Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is this game to you? Constructive Criticism for DE

2 hours ago, ValinorAtani said:

No wonder we're getting this cheesy chinese F2P mechanics into the game. Looks like the Holding is burning money wiht ads instead of good quality and sustainable content.

2 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Also hired a bunch of accountants and statisticians, instead of real designers, to balance this game. Whatever numbers stand out on the spread sheet, whatever meta builds are fun, get killed or nerfed to the ground in the name of balancing. These new people have nothing to do and just nerf our loadouts based on cold numbers. 

Not sure how ADS come into play, as even if you put your game out there and someone comes to check it out only to be leaving as soon as they join, due to the mess of it, In a way, you are kinda shooting yourself in the foot here. (I'm sure someone who has skills or a job in Ads and such, can help here)

What my worries is that, due to what we are seening is gonna lead to more things like Rivens or Skins in-game that cost way more then it should. Let alone PA is quite pricey as it is and with what I see in the WF.Market, the prices for Primes has dropped quite a bit, can get a prime for like a $5 or so. While the basics asks for I do bealive $150?. Not sure what the game is there.

I mean at one time, we had content in terms of nothing but Market items. So that was a bit odd to see. But now we have this new update and it's barley polished and has tons of issues. Some issues are to be expected but with what I've seen with RJ and then Kuva Liches, when they first arrived, it feels like it's getting worse and I hope I am wrong.

The Mainline update was by far the BEST update I ever saw and sure a few hotfixs here and there to keep adding them and I do hope more will come. Cuz that's one great thing, fixing old stuff, balancing OP stuff, etc. Sure it might be "dull and boring" to have a update all about "QOL" (as someone said live on stream). but updates like that go a LONG WAY.

• Like 1

This touches partially on what I mean when I said DE needs to lead from the front, meaning whatever decision they make needs to be committed and directed to developing something that nails the crux of not necessarily their issues in Warframe but at the crux of their audience.

They have tried many things and good for them, but ultimately those content releases have not been resonating w the player. Rather than hover around what players may or may not say they like, it would probably be best DE show people the direction before they even know they want it. Not to say they aren't trying....

In other words, maybe don't develop so much with player feedback and hitting all the markers for too broad of requests and deliver on a product that nails what a player would want even if they aren't asking for it.

Edited by ikkabotz

3 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Yeah?

Page 6 references DE as one of The Group’s subsidiaries. I think The Group is an umbrella term, though I’ll need to look through a little more to see what exactly it is.

edit: Hmm. All I’m seeing is that The Group is an umbrella term for The Company’s subsidiaries, but there doesn’t seem to be specification (at least on page 8 ) as to who exactly is working on the Lord of the Rings game

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

14 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

You quoted a post that was talking to me, so that makes me wonder if you’re talking about me.

Here I am! What did you want to say?

Jesus Christ man, you responded within like SECONDS of me posting that 🤣

What I wanted to say was, while I can understand that having too much negativeness can be annoying if not, really off-putting, people tend to forget that even with what the negative  side has to say, they need to pay attention to it, cuz like I said: ignoring the other side will only lead to whatever they are defending ending eventually and NO ONE wants that, regardless of what "Side" they are on.

The new update that came out, without a doute is the worst state it's in and this has happened before (and again), the mainline update, was the BEST thing to happen for WF and that;s coming from ME (the Mr. Negative man). I may be black and white, but I still care about games I play (and more so the people who work on it, cuz in the end of they day, if they lose it, they lose more then we ever will). 

So really, if it's their own doing, then most people won;t feel "bad" about it. cuz we can't help what someone does. it's like if you tell someone not to start drinking, but they do it anyway and get hurt, that's their own fault, it should never be yours or you should feel "bad" about it. (this is just an example).

So, while I won't stop you from doing what you love (or anyone) in that matter, all I say is just keep your head level and ease your expectations, otherwise you'll only get burned by what ever comes. 

By the way, that is very cool name you have Graybones. (I'm srupised it allowed it, given the filters in-game)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leyers_of_facade said:

nope, you are not understanding it correctly. Gross profit that was mentioned there is actually "revenue". Their actual profit is -6m (so a 6mil loss), the calculations can be seen here

unknown.png

When choosing a company to invest in, you always weigh a companies debt to their equity from their balance sheet, to discover their measure of financing for business operations. A high debt to equity ratio means a company has more in expenses than what they bring in. Leyous balance shows a rough 17% loss in profit from the previous year according to this statement. While their expenses stayed roughly the same around 129m. In cases of downturn, companies in this situation usually don't make drastic changes, but may cut back in next years expenses to make up for predicted loss profits.

Why else would DE push content out quickly? To spur on player growth and cash flow. All you have to do is detect the trends in the balance sheets for yourself. 

http://leyoutech.com.hk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2019-Inteirm-en.pdf

It's only the interim report, so don't base judgement yet.  

What is this game to me? A fun game where it's not like mainstream games out there

- I can be OP and wipe the boss in less than a minute and that's great, I'm not building my power just to struggle against a bullet sponge called as "boss"

- I can move as much as I can instead of running like an asthmatic person given some weapons and armor and take cover to recover some health

- I have tons of things to do instead of "run through this place and kill everything, then kill the enemies/boss at the end of the mission" and funny thing is, people complain when they're given the same thing but complain when new things are added, saying warframe is about this. Let's say warframe never added things from archwing, open world to railjack and what we get is the same tileset based mission if we don't get any complain about "there's nothing new"

Warframe may have rough edges, but I accept that because they try new things instead of adding the same old

Or you prefer if the new mission is mobile defense but with throwing balls to a hoop to keep things going as new content?

Edited by 844448
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Jesus Christ man, you responded within like SECONDS of me posting that 🤣

What I wanted to say was, while I can understand that having too much negativeness can be annoying if not, really off-putting, people tend to forget that even with what the negative  side has to say, they need to pay attention to it, cuz like I said: ignoring the other side will only lead to whatever they are defending ending eventually and NO ONE wants that, regardless of what "Side" they are on.

The new update that came out, without a doute is the worst state it's in and this has happened before (and again), the mainline update, was the BEST thing to happen for WF and that;s coming from ME (the Mr. Negative man). I may be black and white, but I still care about games I play (and more so the people who work on it, cuz in the end of they day, if they lose it, they lose more then we ever will). 

So really, if it's their own doing, then most people won;t feel "bad" about it. cuz we can't help what someone does. it's like if you tell someone not to start drinking, but they do it anyway and get hurt, that's their own fault, it should never be yours or you should feel "bad" about it. (this is just an example).

So, while I won't stop you from doing what you love (or anyone) in that matter, all I say is just keep your head level and ease your expectations, otherwise you'll only get burned by what ever comes. 

By the way, that is very cool name you have Graybones. (I'm srupised it allowed it, given the filters in-game)

Very important step to listening to the other side; no more straw people. That goes for both sides, yeah? Or all three sides. Or any sides in between. And especially for me, personally.

You would not believe how many times I had to stop myself from building up a straw person to knock down. Not even sure if I always did the job, regardless of how many edits I do.

I see the negative posts made, and most of them (once you pick through the emotions) have points to make. What you say about listening to the other side resonates with me. Though I will not abide pure abuse.

It is fact that we are more nuanced than one or two posts, even if we might think the other side is out to tear us down. We all just want to be heard, and I blame the reputation of online communication for starting all of us on the wrong foot before we even say anything.

Asked in curiosity; What’s odd about Greybones? I’m not familiar with terms that could be considered not-okay for the filters that would also apply to my name

Also yes, I got the umbrella joke 😛 

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

It's a lot of fun.  Honestly, my views go no deeper than that.  I've almost rage-uninstalled once, while mining for an amp which is still an eight-hour grind but overall I don't think I've had half as much fun in other games.  The first time I slid into a Railjack I was literally shouting about how awesome it was.  And it still is a lot of fun.   Right now though, something's missing.  DE screwed up.  Not in the current content but the game's lost a certain "warframeness" that it used to have.  Ffs, Grendel shouldn't be a fat guy, he should be an thin, starving frame that devours enemies with an animalistic hunger.  There's a devolution of the game that I'm not liking.  The themes of Warframe seem to have changed and the current theme seems to have less weight to it.  That's okay though because I still have my favorite, slightly unnerving frame and it's still a lot of fun. 

Holy crap, someone needs to take a look at the amp grind though.  It was literally four hours of mining with a double-drop booster which is absolutely insane.  I'd bet money that's where most players quit for good.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

A lot of us are passionate about Warframe’s success. We try what we can to make it better. I think this is how some forumers (not me) chose to help Warframe.

You got ‘em in the pocketbook alright! 👍

edit: Where did you get this anyways?

http://leyoutech.com.hk/investors-relation/announcements-and-circulars

Directly from Leyous announcement page. You can also look up on their website this years and previous years financial statements. It's all available for the public. Also on the announcement page you can see where they have recently sold stock to try and raise capital. It always has to be disclosed whenever you sell a controlling portion of stock/shares.

See

17 March 2020-Announcements and notices

Profit Warning

Also a link to the chart of how their stock has been doing and you can see where they sold stock and the price jumped back up.

https://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/1089?countryCode=HK

Edited by (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, (XB1)AMONGTHEWEAK said:

http://leyoutech.com.hk/investors-relation/announcements-and-circulars

Directly from Leyous announcement page. You can also look up on their website this years and previous years financial statements. It's all available for the public. Also on the announcement page you can see where they have recently sold stock to try and raise capital. It always has to be disclosed whenever you sell a controlling portion of stock/shares.

See

17 March 2020-Announcements and notices

Profit Warning

Uuuuugh, business stuff. 😐 

Honestly, thanks for doing this post. I’ll have a look through out of curiosity. Mainly wanted to validate the source, and now I can educate myself a little better.

edit: Interesting.... Also, just clicked through your edit and that’s interesting too

Ah hell, sorry for digressing in your topic, OP 😓

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1

You know this. If the Operation were bugged in the other direction, and instead of screwing players out of the credit rewards which the Op is balanced around, missions were accidentally awarding three times as much credit, DE would have either fixed it by now, or pulled the plug on the entire Operation until they had it fixed.

Edited by BornWithTeeth
  • Like 29

10 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

You know this. If the Operation were bugged in the other direction, and instead of screwing players out of the credit rewards which the Op is balanced around, missions were accidentally awarding three times as much credit, DE would have either fixed it by now, or pulled the plug on the entire Operation until they had it fixed.

Probably just another reason behind many others as to why DE recorded a loss of -$6.4 million last year. unknown.png

Sauce: http://leyoutech.com.hk/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2019-Inteirm-en.pdf

Edited by (XB1)YoungGunn82
  • Like 2