Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE BROKEN WARFRAME WON...

Honestly, I actually can't wait to see how this Warframe is going to look, both in concept and in motion. It better be doing some weird nonsense like walking backwards for forward motion or missing certain body parts and sections (probably the latter from a more realistic, technical perspective).

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

It sounds like DE or their investors are trying to troll their players, something that R* like to do constantly. 

This "Take Two" stuff is really suspicious now.

If by troll the players, you mean allowing the players themselves to make (most of) the decisions?

Also what type of conspiracy theory nonsense are you smoking?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blexander said:

The reason I'm calling both DE and DC uncreative is the fact that many wonderful ideas got completely ignored in favour of... an ongoing meme.

ok, but see that's where opinions come in. what you might think are wonderful ideas might seem like garbage ideas to other people, and vice versa. you should also bear in mind that not everyone on the DC voted for the Broken Frame, I myself wanted the Falconer, but I lost the vote, and that's how democracy works. beside,s there's still every chance that the Broken Frame might actaully be fun: it would be jumping the gun to dismiss it on the premise alone before it's even created: I balked slightly at the concept for Grendel at first, and while he's not Meta by any means, he''s still quite fun for me to play as; and that's really all the broken frame needs to be: fun.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Primus Patronum said:

Broken Warframe sounds like it'll be a flying hoverbike with homing missiles.

oh god, don't remind me of the Oppressor Mk2 from GTA online.. so many lost cargo crates...

• Like 2

It makes perfect sense to pick the frame that represents the current game state, I'm hoping next time they pick an open world warframe

Sad realities aside, since DE is obsessed with modular equipment I hope they make this warframe a modular warframe, then it would ascetically and mechanically be broken and disjointed fitting the theme, sadly it would mess with cosmetics but we can dream, maybe they will sell tennogen by the limb lol

Edited by BreezeKazero
  • Like 1

Ok let's work out the abilities then. Of course he will be a damage dealer, as bugs are what damges the game most.

So the first one 'Host Migration' - cc ability. Enemies within range from where the reticle points get host migration and are stuck in sprinting animation for x seconds

Second one 'First Ember Rework' - does absolutely f***ing nothing, just wastes your energy

Third one 'A Host with Crappy Connection' - a debuff - makes all actions of the enemies be performed with x seconds delay or not perform at all. After finishing the effect, all enemies are stuck in level geometry and need time to type 'unstuck' command.

Finally the ultimate - 'Scarlet Spear' has one of three random effects: targeted enemies may straight out die from boredom; targeted enemies get their game crashed and stand still endlessly; targeted enemies become so pissed off from kill codes not counting they turn on your side with x% increased damage.

And the passive 'Ancient Retribution' every second has a small chance for enemy faction to receive this thing as a random drop so they all crash and mission instantly completes.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Blexander said:

So, the design counsel is also incredibly uncreative. Good to know. Well, see you guys in 7 years when "lighbulb frame" becomes the next "community made" frame.

Why are we getting sht for this?  We only got to vote on what DE posted, that's it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Ah, yeah, fair.  Kinda stupid question on my part, really. 

Ehh kind of. It's still really presumptuous and rude to just assume folks in DC have a huge amount of control over anything in the game.

At best we're the final poll they go through, and half the time they just outright ignore some of our suggestions.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Well I find broken warframe to be most unique. Gargoyle? Meh, Hive? Nidus exist, Morpheus? We have too many frames with sleep abilities already, Ballerina? Ridiculous, Arawn? Khora exist, Kamaitachi? Garuda exist, Calligraphy? Debatable, Ghost in the machine? Debatable.

There were so many amazing, creative themes suggested, but the design counsel chose the worst ones.

• Like 4

Disappointed, but mostly because I was really hoping for that calligraphy theme.

Still, there are a lot of really neat ways this could go, be it literally broken and have its powers be the result of errors in its construction, or metaphorically broken and play with the system's nature as a video game.

I'll be honest, I don't actually think the latter sounds all that interesting or fun, and the thing I fear is that the numerous and at-this-point repetitive "oh it'll emulate bugs" reactions will be played totally straight.  I don't think playing with the metafiction in that way would be especially productive.  Now, a Warframe that was a mistake in some way, now that I can get into.  It could be a failed prototype or the Warframe equivalent of a decoration piece, never intended to see actual use and so its powers overload or something.  Or it's designed as a Chemistry frame, but whoever built it was bad at chemistry so it causes explosions when it's supposed to spray acid, or it just spills things all over because it turns out carefully mixing things is hard when flipping around at sixty miles per hour.  I just think that the "glitch" approach ends up so much more limiting than exploring alternative approaches to the theme.

Edited by Vox_Preliator
  • Like 1

Lol its smart move DE choose.

Im sure frame will just get bugs, and the best part is, Community will never know if the bugs is intended or not XD

Like if your frame cant move or cant open door or cant switch to operator. Loading screen loop. Animation broken. 

All bugs u named it. The frame will have it.

Edited by superiouz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Why are we getting sht for this?  We only got to vote on what DE posted, that's it. 

Because you guys shouldn't be able to decide which frames get made when we have so many other fan ideas that have been offered to DE. Soooo many ideas just left in the freakin' dust because DE doesn't listen and has you guys to decide for them. Ugh. 

• Like 4

Well, it shouldn't be hard for DE to make this Warframe. Should be the easiest Warframe they've ever made.

Just now, (PS4)DoctorWho_90250 said:

Because you guys shouldn't be able to decide which frames get made when we have so many other fan ideas that have been offered to DE. Soooo many ideas just left in the freakin' dust because DE doesn't listen and has you guys to decide for them. Ugh. 

It's DE's fault that they don't offer those fan concepts to vote on. DE chooses to ignore those concepts. If the DC got to vote on those fan concepts, we would. Blame DE, not the DC. Although I think that if DE is just going to offer silly concepts to vote on, then they shouldn't offer a vote at all.

Edited by TheGildedOni