patch, most end within 1.5 to 2 hours. Rewards still seem bugged though. Got into a quick ground mission earlier today to just be able to get a hold of 1200 or so points before the wave was repelled and I only got the emblem by mail when I should have really recieved 2x the point I gained according to yesterdays patch notes.

Pulling the plug is still a bit drastic since keeping it up lets us bring them feedback so they can fix it. Maybe prolong it in the end by pushing the end date forward would be a good solution. Say it is buggy for 5 days, then they push the end date 5 days forward to give us compensation.

10 hours ago, Kyronz said:

why would i play an event bound to DE's schedule and not mine?    get rid of the 100/100 crap.    the point rewards are a joke, there is no reason to play this event, hiding arcanes behind this garbage after the huge nerf is just nasty.

This ^

• Like 2

There's no point playing. Half of the event is broken, most things dont work. I'd rather they just pulled the event and said they'll bring it back once they've ironed out the kinks. Because right now, there is 0 point in playing. Far too many times, I've got to 100/100, done 3 space missions where we've done 5 waves and 3 ground missions each getting to 17 waves, at the end (once) I got a tier 1 emblem and no bonus payout. 

• Like 2

+1 for not doing it tbh, i have 4 accounts i normally do operations on all of them, this time however i really cant be doing with it, 2 of my higher MR accounts simply dont need that grind for some more guns i dont really need and useless trinkets and my 0 alts that used to benefit most from previous events/operations simply cant take part so in the end i have zero incentive to bother, esp with it being the new normal bugridden mess.

It's sad that im going back instead to play more oxygen not included and i even got that sad i decided to max out 2 of my old, low level star trek online characters i abandoned years ago, thats how low i've sunk.

1 hour ago, TwistedLogic81 said:

There's no point playing. Half of the event is broken, most things dont work. I'd rather they just pulled the event and said they'll bring it back once they've ironed out the kinks. Because right now, there is 0 point in playing. Far too many times, I've got to 100/100, done 3 space missions where we've done 5 waves and 3 ground missions each getting to 17 waves, at the end (once) I got a tier 1 emblem and no bonus payout. 

+1 for this

The sad reality for me it: 

I want to play but this no murex, bonus event situation makes me want to poke my eyes out... These restrictions make it so tedious and annoying that I'm also concidering not to touch it anymore