Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.4

[DE]Megan

So DE, let's go over this event and try to figure out what is and isn't a feature or bug.

The intention is to have ground crews generate kill codes, upload them to the flotilla, and then have a railjack crew fly out to the Murex and complete a round of defense to "Kill" the Murex.  The defense timer is set by the number of OP-Links, and there must be some codes in the flotilla or nothing is transmitted.  Once you complete either the ground missions, or the fleet missions, you receive points based on something, and you then rank up in the fleet somehow.  Ranking up reward as many or more credits than participating in the events, which are time gated such that 3 hours is the maximum amount of time they can run before a stop and restart.  Rewards are only offered if an arbitrary amount of Murexes are killed.

Looking at this from the player perspective, this is a game mode where you really either kill Condrix or mobile defense on a Murex.  So, let's run through the Condrix.

You get 15 points for the first one.  You are capped at 17 captures.  The initial scaling was so bad that you've twice decreased it.  On top of all of this, the thing is a miserable experience where the goal is simply to have huge spawn numbers in close proximity such that AoE is the only reasonable thing to do if you don't have either a disarm or DPS option.  After a number of captures you can earn a couple of thousand points, assuming you're willing to spend more than 1/6th of the event on a single run.  Low rewards, low challenge, and high frustration.

Pop back to the fleet, and those codes are capable of being sent to the Murex.  

Starting here, matchmaking upon release was stupidly broken.  It's...ok...now.  The maximum amount of Murexes means a dedicated group can actually end the event on one instance before people earn a higher rank.  The event itself is a testament to how much a competent Limbo can be valued, and the Railjack is best used as a temporary transportation between ground events.  Topping all of this off, you've introduced a bunch of avionics...and the old issue where there isn't enough capacity to equip avionics in all slots rears its ugly head.  I've got a 100-90 reactor, and I still have 4 slots completed unpopulated.  Let's add a decrease in revolite cost, akin to the intrinsics bonus but competing with something necessary such as forward artillery damage, health, armor, and basic abilities.

Now, there's issues here.  But what about the things I haven't touched on?

Rewards for ground missions suck badly.  You can go half an hour and get 200 credits.  The same on railjack could yield 1000+ credits.  It's more rewarding to potentially end the event for people, and that's an issue.  You're penalizing everyone so that a few people who have invested into the Railjack can get quick credits.

Bugs.  Oh so many bugs.  I can't really put this into words, but when the satellite decides to not be picked up, and dies because the sentients focused on it...despite there being no enemies, and all of this is after running ground missions where the Condrix needed to be damaged but never opened...wow.  I get some bugs, but if this was a vacuum tube computer it wouldn't be debugging so much as simply tilting the thing to the side and hitting it with a water jet to cut through the layer upon layer or dried husks.

Let's restart.  To do that you need to do two things immediately:

1) Define the rewards and conditions.  You did this at the start, but the rules are different now.  Let's get an accurate refresh.

2) Remove the 100 Murex limit.  Keep the requirement.  Make the Murex count offer an increasing multiplier with increasing deaths.  This rewards railjack crews, ground crews, and doesn't penalize.  It's an event change that rewards participation rather than making participation potentially game ending.

If you'd like to win some additional points, move the event timer from 3 hours+10minutes downtime to 3:50 event and 10 minutes downtime.  With the ability to participate at any time, as outlined with the two above changes, you won't have huge influxes near the end of shifts.  This is meant to balance and reward play, reduce loading spikes, and make a better event.  Can you please really take a look at this?  It's almost like you're pawning off virtually no play testing on working from home.  I call shenanigans.  Manufacturing is still running, with plenty of from home laborers.  Software development being incapable of that is....let's call it silly.

so basically if you had 1000 points but never got the 2000 bonus points you were supposed to you now have 2000 points instead of 6000. nice.

edit:

lol i didn't get any in my inbox at all because all of my points are bugged and show 0/50000 very cool

Mag's 4 still bugs crimson spear ground missions. 

There is a bad interaction with her 4 and the mission target where it closes the weakspot allowing it to keep summoning sentients but not ever opening so the team can damage it.

So I've earned over 50K points before this latest hotfix:

There are still bugs with regards to the missions. There is a severe delay or desync between scoring. Last night the leaderboards were updating only at the end of the run, and the flotilla had players on it physically who were offline. The whole thing is frustrating as you don't know if the damn system gives you an emblem at all.

On top of that, we did 3x17 condrix runs in 29-30-30 mins to hit the score max, and we weren't awarded additional creds because we couldn't tell (due to desync) if the murex was going up. 

The other issue is trying to join a flotilla with actual raids to do. It informs you on the relay there are loads left but once in you cannot start. This makes matchmaking take up to 15m just to play the damn game. 

Haven't really had any problems on ground anymore aside from desyncs. But this is the most frustrating part.

15 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

So DE, let's go over this event and try to figure out what is and isn't a feature or bug.

The intention is to have ground crews generate kill codes, upload them to the flotilla, and then have a railjack crew fly out to the Murex and complete a round of defense to "Kill" the Murex.  The defense timer is set by the number of OP-Links, and there must be some codes in the flotilla or nothing is transmitted.  Once you complete either the ground missions, or the fleet missions, you receive points based on something, and you then rank up in the fleet somehow.  Ranking up reward as many or more credits than participating in the events, which are time gated such that 3 hours is the maximum amount of time they can run before a stop and restart.  Rewards are only offered if an arbitrary amount of Murexes are killed.

Looking at this from the player perspective, this is a game mode where you really either kill Condrix or mobile defense on a Murex.  So, let's run through the Condrix.

You get 15 points for the first one.  You are capped at 17 captures.  The initial scaling was so bad that you've twice decreased it.  On top of all of this, the thing is a miserable experience where the goal is simply to have huge spawn numbers in close proximity such that AoE is the only reasonable thing to do if you don't have either a disarm or DPS option.  After a number of captures you can earn a couple of thousand points, assuming you're willing to spend more than 1/6th of the event on a single run.  Low rewards, low challenge, and high frustration.

Pop back to the fleet, and those codes are capable of being sent to the Murex.  

Starting here, matchmaking upon release was stupidly broken.  It's...ok...now.  The maximum amount of Murexes means a dedicated group can actually end the event on one instance before people earn a higher rank.  The event itself is a testament to how much a competent Limbo can be valued, and the Railjack is best used as a temporary transportation between ground events.  Topping all of this off, you've introduced a bunch of avionics...and the old issue where there isn't enough capacity to equip avionics in all slots rears its ugly head.  I've got a 100-90 reactor, and I still have 4 slots completed unpopulated.  Let's add a decrease in revolite cost, akin to the intrinsics bonus but competing with something necessary such as forward artillery damage, health, armor, and basic abilities.

Now, there's issues here.  But what about the things I haven't touched on?

Rewards for ground missions suck badly.  You can go half an hour and get 200 credits.  The same on railjack could yield 1000+ credits.  It's more rewarding to potentially end the event for people, and that's an issue.  You're penalizing everyone so that a few people who have invested into the Railjack can get quick credits.

Bugs.  Oh so many bugs.  I can't really put this into words, but when the satellite decides to not be picked up, and dies because the sentients focused on it...despite there being no enemies, and all of this is after running ground missions where the Condrix needed to be damaged but never opened...wow.  I get some bugs, but if this was a vacuum tube computer it wouldn't be debugging so much as simply tilting the thing to the side and hitting it with a water jet to cut through the layer upon layer or dried husks.

Let's restart.  To do that you need to do two things immediately:

1) Define the rewards and conditions.  You did this at the start, but the rules are different now.  Let's get an accurate refresh.

2) Remove the 100 Murex limit.  Keep the requirement.  Make the Murex count offer an increasing multiplier with increasing deaths.  This rewards railjack crews, ground crews, and doesn't penalize.  It's an event change that rewards participation rather than making participation potentially game ending.

If you'd like to win some additional points, move the event timer from 3 hours+10minutes downtime to 3:50 event and 10 minutes downtime.  With the ability to participate at any time, as outlined with the two above changes, you won't have huge influxes near the end of shifts.  This is meant to balance and reward play, reduce loading spikes, and make a better event.  Can you please really take a look at this?  It's almost like you're pawning off virtually no play testing on working from home.  I call shenanigans.  Manufacturing is still running, with plenty of from home laborers.  Software development being incapable of that is....let's call it silly.

The early Condrix missions are designed for newer players, so that they can still participate in the event. It is nowhere near as bad as Eidolons, of course the longer you go the better rewards you get. If it was easy, and they add in legendary arcanes why would anyone ever feel the need to get eidolon tier gear? The rewards make snese

Yes, you can go half an hour for 200 creds. However, I've done several 17x runs in under half an hour, and none of our gear was particularly amazing. You can use the redeemer prime to pretty much crush the condrix. Before you say that's MR locked, ofc it is. The further you are into the game, the easier it is. 

I agree with pretty much everything else you said, DE needs to read your post

*Slow clapping*
Wow. Really just WOW. So if you are realizing this is a stupid grindfest you are ignored, because your "apology credits" are based on what you already grinded under player-hating conditions set by the developers. Lower the prices or massively boost the payout of missions, we are talking about x10 being fair, nothing lower than that, or, as said, cut the costs down to 10%. Again: have you learned NOTHING from the past, DE? 😧 

I might have a genuine solution to the problem of zombie flotillas. 

Due to ISP problems, my connection to warframe servers have always been very picky unless I'm using a VPN. I can't see or interact with anyone in any hub (like relays), but I have no problem joining other players games. This didn't pose any large problems up until now, because if you want to play Scarlet spear missions in any capacity, you need to enter the flotilla, and when you do, the connection problem tricks your game into thinking that murax raids are always on cooldown. 

And now for my suggested fix: simply add a join ground assault/space raid button on the world state menu or on the solar chart near the scarlet spear flotilla icon. This way players like myself can directly join other players without needing to enter flotillas and connect to any servers and being denied entry there.

9 minutes ago, Jeancly said:

ok wow, OF FU**ING COURSE THE FIX is not working !

Can someone explain tome why i got 10k instead of 17364 as i should have !?!?!?

Capped at 10.000.

On 2020-03-25 at 6:41 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.3

Hotdropped last night:

• Fixed inability to Trade.

Scarlet Spear Victory Payout Change

• We have changed the way Bonus Victory Payout is calculated to benefit all participating players in Murex Victories. Previously, your Victory Payout was determined by your Rank in the Flotilla (I, II, or III). Now, Victory Payout is calculated by your Best Higher Total Score between Ground or Space multiplied by 2 (CAPPED AT 10,000). 100/100 Murex Driven Away before the timer expires is still required to receive Victory Payout.
    • As an example - if you earn 300 points in a Ground Assault in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 600 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
    • As another example - if you earn 4,000 points in a Murex Raid in a Flotilla that drives the Murex away, you will earn 8,000 Scarlet Credits as a Victory Payout. 
    • This aims to address some feedback we’ve been receiving about players who join a Flotilla in progress (ex 70/100 Murex Driven Away, etc) who aren’t able to reach a Rank in the Flotilla before it reaches 100/100 Murex Driven Away.

A known issue that we’re aware of/investigating are the reports of receiving the wrong amount of Victory Payout respective to the Rank which is earned in the Flotilla. However, there are reports of players receiving the correct amount of Victory Payout, which is why we’re continuing to investigate the discrepancies. We have some fixes in the works that will be tested overnight before we submit for a Hotfix.

We have several other known issues we are investigating for Flotilla Kill Code upload progress and bug reports have been helpful in tracking down the issues. 

Pretty sure its 100/100 completed. Got to 5000+ points in ground battle but didn't get the ground battle emblem 3 and the credits, inbox only emblem 2 so far. Please fix this..Orelse im just gonna give up on this event. Its too tiring, time consuming and too buggy.

UDDvOJG.jpgsJIzpqi.jpg

il y a 2 minutes, Cyanide2018 a dit :

Ok, so I just got finished with another wave. It was at 86/100 when the time ran out. Result: no victory paying for all the work I've put in through no fault of my own.

What kind of cretin decided this design was a good idea in the first place?

Well all De @ to do is :

Increase the point reward by 3.

Change the flotilla 100 bonus to a "crafted stance forma" instead of that payout.

For me, the stance is useless in pretty much every case, making it an "Okay" reward

19 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

To address the ‘desync’ issues across the board, we’ve changed Scarlet Credit scores to be uploaded at certain checkpoints throughout both Ground Assault and Murex Raid missions. This Scoring upload change will keep the Database and the Flotilla more in sync to fix all of the above issues.

This didn't fix anything. On the same flotilla, the codes stopped sending two times, for well over half an hour each. First one was manageable, cause by the time the game recovered we still had over one and a half hours to complete 50 more Murex, but then the second one happened, with 50 minutes to go and 82/100 Murex, and didn't recover. We could have nailed those last 18 Murex with ease, but no, the game decided to screw us over. Well screw this operation too. I am done with this bulls*it. This operation shouldn't have been launched, it's in a worse state than Anthem or Fallout 76 at launch.

What's the point of playing if the game doesn't allow you to win? I'm done. I'm gonna go play better games, cause this is absolutely pathetic.

Shout out to @Alice-11thDivision and everyone else who had to endure this bulls*it with me. You guys rocked!

15 minutes ago, Gabbynaru said:

This didn't fix anything. On the same flotilla, the codes stopped sending two times, for well over half an hour each. First one was manageable, cause by the time the game recovered we still had over one and a half hours to complete 50 more Murex, but then the second one happened, with 50 minutes to go and 82/100 Murex, and didn't recover. We could have nailed those last 18 Murex with ease, but no, the game decided to screw us over. Well screw this operation too. I am done with this bulls*it. This operation shouldn't have been launched, it's in a worse state than Anthem or Fallout 76 at launch.

Another game. One space team (I am on it), four ground teams. No kill codes are sent. We wait and wait and... nothing.

The host leaves. I leave as well and re-join another space team. Oh, look. I am dead before I could fully join! No worries, no worries, let me self-rez. Oh... what is this? My map doesn't show enemies, I can't leave the RJ, I can't do anything at all except for shooting at enemies (which don't appear on my map, mind you) and run around.

Sooooooo... yeah. I think I am going to wait this one out.

Everything is still a hot mess....

Was in the ground team, killing and scanning condrix, yet the space team yells they need kill codes....ffs.... we have like 7-10 ground teams vs 3-4 space teams running.

At this stage, this event is a waste of time....

I know your goal is awesome, "real time" coop between land and sky, but the execution is poor. I know you guys still working on it, but look for all the frustrated "beta testers" here.... please consider extending or even scraping the time limit

From the host of problems I saw and suffered through in this event, i get the impression that the main issue is with DE servers (or better: lack of)

- gave assistance to multiple squads, both planetside and murexside... actual acknowledgment happened 28 minutes later on average

- matchmaking is still utterly bonkers, half the time you are forced to play solo, both planetside and in space

- in space kill codes reception is bugged as hell

- joining an active and "healty" flottilla is a russian roulette

- 100/100 murex sabotage condition is extremely toxic, leading to players screwingo over each other

if a flottilla isn't doing well, no one will join it, screwing off all those that were partecipating in it until that moment

Flottilla payoff is the worst idea ever

Archived