The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scarlet Spear: 2-Days In Feedback Top Items (+ Script Details!)

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, Khaos_Zand3r said:

And now Scarlet Spear, where in an unlikely bug-free scenario, it takes hours upon hours of playing to get any of the rewards. It was touted as a way to get enough Arcanes to be usable, but the cost for them is so high it's infeasible to get enough of even one kind. Plus scores being restricted to an instanced Flotilla instead of just being for the given player regardless of Flotilla.

Putting aside dealing with bugs and being impeded by other players' successes and failures both, unless the Rare and Legendary arcanes are vastly more of a jump in cost over the common to uncommon, I have to disagree. The groundwork is there, it's just a lot of arcanes to choose from.

Let's assume that each tier is raised by 500 cost as with the current ones, optimistically. That means to completely max an arcane from scratch costs 21000 - 52500 scarlet credits. (1k common - 2.5k legendary)

A squad can reach the 5000 score threshold within one hour. This results in 15000 creds assuming victory payout. Therefore, it takes 2-4 Flotillas at one hour of mission time each to max a given arcane, with zero chance of getting screwed by rarity/dupes.

By comparison, running Eidolons nets, each time;

74% common, 26% uncommon arcane drop from Teralyst captures (appx 1120 equivalent score value)

78.2% uncommon, 21.8% rare arcane from Gantulyst captures (appx 1609 equivalent score)

85% rare, 15% legendary arcane from Hydrolyst captures (appx 2075 equivalent score)

Net equivalent score 4804 per tricap.

Considering the time cycle of the Plains, therefore, we have Scarlet Spear waves approximately valued at 3.12 tridolon runs per cycle. Both expose an hour's activity window (though the tridolons can be meta'd quicker, and it takes more if not fully squadded up for Scarlet Spear) and have a couple of hours' additional downtime between repeats.

More importantly, in Scarlet Spear you never get duplicates you won't want, while also being allowed to lump your earnings towards a singular arcane (whereas your effective Eidolon score is split over a minimum of 3 arcanes).

That's provided the cost structure isn't artificially magnified for rares and/or legendaries, though.

3 hours ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

Putting aside dealing with bugs and being impeded by other players' successes and failures both, unless the Rare and Legendary arcanes are vastly more of a jump in cost over the common to uncommon, I have to disagree. The groundwork is there, it's just a lot of arcanes to choose from.

Let's assume that each tier is raised by 500 cost as with the current ones, optimistically. That means to completely max an arcane from scratch costs 21000 - 52500 scarlet credits. (1k common - 2.5k legendary)

A squad can reach the 5000 score threshold within one hour. This results in 15000 creds assuming victory payout. Therefore, it takes 2-4 Flotillas at one hour of mission time each to max a given arcane, with zero chance of getting screwed by rarity/dupes.

By comparison, running Eidolons nets, each time;

74% common, 26% uncommon arcane drop from Teralyst captures (appx 1120 equivalent score value)

78.2% uncommon, 21.8% rare arcane from Gantulyst captures (appx 1609 equivalent score)

85% rare, 15% legendary arcane from Hydrolyst captures (appx 2075 equivalent score)

Net equivalent score 4804 per tricap.

Considering the time cycle of the Plains, therefore, we have Scarlet Spear waves approximately valued at 3.12 tridolon runs per cycle. Both expose an hour's activity window (though the tridolons can be meta'd quicker, and it takes more if not fully squadded up for Scarlet Spear) and have a couple of hours' additional downtime between repeats.

More importantly, in Scarlet Spear you never get duplicates you won't want, while also being allowed to lump your earnings towards a singular arcane (whereas your effective Eidolon score is split over a minimum of 3 arcanes).

That's provided the cost structure isn't artificially magnified for rares and/or legendaries, though.

Very precise analisys there, pity you forgot to factor in that this event is borked as hell, so actually getting that payout is pretty much like winning platinum during a stream

9 minutes ago, Ikusias said:

Very precise analisys there, pity you forgot to factor in that this event is borked as hell, so actually getting that payout is pretty much like winning platinum during a stream

I said right at the start, that's putting aside the bugs and co-op done so badly it becomes practically parallel PVP; the pricing groundwork is decently appropriate for arcanes as compared Tridolons, it's just the mechanical structure of getting it.

Just today myself I had two waves this morning which denied my opportunity to score because of high population (100/100 before I could hit 5k despite me beginning LITERALLY in the first minute) and I've just aborted a doomed flotilla that the game refused to push to other players, leaving us stuck with 6 people total in the flotilla, so it wasted both the space crews' time (over 1 hour and not even a single completed 5-murex raid to show for it due to waiting on codes) and everyone's efforts entirely (no chance in hell for a victory payout when 7 murex are downed over 2 hours of wave time).

It takes either an idiot or a sociopath to design it so that any individual is forced to gamble their efforts away against others who can impede or invalidate it by BOTH successes (completion too fast) AND failures (not enough completion).

32 minutes ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

It takes either an idiot or a sociopath to design it so that any individual is forced to gamble their efforts away against others who can impede or invalidate it by BOTH successes (completion too fast) AND failures (not enough completion).

Archived