Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Working From Home: Devstreams

[DE]Rebecca

also i get it DE the event didn't work out as planned, but take this and learn from it so the next event is better. i still love the game even if i hate the event.

15 hours ago, Edphedrine said:

Yeah, when? I need that!
It could be fantastic while we waiting 20mins in Flotilla to receive a 10min timer until we can start the assaults.

you have uno it came free with your tenno. sorry had to make that joke.

16 hours ago, Masterchiefxan said:

Is there any chance that a Chroma Rework is being thought of or currently in the works. Im asking cause he primarily has one ability that is used and 3 other abilities that are lackluster and very boring which makes him not very fun to play.

CHroma is dead  and has been for a while. 

I hope the team is still looking at this thread. I appreciate all the hard work and the impressive attempt at pushing a major upgrade while working from home. I imagine lots of things were learned. 

I came into the DevStream about half way so please bear with me. DE has had two major updates that had rocky starts. I thought I heard Steve mention something about needing more testing. I was wondering if it was possible to make a test cluster available to more players to help facilitate testing?  This would have the potential of getting more stress testing done. Have it be like a second account that every so often snapshots a player's current status from live so they don't have to start from scratch, unless you need to test something. If necessary add a subscription base where you get access to dev and a certain amount of plat per month. That might offset costs. Just an idea.

Idea for next devstreams: Pick a Warframe partner or ask for canidates who have the set up required to do streams.   Let that person represent the community and ask questions directly to the developers.  I understand it is time consuming and biased and stuff but I dont think anyone from DE visits the forums and reads through stuff to understand how Tenno feel about different parts of the game.  You just respond to random stuff being spammed at you on the livestreams.  I dont have alot of respect for streamers but they atleast play the game a little bit.  

-----------------

I want to be critical of the amount of iteration being done on different parts of the game but when I think about all the latest stuff, you guys have done a great job of not only bug fixing new stuff but also listening to some of the feedback and changing things.  Thats kind of my problem though is how much iteration is enough.  It seems like DE gets to a point and then just drops that part of the game and works on the next thing.    When I watch console specific streams I wanna hear my Community Managers talking about the issues specific to consoles.   When I watch Dev Streams I wanna hear you guys talk about the status of different parts of the game.  

Like specifically:  How DE feels about the current version of Railjack, Lichs, Nightwave.  The bugs your trying to squash.  But more importantly the overall picture,  what kind of feedback your hearing, why you cant or wont do certain things being suggested.  

Like Rebecca asked Steve directly about what he thought about Nightwave.  Instead of talking about what his perception of our happiness with Nightwave over all was and what could be tweaked to make it better.   He just talked about when the next wave is coming.  He talked about how the next wave was going to be slightly different which was interesting.   But what about the variety of chalenges, the amount of challenges,  the rewards,  the economy of the event,  prestige ranks...    Does he feel like everyone is happy with most of those things.  Are you  at DE happy with where those things are.      ( I am not saying one word about the delays to the events.  I totally understand even without the corona virus other parts of the game can take time away from things like nightwave.)

I think a small part of the team should always be looking at older content,  like ESO, open worlds, 

-------------------

I understand Developers do not want to feel obligated to make the game the way the players want.   What I do not understand though is why wont Developers engage the community with Polls in the forums ???  If you are looking at something in the game and your not sure which way to go...why not just ask the players??  Make a poll, link it in game so EVERYONE sees it and boom you have a pretty decent indicator of what the majority wants or would like....

---------------------

If you wanna talk about difficulty...

I think every mode of Warframe the enemies should cap at 30.  ( I really hate having to be fully modded just to be equal to a challenge. I prefer Overkill.)

In hard mode of warframe disable all mods like you did with the grendel pieces.  Those were some hellish missions.  The thing I like about this is two fold.  All the people who cry because stuff is to easy do so with all their mods on.  There is nothing stopping them from taking their mods off and making the game harder for THEMSELVES but do they do that?? Hell no.   But if DE is a dumb and has hardmode only rewards then it lets newbies and casuals also have a shot at the stuff because they dont need fancy mods to play.    

Archived