Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Mod Slots On Everything As Meta Leveling

TenStorms

With the new corrupted mods in 10.3. there are many ppl yelling for more mod slots to actually use them.

I thought about a really painfull way to achieve this and maybe add a little more to do for ppl like me, who have nearly everything in the Game (Steam says played over 900 hours).

How about gaining META Levels as a slot to a Warframe or Weapon or Sentinel ?

You have to Polarize EVERY Slot avaible and play it to Lvl 30.

Then you have to spend <insert additional Costs here (1 Million Credits and/or 10 Million Nanospores ???)>

Result is a resettet Version with only the standard Polarized Slots PLUS an additional ModSlot.

A Flux Rifle Comes in its default state with no polarities.

So you have to forma it 8 Times and play it with that to Lvl 30.

Now with (maybe additional Costs) you can META LEVEL it. 

You get a Flux wiht 9 Slots and no polarities at all, since this is the default value for that Weapon on Polarities.

To META LEVEL it again you have to Forma it now 9 times...

So additional Slots will be more and more expensive and longer time consuming.

I am still not satisfied with the Name META LEVEL...maybe someone has a better Name Calling Idea for that (English is not my native Speech sry).

Just throwing this out to you. Have Fun.

Another "easier" option could be:

Craft the Weapon again you want to upgrade.

So you would have to craft a second Flux which you have to "use" on your maxxed Polarized Flux.

Maybe with a Mastery Rank restriction (1 additional Slot for everything craftable at Mastery Rank 9, and another at Lvl 11 as an Example).

Another "easier" option could be:

Craft the Weapon again you want to upgrade.

So you would have to craft a second Flux which you have to "use" on your maxxed Polarized Flux.

Maybe with a Mastery Rank restriction (1 additional Slot for everything craftable at Mastery Rank 9, and another at Lvl 11 as an Example).

Thats even worse. Why not just have a new item similar to a forma?

No.

I think that Forma adding new polarization was an excellent expansion, but I do not think that adding new mod slots is appropriate.  Just as I don't think that allowing for more weapons to be carried, or having more than one sentinel is appropriate.

No.

I think that Forma adding new polarization was an excellent expansion, but I do not think that adding new mod slots is appropriate.  Just as I don't think that allowing for more weapons to be carried, or having more than one sentinel is appropriate.

So you think it's more appropriate for the dozens upon dozens of new mods they keep piling on to go completely unused?

Right now if you want your loadout to be at all effective in endgame content, you're ~required~ to have damage, multishot, and in most cases armor piercing. The new corrupted damage mods are likely to become part of the "standard" mod loadout too, so for rifles that's 4/8, pistols 5/8, and for shotguns, 6/8 mod slots used (the downside of spread on vicious spread might be enough of a downside to warrant not using, but even without that's 5/8 slots used). So that's, at -best-, 4 slots left to customize your weapon. But in all likelihood, those are going to go to elemental mods (or crit for a small handful of weapons), and maybe an ammo mutation, because damage reigns above all else in the endgame.

So there are these huge variety of mods to choose from to customize your weapons in all sorts of ways, except if you want to play challenging content with good rewards, your loadout is basically stuck. If they're going to continue giving us new content in the form of mods and they want us to actaully USE them, AND they refuse to get rid of serration etc and replace them with built-in damage increases per mod level, then we need more slots, plain and simple.