Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! Ɨ

Am I Missing the Point?

Faustein

So, i just started Warframe a couple of weeks ago.Ā  I bought some platinum (more than I probably shouldĀ šŸ˜…), grinded up a few Prime Warframes and weapons, even managed to finish my Railjack, all in time for Scarlet Spear...

And I heard people complain since it launched, so tonight I thought, I'm gonna run this hard, see if it's just a matter of putting the grind in.Ā  Took top spot in my flotilla leaderboard for Space battles...and all I got was the emblem?Ā  Wasn't there supposed to be more?Ā  Why should I try?

So now I have to ask, am IĀ missing the point of this event?Ā Ā 

sRfznhR.jpg

It's just a bug, you are supposed to also have 10000 Scarlet Credits in the same mail.

Since you are new, let me explain the situation for you:

We are the beta testers. You can expect any new update to be unplayable, buggy, and with terrible balance at first. There will then be improvements over time, based on the beta testers feedback.

When the balancing has reached a point where it could be called "passable", all beta testers realize that they have been wasting their time wrestling with bugs and getting a fraction of the rewards they would get for playing now.

Rinse and repeat.

• Like 5

vor 10 Minuten schrieb Traumtulpe:

It's just a bug, you are supposed to also have 10000 Scarlet Credits in the same mail.

Since you are new, let me explain the situation for you:

We are the beta testers. You can expect any new update to be unplayable, buggy, and with terrible balance at first. There will then be improvements over time, based on the beta testers feedback.

When the balancing has reached a point where it could be called "passable", all beta testers realize that they have been wasting their time wrestling with bugs and getting a fraction of the rewards they would get for playing now.

Rinse and repeat.

true and other than the credits he is not missing any point. arcanes are a nice reward but aside of the one new weapon theres nothing new. the arcanes are just a matter of adding them to the list of added items and the lacera is a reskin. to be 2020 level i feel like there should be at least 3 new weapons - primary, secondary, melee and some new, exclusive mods in there. good mods...

its pretty disappointing right now unless something is added later which noone can foresee - not talking about the remaining arcanes they didnt add in case of exploits.

this event is great to get all arcanes maxed out but to me it feels like thats the excuse to not bring a lot of new stuff with this event.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Faustein:

I don't recall signing up to be in a beta.

Like, I know when I beta-tested Fallout 76, it was a whole process.Ā  Did I skipĀ that here?

warframe is a game in progress since always and hence every time new content is added PC players are basically the initial "testers". thats how it works with most games tbh. dont compare it to fallout though. thats just wrong on so many levels.

Ā 

You do have a lot of old stuff to keep you busy though, don't you? Have you farmed all the parts and mods for your Railjack yet? I still don't have the important stuff (Void Hole, Munitions Vortex, the big health mod, the big reactor) because I made the mistake of completing Railjack when the drop chances were silly low.

25 minutes ago, Faustein said:

I don't recall signing up to be in a beta.

Like, I know when I beta-tested Fallout 76, it was a whole process.Ā  Did I skipĀ that here?

Yes, you did. This enetire event is literally beta test for the squad link.

DE was very upfront about how they do things by releasing content as soon as they can and fixing things live. They communicate that before every update and always did. Their ability to rebalance and change stuff drastically on the fly was always part of their charm.

24 minutes ago, -skimmer- said:

Yes, you did. This enetire event is literally beta test for the squad link.

DE was very upfront about how they do things by releasing content as soon as they can and fixing things live. They communicate that before every update and always did. Their ability to rebalance and change stuff drastically on the fly was always part of their charm.

The charm is fading, if you ask me. Consistently releasing broken updates only to fix them later is not something they should be doing, at least not on such scale. I guess some bugs are unavoidable, but treating PC like a test server is just a waste of everyone's time and gives bad publicity for the game.

When we had small, weekly updates it was fine, not a lot was broken;Ā but now that they are releasing bigger updates DE should focus on polishing them, rather than pushing the update out and fix later.