Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Corrupted Mods] Welllll Hello There Power Creep

notionphil

I'll keep this short (unlike my usual).

So basically, maxed Warframes equipped with these new mods will be doing at least 100% more damage (incl powers).

Any good reasons for this? Were we not totally obliterating all of the content in the game effortlessly enough before?

Cause there's still the limit of 10 mods +1 aura...So you're going to have to replace a current mod with a new one.

From the mods I see, it seem to be better at allowing for even a more specialized frame/weapon.

Edited by FateZero

Well this may be one way to make bad weapons viable. 

Cause there's still the limit of 10 mods +1 aura...So you're going to have to replace a current mod with a new one.

From the mods I see, it seem to be better at allow for even a more specialized frame/weapon.

It's just min maxing like everyone always does. As soon as someone figures out the highest dps with the new mods guess what everyone is gonna use. 

Unless you don't have 5 million credits and 2k fusion cores just lying around. 

Edited by Kolos1001

Don't like them? Don't use them!

Bet if they're not powerful, whole forum would drown into whine.

Uhm, no.

We are creating a new baseline of damage, which is considerably higher than before. So, where are the new enemies to match? Or is the goal to just kill lv 130 heavies in .25 seconds instead of .5 seconds?

Power creep is starting to become a hell of a misused term around here.

EDIT: I mean, come on. At this point the problem with Warframe isn't power creep, it's this:

Unless you don't have 5 million credits and 2k fusion cores just lying around.

The game has highly contradictory game experiences based on when you joined the game and how favoured you have been with the RNG gods, resulting in several different bases of complaints because what's stupidly easy for one person, can very well be one of the hardest things in the game for a completely different person due to reasons unrelated to skill. That is the main issue with Warframe.

Edited by RealityMachina

Because only a few Frames actually benefit from stacked Skill Damage?

The mod gives up to +99% power damage//-66% power duration. Molecular Prime, for example, is not affected by power duration mods, making the new corrupted mod stupidly good.

The mod gives up to +99% power damage//-66% power duration. Molecular Prime, for example, is not affected by power duration mods, making the new corrupted mod stupidly good.

Wow....you know what.....wow.....that is going to need be changed lmao

Well, heeelllllooooo there choices. These new mods offer actual changes and choices to the players. Do I want range or damage, do I want less recoil or more firerate. How about more damage or less spread on my shotgun. It's choices, customization. If you're going to minmax you're going to minmax. No amount of balancing will stop that.

Well, heeelllllooooo there choices. These new mods offer actual changes and choices to the players. Do I want range or damage, do I want less recoil or more firerate. How about more damage or less spread on my shotgun. It's choices, customization. If you're going to minmax you're going to minmax. No amount of balancing will stop that.

It is not choices and customization for weapons that ignore the effects of recoil. Any charged weapon, the flux rifle, and Synapse. It is simply another serration for them.

Because only a few Frames actually benefit from stacked Skill Damage? Mind saying what the actual mod is including a screen shot, as this honestly just sounds off.

Err, there's like one frame that doesn't use it (loki) and a few others who kinda use it (nyx, vauban), and then a bunch of damage frames (some of which deal little damage anyways with the current system)

edit:

Ash's shuriken with 100% power deals 1k damage. Rhino's charge deals 1300. SnD deals 1k. Mag's pull deals 600 damage, lets be honest, adding in more focus was a bad idea probably.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

I like the new mods, and the fact they have tradeoffs. My issue is that they simply stack with the existing builds.

What would have made more sense is to create alternate versions of the base dmg mods which have tradeoffs, so you can choose which. Not BOTH.

I like the new mods, and the fact they have tradeoffs. My issue is that they simply stack with the existing builds.

What would have made more sense is to create alternate versions of the base dmg mods which have tradeoffs, so you can choose which. Not BOTH.

So instead of taking up 2 mod slots and 30 mod energy for +300% damage and +150% recoil, you need 1 mod slot and 15 mod energy for +300% damage and +150% recoil?

Are you sure you want to continue this line of argument?

So instead of taking up 2 mod slots and 30 mod energy for +300% damage and +150% recoil, you need 1 mod slot and 15 mod energy for +300% damage and +150% recoil?

No he's saying (I think) that he doesn't want them to stack (which should be the case with focus type mods really)

Yes. Obviously the new mods would have had to be more powerful than the existing increase mods to justify the tradeoffs. They'd have the same mod points as the regular mods IMO.

EX : Hornet Strike + 220% dmg

Scorpion Strike + 300% dmg, -30% fire rate

Asp Strike + 280% dmg, - 20% accuracy

etc

At the cost of making your gun less accurate.

Nevermind that games without power creep tend to fail unless they're PvP focused.

c'mon dude you can't believe that adding 100% damage to all weapons is a good idea. are you really making that argument?

we don't even have anything to kill that can withstand the prior damage....the last boss of the game had to have a damage cap installed as it was, bc we were too powerful.

"Hmm, do I want +150% bonus damage on my Flux Rifle? That's a tough decision, 'cause it's at the cost of +0% recoil..."

You're failing to see the issue at hand here. A lot of the mods are simply direct upgrades for certain weapons, and insanely powerful direct upgrades, at that. The only thing you're sacrificing by removing another mod in favour of the new one is a small amount of utility or maybe an elemental effect that doesn't matter anymore since the enemy will always be dead.

Edited by SortaRandom

Power creep is starting to become a hell of a misused term around here.

EDIT: I mean, come on. At this point the problem with Warframe isn't power creep, it's this:

The game has highly contradictory game experiences based on when you joined the game and how favoured you have been with the RNG gods, resulting in several different bases of complaints because what's stupidly easy for one person, can very well be one of the hardest things in the game for a completely different person due to reasons unrelated to skill. That is the main issue with Warframe.

This.  A million times, this.

The primary factor between 'challenging' and 'faceroll' is chance, as chance is the determining element in whether someone has access to facerolling privelages (i.e. If that mod dropped for you).

My hope is that these new mods err on the side of more severe penalties.  I'd rather see these as thoughtful options on crafting a niche for our Warframes, instead of things we'll be prompted to get because the bonuses so significantly outscale the penalties.  Increase versatility, not unilaterally increase killing power.

I think that Nightmare Mods should be used as the basis for how powerful you want new mods to be.  Especially if there isn't new content to be tackled with them.

Edit:  Had some trouble with post editing.
Edited by Alkirin