[DE]Megan

Operation: Scarlet Spear: Hotfix 27.3.4

I need to investigate an issue, where a player's orbiter becomes a pseudo-flotilla. It still is the orbiter, but has Flotilla mission logic.

Trying to go into Railjack in this state removes all railjack mission nodes except the real Flotilla node.

Inviting a player on the Orbiter says something along the lines of "Flotilla full". 

my hunch is: If a Flotilla doesn't get killcodes, it's either an out-of-array Flotilla or rather "dead" Flotilla, which wasn't migrated. No kidding, I have seen a whole list of Flotillas disappear, giving me only one choice to join.

If there is no Murex Waves, it's an Orbiter Zombie Node, which isn't regarded in the Flotilla Logic, might as well be a fully working captura at that point.

For some reason, there seems to be a odd bug floating around, where you invite someone else, but invite yourself... Not sure if that was fixed recently and can be related to this bug.

Here is something else, I found:

There is an odd Railjack transition bug, where I leave a Crewship and get dropped into the mission target instead, devoid of life. I can loot, but it's outside the mission script, the only thing working are the doors. No, I didn't build speed for 24 hours.with half an A press to get lots of de-facto speed. 

Reentering it gets me back into the script (normal gameplay) and can loot a second time.

If this is an early alpha of non-euclidean maps, it's working.

20 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed cases where players were not receiving Kill Codes in a Murex Raid even though players are uploading Codes in the Ground mission.

not really, its worse than ever, now i cant get any kill codes anymore, its the most deadly problem of all now, fix this first , plz!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papry said:

Change the flotilla 100 bonus to a "crafted stance forma" instead of that payout.

How about no? Stance forma is completely useless as they are way too expensive for what little value they add. Hell, most weapons with one or two forma can get away with a different stance.

Are there plans to introduce Magus Arcanes to the reward shop, or will it only be Warframe Arcanes?

Posted (edited)

This Hotfix has broke completely the event instead of fixing it. Space can't receive the codes at all. Inside the flotilla it takes ages just to load the driven away murex screen, this is incredibly frustrating

Edited by Uan91

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, LemmingOfTheBDA said:

Hummmmm

HA3CwQG.png

Are you sure it's the same instance? Compare the number you click to the number you see on top of the screen after you load in. It's always different... I think i've never loaded to the same number i clicked. The list is not updating in real time which means the relay became full before you click it, then you was moved to the other one. If you open that list, then exit, then open again, you'll see that available (not full) relays changing all the time. That makes it impossible to return to the same relay - the one with your score. Leaderboards for each relay are fine, but total score for the win bonus should be global among all the relays.

Edited by Sebith
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tethtoril said:

The early Condrix missions are designed for newer players, so that they can still participate in the event. It is nowhere near as bad as Eidolons, of course the longer you go the better rewards you get. If it was easy, and they add in legendary arcanes why would anyone ever feel the need to get eidolon tier gear? The rewards make snese

Yes, you can go half an hour for 200 creds. However, I've done several 17x runs in under half an hour, and none of our gear was particularly amazing. You can use the redeemer prime to pretty much crush the condrix. Before you say that's MR locked, ofc it is. The further you are into the game, the easier it is. 

I agree with pretty much everything else you said, DE needs to read your post

There are two issues with this statement, so let's deal with them in order.

1) You can easily get more than 200 points. 

Yeah, with the new scaling.  You'll note that this is after two separate nerfs to them, and I'd presume that these weren't solo runs.  It wasn't that long ago that point blank the Condrix was a huge bullet sponge whose scaling effectively made them a mess without a decently focused team.  My first couple of runs took about 30 minutes to get to the 200-300 mark, and if you join a group of randos it's still likely you'll take 15-20 minutes if you aren't a constant DPS source.

2) It's possible to run all 17 Condrixes in less than half an hour. 

Fine.  It's also possible to solo run the tri-dolon captures 5 times in a single night.  Possible and reasonable for anything but the edge case of players is an entirely separate case.  If your entire event is going to be focused of groups specifically designed to speed run the event then you're going to generate an insane grind for "casual" players.  For those edge cases, the only reason to do this event is to get the 2 new weapons, 3 sigils, 3 decorations, and maybe the melee mod stance forma.  That's about the 50k expenditure mark, with each forma requiring 5k more.  If I had all the arcanes I know that's all I'd engage in during this event.

So we're clear, the easiest spam I've found it to have a Zephyr fly up to the head and use either the Kuva Brakk or Catchmoon set for crit.  You can stand on the "eye" and spam attacks whose falloff is zero.  If you've got any corrosive they melt.  The three other players use the Tornados and CC to mop enemies up.  

I guess the answer here then is that if you wanted the same rewards structure for the ground portion you could have made it easier.  The Railjack sections is much more rewarding, but requires a decent setup to not get curb stomped.  My issue, and point, was that this is counter-productive.  You only get rewarded for whichever mission type got you more points.  Fine, I'm always going to go Railjack because the grind is shorter.  Going railjack ends the event, so there's a finite amount of benefit there before the more rewarding game mode ends it for everyone.  If I'm playing it's therefore only reasonable to play from about 20-60 Murex kills.  At that point I get the points, don't end the event, but have the least time investment.

The alternative is to actually think this through.  Instead of hard and soft stops you make the grind reward, and have hard stops to prevent silly scaling.  No, DE didn't learn that lesson.  They've tied another server timer into the system, and wonder why their new event is so broken on the rewards side.  I conjecture about the wondering, because it took 2+ days of solid complaints to figure out what they did now.  That's after just doubling everyone's rewards because they didn't know who lost out.

This is a painful doubling down on broken systems.  It's Conclave not accepting "universal" medallions all over again.  After 4 days they've still not made enough tweaks to make this fun, only a grind for things because the RNG reward system designed to extend play is somehow even worse at delivering desired rewards.

• Like 2

when it works it is ook.. good 4 person squad.. 17 condrixes one time, 14 another. 100/100 

AND NOW WAIT, dont join another one for the love of all thats good

just wait bonus email

Posted (edited)

When I logged in, I did a lith fissure and was in flotilla chat with others who were in different mission types. My arsenal button was gone and my friend was not able to join my party. (he got a message like "you can only join players that are in the same flotilla, but I sent the invitation while being in my orbiter). I "fixed" the "flotilla bug" by joining a flotilla and after having returned to my orbiter my arsenal was back and I could invite.

Then a new murex wave started and although ground teams were sending kill codes, space teams did not receive ( or like 1 in 15 mins) any kill codes. The orange chat seemed to be very laggy, but players could communicate in real time. This happened to all players in two flotillas where I was playing during this wave.

edit: the flotilla we joined now is working correctly!

Edited by Faliziaga
post scriptum

Joined relay 21/100

No murex detected 

Try 3 more times whit another relays.... still no murex detected.... 

Sigh.... 

Guess rip and tear the rest of the day...  

• Like 2

Please DE fix your event, it's unplayable

Bugs all over the place

We are stuck on 67/100 murex and can't do anything to continue so goodbye rewards

Dont even want to play anymore

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Me and my friends went back to this event when we read that this update fixed the issue of not receiving kill codes in Railjack. I tried out the mode personally with a public squad and found that it was indeed fixed and quickly got back into our own group. We then spent a total of 1 hour trapped in our second murix on 7/9 kill codes. Total mission time: 1 hour 20 min due to failure of keeping the oplinks operation because we gave up in the end.

Ground ops were sending codes non-stop but we never received any of them after the 1 hour mark in the mission. It's almost as if other space squads were swiping them away from us or the Sentients were intercepting them somehow. Even weirder, I was the only one receiving the codes when the flotilla box clearly state that my squad members were getting codes from other players. 

Over time, we got into the habit of thanking players who sent us the kill codes in chat (also writing the occasional melodramatic saga of our predicament with memes), in order to maintain our concentration in the mission. To our disbelief, we found that even the contributing player names were different between me and my squad mates. So it appears that the server is also getting confused by what's going on.

Finally, we decided that enough was enough and got out of the mission. Everyone, except one of my teammate, got 255 score. The odd one out got 150 score. Needless to say, my team do not want to touch this mode ever again. 

From my experience, I will suggest others to ensure that there will be 10:1 ratio of ground ops to railjack in order to make sure that somehow, there will be enough kill codes being sent out. That or don't come online until after a week when enough patch finally fixes the issue.

Funnily enough, I received a care package reinforcement from a player from within the flotilla and my friend was able to spawn infinite number of Vauban Flechette orbs during the mission. Might want to check in on this DE.

Edited by SebastianSommer

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Fixed cases where players were not receiving Kill Codes in a Murex Raid even though players are uploading Codes in the Ground mission.

This is still happening on a large scale. It seems the flotilla doesn't track or recognise any of its own space squads, so the ground squad kill codes float away. The flotilla says 0 space squads no matter how many are created from that flotilla.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

god dang thats a fine event!

if you cant play it coz the servers mean to say there is no stuff for it, literally.

I pretty much have this problem too.

31 minutes ago, -HM-Kanbaru_Suruga said:

Joined relay 21/100

No murex detected 

Try 3 more times whit another relays.... still no murex detected.... 

Sigh.... 

Guess rip and tear the rest of the day...  

Edited by Leon-Darkheart
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb Sebith:

Are you sure it's the same instance? Compare the number you click to the number you see on top of the screen after you load in. It's always different... I think i've never loaded to the same number i clicked. The list is not updating in real time which means the relay became full before you click it, then you was moved to the other one. If you open that list, then exit, then open again, you'll see that available (not full) relays changing all the time. That makes it impossible to return to the same relay - the one with your score. Leaderboards for each relay are fine, but total score for the win bonus should be global among all the relays.

I joined Flotilla 16 and actually joined Flotilla 2. 

Also, my Orbiter turned into a pseudo-Flotilla again, right now it's Flotilla 5 and I refuse to leave for now until the wave is over. I have no idea what happens

They should remove timer on murex thing. everyone tries to join where murex dead are high (60~80/100). (when I try to join it alwasy said, no murex detected)

while relay who get only started get no-one. the best I could join today has 14/100 destroyed with 27 minutes left. bye bye credit bonus -_-

Soon I will have enouhg to get the 2 new wepaons bye bye event...

Will the weapon rewards of this event be available after the event ends? Because I don't want to play just to grind this repetitive mission to get the weapons right now. Would like to get them when I am more inspired to play Warframe and not being held hostage by a timed event. 

• Like 1

I'll just throw my thoughts here. As far as event - I don't find it playable and will wait till fixes.

What really saddens me is that now the rest of Warframe is affected as well. Trading is almost impossible, matchmaking takes ages and good lord, don't try to decorate Dojo right now, because you will either "fail to place decoration" or "fail to donate".

vor 20 Stunden schrieb GKP_light:

and with the new HP scaling, the health of the boss would grow less (sub-linear, ^0.5) than the reward per boss (linear)...

so more the we would stay, the more it would be easy to gain point.

they really should put back the pre 27.2 HP scaling, with the quadratic growing.

reduce the armor scaling was very good ; but nobody asked to reduce the health.

That is Exactly my opinion,and remove the completely broken buff Viral gives you, make it 200%  max like the old viral ,,in theory'' gave.Stacking increases the time -> easy fix.

I don't know why people are complainging about the event, really.

I can't even log in to play it. Says "Login failed. Check your info." 🤡

3 hours ago, Chatman01 said:

I don't know why people are complainging about the event, really.

I can't even log in to play it. Says "Login failed. Check your info." 🤡

Same issue here after updating to the recent hotfix. So annoying.

On 2020-03-27 at 3:51 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Scarlet Spear Scoring Changes & Fixes:
If you have accrued any Scarlet Credits, you will receive an Inbox upon login to grant you a duplicate of that amount. The duplicate amount of Scarlet Credits will be reflective of your total Scarlet Credit score over the entire Operation, regardless of if you spent any already. 

For Example:
If you’ve earned 7,900 Scarlet Credits, you will receive an inbox with 7,900 more. 

This bug remains. Almost can confirm. Completed 17 waves yesterday, only received 630 point in inbox message.

I just don’t understand all of the complaining about the rate of earning points.   For me this is a far more reasonable way to get specific arcane I want than eidolons. 

Who would have thought you might have to grind a little to get things in warframe?

On 2020-03-28 at 5:15 AM, Archollector said:

not really, its worse than ever, now i cant get any kill codes anymore, its the most deadly problem of all now, fix this first , plz!!!

This has been my experience also, it appears from my limited testing to have gotten appreciably worse.  Last night it took 50 minutes to kill one murex despite there being 3 times as many ground teams and seeing kill codes regularly being uploaded in the flotilla chat.  Bordering on unplayable.

Still getting put into empty flotilla instances. Took six tries of picking a "busy" flotilla to finally get one that wasn't empty. The matchmaking design is horrible...makes it a real pain to even try the event.