Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: The Good the Bad and the Ugly

-Vahagn-

9 hours ago, mrbubblepants said:

I wish i had that kinda time. Hell even 1 full hour would be nice. I have to take 15 minute bites ata time.

If you want to speed run this event you have to do Railjack with a full squad. Murex Raid only took me 20 minutes with 5 Murex booted with a competent squad and that made you eligible for the bonus.

Thats really nice topic!

The good:

- Sentients becoming a new faction (a chance to make more statuses viable!)

- The inside of the Sentient ships are awesome visually and to play arounf in, hopefully becomes a full on tileset for the core game

- Little Duck, I like her

- we get some much needed arcanes

- new simulacrum area

- dirac farm

- pretty chill ingame community actually, lots of fun trash talking the event or doing other weird S#&$ while playing standing around simulator

The bad:

- Bugs, lots of bugs

- RJ mission is a stand around simulator, the most boring gameplay experience ever in warframe period. but still its the best method.

- Ground missions is super lame and probably REALLY unrewarding for newer players.. and really frusttrating as a high level player when you are grouped with low level and you know you wont get far and have to carry this boring mission where you do the same stuf for up to an HOUR... for a little tiny reward, and ending early is extremly time punishing.

-rewards are still WAY to expensive for all casual gamers... 

-event is so long, yet has so litle actual content

- no titanium in rj reward table

The ugly:

- Bugs, lots of bugs

- Victory bonus seems to be the best source of credits

- Victory bonuses are only awarded at 100/100 which sometimes bugs out at the end and no one gets anything

Edited by SmokinDice

Le 26/03/2020 à 22:33, zehne a dit :

who constantly swaps weapon stances?

There are few cases. Some weapon type have different legit stances and some weapons are the best of their type for several things at once. I'll probably buy few of them before the end of the event just in case. But I agree it's fringe.

Edited by Galuf

Good:

The design of the new sentient fighters and the condrix looks incredibly good.

Little duck has some fun quotes and i like her as the head of the operation, tho i would love to see Onkko too.

Bad:

The rewards are basically a spray-painted Lacera a sentient Acceltra with a weak secondary fire,about 7 good arcanes (the others are not worth mentioning and the actually good arcanes that you would want to have are not in the event.)

The event gets incredibly boring after the first five rounds. It's repetitive, basically a customized mobile defense mission.

Ugly:

The event is really grindy compared to the MEH rewards and it feels like a waste of time.

Conclusion:

The event is dissapointing for me, i imagined this event would bring so much more, like DE has the best setting to make one of the most fun stuff ,yet we got this un-connected event, i thought op-links would be more useful then just sending codes if you guys remember the tennocon lich part the ship had shields..ground squads could disrupt that.....I expected 8 member squads constantly chatting, working together, i expeted more than just a sentient version of a mobile defense. This event could be so much more, and it makes me kinda sad. My expectations might be too high i guess...I just want something FUN.

• Like 1

Good: You can get arcanes from somewhere other than eidolons and the cosmetics are nice.

Bad : Scoring and  the idea of this flottila bullsht makes me want to tear my hair out.

Ugly: Its just another boring  defens clowfiesta where one picks Limbo/Frost and turns the game into mindless sitting on your ass waiting to numbers to go up.

Could have been any other mission type and would be more interesting.

Out of curiosity, and knowing that it was a movie title that this phrase came from, what’s the difference between a “The Bad” category and a “The Ugly” category within the context of identifying impressions?

They seem very similar to the point that they might as well be merged into one

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

On 2020-03-26 at 1:54 AM, WH1735S0W said:

The new cosmetics and Lecta do look really pretty

Lecta is the Corpus energy whip. I believe you meant the Lacera (Tenno Blade & Whip), which got the Ceti variant from Scalet Spear.

Good:

• New Sentients.
  • Most of what Little Duck offers.

Bad:

• Economy tied to a bonus payout of all-or-nothing
  • A lot more buggy than most mainlines on launch

Ugly:

• For many updates (except Jovian Concord), very disconnected from the game. Why is it only on Earth when they advertised it as the war is impacting the entire system?
  • Story: Why did Teshin of all people was made to "not believe" the Sentients are returning?
  • Railjack Fighter Scaling being the same as the ground makes us run more than fight. Crewships can kill the Satelite in less than 2 or 3 shots.
  • Like 1