Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your favorite underrated, non-meta, guilty pleasure weapons?

NovusKnight

title says it all! I'm curious to hear what everyone likes to use when they aren't min-maxing, or unorthodox uses people have for unpopular guns. here's a few I have:

-The Komorex, wielded by Nova specificaly. This gun is soooooo misunderstood. If you try using it like a regular sniper rifle doing a sniper rifle role, you'll be disappointed. this is an assault sniper, not a sharpshooter rifle. it's super, super spammable, status oriented (but with good crit nonetheless) and even has a brutal AoE viral explosive mode. with the removal of self-damage it's gold. being able to effortlessly go from target to target chaining headshots with no effort makes it actualy outstanding when facing fodder enemies, though heavies still fall apart with repeated headshots and bleed procs. It's essentialy the sniper I bring for sniper-only sorties because it's the most multi-target capable sniper rifle, and generaly handles like a prisma grinlok with innate punchthrough. Despite how people often say "USE THE EXPLOSIVE SHOT! ALWAYS USE EXPLOSIVE!!!!!!!1!!!11111!!1!!" I find it to sometimes be inferior to low-zoom, specificaly in corridors: all that splash damage kills one guy, but won't go any further. punch-through shots can sometimes kill four people if aimed right. if not... they come out MUCH faster than the explosive and have virtualy no recoil, so... it's all in all a VERY underrated weapon. it does require a buttload of forma though.

-The Knell. it's my go-to lich murderer when paired with invisible frames. Loki, this gun, and hushed invisibility can solo any lich, no matter the level. it's also insanely strong if used with Mag, Harrow, Volt, Vauban, Limbo... anyone who can facilitate headshots WILL have a great time here.

-Gaze kitgun. I legitimately can't understand why people call it a bad weapon. it's basicaly an alternate, single-target (still has AoE, just not as prominent) kuva nukor that can have infinite ammo. this gun SHREDS. the combination of raw crit it can have, with how fast it fires (beam stats make them insanely powerful status hoses) means you can shred a target's armor, or stack viral, in the blink of an eye, while showering them in yellow. Absolutely eats heavy enemies for breakfast. like, it's not even funny. I kill late-game enemies faster with this than I do with "THE META" catchmoon/tombfinger.

-Cernos Prime! with status changes, this bow can simultaneously proc a lot of viral, and force-proc a lot of crit slashes from HunMon. it also has a bonus headshot multiplier. ... it's a better Dread, for me. Absolutely insane with some setups.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, NovusKnight said:

-The Knell. it's my go-to lich murderer when paired with invisible frames. Loki, this gun, and hushed invisibility can solo any lich, no matter the level. it's also insanely strong if used with Mag, Harrow, Volt, Vauban, Limbo... anyone who can facilitate headshots WILL have a great time here.

allow me to introduce myself 

Spoiler

dREDatM.png

• Like 4

Just some notes about your choices.

• If you use a fire rate mod on the Komorex, the bonus fire rate ignores the AoE zoomed-in shot's negative. That's probably why people always say use the explosive shot.
  • The Gaze was worse at release and had to live in the shadow of things like the Tombfinger. So that's why it's talked down upon, but IMO it's really powerful now against high level enemies.
  • The status changes made the Cernos P the best standard bow no contest. Not even the Daikyu compares anymore.

Ferrox - A mini sniper mixed with a mass CC and status proccing machine. If you can cough up your primary weapon, it's great most of the places the Zenistar was.  

Battacor: A built-in radiation Opticor, and the first automatic burst weapon. From the visuals to the design, it perfectly embodies a Corpus/Sentient hybrid (not to be confused with Amalgam weapons such as the Komorex and Cyanex). Mind the Magnetic damage, its stats are quite strong for a burst weapon.

The only downsides I see with the Battacor are that: it has no starting Polarities and it's rather slow.

2 hours ago, NovusKnight said:

The Komorex

The changes to self-stagger definitely improved the reliability of the Viral burst round too. Never hurts to mention its reload animation, but a 3-second reload is enough to turn people away.

2 hours ago, NovusKnight said:

Cernos Prime! with status changes, this bow can simultaneously proc a lot of viral, and force-proc a lot of crit slashes from HunMon. it also has a bonus headshot multiplier. ... it's a better Dread, for me. Absolutely insane with some setups.

Nothing can go wrong with the Cernos Prime. Its two shot patterns alternate between crowds and single targets. This is one of my main Condrix killing weapons.

Edited by Duality52
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, KitMeHarder said:

If you use a fire rate mod on the Komorex, the bonus fire rate ignores the AoE zoomed-in shot's negative. That's probably why people always say use the explosive shot.

Hah, I've used the Komorex a bit but never thought to put a RoF on it and did not know this.    Playing with it in the simulacrum,  there is also some unpleasant  glitchyness with the firing input in AoE mode, although it's not as noticeable the higher the fire rate goes.  

And slotting Critical Delay...breaks the weapon after one shot.   Because of course it does.   What an amusing game Warframe is. 

Call it nostalgia from when it was one of the strongest melee weapons way back, but I still love the Dual Ichors. It may not have been a massive range, room-clear-in-one-swing weapon, but it was and still is an amazing hybrid weapon that looks so good and feels so fluid to use.

I've also loved the Spira Prime since forever and tried so hard to make it actually good. Dumped an ungodly amount of kuva into the Riven I got for it. Still just kinda meh, but man does it have style. At least they FINALLY fixed the stupid thing where every other shot landed way beneath the previous so you couldn't consistently hit headshots! It only took literally years to remove the handicap from a weapon that was never really meta.

Edited by (PS4)Krikenemp
  • Like 1

Before liches, I would have told you the Ogris was my favourite weapon. I'm even sad the little pre-charge was removed for the kuva variant. Even before cautious shot, it was like taming a beast. People understand now with the K.Ogris, but it's huge raw damage, high status and explosion radius were very underrated, combined with gas and faction damage made it a demon. I calculated on a single target, I was averaging over 1 million damage per shot after the full duration of the gas procs (with a multishot+toxin riven). The tune of firing rockets, the spectacular updated explosions, preceded by the intimidating mechanical wind-up that you could cancel at any time, and the fact that in the hundreds of missions I played before liches I didn't recall EVER seeing a soul use it, it felt like it was my weapon.

My best underrated (Edit: No longer underrated, now topping tier lists) weapon: Twin Kohmak I think is easily my favourite weapon right now, and probably my most used of all time. Unspectacular crit and average status chance, but still competes as a top weapon in raw damage alone, and I love that because raw damage always works (some things are status or even crit immune). Very hot disposition too, which I'm honestly shocked by. At first I used the weapon after becoming oddly pleased by the reload animation, and then the hammering noise of first shooting, and then the insanity of the thing unloaded at full-spool with several fire-rate mods.

My guilty pleasure: Talons are just joy. It seems with revised, several weapons now do this, but Talons features a guaranteed ragdolling explosion that hysterically scatters enemies all over a room. They do double damage when latched, which is mildly saddening, and thier fixed multishot pattern makes them absolutely useless for damage. Not remotely meta.

Guilty sound pleasure: Larkspur is just solid. You may have noticed I mention the weapon sounds for many weapons. I must confess, most of my time spent with this weapon is probably from charging up the cannon and letting the sound play through completely before releasing. What an awesome sound, different every time! I wish the explosion was remotely as cool. As for weapon performance, the chaining effect just eviscerates rooms, it's status chance is 50%! Ammo Max is a must mod. Innate radiation, which was useful when gas was dealing toxin and being negated by infested, also when gas actually did damage.

Edited by VhwatGoes
Twin Kohmak new meta
  • Like 1

On 2020-03-26 at 6:28 PM, (PS4)Ragology said:

Do you work for DE? Sounds like a bait topic to get our favorite "under the radar" weapons nerfed.

Those have been goin around lately. Anytime someone post: what's the most powerful weapon/frame or any variations of, I ain't trusting S#&$. Big nope from me. 

• Like 1

On 2020-03-27 at 2:20 AM, Tiltskillet said:
On 2020-03-26 at 6:27 PM, KitMeHarder said:

If you use a fire rate mod on the Komorex, the bonus fire rate ignores the AoE zoomed-in shot's negative. That's probably why people always say use the explosive shot.

Hah, I've used the Komorex a bit but never thought to put a RoF on it and did not know this.    Playing with it in the simulacrum,  there is also some unpleasant  glitchyness with the firing input in AoE mode, although it's not as noticeable the higher the fire rate goes.  

And slotting Critical Delay...breaks the weapon after one shot.   Because of course it does.   What an amusing game Warframe is. 

I've played with this some more today and it looks like the AoE mode penalty is just additive with fire rate mods.  Which seems like a reasonable way for it to work. 

For example, I can get approximately the same RoF in AoE mode as I can unscoped without any mods if I slot 75% bonus  fire rate.  And if I put a -24% Crit Delay on, it takes about 17 seconds to fire a second shot in AoE mode. 😛  Which is hilarious, but also right where it should be if it's all additive.  (I did discover that with a maxed, -36%  Crit Delay it actually will fire again after 20 seconds, so I'm going to assume that's just a floor on minimum ROF.) 

But do not, any circumstances, think that a -RoF riven curse is a good thing.

The weapon does still seems to suffer from  input lag more than most. 

Edited by Tiltskillet

If I started here that'd be a long list. I stopped going for meta pretty quickly. Once you reap up rivens you're on a pretty level playing field anyway. Plus I'm a variety player in general. Basically all my frames/weapons have one digit usage %.

As for Komorex, I didn't like the look and feel (and sound) of shooting it. It doesn't match the monstrous size of the gun. Similar for Battacor.

On 2020-03-26 at 6:28 PM, (PS4)Ragology said:

Do you work for DE? Sounds like a bait topic to get our favorite "under the radar" weapons nerfed.

This.  If you don't want the actually good things to get nerfed, don't tell anyone about them.  DE nerfs based on popularity and annoyance (to DE) rather than actual power of something.  Ergo what always gets nerfed are loud, bright, festive and obvious weapons that whiners notice easily even if the weapons aren't actually impressive.  If I can do 95% damage over a full squad without using an AoE damage frame, I hold that shizzle in reserve and pretend like I don't got nothing until I need to whip it out, then I obfuscate afterward to try to keep people from figuring out what they saw.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

my best weapon is my Falcor. Built for raw corrosive damage, its charged throw damage is 16,842.2, with a detonation of 22966.6, and i can use it on my ivara with a navigator multiplier of 7.7x damage. Since glaives have innate enemy punch through, and surface-ricochet i can navigator one throw for as long as i have energy. Even without ivara's multiplier this thing is a powerhouse of a weapon and glaive/pistol is fun

On 2020-03-27 at 2:08 AM, (PS4)jaggerwanderer said:

Kulstar: I let my Mirage Prime equip this bad boy with Primed Surefooted for maximum carnage. Those kuva bramma still wonders why everything dies but they got to kills.

Yes! Kulstar is extremely fun. With that mirage cluster bombs everywhere!

Spoiler

mfs92uH.png

Instead of using a +ammo max mod I just put synth set on my sentinel.

I also like Pox a lot, and I've been working on formaing a Tysis. The Infested weapons all have really neat designs but you don't see many of them often. I'm excited for infested liches!

Using my Beloved Volnus... after the Changes to Meele... the Paracecis is useles now... dps droped and Bloodrush does not make it great either.... Why Volnus you may ask... maybe its cuz i can oneshot enemys above LvL 100 XD
if you Hold Rightclick you will Spin to Win.... Without breaking your Darn fingers.... and the Ending of the Combo is a Nice Boom to the Ground followed by your battlecrys spinnig around like a Mixer with a Hammer
20200411105951_1.jpg20200411110039_1.jpg

Primary Definitely Phage. With a decent riven it's still not the best weapon but it's okay to kill anything below lvl 80 with glowing tentacles.

Secondary : Used to be Dual Toxocyst when the buff was not broken. As now... No weapon I really enjoy but most of my warframe pack a Aklex Prime, it does the job okay at long range.

Melee : I use mostly mainstream stuff (or at least fairly played stuff) but I guess I could count Guandao, it's a lovely metal fan.

Boar prime primary i have no clue why bc its an impact shotgun so its naturally not great but ig i like the sound

secondary euphona prime. I wish this weapon would get like a dakra prime type buff or at least some crit and more fall off range for the alt fire and status and reload speed for slug 

and melee heavy attack tatsu if that is not meta