Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flux Rifle The New Best Weapons In The Game?

Playur

Im going to make this quick. And easy to understand. 

One of the new mods "Heavy Caliber". It gives + 150% damage and + 150% recoil. This is maxed out. 

Weapons like the Flux Rifle and Dera which starts of with 0% recoil will not be affected by the recoil. Therefor only get + 150% damage. 

0 * 150% = 0.

Flux Rifle... Oh man. 165% serration damage + 150% Heavy Caliber damage = 315% extra damage.
This + max multishot means the Flux Rifle will be dealing roughly 1500 DPS or something like that.

200 base damage * 315% = 700 DPS

700 * 2 = 1400 DPS

I may have done some poor math but whatever. Its close enough :D

Same goes for the Dera guys. Now is the time to start working on changing some of your builds up. :>

Edit: Ogris, Torid and Ignis will also benefit alot from this mod. Thanks Crimson, completely forgot. :>

Edited by Playur

As much as I love the fact that it makes bows actually viable in later game, the fact that it's a direct upgrade for non-recoil DPS-oriented weapons (Flux, Dera, even the Ignis) is quite absurd to me.

They should at the absolute least add on a base Recoil stat to no-recoil weapons and then multiply it, so that this mod isn't a stupidly powerful direct upgrade. It's as if they never heard of Power Creep...

Edited by SortaRandom

So let me get this right the Torid with the new mod, serration, split chamber, +elementals of your choice... The gun has gone from being a weak poison cloud to a Cyanide cloud/Mustard Gas?

And the Ogris from a rocket powerhouse to an A-bomb launcher.

The Flux Rifle from a death beam to a Death Star.

All while this constant increase in damage potential they'll just add a damage cap to the next boss rendering all of it pointless. gg

It's not hard. It's about with what we had we were already able to demolish everything the game could throw at us and with these additions it just makes it worse.

If you have played for months already and have ridiculous amounts of credits saved up from all those hours before they nerfed all the void rewards sure.

But if you're a newer player you won't be able to get to the game breaking point without ridiculous amounts of plat or hours.

If you have played for months already and have ridiculous amounts of credits saved up from all those hours before they nerfed all the void rewards sure.

But if you're a newer player you won't be able to get to the game breaking point without ridiculous amounts of plat or hours.

If new players aren't able to immediately obtain broken things it doesn't make it any less broken.