(PS4)Scarletboy76292

What is this game to you? Constructive Criticism for DE

Posted (edited)

At least Leyou got the same joke from DE 😄

From the official interim report:

Empyrean is a landmark with content update for Warframe. It has a new game set and adds new features such as interstellar exploration, resource mining and battleship battles. It can achieve seamless crossing from different planets to space, and possibly in the future, and develop into a system of interplanetary voyages, explorations and battles throughout the universe.

http://leyoutech.com.hk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2019-Inteirm-en.pdf

Interplanetary Voyages, good joke. Hey heres another one interstellar exploration oh and dont forget ressource mining 😄

Edited by ValinorAtani

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ValinorAtani said:

At least Leyou got the same joke from DE 😄

From the official interim report:

Empyrean is a landmark with content update for Warframe. It has a new game set and adds new features such as interstellar exploration, resource mining and battleship battles. It can achieve seamless crossing from different planets to space, and possibly in the future, and develop into a system of interplanetary voyages, explorations and battles throughout the universe.

http://leyoutech.com.hk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2019-Inteirm-en.pdf

Interplanetary Voyages, good joke. Hey heres another one instellar exploration oh and dont forget ressource mining 😄

you are kinda looking at the wrong report, that one is for the year ended june 30 of 2019, not the 31 december one

Edited by Leyers_of_facade

3 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

Also hired a bunch of accountants and statisticians, instead of real designers, to balance this game. Whatever numbers stand out on the spread sheet, whatever meta builds are fun, get killed or nerfed to the ground in the name of balancing. These new people have nothing to do and just nerf our loadouts based on cold numbers. 

Jesus dude, just stop already. We get that DE screwed up, but I’m looking at that lost money and wondering why you aren’t more sad at the idea that Warframe’s struggling to the tune of several million dollars

Just now, Flyshlee said:

But they did exactly that. Completely changed how shields work and how armor scales. 

They are easier to kill and survive against now. Some people complain their weapons are to weak now against the enemies after a nerf... Then others complain that enemies are too easy because of the Sheild gating, lower armor scaling and the AI is brain dead. You can't please anyone lol. It honestly doesn't matter if weapons or enemies are nerfed if I can beat all game content with Excalibur not even using his abilities. The enemies hardly put up a fight and if they did I am sure someone would complain.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Flyshlee said:

I'm just on board of the meme train as you, but one year of relatively lower profits doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things. 

"Relatively lower profits"? Do you know what "loss" means, man? It means Warframe didn't make them any money, it cost them money. 2019 Cost DE's parent company money to keep them in business, and do you really see anything in 2020 that would cause you to open up your wallet and throw money at DE? Because I sure don't.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, George_PPS said:

DE should have balanced the enemies,  not nerfing players’ meta builds or gears that need many hours to test and build. The latter is infuriating to many players who then just leave. 

Some things are in line for a nerf because even if we buff the enemy's to be gods like said player it results in bullet sponges or one hit kill nuke machines. Would you want to fight Saryn or a equonox? Or nyx or ash? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, realmzjetter said:

"Relatively lower profits"? Do you know what "loss" means, man? It means Warframe didn't make them any money, it cost them money. 2019 Cost DE's parent company money to keep them in business, and do you really see anything in 2020 that would cause you to open up your wallet and throw money at DE? Because I sure don't.

Yeah. ‘Cause they’ll always need it. And I’ll keep sending them my piddly 7 coffees worth for their game every so often. Means I go a week without one coffee a day

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Jesus dude, just stop already. We get that DE screwed up, but I’m looking at that lost money and wondering why you aren’t more sad at the idea that Warframe’s struggling to the tune of several million dollars

why be sad? It's their own doing. I'm not gonna feel bad for them did they feel bad for neglecting balance and just now getting to it after players have been asking for years? Or? Did they feel bad removing lor? Eh it sucks I wish them the best and when something intruges me I'll pick the game back up but as of right now oh well

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

https://imgur.com/a/epLy3V4

more info to look at

Yeah they are on all platforms now I am sure they will get back up there. They have evolved so much and I am proud of them. They will keep evolving I believe in DE. I have spent lots of money on this game more than any other game. Why? because I love it and if you love something you support it. That is how I feel. 

• Like 1

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Leyers_of_facade:

https://imgur.com/a/epLy3V4

more info to look at

"Firstly, large scale AAA with themes and gameplay similiar to Warframe were launched and endorsed by reputable game studios and publishing companies"

I am so gonna use this when someone in the forum freaks out because somebody dares to compare Warframe to any other game 😄

Because according to them Warframe is so unique and there is no other game even remotly compareable, and even mentioning other games is stupid^^

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ValinorAtani said:

Yeah I know, but that was the latest "official" on the leyou webpage http://leyoutech.com.hk/investors-relation/financial-reports.

But nevermind. Its still funny what Empyrean should have been 😄

I actually posted another report from the HKEX (hong kong stock exchange something something, can't be bothered to search the full name), while it might have its inaccuracy, its probably a pretty good indicator

Link: http://asia.blob.euroland.com/press-releases-attachments/1203571/HKEX-EPS_20200325_9203152-0.PDF

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, (PS4)Scarletboy76292 said:

Yeah they are on all platforms now I am sure they will get back up there. They have evolved so much and I am proud of them. They will keep evolving I believe in DE. I have spent lots of money on this game more than any other game. Why? because I love it and if you love something you support it. That is how I feel. 

As a fellow player I’ve only got money and feedback to give, which frustrates me 😕 But I like Warframe and want to support it as well

edit: This has been a bit of an eye-opener, @(NSW)Katsuro and @Leyers_of_facade. Thanks for bringing these up.

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

https://ibb.co/HY7dpRy

game is dead

that just means less profit

quoting from Leyous financial report

"Gross Profit
The Group's total gross profit decreased by 13.9%, from US$141.5 million for the year ended 
31 December 2018 to US$121.8 million for the year ended 31 December 2019, and the gross 
profit margin decreased from 62.1% for the year ended 31 December 2018 to 56.8% for the 
year ended 31 December 2019, primarily due to the increase in direct labour costs for game 
development and impairment of development expenditure.
"

tl;dr

DE still made a profit of 120 million in 2019 it was just not as high as they expected it to be

• Like 4

You know who isn't on here complaining about the game? The new players who are completely overwhelmed with things to do. They will be for a while probably lol. I think I may just go help them 😊. My boyfriend is one of them he is leveling up in Cetus atm. This game does bring people together. It is definitely one of the nicer game communities out there. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Scarletboy76292 said:

You know who isn't on here complaining about the game? The new players who are completely overwhelmed with things to do. They will be for a while probably lol. I think I may just go help them 😊. My boyfriend is one of them he is leveling up in Cetus atm. This game does bring people together. It is definitely one of the nicer game communities out there. 

new players dont even understand the complexity of the game nor even know how to mod weapons.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

new players dont even understand the complexity of the game nor even know how to mod weapons.

Exactly, so I am gonna go and help them 😊.

Edited by (PS4)Scarletboy76292
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Scarletboy76292 said:

Exactly, so I am gonna go and help them 😊.

Player retention is still very low so regardless it's less and less new players 

Back on topic, since all I see for the most part are people doomsaying (as per usual. I swear people kneejerk themselves off cliffs in this forum more than actually playing the game they're bashing.)

As a vet, Warframe to me is a fun pastime to come back to once in a while to play with friends, randomly kill things, enjoy the lore, or get the newest shiny. Still very fun to me in doses. I play until I sense burnout coming, then I stop for a bit and come back later to play some more. I do see the problems, and there have been a few changes I wasn't thrilled with (like self damage. Would have rather had a compromise where the damage was simply lowered than completely removed but I digress), but it's clear the devs are trying to improve their game. If they didn't care, they would've kept all the imbalance, ignored players completely, and would not have gone back to the drawing board for a gigantic mathematical conundrum in the form of damage types and armor scaling.

People can doomsay all they want. I was here from the beginning. While, again, I don't agree with some things they've done, I know they're working their asses off over there. And even while quarantined - they're all working from home right now. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Helch0rn said:

that just means less profit

quoting from Leyous financial report

"Gross Profit
The Group's total gross profit decreased by 13.9%, from US$141.5 million for the year ended 
31 December 2018 to US$121.8 million for the year ended 31 December 2019, and the gross 
profit margin decreased from 62.1% for the year ended 31 December 2018 to 56.8% for the 
year ended 31 December 2019, primarily due to the increase in direct labour costs for game 
development and impairment of development expenditure.
"

tl;dr

DE still made a profit of 120 million in 2019 it was just not as high as they expected it to be

nope, you are not understanding it correctly. Gross profit that was mentioned there is actually "revenue". Their actual profit is -6m (so a 6mil loss), the calculations can be seen here

unknown.png

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, SoulEchelon said:

Back on topic, since all I see for the most part are people doomsaying (as per usual. I swear people kneejerk themselves off cliffs in this forum more than actually playing the game they're bashing.)

As a vet, Warframe to me is a fun pastime to come back to once in a while to play with friends, randomly kill things, enjoy the lore, or get the newest shiny. Still very fun to me in doses. I play until I sense burnout coming, then I stop for a bit and come back later to play some more. I do see the problems, and there have been a few changes I wasn't thrilled with (like self damage. Would have rather had a compromise where the damage was simply lowered than completely removed but I digress), but it's clear the devs are trying to improve their game. If they didn't care, they would've kept all the imbalance, ignored players completely, and would not have gone back to the drawing board for a gigantic mathematical conundrum in the form of damage types and armor scaling.

People can doomsay all they want. I was here from the beginning. While, again, I don't agree with some things they've done, I know they're working their asses off over there. And even while quarantined - they're all working from home right now. 

I totally agree with this if they didn't care they wouldn't have tried to fix it. They are working their asses off and they have been. I appreciate the positive attitude in the midst of the negative comments. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

why be sad? It's their own doing. I'm not gonna feel bad for them did they feel bad for neglecting balance and just now getting to it after players have been asking for years? Or? Did they feel bad removing lor?

Cuz they'll do anything to keep all the negativeness away, that's why. I'm so srupised that even with ACTUAL PROOF in their faces, they still try and defend and stick their fingers in their ears. Can't have extreme positions about anything.

All want nothing but positive, never nothing bad and when that does happen, well, all it does is make them feel better than others and with what I've seen, ignoring the other side will only lead to whatever they are defending ending eventually, regardless on how hard they do so. I will never understand how just even the sight of a "negative comment" sends them REELING.

But hey, what can you do eh?. Gotta always "appreciate the positive attitude in the midst of the bad bad negative comments"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Cuz they'll do anything to keep all the negativeness away, that's why. I'm so srupised that even with ACTUAL PROOF in their faces, they still try and defend and stick their fingers in their ears. Can't have extreme positions about anything.

All want nothing but positive, never nothing bad and when that does happen, well, all it does is make them feel better than others and with what I've seen, ignoring the other side will only lead to whatever they are defending ending eventually, regardless on how hard they do so. I will never understand how just even the sight of a "negative comment" sends them REELING.

But hey, what can you do eh?. Gotta always "appreciate the positive attitude in the midst of the bad bad negative comments"

You quoted a post that was talking to me, so that makes me wonder if you’re talking about me.

Here I am! What did you want to say?

Edited by (NSW)Greybones