Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet spear bonus system is frustrating

Zyxazad

Scarlet spear seems nice, the missions are interesting (for now 😛) and the rewards seem interesting: I like the possibility of getting the arcanes I want instead of being limited by RNG drops. But let's talk about the bonuses.

The reward system of scarlet spear is really frustrating.

A succesful mission can reward over 2000 credits, so it's possible to get around 5000 credits per 3 hour flotilla session.

If you get those 5000 credits, your reward will be tripled by giving you another 10000 credits. Sounds nice right? It's such a big increase, that playing without aiming for the bonus is barely worth it.

However, if you pick a flotilla that is not populated enough, you don't get rewards.

However, if you pick a flotilla that has too many people who know what to do, you don't get 5000 before the group reaches 100/100, so you don't get rewards.

The only valuable way to spend time on this event is by aiming for the bonus, because without it your credit income is only a third of what it could be. And whether you get that bonus or not is out of your hands.

I understand that from a design perspective it's nice to have flotillas that are populated, but not too populated. But there's not much an individual player can do to make sure his flotilla is populated, but not too populated. And if there is something players can do, it is the complete opposite: players selecting flotillas based on possible rewards will lead to an unbalanced situation where people leave the flotillas that need more players, while moving towards flotillas that probably have too many players already in the hopes of getting at least some bonus.

Fix the bonus system. Upping the required amount of murex from 100/100 to 200/200 won't fix the underlying issue. While it would increase the possibility of reaching the required 5000 points, it makes it easier for lots of players to miss out on rewards by having an underpopulated flotilla. The main issue as I see it, is that the base credit rate is only a third without unreliable bonus.

(A partial solution I see is to reward bonuses for reaching 100/200. When the flotilla finishes above 100, people get their rewards at the end, but this change would allow people to continue fighting for longer to reach the required amount of points in time.)

Edited by Zyxazad
  • Like 20

They did just change the bonus points to work a little differently but I just find it comical that we as players can see how bad the design is but DE just can't seem to understand why the bonus system doesn't work....and are essentially trying to flog a dead horse...

What we currently have is a system where we need to hit an individual target within a group target where we have no idea how long we have to do it or even if the group will even hit the group target, so we can get our individual target reward, because of the second relay timer...

Honestly it's so much simpler and fair to just have you points per run and no bonus points, especially considering how repetitive the event is.  All it would need is removal of the bugged bonus points and some adjustments to the costs/points... that and land/space being matched in value.

• Like 9

Completly agree.

I'll take it even farther and say that I don't even see the point in having this kind of system in the first place. DE could have just increase the credit reward and have no bonus rewards at all. This way you get you share depends on your contribution reguardless if the flotilla is populated or not.

I have no intention to grind 3 hours straight for a possible buggy bonus reward, I have better things to do with my life.

• Like 2

vor 17 Minuten schrieb 8faiNt:

Everytime I think of playing this event, I say this to myself

well many ppl accept this event for the arcanes...but imagine there not having been the change to arcanes.

agree tho. on one hand i want the few arcanes i use maxed again but on the other hand i want to refuse playing another lazy event. ofc not lazy for players since we have to grind again for essentially 1 new weapon, a reskinned hybrid viable lacera and arcanes we only have to grind for due to a change. im not saying the change was all bad, but these changes were possible without increasing max rank and total arcanes needed to max them out again.

great for newer players tho to get arcanes...but older players ?

i get it, theres squad link behind it, sure...but what good is it if the rewards are meh and the missions are basically alternative mob def...

Edited by Xydeth

Remove the 100/100 altogether. This is a Sentient Invasion, this is New War incoming, this is not "oh wait we only have 100 ships to invade the Solar System lololol, let us craft a bit more please".

We shouldn't have any minute left to rest. We should be 100% of the time under attack.

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, kyori said:

Almost every time the one who is responsible for these numbers, is doing it weirdly. I think that fellow needs to go. Those who agreed to this plan ain't any better.

the thing is

whoever is balancing the numbers, they dont play the same game with us

• Like 3

Scarlet spear bonus system is even more frustrating when it's bugged.

Just had my flotilla stuck at 98/100 for the last hour. Bye bye bonus 10k credits.

I guess I won't touch Scarlet Spear anymore until those bonus bugs are fixed.

Edited by Zyxazad
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, LSG501 said:

What we currently have is a system where we need to hit an individual target within a group target where we have no idea how long we have to do it or even if the group will even hit the group target, so we can get our individual target reward, because of the second relay timer...

I suspect this is because they're trying to make their stupid Squad Link work. The system is designed to FOMO people into grinding and crowding in Flotillas, so that enough codes can be sent to the Railjack side of the game mode. If you're doing ground missions, you need to keep doing that, constantly shovelling codes into the fire or else the Railjack teams end up sitting on their hands. You can't just log in, do one mission and log off. If everyone did that, then the event would grind to a halt. So DE threaten you with loss of rewards. YOU make sure the Flotilla succeeds, or YOU lose YOUR extra rewards.

I do agree with you in principle, though. I'd have much preferred an event with NO bonus rewards of any kind and sane prices on store items. Let me log in, run a few missions and log out. And if that's not enough codes to support Squad Link, then well... What does that tell you about the long-term viability of Squad Link? Because from what I'm hearing, Railjack teams are STILL routinely sitting on their hands even WITH all of the restrictions and structures in place. Do we ever expect this to be viable in non-event content?

As I've said before - what bothers me the most is the Condrix mission ITSELF is actually a lot of fun. I'd play that as a regular game mode if it showed up all over the Solar System ala Defection. However, grinding it for literal hours is really taking the fun out of that activity.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

As I've said before - what bothers me the most is the Condrix mission ITSELF is actually a lot of fun. I'd play that as a regular game mode if it showed up all over the Solar System ala Defection. However, grinding it for literal hours is really taking the fun out of that activity.

i wish the ground was as fast as the space. 4 murex and it tells you to get the F out lol. ground? endless with less point and more tankier objective. its boring.

33 minutes ago, Steel_Rook said:

Because from what I'm hearing, Railjack teams are STILL routinely sitting on their hands even WITH all of the restrictions and structures in place. Do we ever expect this to be viable in non-event content?

To be fair, due to (and I'm going to be blunt here) DE's stupidity, it's kind of expected that in a time limited thing players will go for the 'better return' so in this case it's railjack missions which pay more meaning no one is going to do the ground ones and as such we get the delays to progress in the mission.... at the very least they should be equal return etc. 

Yea this reward system is killing what would otherwise be a fun event for me. I really enjoy the Earth missions. But already lost so many payouts due to bugs or flotillas that were either too empty or too crowded that I can't be bothered anymore. Who comes up with these ideas and actually thinks they'll work in practice and make for a fun and fair experience? 

1 hour ago, EinheriarJudith said:

i wish the ground was as fast as the space. 4 murex and it tells you to get the F out lol. ground? endless with less point and more tankier objective. its boring.

I haven't done much space, but ground isn't endless. Depending on team you can finish in 28-39 minutes (my experience) because after round 17 there's definitely an end.

Also I've found ground less boring than waiting for kill codes in space. At least on the ground you have controls to speed up the process.

47 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Yea this reward system is killing what would otherwise be a fun event for me. I really enjoy the Earth missions. But already lost so many payouts due to bugs or flotillas that were either too empty or too crowded that I can't be bothered anymore. Who comes up with these ideas and actually thinks they'll work in practice and make for a fun and fair experience? 

I enjoyed the Earth missions as well! But the way the reward system works really makes it a chore with unreliable payout. I'm done with it until that's fixed.

Edited by Zyxazad

26 minutes ago, Zyxazad said:

I haven't done much space, but ground isn't endless. Depending on team you can finish in 28-39 minutes (my experience) because after round 17 there's definitely an end.

space is 4 murex per mission. it is way faster. all they did for ground was give you mobile defense with eidolon style boss. all it does is get tankier and tankier. it still locks out the majority of weapons because of this increased bullet sponge. its dreadfully boring.

• Like 1

Finished a mission after the wave reset. Did not get any bonus points and no idea if I will get them once this wave is over, or whether I need to stay in the current Flotilla. Bonus point system is bad because the unnecessary complexity is:

1. Confusing
  2. Causing points to be lost in edge cases

Remove bonus points and triple the point gain. Simple as that.

• Like 1

Indeed. If you're in space near the end of the 100, you just get screwed because the kill codes stop coming. The only way to know is when you've been sitting there defending the spot for 10 minutes or more and none have come if you did notice it was close to the end of the 100. Of course at that point your only option it to abort or fail the mission. 😞

• Like 1

An other issue near to this is that the score are link an instance :

If me and a friend play in to different instance, but we want to play together : one of us have to loose his points to join the other.

Edited by GKP_light