Thanks For Watching Home Time #1!

[DE]Megan

Thanks for tuning in to our first Home Time stream!

Platinum Winners:

Spoiler

TWITCH:
mister_shmit
tfuran
traix_x

Inaros Noggle Winner: cheloth 

We forgot to do an Ivara Prime Access giveaway! Sorry about that. We'll be doing 2 giveaways on tomorrow's Home Devstream.

Fan Art:

Community-Created Warframe Theme Winner:

Stay tuned on how this next Warframe will be interpreted! 

See you tomorrow for an at home edition Devstream!

11 minutes ago, (PS4)GrandElderDragon said:

They picked the stupidest, lamest, community warframe ever. Broken warframe. Seriously!?. This just proves the devs weren"t listening to the community.

I can't tell if this is high level sarcasm or not

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)GrandElderDragon:

They picked the stupidest, lamest, community warframe ever. Broken warframe. Seriously!?

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)GrandElderDragon:

This just proves the devs weren"t listening to the community.

0da133b5d5.png
Noooot sure if you get the point of the term "Community Warframe" when you are saying "the devs weren't listening to the community". Really not sure about it^^'

Wellllll, in case you (or some other Tenno out there) really do not know how the "Community-Created Warframe Theme Winner" was selected:
DE picked 10 Warframe-Themes and the Design Council ( = part of the Community) was able to vote. The Theme with the most votes won.

Spoiler

The link shows the post of Helen (you can see the "Top 10 Themes" there listed if you click on it) if you need further information 🙂 
edit: Here the vote that happened in the Design Council (hope it is ok to share it. I blacked out the names but you can still see the final vote result)
03c5bce2bc.png

All in all: If you do not like the winner = blame the Community. If you do not want to blame the complete Community, blame the Design Council. Or blame DE for... something. You do you, I don't judge.
In the end DE put it up to vote and part of the Community decided on this Warframe Theme, that's how I see it~ 

Don't get me wrong, I personally voted for a different theme...but that's how it goes sometimes....I am still looking forward to how exactly this upcoming Warframe will show up ingame. Maybe we get a hotfix that includes more bugs for this Warframe? Maybe it can lag out of the map....maybe it will show "ability in use" even if you are not using one of your abilities at all... or maybe it will force a hostmigration, who knows how much mayhem this Warframe will cause^^'
Those (totally not serious) ideas aside, I have no idea how that Warframe will turn out. It could be fun. I hope so.

And yay, first Home Time! Let's hope things go back to normal rather sooner than later, even if it was fun to watch^^
(Oh and I like the name Home Time! A little bit funny, it reminded me of "Home alone" and I thought that the other name "Prime Alone" would have been toooo dark, sooo there is that in my head...i digress)

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

1 hour ago, (PS4)GrandElderDragon said:

They picked the stupidest, lamest, community warframe ever. Broken warframe. Seriously!?. This just proves the devs weren"t listening to the community.

Really hoping they didn't remove the Haha reaction...

This guy either really serious about this or just baiting for angry responses.

4 hours ago, Fabpsi said:

All in all: If you do not like the winner = blame the Community. If you do not want to blame the complete Community

Still though, i think there were far more community votes and repeated theme ideas for warframes that didnt get put in the top 10. Only 1 of them was put up there it seemed, emphasis on 1! 😔

Feels like it was a bit more of a "random player theme selection" rather than "community theme selection". The picks im sure werent completely random, but for the most part, yes...

And I GET that you want to be fair to the people who may have just come "late to the party", but basically letting RNG decide what gets in the Top 10 i feel is waaayy worst than making sure top liked and "early bird" ideas get the most "reserved seats". I think they deserve it for being early birds and getting the community hyped up the most. Rewarding them for their effort in devoting time and gaining community attention. Rng should have decided only 3 spots on top 10 list, while top liked and early birds get 7 spots. Its far more Fair (yes with a capital F) and pleasant as i think most would agree.

Not that it matters anymore anyway...😢

if they choose the abilities for this warframe the same way the chose the theme, ima be sad; especially if none the top 10 favorited ability set ideas from the community get picked, and they pick something on the 500th page with 10 likes over something on the first page with 500 likes with 1000 repeated ideas of the same ability set.

But overall, still thanks DE for giving all of our ideas at least some sort of fighting chance... better than nothing, and someone somewhere has a dream thats come true with this theme idea so dope!💙🖤💙😏😁😏💙🖤💙

10 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Community-Created Warframe Theme Winner:

It certainly wouldn't have gotten my vote, but I can see how it won the poll. I guess a lot of people were either troll voting or curious to see how it would turn out.

Anyway, looking forward what they'll do with it. After all, Nova turned out all right.

The thing about the "Broken Warframe", and why it's actually not such a bad idea when you think about it, is that it could be anything that literally play with the codes of the game. You would probably get a warframe that literally distort game mechanics you're not supposed to influence. For example, imagine a Warframe able to lower enemy levels (without lowering affinity gain ofc), or generating environmental hazards anywhere at any time while making themselves and allies immune to it. It's not about making a silly, low quality frame based on unfun memes. It's more about making something that is absolutely "meta", while also reflecting some of the difficulties you may encounter while programming.

The visual look of the warframe can also be much greater than you guys may think about. DE can put more the accent on the broken theme : an absolutely grotesque looking thing, beyond flawed at first sight, barely able to walk, yet turning its flaws into perfection. Something that could be described as a failed Orokin experiment, but managed to evolve on its own and is constantly in a state of self-improvement despite the absurdity of its powers. In fact : the sheer strangeness of its abilities is the reason why that warframe would be an absolute killing machine.

In the end, I'd say wait for it. I'm convinced we can actually get something great from that idea. It's all about being creative and not falling into the trap of making a "joke frame". Something great can be done here.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb _Connor:

How is DE forcing their personal top 10 picks in any way a community choice?

I guess they wanted to do it in the same way they did it back in the day with the first Community Warframe: Nova? 
They sorta have to do a pre-pick a few choices on their own because if there isn't an early selection process, there would be too many topics and possible votes would go all over the place. We shouldn't be surprised that the devs pick a few Warframe-Themes beforehand for their game. It still remains a community choice because all the ideas came from the community, there is no way to change that - no matter what themes they could've picked ^^'

How is a handful of 'design council' nobodies a valid representation of the community at large?

It is not a valid representation, never said that. That's why you have all the reason to 'blame' the Design Council (= part of the Community) if you want to.
However, over the past years there were always polls and whatnot happening for the Design Council-people to decide upcoming stuff. Specially in the beginning of open beta. The members are iirc Founder & people who are very active or helpful in the Warframe Forums. It still remains a community vote, and it isn't a real suprise that DE sticks to old-fashion-ways and use the Design Council again for a vote...even if the Community has grown a lot since 'the good old days'

How did the least imaginative and low effort idea out of the list of 10 get voted to the top? 

As you can see in my spoiler, the votes are focused on a few specific themes, but some of them are just all over the place. I do not know what was in mind of the Design Council members who voted on this theme. Maybe they wanted to see a "meme" come to life in game and thought "loL, I bEt thEy woN't do tHiS 1 Xd", maybe this Warframe-theme has the most potential to be creative and new and unique - your guess is as good as mine.
All I can say is that there was already a more or less heated discussion between some Design Council members in the specific Thread in the Design Council. You are not alone with your opinion if that makes you feel better 🙂

Sooooooo overall they could have changed the voting progress a little bit in my opinion so this aftermath wouldn't exist in the first place.
Here is an idea:
Maybe (next time, heh... ) they could stick to their own 10 or 15 picks (no way to change that a pre-pick by DE needs to be there), but could do 2 polls.
The 1st poll is for all, so everyone can be involved. After this poll, the top 5 picks with the most votes go into the 2nd poll.
The 2nd poll is for the Design Council members who now have a smaller poll that contains the top themes picked by the complete Community. Furthermore the Design Council members would be able to see possible favorites/tendencies and discussions about the different themes of other players that happened during the 1st poll.

Would that work better for you?
I totally agree btw, there were many ideas and Warframes out there that already looked amazing! Like, wow, seeing a full-fleshed out theme well written with beautiful Concept-Art always blows me away every single time. Some Tenno out there are truly amazing artists and put a lot of time & effort into their ideas. Or even the players who reminded of us older Warframe-Themes that were already out there for a long time. 

Instead the "Broken Warframe submitted by @eaterofstorms" won, containing only 1 sentence. I get it that this can create a feeling like "that's not fair! That's not true!"... Buuuuuuuut DE said that they are only interested in a theme atm. Maybe there is no use in picking a basically already finished Warframe if there are still other steps left in the creation process, idk. Btw here the other steps:

Spoiler

Community-Design-Warframe-Timeline-16-9.jpg

All in all:
I think the "Broken Warframe"-idea has a lot of potential. The true potential of this Warframe comes with the "Ability Design"-phase. Those can be very unique and creative, stuff we have never seen before! 
So the only thing left for us is to try our luck during that phase... ^^'
Let's wait and see how it goes~

10 hours ago, (PS4)GrandElderDragon said:

Ok, i was wrong about the dev part, but still from the list of ten ideas. The council picked the lamest, most stupid one. There were much better options then broken warframe.

The 10 choices were mostly minor variations of existing frames to be fair.

congrats on the winner

Some thoughts:

I hope it is the epithamy of bugs - ALL at random times.
You should have no control over it, with skill or with mods.
It should stop working all of a sudden, become immortal, but you can't move.
All limbs on strange places at other time, health drop to 2 or go as high as 200000 at others. |
Jumping only back, moving only sideways(happened many times)
Attacks operator when you go out.
All random!!!

4 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

congrats on the winner

Some thoughts:

Imagine if the creater of this warframe was sad that it got picked because they were just kidding 😂😂😂

7 hours ago, kyori said:

Where was this broadcasted? Twitch? Youtube? Twitter???

Twitch and Mixer are the best ways to view it with your warframe account linked. That way you get twitch drops and a tremendously low to impossible chance of winning 100 to 1000 platinum

8 hours ago, Fabpsi said:

Maybe (next time, heh... ) they could stick to their own 10 or 15 picks (no way to change that a pre-pick by DE needs to be there), but could do 2 polls.
The 1st poll is for all, so everyone can be involved. After this poll, the top 5 picks with the most votes go into the 2nd poll.
The 2nd poll is for the Design Council members who now have a smaller poll that contains the top themes picked by the complete Community. Furthermore the Design Council members would be able to see possible favorites/tendencies and discussions about the different themes of other players that happened during the 1st poll.

Would that work better for you?

Yes BUT 20 picks

And top liked and early picks get atleast 10 spots.

Then we vote all the way to 5 left

Then design console choose

If they do another. I have hopes they will.

Also

"Ability design... creative stuff never seen before"

I guess it wouldnt be too odd for this warframe to be able to have a building mechanic in which 4 legs and a tail for a werewolf styled warframe.

Hell, the broken warframe could be a shapeshifter by breaking into parts and putting itself back together again.

Maybe youre right..

Archived