Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 2-Days In Feedback Top Items (+ Script Details!)

[DE]Rebecca

46 minutes ago, Genitive said:

It's nice that you acknowledge this.

Have you considered releasing a test/unstable version of Warframe client where you could test unreleased content with the help of players? I think it would be better than releasing buggy updates to the live game and frustrate people. I saw several comments suggesting something like that. I also remember you saying that some bugs don't appear on dev builds at all, so this more the reason to think about some kind of a test server.

This.

I would be willing to provide my personal details and sign an NDA if it meant being able to help find bugs and prevent updates from releasing with major issues. You don't even have to pay us. Just give us a unique cosmetic, like a shoulder badge or something, and that's enough payment for me.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Players were earning Victory Payout for Flotillas that didn’t reach 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

the fact that this can happen shows a design problem. the entire battlepay system feels like we are working on commission. worse than that, it feels like we are working on commission but will only receive our full salary if everyone else in the store meets their sales goals as well. if DE wanted to pay you like that would you be interested? just get rid of the battlepay and increase the mission rewards. 

The 100/100 requirement to get the bonus needs to go away. Nobody likes it. Nobody wants it. People do not want to receive 1/3 the pay for their time just because they chose the wrong server to join. Maybe give 1/2 the bonus upon expiration of the timer, and the other half if reached 100/100. That way people who did not join a successful flotilla can at least feel somewhat rewarded for their time.

Shinjen, I agree completely.

This game still has the potential to be something bigger, but these latest updates have just been too haphazard. There aren't any tie-ins to the existing core gameplay, creating a really disjoint feel among the different systems in the game. I'm hoping the future updates pull everything back together into one cohesive experience, because it is hard watching the game get so messy.

Thank you DE for deciding to reevaluate your approach to development. If your future updates are of the same quality as Revised, I know you'll get this game back on track.

12 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

For me personally, I didn't particularly enjoy Warframe Revised. I've always wanted the game to be harder and Revised made exactly the opposite: it made the game even easier than it already was. I thought it was cool that shield builds suddenly became good and viable, but disliked the enemy ehp heavy nerfs because it made a lot of powers and synergies irrelevant. BUT... I do feel like WF Revised was received really well by the community at large, content creators, etc. AoE falloff has been the only really criticized part of it and that's mostly because it involved nerfs to weapons, people will always be upset about that. But honestly, considering how much easier Revised made everything else, I don't even mind the AoE nerfs at all. And this is coming from someone who used explosive weapons a lot, secura penta was one of my favorite weapons. 

I'm not saying it was all bad,by any means, but there were still criticisms in many points of the update. Not all of them are valid, of course, but either hard-fact or common opinion does hold true for many of them.

Just a small selection off the top of my head, other than AOE, there's:

• issues with status procs overall (including as applied to players, not just as our output)
  • the question of whether the 100% status shotgun nerf took it too far (arguable, some nerf was mathematically justified and non-100% status shotties are much improved regardless)
  • there's issues with feedback on player Shield Gates (invuln display, conveyance of the refreshing of the gate)
  • oppressive problems with enemy shield gates (Shield Ospreys refreshing constantly, bleedover too low, non-weakpoint shieldgating enemies e.g. Arbi drones)
    • I remember in soloing the recent Mutalist Alad Sortie assassination, he'd damage-gate to immunity and refill shields each time, making it impossible if I hadn't been on my Trinity to EV him.
  • Infested damage increases unnecessary and prohibitive to everything that ISN'T a player (defending objects and Defection)
  • Reducing energy economy from Arcanes while enabling the bad-player's crutch of Energy Restore spam with 100x blueprints, a clear inconsistency in direction

vor 1 Stunde schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Meta Analysis:

Over the course of the past several months, there’s been a lot of repeated bad-to-mixed first impressions on new content releases.

We are doing our best with Hotfixes but, for a Warframe player, the experience you’d want to have with new content is not the one you’ve been getting the first 4-5 days after release (sometimes longer in the case of Liches / etc).We apologize for this frustration. This is a topic we plan on addressing by adapting our approach for the remainder of the year’s Updates. With the release of Warframe: Revised earlier this month, we’re hoping to continue in this direction with revising old, but also adding new in a better way!

That is not to say future Updates will be completely bug free (we’d never make a claim like this), but we hope to break out of the bad first impression cycle in a constructive way. Thank you for your patience!

Please see our past post here to catch up on what Hotfixes have covered, and check back here for updates:
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178297-scarlet-spear-launch-hour-feedback-top-items/?tab=comments#comment-11453263

Cheers, Tenno!

Just an edited repost as answer:

Please consider the time schedule of those events. People want to play when they have time and seeking for distraction. No one wants to play like a school schedule you're creating and timegating. I dont care if I have to play over weeks for an amp or running x mission to get what I want if I can spare the time here and there to achieve this goal later on. The problem is that you want to force me to get it in a few days. But this simply drives me away from you. In my opinion it makes things worse and in the longevity unhealthier.

How about bring old events / operations back?

Who cares if somebody x years later could still play the events? Just block any leaderboards after certain timeframe and no one would care if a newbie got the same arcanes, cosmetics whatever years later. Thats in my pov just plain stupid gamedesign and a waste of development time and ressources as well. Heck we could have so much more to play during the next big thing if your former events were still here. My bet is there would be alot of poeple who wants to enjoy it with their friends again who started Warframe few days ago.

Some of the USPs of Warframe was the community. The Problem is that you is catering toxic beheaviour with those releases. Ground team get you S#&$ done etc. etc. And dont forget this stupid 100/100 relay nonsense? There is no purpose from a gamemechanical view to do timegate it like that. I mean why doesnt you made the numbers indefinitely and every 100 murex there could be a check who and how much participated. No one would be excluded to get the right relay at the right time.

Meta Analysis:

Over the course of the past several months, there’s been a lot of repeated bad-to-mixed first impressions on new content releases.

We are doing our best with Hotfixes but, for a Warframe player, the experience you’d want to have with new content is not the one you’ve been getting the first 4-5 days after release (sometimes longer in the case of Liches / etc).We apologize for this frustration. This is a topic we plan on addressing by adapting our approach for the remainder of the year’s Updates. With the release of Warframe: Revised earlier this month, we’re hoping to continue in this direction with revising old, but also adding new in a better way!

That is not to say future Updates will be completely bug free (we’d never make a claim like this), but we hope to break out of the bad first impression cycle in a constructive way. Thank you for your patience!

I believe the matchmaking and tutorials will go a long way in easing player frustration. Thank you all for getting those out there!

I think the 2 biggest issues with this particular new game mechanic being released are:

1. It has been released as a temporary event instead of a permanent game mode. This causes panic in the player base that believe (logically or not, we have no other information to go on) that the buggy nature of the release will prevent their participation/optimal completion.

2. Issues in this release reflect or echo "solved" bugs or design frustrations from previous releases. It isn't just that previous releases have been buggy, but that many seem to believe this release has the same bugs or the same poor design choices (ex: cost/grind levels) that were widely recognized in those previous releases. 

I wish you all the luck. And don't get sick trying to put all of the fires out! Stay safe, k?

*Minor suggestion:

Spoiler

The transition between Murex mission and the return to Scarlet Spear is pretty rough. Sometime down the line, maybe this could become a bit smoother?

Has there been any info on Gold and Platinum arcanes being added anytime soon/if at all? Those are really the only ones I farmed for. Sitting at 45k scarlet credits just waiting to see. Also regardless of the issues that presented themselves, It was disappointing to see a force extract after 17 Condrix. I was very much looking forward to the endless Condrix and seeing just how far it was  possible to push them before failure. The current ground team assault is a little lackluster since there's no real difficulty to it as nothing scales high enough to matter. Also for Space Teams you have to give some extra incentive to doing the railjack portions. More credits/Extremely boosted intrinsics/Double if not Triple Resources towards railjack. With the huge portion of players that have negative feelings towards railjack (myself being one of them) there is absolutely no reason for me to put myself through those missions over just spam running the ground team. 

vor einer Stunde schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

As the first 2 days have had numerous issues with Scarlet Credit payouts, we will be running a Script with the next Hotfix (27.3.4). The details are:

If you have accrued any Scarlet Credits, you will receive an Inbox upon login to grant you a duplicate of that amount. The duplicate amount of Scarlet Credits will be reflective of your total Scarlet Credit score over the entire Operation, regardless of if you spent it already.

Sorry, but that's a horrible idea. Those who suffered the most from the problems of this event will get the least out of this "compensation" and vice-versa.

Had 24k credits. Didnt got the right reward for 1 rank 2, 1 rank 3 and 8k from the first patch, so at least another 24k points owned.

Got 16k instead.

Can you guys just scrape the bonus rewards, murex limits and time gate and just REWARD PEOPLE FOR THEIR TIME?

You guys REALLY think that doing massive grindy 'fear of missing out' events will be enough to stop the game from bleeding yet more players this year?

This is a topic we plan on addressing by adapting our approach for the remainder of the year’s Updates. With the release of Warframe: Revised earlier this month, we’re hoping to continue in this direction with revising old, but also adding new in a better way!

Space mom, i am sooo happy to read that .. no dev in the world can ever create something bug free, but all we ask is, take all the time you need and deliver your game in a good shape that you as a player before a developer feel it and love it 

stay safe 

hace 1 hora, Lord-Childeric dijo:

One thing I'd like to say, if we put bonus reward bug aside, the grind is not as heavy as some players tend to say. Bug free, one smooth 2hours of SS grants between 15k an 20k (10k bonus points considered in). So if you don't want to get any arcades, but only new stuff, a player needs to perform that score 3 to 4 times... and we have 1 month to do it. Sorry for anyone who reads this and is complaining about the 'grind' but it's complete nonsense...

Yeah, i think the same, players want all the rewards in one day, and this is a month event, i play since 2013, and i can say, new players do not known how heavy the grind was in the past, people need to complain less and play more, if the grind is not their thing, this is not the right game for them to play

Meta Analysis:

Cheers, Tenno!

On a more serious, less gif-y note (and on topic)..

THIS.

This is most inspiring. This is greatly appreciated. Reading this brings back feelings of say... when you guys added in trade and decided to let us trade your premium currency (still a decision i highly commend you for, and use in your defense against unfair players who attempt to attack you for being ''p2w'' or 'greedy'). 

I am honored to be such a stable supporter (in play time) over the years, and monetary supporter (when i can afford it, through prime access and tennogens) of a game that really does make ME feel like you all actually care about us and the game. 

There are a lot of 'attributes' to the way you all handle the game that for lack of a better word seem 'ignorant'. Not ignorant as in stupid, dumb, or unintelligent. 

Ignorant like: lacking knowledge, information, or awareness about a particular thing.

Many players will make comments throughout my playtime over the years to the effect of: does de even play their own game??  are they even as passionate about their brainchild as we are about playing it??

And, while sometimes yes it may seem that the team is unknowingly or even willfully avoiding changes to certain aspects of the game that are critical to the player experience, overall this is STILL MY FAVORITE GAME. And for better or worse, I stick with warframe through thick or thin (or extra thicc. Looking at you wispybuns). 

B U T

Its times like this when the team/company are so willing to address concerns, enhance the player experience, improve the game outside of graphical improvements, and whole heartedly acknowledge that yes stuff needs work and the intent to change it, that my love for the team and the game just becomes reinforced. 

NOW:

If you really mean the part about: we plan on addressing by adapting our approach for the remainder of the year’s Updates

then there is only really one thing you need to do. and that thing is: INVOLVE THE PLAYER-BASE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF NEW FEATURES AND REVISIONS OF OLD ONES.

i dont mean actually let us develop them... but for Clem's sake.. you have the forums and reddit at your disposal and though the 'design council' never really felt like we were designing or counciling anything (i joined after nova release) this is the perfect opportunity to get good feedback from the active players through general threads or even design council specific threads. And, I mean more than just Polls. There are many aspects to the game and getting some pre-emptive feedback from us throughout the stages of development of a thing (game mode, event, warframe, etc) could only benefit the community as a whole.

SURE! Youre gonna get random wacked out ideas. SURE! Youre gonna get a lot of hate. 

BUT WHAT YOURE GONNA GET A LOT MORE OF: is trust and affection. RAPORT if you will. You dont have to tell us everything, and feedback requests could be very specific. Just like how bug reporting has become with that lovely little template for us to copy paste and fill in. 

TLDR: Ask for help from your loyal tenno. Get ideas/feedback before making big moves. Make us feel included so that the ownership we feel for the game is one of caring and not one of 'i paid x' or 'i spent x hours'. If we really care, it isnt about money or time. 

I love this game. I love yall. I love the people ive played with over 7 years. I want to see this game last another 7. Keep it up. Keep making us feel appreciated and acknowledged.

And most importantly: Just know this: Through good and bad, your true tenno community will stick with you and love you through the mess-ups and successes. 

Emotionally yours- 

POOKLES 

13 minutes ago, -Bv-Psykiik said:

Space mom, i am sooo happy to read that .. no dev in the world can ever create something bug free, but all we ask is, take all the time you need and deliver your game in a good shape that you as a player before a developer feel it and love it 

stay safe 

this.

Im Not Crying GIF by Debby Ryan

Just going to give my personal feedback so far--

• I've played more ground operation than railjack, and ground seems way more stable/less glitchy. Ground also feels like less time consuming, although I think I got more points for doing railjack.
  • The point system in general, and the rewards from Little Duck, seem unbalanced. I feel like I've played a ton of Scarlet Spear already, but only have about 5000 points even after getting the 100% increase after the latest hotfix. Generally I don't mind grinding, but this feels a bit much in order to even get one worthwhile item at this point.
  • I'd like to play this event, as I like the concept of two different teams working together, but due to the point system, I don't feel it's worth it right now.  To get some of the weapon rewards or future rare arcanes, I'd have to play nonstop, and there's just too much else I'd like to complete in other aspects of the game than solely focusing on this event.

Overall, again, I think the concept of the event is cool, but as it currently stands, I can't see myself devoting much more time if the current point structure stays the same. I'm spending 15-20 minutes per run and barely increasing my total points.

Anyway, thanks for continually updating the event, I'm sure it'll continue to improve as the days pass by.

please, remove the need to have 100/100 Murex to have the bonus, it is only a question of luck : 

does enough player will choose the same instance as me ?

topic about it : https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1178928-scarlet-spear-bonus-system-is-frustrating

The fact that our score is link to 1 instance is also a big issue : 

The personal score should be the sum of what we did in all instance of Scarlet Spear Flotilla, so we can change of flotilla ; as exemple, to join a friend in an other flotilla without have less reward.

And a last issue : why would we have less bonus reward if we play both in railjack and on the earth, than if weplay only on one of them ? 

why it is the max of the 2, and not the sum of the 2 ?

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hah. A lot? Shall we recall the difference between Tennocon and the products released? The devstreams? Like how Steve wanted to make a good enemy for the Tenno (Lich) but instead got the thing he wanted the least ("A randomly generated enemy lacking of long term engagement", to quote). Railjack, this massive update that was supposed to bring everything together... ended up an isolated island of its own regards, not to mention how expensive it was to get running, the ridiculous RNG for parts, with times where could have sworn I was playing a mobile game rather than Warframe. I haven't forgotten about the repair drones, I'm still salty about that. Scarlet Spear was and still is a mess, and I'm going to bet you guys are going to miss the deadlines for the New War and Duviri Paradox due to the same series of failures. More promises broken, product shipped out that was missing several parts of what was shown to us.

No offense to you Rebecca, you're just the Community Manager so I won't harp on you too much, but your company is ruining itself. You guys have too many ideas and will/are not able to keep the content quality we enjoyed before. Digital Extremes has been slipping, and its very, very much showing.

To put quite simply:

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

but we hope to break out of the bad first impression cycle in a constructive way. Thank you for your patience!

Words are hollow. Back them up with action, or players will leave.

il y a 9 minutes, (XB1)Shodian a dit :

Probably to keep it so not just one game mode is played more than the other.

no, on the contrary, it make that if you start with a game mode, you can not change. (or if you change, you will obtain less point)

3 hours ago, ENGINEEEEER said:

Glad you're acknowledging the repeating pattern here. I especially seem to be noting issues about rewards and time to get to desired rewards. Too much grind for the basic rewards can be quite off-putting. 

Hope it improves. 

They will do it again, and acknowledge again.

Archived