Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Revert Exodia Contagion, please?

Fari

Specifically the part of Exodia Contagion that requires "while aim gliding" to launch projectiles. This zaw arcane didn't used to have that requirement, I'm not sure when they added 'aim gliding' as part of it's formula, but I do understand why: Back when this arcane was new I used it quite a bit with my dagger zaw, and I'd not infrequently end up dying to it, having recently bullet jumped, and then trying to melee something.

The addition previously made sense as a safety mechanism, but it's also a bigger hassle to perform especially if you use the attack with any frequency.. Now that self damage is just staggers, this arcane feels like an unnecessary recipe for hand pain: jump, jump, right click, melee, repeat. Removing the aim glide step from it would take so much away from that, and the reason that safety was added is already gone anyways.

I get it, it's a fairly minor thing in the grand scheme of things, just a reasonably niche branch of melee weapons, but something like this event where spamming it works pretty well really highlights how that extra step is a relic of before the self damage changes.

Removing the double jump / bullet jump requirement will turn all zaws into an infected cannon. Then it will be widely used by everyone, and get caught into DE nerf radars. Its base damage multiplier will be reduced or fall off will be lowered. Is that what you want? 

Edited by --Aegis--MR9

6 hours ago, --Aegis--MR9 said:

Removing the double jump / bullet jump requirement will turn all zaws into an infected cannon. Then it will be widely used by everyone, and get caught into DE nerf radars. Its base damage multiplier will be reduced or fall off will be lowered. Is that what you want? 

I don't think he's asking for the double jump/bullet jump requirement to be removed, he's asking that the aim glide requirement be removed.

I mean it's in the very first sentence of the post, in quotations.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Fari said:

This zaw arcane didn't used to have that requirement, I'm not sure when they added 'aim gliding' as part of it's formula

I never used exodia contagion until a few months ago when the plague star event happened again and I finally got mine. It most certainly did have the aimglide requirement then.

This was memorable because of the idiotic broken autoblock "system" which forces you into aimglide whenever you get shot at. This makes the projectile fire itself when you're trying to melee the enemy that you just jumped at... causing an immediate suicide when it detonates 3 metres in front of your face.

Edited by DoomFruit

I've had this Exodia since the first Plague Star event. I'm pretty sure you always had to to "aim" while in the air to make it work after a double jump, no? Maybe that's just how I did it and it wasn't a requirement....

Anywho my current gripe is that there was a time post-melee 3.0 that you didn't have to full equip it to get it to fire off and you could still aim-glide and shoot it out with a quick melee.... maybe it's a bug or something, IDK.

I spent 2h till I figured out you need to aim glide after bullet jump/double jump and I was going insane, even built new zaw, tested with multiple stances, re-equipped arcane many times. So I thought exodia contagion got bugged, till I read this article ty. Cuz it past when wukong nuke was thing, bullet jump/double jump was enough, why they changed this got no f idea.

I thought it always had the aim glide. If you remove the aim glide, how do you tell your attack to slam or toss the contagion blade? Back in the day before we could point our slam attacks, it was simple. Just don't look down. But now you can point your slam attacks into different angles.

Edited by (PS4)mahoshonenfox

1 hour ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

If you remove the aim glide, how do you tell your attack to slam or toss the contagion blade?

Was gonna post this.

Honestly, for free ranged AoE damage, I can accept a slight clunkiness in triggering it.

Still not a fan that it can trigger without manual input thanks to mid-air auto-block, but at least that doesn't kill you anymore now, so w/e, I guess.

6 hours ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

I thought it always had the aim glide. If you remove the aim glide, how do you tell your attack to slam or toss the contagion blade? Back in the day before we could point our slam attacks, it was simple. Just don't look down. But now you can point your slam attacks into different angles.

I suppose probably the same as sigma & octantis. Which is.. I guess, slamming requires being fairly far down pointed? Gotta be honest, even if it couldn't slam at all any more would that really be such a bad sacrifice? Anyone who loves slamming a bunch, and wants to double jump before slamming could just... not use this arcane. The same way someone that wants lots of slams might not use sigma & octantis.

23 hours ago, Raso719 said:

I've had this Exodia since the first Plague Star event. I'm pretty sure you always had to to "aim" while in the air to make it work after a double jump, no? Maybe that's just how I did it and it wasn't a requirement....

Anywho my current gripe is that there was a time post-melee 3.0 that you didn't have to full equip it to get it to fire off and you could still aim-glide and shoot it out with a quick melee.... maybe it's a bug or something, IDK.

It definitely did not used to have the aim glide requirement. I guarantee you this. Like I said, I've had it since the first plague star as well. Just double jump, no aim glide. 

Also what do you mean? You can still do that process without it actively out, 80% sure, the act of meleeing brings it out of course, but. I think the first of such still sends the projectile out just fine? 

On 2020-03-26 at 10:32 PM, --Aegis--MR9 said:

I did not ask for double/bullet removed, please read. Just the aim glide part of it, exactly how it used to be. Still have to perform those actions, but only do any melee in the air to launch, not aim glade. It wasn't too good back then when that's exactly how it worked, well it was but only because of covert lethality doing 100% health damage on the projectiles, not because it was a 'cannon'. I'm not asking for that part back. And frankly, even though removing the aim glide requirement won't increase it's output at all, and you're operating on a misconception: yes, I'd be willing to sacrifice some of the weapon's damage for it being less carpal tunnel inducing (there's no reason or need to nerf it though). I used to like it when it was brand new but shelved it because it was suicidal (and less OP after they nerfed it a few times), now I brought it back out for this event, I like it, but I'm gonna shelve it because it kills my hand to use.

On 2020-03-28 at 10:54 AM, Fari said:

It definitely did not used to have the aim glide requirement. I guarantee you this. Like I said, I've had it since the first plague star as well. Just double jump, no aim glide. 

Also what do you mean? You can still do that process without it actively out, 80% sure, the act of meleeing brings it out of course, but. I think the first of such still sends the projectile out just fine? 

I'll take your word for it.

I've played with it more and it seems like if your melee isn't already out from quick melee you need to quick melee a few times to get the thing to shoot. So just meleeing once doesn't seem to always work to make it shoot.