Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: The Good the Bad and the Ugly

-Vahagn-

Say something good, bad, and ugly about the Scarlet Spear event. 

Here is what each one means:

- Good means anything you like.

- Bad means anything you dislike.

- Ugly means anything that annoys you.

For me:

The good:

- New Sentients look really cool

- The inside of the Sentient ships look gorgeous and are well designed

- Little Duck is actually pretty funny

- The new cosmetics and Lecta do look really pretty

The bad:

- Bugs, lots of bugs

- Rewards seem kind of meh

- Supporting a squad seems pointless

- Ground missions seem to be better than railjack missions

The ugly:

- Very hard to find a railjack mission

- Victory bonus seems to be the best source of credits

- Staying three hours in a relay is not fun

-  If your not Limbo squadmates will leave you or question your loadout

That is all for me, share with me yours.

Edited by WH1735S0W
  • Like 6

the amount of credits needed are insane imo... im pretty busy the next 2-3 months so i got maybe 1h a day... and realisticly without victory pay (from my experience so far) im able to get roughly 3-400 credits in one mission... and i can do maybe 2-3 in a hour... so thats about 1200 a day so thats 32400 credits for the entire event... wont even be able to get the weapons if i play every singel day of the event for 1h...

so unless someone finds a faster way to get credits im not even gonna bother with this event...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BoneBreakerx said:

the amount of credits needed are insane imo... im pretty busy the next 2-3 months so i got maybe 1h a day... and realisticly without victory pay (from my experience so far) im able to get roughly 3-400 credits in one mission... and i can do maybe 2-3 in a hour... so thats about 1200 a day so thats 32400 credits for the entire event... wont even be able to get the weapons if i play every singel day of the event for 1h...

so unless someone finds a faster way to get credits im not even gonna bother with this event...

With 1 hour you can stay in 1 relay and keep doing one of the ground of space mission to get the bonuses. Be honest, you shouldn't spend that 1 hour in this boring event

44 minutes ago, BoneBreakerx said:

This roght here. Since launch iv earned 1600 creds. Lol i aint gettin nuthin from this event.

Add some of the worst latency in the game for several years running to the ugly. Right now, there's no point for me communicating with anyone because of the FOUR MINUTE delay between messages. This also branches out to being literally incapable of ever finding a squad, and that flotillas will take several more minutes to actually catch up, and are completely empty up until then.

No thanks.

1 minute ago, mrbubblepants said:

This roght here. Since launch iv earned 1600 creds. Lol i aint gettin nuthin from this event.

I guess it's gonna be hard for you, but if your 1hr starts near the beginning of a 3hr flotilla window you can probably snag a good space team.  If your RJ is good you can control this, if not hope you find someone competent to host space mission.  In 1hr you can get 2-3 full clears easily, meaning you'll get 3750 to 5625 points.  If on a good progressing flotilla that'll finish and net you another 7.2-10k bonus credits.

Meaning you could instead of getting several hundred credits get ~~15k.

RC4e8FW.jpg

^is ~~2hrs on a flotilla, finish 100/100 at a non-peak hour time.  Simple find one that has decent progress/groups on it.  This flotilla had ~~9-10 ground squads and 3-4 space squads for most of the 2hrs.  So there was always a good influx of codes for space.

It may be tough, but may the grind be with you!

• Like 1

I had an idea for such a topic, because everyone is so riled up.Thank you.
The good(I've played only the ground so far): 
It looks amazing, like almost everything DE does the visuals are one of the best in the gaming world.
The gameplay is solid and interesting. I know most people call it glorified mobile defence and it is, but non the less it's engaging, levels scale fast and you have to consider defending the target when they scale after a certain point.You have new enemies, they hit hard as they go to 180-200.You get relics from it while you do it.It's repetitive, but everything in the game is.

The bad and the ugly:  well it's just two things that are the core of my problem(not only mine)
The prices for items in a timed event.
Yes it's one month, but to get everything with the current prices you have to play 8-10 hours a day to get everything(maybe more, someone did the numbers and it was not pretty).
Some of us still have to work and get about 2-3 hours tops a day and it's not nearly enough. And that's with the current roster of items, they said they will add more...
Unfortunately the bad undermines the good by a lot.

- Good

I already got 2 guns, so I dont need to be a slave of situation anymore

- Bad

Existence of this event.

- Ugly

Let's start in order.

That event was delayed for a long time. I thought DE really doing something big, but after release guess most problem was just network part. And after all, there is just another grind machine with very simple modes, but there is also such many bugs, lol, I think it is worst than Bursa event was.

Searching squad is such awful. I can play on ground in public with only players from my room, so I always need wait for get a full squad. It taking 5-10 min, but you know, most of people dont waiting. Also yesterday I tried inv players from reqruiting, but game told me room is full. Ok.

Whatever warframe I taking, there is no damage buffs from them against condrix. And Madurai not affecting too. Still I'm always best damager against condrix, 35-50 mins and done. Sounds good?

But HUD can randomly get stuck, that meaning I need close game. Re-entering room is impossible, entering another will lose my score. Also last cycle my score was just lost, so I didnt received my reward. Again.

And best is - caps. Not only weird 17/5, I mean murex cap prefer. One, two, three... ten times I cant reach 5k or finish mission, because of murex limit. So in theory, I should waste my time first 10 waves on ground with hope there is enough murexes for finishing coldrix cap. What the hell is this? So just 2-4 squads taking best rewards and then nobody have opportunity to play, because change room mean losing score. Cool.

No one word about prices.

-Good

Models and textures look nice.

-Bad

Failjack gets you more credits then the actual fun half of the game system.

The Bonus system doesn't even work correctly.

-Ugly

DE once again lied about how the mechanics of the update would work, "Squad Link" is just a leader board of names and you can just send kill codes to yourself.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

- Victory bonus seems to be the best source of credits

- Staying three hours in a relay is not fun

you actually spent the 3 damn hours of de selected time and got a victory bonus?   what's it like, vast majority of playerbase would like to know?

2 hours ago, zehne said:

I guess it's gonna be hard for you, but if your 1hr starts near the beginning of a 3hr flotilla window you can probably snag a good space team.  If your RJ is good you can control this, if not hope you find someone competent to host space mission.  In 1hr you can get 2-3 full clears easily, meaning you'll get 3750 to 5625 points.  If on a good progressing flotilla that'll finish and net you another 7.2-10k bonus credits.

Meaning you could instead of getting several hundred credits get ~~15k.

RC4e8FW.jpg

^is ~~2hrs on a flotilla, finish 100/100 at a non-peak hour time.  Simple find one that has decent progress/groups on it.  This flotilla had ~~9-10 ground squads and 3-4 space squads for most of the 2hrs.  So there was always a good influx of codes for space.

It may be tough, but may the grind be with you!

I wish i had that kinda time. Hell even 1 full hour would be nice. I have to take 15 minute bites ata time.

People complain but try comparing that to thermia fractures. This is probably the best event warframe ever had and by a very huge margin even in terms of rewards.

Good:

- No camp

- The small ladderboard system is imho absolutely glorious

- Incentivises playing well(you get way more) and with organised groups so you make friends

- Arcanes as reward is amazing and the 2 weapons are neat. If you don't need the arcanes, things like grace and energize will still sell for plate

- Aesthetics for a one shot event are great

- Ground mission scalling is pretty engaging, tho even the last Kondrixes are not that threatening for something that seems to be scalled for high end players

Bad:

- There is a discrepency between rewards between RJ and Land

- Ultimately it is still repetitive, even if busy

Ugly:

- 1) People are not anchored to relays, so if they leave it or get dced they can't join their team if the relay is full

- 2) RailJack loading issues between missions, 1 player with higher pings can jeopardise the 2 other clients mission loadings and combined with 1) absolutely sux.

- 3) Design flaw: The interdependancy stuff flows between beeing incapacitating for railjack or beeing meaningless. Imho interdependancy should be an incidental overall bonus than an arbitrary potential malus.

il y a 25 minutes, mrbubblepants a dit :

I wish i had that kinda time. Hell even 1 full hour would be nice. I have to take 15 minute bites ata time.

You can definitely go semi afk watching a show or eating on the side, I had people in my squads doing homeworks, "taking leaks" and everything. Also that 10K score is quite low for a 2 hour run.

Edited by Galuf

GOOD:

The rewards are generally good (Stance Forma aside), and the missions were fun to do for the first couple of runs.

BAD:

The whole thing gets tedious very quickly. 

The cooperative gameplay between the ground and space teams is virtually nonexistent and only manifests itself in negative ways (i.e. when there aren't enough codes being sent). 

The mechanics of the event are, at best, explained very poorly, resulting in massive confusion.

UGLY:

The relatively low return on time spent makes the event unpleasantly grindy (especially since it runs for a limited time).  The bonus system that is supposed to fix this either doesn't work or works so inconsistently it may as well not be there.

The relay system is atrocious.  Different squad members seem to end up in different relays.  Relay capacity/progress displayed in Navigation is inconsistent with the actual state of the relay.  The timer and total Murex count don't work well together.  Finding a squad/relay/mission that will give you the best (or even adequate) rewards is a total crapshoot. 

There is a massive number of bugs.  Adding another system on top of the already dysfunctional Railjack is basically the kiss of death when it comes to any kind of stability.  In typical Warframe fashion, it is frequently impossible to tell if you've encountered a bug, a bad design decision, or a hidden interaction that DE never bothered to make clear. 

• Like 1

Good : Condrix looks really cool and his entrance is suprisingly fluid, performance wise. Animations are also crisp.

Bad : Rewards are subpar. Matchmaking is bad. Gameplay is boring and waaaaaaaaaay too repetitive for an event of this magnitude. If the missions had more variety, enemies had more variety, the rewards were more accessible, then I'd understand.

Ugly : Ridiculous grind. Squadlink is pointless.

6 hours ago, Galuf said:

Also that 10K score is quite low for a 2 hour run.

10k is ~~29/100 murex.  And the rate we were going was near max (almost no time between starting new oplinks).  With 3 space groups doing that it's only possible to get a few more because then you have 100/100 and the flotilla ends. If you wanted to push 50/100 murex you'd be clearing half then entire flotilla.  That means you'd have to have almost no-one else doing space, or all the other space groups are incompetent.

Which is the bad:  Flotillas are limited in what you can accomplish

• Like 1

Good:

New toys, new cosmetics, new things to do

Bad:

Bugs are so prolific and mechanics so badly explained or streamlined that the experience is incredibly inconsistent across the player base. Given the issues, prices for a timed event where we are meant to regain arcanes are a bit over the top.

Ugly:

Squad link is an oxymoron. There is NO link between squads. When DE debuted this mechanic they made a very slick presentation. Upon implementation it's clear they pulled an Anthem level of deception over on us. Given how this event works there is no way they had any kind of working code for the "dynamic" event that was to be squad link. 

il y a une heure, zehne a dit :

10k is ~~29/100 murex.  And the rate we were going was near max (almost no time between starting new oplinks).  With 3 space groups doing that it's only possible to get a few more because then you have 100/100 and the flotilla ends. If you wanted to push 50/100 murex you'd be clearing half then entire flotilla.  That means you'd have to have almost no-one else doing space, or all the other space groups are incompetent.

Which is the bad:  Flotillas are limited in what you can accomplish

Yes my bad, I haven't gone space since the 2nd day and the crew was definitely doing more than 6 missions so something between 30 and 40 murex each time. However 29 murex is strange for 2 hours if you are 4 and the kill codes rain as you get reliably 20 per hour, I never monitored for 4 men but it takes 17mn+- as 3 men so 4men is slightly quicker not 25% quicker hey 🙂.

Edited by Galuf

58 minutes ago, Galuf said:

Yes my bad, I haven't gone space since the 2nd day and the crew was definitely doing more than 6 missions so something between 30 and 40 murex each time. However 29 murex is strange for 2 hours if you are 4 and the kill codes rain as you get reliably 20 per hour, I never monitored for 4 men but it takes 17mn+- as 3 men so 4men is slightly quicker not 25% quicker hey 🙂.

yeah, wasn't a min/maxxed group and there were some inefficiencies in the run, hard to keep focus for 2hrs.  Also the start of the run was still working on optimizing it.  The biggest reason to show that is that if you need points but have a limited time schedule, you can get them.  at >10k in 2hrs, that means that in 1hr you can get the bonus cred cap.  Which is nearly an event weapon in 1hr.  do it 3x and you'd have all event weapons.  Then it's just a matter if you wanted cosmetics/stance forma (which are really /meh because who constantly swaps weapon stances?)